Huge Disconnect

Huge Disconnect

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AlphaDelilas.2873

AlphaDelilas.2873

We just had this rally speech at the last stage reveal about how GW2 is so different and has such a different community from other MMOs because it is extremely cooperative. Which is true- people don’t need to fight with each other to get loot drops and to get credit for doing events. It’s why I love this game so much.

Then the very first event after that is this invasion that encourages tagging and running because otherwise you cannot get good loot and that then leaves players resentful of each other, for not finishing the events all the way, and towards the devs for making this. It’s like some parts of the company didn’t get the memo that this game doesn’t play like WoW.

It makes me worried about how HoTs events will go.

Huge Disconnect

Posted by: pandora.8475

pandora.8475

Amen brother Is this warning sign of things to come.

Huge Disconnect

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

Their silence is deafening.

Huge Disconnect

Posted by: kratan.4619

kratan.4619

People have always just tagged/turn in one item/etc. and run off to get credit for"normal" events, this is nothing new.

Huge Disconnect

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Thank god for thief short bow bounce.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Huge Disconnect

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

For all the hype, for all the talk, and for all the times that HoT has been used as an excuse for not dealing with current problems, it is going to need to be the god of all expansions if Anet wants to survive it.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Huge Disconnect

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

For all the hype, for all the talk, and for all the times that HoT has been used as an excuse for not dealing with current problems, it is going to need to be the god of all expansions if Anet wants to survive it.

It better be the mother of all expansion, cause another disappointment like this and players will lost whatever little faith they have left in Anet.

Huge Disconnect

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Thank god for thief short bow bounce.

+1 However trick shot needs a speed buff there’s a big disconnect between ranger’s blow back skill which distances mobs screwing with air elementalist and shortbow thieves’ ricochet mechanics that ensure best chances of tagging.

If we see a ranger should we still rez them and risk their longbow killing stuff messing with tag mechanics?

Huge Disconnect

Posted by: AlphaDelilas.2873

AlphaDelilas.2873

People have always just tagged/turn in one item/etc. and run off to get credit for"normal" events, this is nothing new.

Yeah, but an event has never been based solely on the idea of tag and run.

Scarlet’s world map invasion had loot based on what you killed, which hindered the event so they changed that part, and based on if the map got through all the “levels” of the event. The map had to work together to kill everything and then you all got loot based on how well the map did.

I was really hoping for that kind of fun again- 4 commander tags in the main sections that the enemies spawned and everyone trying to get the monsters dead so we could all get fun prizes. It really solidified the company’s idea of players banding together.

Huge Disconnect

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Their silence is deafening.

It’s reached the point that on Guardian forums, people already gave up, nobody is even discussing or posting about Dragonhunter.
People have been discussing how to transition into Revenant instead.