Howler and Frostfang, anyone have both?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Rastos.3812

Rastos.3812

Just like the title says, does anyone out there have both of the weapons and have both equipped? I’m curious as to how the auras and effects stack if at all. I’ve recently taken a long break ( 1 year +) from the game and came back to check it out and have to say I love it. Went back to playing my Necro because I thought Reaper looked cool, and it is I have to say. Now that I’ve done most of the new content I’m looking at getting back into crafting legendary weapons again. I love the new pre cursor crafting, brings me back to the scavenger hunt style of EQ a long time ago. Anyway, I have Howler already and of course I’m going for Twilight, but I’m thinking after I might start working on Frostfang. I know that dagger is the meta for Reaper atm, but don’t really care, I like the range axe gives me on some bosses. But my question is, how do Howler and Frostfang stack or work together if at all. Can’t find anything on the web or forums to see if anyone has both equipped. I know someone out there has seen it or has it so let me know. Thanks.

Reaper/Berserker/Dragon Hunter/Daredevil/Rev/Druid.
Ebay Server.

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

You will use the aura and footfalls of your mainhand. Any skill effects for both will be used.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Blixar.4510

Blixar.4510

you can check youtube

Rastos.3812

You will use the aura and footfalls of your mainhand. Any skill effects for both will be used.

Awesome thanks much.

Ebay Server.

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

Just like the title says, does anyone out there have both of the weapons and have both equipped? I’m curious as to how the auras and effects stack if at all. I’ve recently taken a long break ( 1 year +) from the game and came back to check it out and have to say I love it. Went back to playing my Necro because I thought Reaper looked cool, and it is I have to say. Now that I’ve done most of the new content I’m looking at getting back into crafting legendary weapons again. I love the new pre cursor crafting, brings me back to the scavenger hunt style of EQ a long time ago. Anyway, I have Howler already and of course I’m going for Twilight, but I’m thinking after I might start working on Frostfang. I know that dagger is the meta for Reaper atm, but don’t really care, I like the range axe gives me on some bosses. But my question is, how do Howler and Frostfang stack or work together if at all. Can’t find anything on the web or forums to see if anyone has both equipped. I know someone out there has seen it or has it so let me know. Thanks.

Yeah
Main hand appears frozen with frozen footfalls and off-hand warhorn gives a fog/mist quality when running (not extremely noticeable). I have noticed a few changes in the moon appearance behind the howler as of recent though.

Posted by: Akkeros.1675

Akkeros.1675

(edited by Akkeros.1675)

Rastos.3812

Yup just finished Frostfang yesterday. You keep the awesome mist aura from Howler, while getting the footfalls and everything else from Frostfang. These two go together awesome. Now if only they could fix the clipping issue with Howler on Norn females :/

Ebay Server.