How you guys save gold?

How you guys save gold?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

I’m just wondering how you guys save the gold you need to buy a precursor or even a legendary. Do you guys have a checklist on what you do other than just telling yourself to restrain spending gold on things you don’t need? I’d appreciate a bit more detail.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

How to save gold: don’t spend it.

Making gold is a little more complex. But saving is easy.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

You may want to wait on the precursor thing the price you drop a lot once the expansion hits OR you can just use the new system to get one.

Farming gold is a good way to make it just do world bosses events for there daily’s rewards that or go to sliver waist this seems to have a good farm in it. As for saving use cheaper version of food there a MF wrench food out there that is very cheep and good for farming there are also other cheaper version of foods with MF too good for farming. GW2 not about being the best so using lesser version of food armor etc.. is not game braking.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

^this
then you just do stuff and it piles up.

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Same way you save money out of game — Stop spending it.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Two most important things:

1.) Avoid impulse buys; Unless playing the TP is your favorite means of earning cash, the best thing to do is pretend it doesn’t exist.

2.) Use Dungeons to grind for gear. You might get the boot if they ever learned, but running easy explore paths from places like CoF and Ascalonian Catacombs for tokens is a good way to get gear, especially if you’re running it on your main to gear up an alt. The fact you get at least 1g for every unique path you complete each day is also a plus.

Also, you’ll probably see a pretty big spike in income once you’ve start to finish collecting all T6 mats/crafted gifts mats you need for your legendary and start selling off the excess. Most T6 fine mats sell for 20-50s apiece (which, btw, you should be getting all of yours either from drops or the laurel merchant, don’t buy them from the tp until you’re almost done with your gift of fortune) and other mats needed for them tend to be equally ridiculously priced, if not more so (just look up the price for Silver Doubloons used for Juggernaut, or Charged Lodestones which are needed Sunrise, Meteorlogicus and Bolt)

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Do dungeons, world bosses, and sell anything that you don’t need.

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I never have more than 10g-20g in my wallet at all times. Whenever I get anything more than that I put it into my gbank at the end of the day.

It adds up fast.

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I never have more than 10g-20g in my wallet at all times. Whenever I get anything more than that I put it into my gbank at the end of the day.

It adds up fast.

Just remember if your account is hacked, Anet won’t replace your guild bank gold. I used this method when we could deposit gold into our personal bank, before the wallet. I’ve been hacked, so I do not trust the guild bank way.

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It adds up fast.

Just a comment on this. Personal guilds are not covered by account restorations. If someone is hacked and their account and personal guild are stripped of everything, an account rollback will restore your account to the state it was before the hack with all your items and gold but any gold and items in the guild bank and vaults are lost forever.

Ninja’d by Rhapsody ^^

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

I do all the world bosses, and salvage all the gear i don’t need, and at the end of the week i sell all the mats, usually racks in about 50-100g a week.

Proud TTS member

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

Thanks for the info. Guess i’ll just go and put some pointless lowball bids on some precursors then. At least ill know that my money is safe from any of my possibly spending urges there.

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

It adds up fast.

Just a comment on this. Personal guilds are not covered by account restorations. If someone is hacked and their account and personal guild are stripped of everything, an account rollback will restore your account to the state it was before the hack with all your items and gold but any gold and items in the guild bank and vaults are lost forever.

I’m not sure I’d want to keep playing if my account was hacked… Because then I’d not be sure anymore that ANet is safe (considering I use the mobile authenticator…)

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

It adds up fast.

Ninja’d by Rhapsody ^^

To add to this:

If you are the only member of the guild, be very very very careful to not leave the guild. With no one left in the guild at all, no one can invite you back to the guild.

If you have an alt account, have that alt account join the guild and make it an admin. That way if one account gets accidentally removed, especially the main account, you can get back into the guild and become an admin again.

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Best way to save gold for later, in my opinion:

Make a ridiculously low bid for a precursor (or whatever you covet today). For example: 100g for Dusk or 5g for one of Taimi’s or Glint’s dyes.

• If your offer is actually accepted, great! You got an excellent deal.
  • If not, your money remains hidden from view and out-of-sight = out-of-mind, so it won’t be burning kitten in your pocket.

Later, you can add to your offer (as you like and/or can afford and/or want to hide more). Or you can make multiple offers on the same or different items. (Choose the same item to make it easier to find your offers when you want the coin back; choose multiple items if you hope to get lucky when the market shifts.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

It adds up fast.

I’m not sure I’d want to keep playing if my account was hacked… Because then I’d not be sure anymore that ANet is safe (considering I use the mobile authenticator…)

The mobile authenticator is vulnerable to “man in the middle attack”. If your computer or network provider is compromised, Anet can’t promise anything.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

What he said.

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

Click on gold, CTRL+S.

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

Play a lot of dungeons, a lot, or have luck selling some foxfire clusters, still better play dungeons :P

How you guys save gold?

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

This.

Gone to Reddit.