How to visit Crystal Desert?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gamersuman.6943

gamersuman.6943

Q:

Hello!

I couldn’t seem to find a way to visit crystal desert. I found a gate where there are two guards prohibiting me from entering crystal desert. I would like to know if there are any other ways to enter that zone.

Thank you.

Posted by: Darreola.4201

Darreola.4201

At this point you can’t really visit the Crystal Desert. Many players desperately want to go there (myself included) but I’m not sure if Anet has stated if/when we will be able to go there.

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

There is no way to currently get there. It is more a remain of Gw1 and subject of a future expansion ( most likely Living story ) . If you want a dessert area Dry Top got opened recently it is just that and very well made.

Blub.

Posted by: Darreola.4201

Darreola.4201

Quoted from the Wiki.
“For most of recent history, Palawa Joko has maintained control of the entire Crystal Desert. However, after the Elder Undead Dragon, Zhaitan, rose from underneath Orr, the desert became a warzone between the two undead forces. Furthermore, when the Elder Crystal Dragon Kralkatorrik awoke and flew south in 1320 AE, it claimed the northern portions of the desert as its own. Joko has maintained control of the Desolation and a southern portion of Crystal Desert despite the two threats. The presence of Joko, Kralkatorrik and Zhaitan has cut off the land route from Tyria to Elona, except for the members of the Order of Whispers who have somehow bypassed this obstacle.”