How to solve most major problems in the game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

First off i want to apologize for my bad English and this is only a idea.

Many problems in wvw and pve comes from ppl just stacking very close togeder making doll and booring gameplay.

My sulotion would be that you can no longer pass trooh other players or npcs.

What it would solve.

1. In pve dunceons players no longer stack togeder in small corner beacose there is not enough room for every 1 there and same for enemy npc forcing players to fight on open like its intended.

2. It will make wvw more tacktical were some players can shield others with theyr bodys and wount let enemys pass certain landscapes ( you can walk over downed body) it will bring back meaning to melee classes and arenanet could bring back old stability beacose reason it was made like this was that enemy melee could easlyly pass trooh everything. Also a lot other tacktical movments (smaller groups would be viable beacose they are easyer to manage and will have more mobility).

3. In open world ppl will not run trooh ur body and ruin ur screenshots maibe?? xD

Downside

1. Ppl can troll you and surround you and than you have to waypoint or teleport out of ur corrent location

For ending i know there are a lot of ppl who would like everything to stay like it is but I hope some of you will support me and want game to get better.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

ok, I’ll bite.

how is stacking in dungeons not a viable strategy? take 5 people and tell them to fight 20 people. out in the open is just begging for failure. the enemies don’t wait one at a time like old kungkittenmovies. they all rush in at once, causing confusion and panic.

in wvw, everyone would make a guardian line in the front and no zergs would be able to kill each other. what is already a glorified keep swap will just get worse, and I predict zergs will just hold their own territories and soak up the points. rip wvw combat.

and re: screenshots: just be patient. or ask them politely to move. it’s amazing what you can get when you ask.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

You mean you create a new MAJOR PROBLEM that makes all current major problems
just minor problems ? Great idea .. thumbs up.

What about simply let the client crash each time one player gets in range of another
player ?

Oh .. and btw. personally i don’t see your problems as really a problem.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I’m actually not against this. Stacking on top of each other breaks immersion in general, the AoE areas are large enough to fit everyone in the field even without overlapping.

Simple solution to the downsides is to allow pass through in open world, but inside dungeons/fractals/raids, you cannot pass through.

It wouldn’t really stop stacking as you can still kind of stack even if you aren’t passing through each other, but it would certainly stop people from stacking behind a small pillar or little rock.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Body blocking bosses in corners with earth elementals, trolling people by locking them in corners while they are in combat, fixing “a problem” that is not even there, insane lag and server crashes. I am up for it.

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

Let’s make a troll guild and body-block all the new players who just finished the tutorial!

How about stacking on top of other players? Boy I’d love to see how many maps could be broken out of with this.

WvW troll guild? Sure! Let’s line golems up in front of the spawn area to prevent anyone from getting through! That’s a great idea for WvW server sabotage!

I’m sure there are many many great ways to ruin the game with this proposed change!

Games like Archeage have some of this and it’s suitable for trolls who park in front of major entrances to block other players from getting through. Let’s do the same in GW2!

Yeah no. Hopefully ANet will never implement this. Ever.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

WvW troll guild? Sure! Let’s line golems up in front of the spawn area to prevent anyone from getting through! That’s a great idea for WvW server sabotage!

well in wvw with exception for spawning area and its surroundings (but only for allied passing through) imo it would only help – you see what ruins currently wvw are stacked zergs – without them able to stack many good things will come back

in case opf trolling there can be multiple things implemented to prevent that – f.e. you could be able to dodge through allies (and that would even make sense in some way – lets say ally is making place for you seeing you want to dodge sth dangerous)

someone mention guardians with their “you shall not pass” line? last time I checked stability let you pass throught it pretty easilly – and also bodyblocking mechanics would actually bring back actuall TACTICS to tacticaly-strategical game mode that is WvW

I’d vote with my both hands for it

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

well in wvw with exception for spawning area and its surroundings (but only for allied passing through) imo it would only help – you see what ruins currently wvw are stacked zergs – without them able to stack many good things will come back

in case opf trolling there can be multiple things implemented to prevent that – f.e. you could be able to dodge through allies (and that would even make sense in some way – lets say ally is making place for you seeing you want to dodge sth dangerous)

someone mention guardians with their “you shall not pass” line? last time I checked stability let you pass throught it pretty easilly – and also bodyblocking mechanics would actually bring back actuall TACTICS to tacticaly-strategical game mode that is WvW

You think you have lag now? You’d get like 1 frame a second.

Posted by: wayneericgouin.9371

wayneericgouin.9371

I used to play an mmo that had this feature and in this game you couldn’t jump, so I’m sure you can imagine how obnoxious this feature could be. use your imagination.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

In archage people use carts to block the only way for other people with carts to get into cities and then sit there, afk, for hours. If there is a way to troll people by blocking, they’ll find it. Newbies who spawn for the first time in the maps are especially vulnerable to this type of trolling.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

actually I do not think I have any kind of lag now :P

good ping stable 30 fps and not a single issue from the whole family of what people sums up as a “lag” :P

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

ANet isn’t a stranger to the concept of body blocking, they had it in GW1.

There’s a reason they didn’t implement it in GW2.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Answer to opening post : No. This solves none of the major problems in the game and potentially creates new ones that are worse. Please come back when you have a valid solution.

I’ve seen the body blocking thing in Tera, and it’s annoying. We don’t need it here.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

ANet isn’t a stranger to the concept of body blocking, they had it in GW1.

There’s a reason they didn’t implement it in GW2.

Yeah, it worked in GW because there were max 12 players in an instance. However, just as in any MMO where many players will be melee attacking a single mob, collision would not work.

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

How would this even prevent stacking?
Most melee weapons have a 300 cleave range, you can just stand behind someone in a corner and still hit mobs.

The way you (and many pugs) play the game is just wrong.
There is no reason to pull bosses to corners, you can just fight them on top, but many people fail to understand that.
Going to a corner is only a good strategy when there are a lot of mobs spread out, that way you can pull them together by LoSing and cleave all of them.

Don’t blame anet for making stacking possible, blame dumb people that don’t know how to play the game efficiently

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

actually I do not think I have any kind of lag now :P

good ping stable 30 fps and not a single issue from the whole family of what people sums up as a “lag” :P

The point is body blocking takes a huge amount of processor power. It will decrease performance game wide.

It’s easy to block in low rez games without hundreds of people on at map at one time. But take a WvW 50v50 situation and add body block and you’ll quickly find how much of a hindrance that really is.

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

1. Get a troll guild of players together
2. Make a circle around the banker or TP
3. ???
4. PROFIT!!!

No seriously, collision, or whatever you’re suggesting can and WILL be abused by players. So no. Just. No.

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

I myself am not entirely against the idea of players not being able to pass through each other. However, unfortunately, a lot of the game’s mechanics or designs would render such a feature as more of a hindrance than a boon.

For example, can you imagine people trying to get through the harpy fractals or a JP with small surface areas with that kind of feature? You’d end up having to wait for the player in front of you to move on before you could progress, especially if they’re taking up all the space on a small platform. It could also lead to bottle-necking though many of the various small tunnels or walkways present in the game.

Or what about world bosses like Tequatl? How are you going to damage him in melee range during the DPS phases if 90% of the players present will not even be able to get close to him thanks to a few barring their way. What about other large scale events where you need to avoid enemy attacks, only for your path to be inexplicably blocked by another player passing by? Imagine all the deaths that would be caused by it.

Even in WvW, I can see it being a huge issue. Players won’t be able to get up onto walls because of other players standing in the way on stairs. Or they might not be able to get a hit in on a champ defender in a tower or keep because the rest of the zerg is blocking the path. Etc.

At the end of the day, a lot of the content in this game would simply become broken if this kind of change was implemented, regardless of how good the idea itself might be had it been used in any other situation or game. Any suggested fix for an issue that requires a redesign of a large portion of the game itself – which would require a lot of time and resources that would be pulled away from other projects or game content – is simply not viable. I’m afraid you’d have to come up with an alternative solution to the stacking issue.

I’m sure Anet is already aware of it though and although they might not have any plans to fix current content where stacking is prevalent (at least, not in the near future), I’m sure they’ve kept it in mind with regards to the designing of new content going forward. I guess we’ll have to wait and see though.

(edited by Tenrai Senshi.2017)