Huge backlash ever.

Huge backlash ever.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

The visual change for the sake of so-called “reducing the visual noise” probably generated the most united and biggest backlash since the NPE, rarely did I see any criticism that has virtually no-one standing on the ders’ side, except for their own forum bots. In case you don’t know, alot of skill visuals got nerf to the ground, fireball of elem comes to mind, or their auras. The nerf itself wouldn’t cause such outrage if it were individual’s option, but instead enforced down on all of us. You know, Anet, if i got kittenty graphic and refuse to tune it down on my own, then that would be my OWN problem, NOT YOURS. My mom hasn’t died yet and left you to decide for me what is best. Do the right thing and make these change optional if you are so inclined. And answer to the forum. Hiding underneath the carpet won’t improve anything. Yes, i’m calling you out, stand here in the spotlight plz.

PS: if you are thinking about the sneaky “merge topic” tatics to bury the attention under jargon, be known that i’d make a new one everyday.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Caro.2730

Caro.2730

I’m sad to see the beauty of this game dying.

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

I just posted on this too! They will merge it! Seriously! This is such a bad design decision to force the dumbing down of their artwork! Let it be a kittening option for each individual player, so he or she can choose what they want to see!

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Arkanthor.2307

Arkanthor.2307

Hey the “hot+ basegame at the same price fiasco” incident was pretty big too. It was so big that they even repplied something. Good times.

Thanks to my illusions this combat is nothing but a stage scene.
You should prepare for your great finale.

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

The visual change for the sake of so-called “reducing the visual noise” probably generated the most united and biggest backlash since the NPE, rarely did I see any criticism that has virtually no-one standing on the ders’ side, except for their own forum bots. In case you don’t know, alot of skill visuals got nerf to the ground, fireball of elem comes to mind, or their auras. The nerf itself wouldn’t cause such outrage if it were individual’s option, but instead enforced down on all of us. You know, Anet, if i got kittenty graphic and refuse to tune it down on my own, then that would be my OWN problem, NOT YOURS. My mom hasn’t died yet and left you to decide for me what is best. Do the right thing and make these change optional if you are so inclined. And answer to the forum. Hiding underneath the carpet won’t improve anything. Yes, i’m calling you out, stand here in the spotlight plz.

PS: if you are thinking about the sneaky “merge topic” tatics to bury the attention under jargon, be known that i’d make a new one everyday.

they will nerf your visual noise on the forums next.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Mitzarin.2963

Mitzarin.2963

They didn’t nerf the graphics for anything BUT their push into E-sports. It has absolutely nothing with trying to make the game run easier; they just want it to be easier to “watch.”

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Caro.2730

Caro.2730

I think they do not get that most of the player base don’t care about e-sports and just want to have fun with friends. And what is there to watch? All the beautiful animations are dying. There’s nothing to watch.

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

They didn’t nerf the graphics for anything BUT their push into E-sports. It has absolutely nothing with trying to make the game run easier; they just want it to be easier to “watch.”

They’re not come out an say this (heck, they don’t come out and say much of anything), but it sure looks like its the case.

Maybe they need more time to make the option a user level one but wanted to do something immediately to try and promote their esport endeavors.

SBI

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Chad.6104

Chad.6104

The visual change for the sake of so-called “reducing the visual noise” probably generated the most united and biggest backlash since the NPE

Where’s the big, multi page thread on it? I missed it.

Nvm found. 8 pages.

are you serious? Oo

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Visual-nerfs-Merged

Yah. Overlooked it because it’s not important to me. /shrug. And people are always complaining about something.

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I think they do not get that most of the player base don’t care about e-sports and just want to have fun with friends. And what is there to watch? All the beautiful animations are dying. There’s nothing to watch.

Take the tinfoil hat off for just 2 seconds…..

It’s not about e-Sports, it’s about creating a more dynamic and easier to read combat. This applies to Raids and future content where the mobs do more than just face tank you.

Carry on.

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Blessed.2198

Blessed.2198

It’s not about e-Sports, it’s about creating a more dynamic and easier to read combat. This applies to Raids and future content where the mobs do more than just face tank you.

Carry on.

Then if a player cannot see, it is up to them to correct that and they can turn their own spell effects down. I have never before witnessed devs purposefully making graphics worse in their own game. If I like to play solo a majority of the time, why do I need reduced “visual noise?” (What an obnoxious term.) The answer is that I don’t. If I chose to do raids or anything else that requires a large number of players, I’d turn my settings down like I have done in the past with WoW, CoH, or the original GW. The developers need to recognize that this is hurting the game and will cause people to leave.

Huge backlash ever.

TexZero.7910

Carry on.

Then if a player cannot see, it is up to them to correct that and they can turn their own spell effects down. I have never before witnessed devs purposefully making graphics worse in their own game. If I like to play solo a majority of the time, why do I need reduced “visual noise?” (What an obnoxious term.) The answer is that I don’t. If I chose to do raids or anything else that requires a large number of players, I’d turn my settings down like I have done in the past with WoW, CoH, or the original GW. The developers need to recognize that this is hurting the game and will cause people to leave.

There is only so much turning down a player can do. Certain spell effects were just obnoxious and still persisted even if you turned your graphics down to potato.gif

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

Carry on.

There is only so much turning down a player can do. Certain spell effects were just obnoxious and still persisted even if you turned your graphics down to potato.gif

And that’s why we need a slider. So everyone can adjust the effects to their liking.

Headdesk

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Noctiz.5843

Noctiz.5843

This whole problem gets instantly solved by making these visual nerfs optional and not forced on all players.

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Carry on.

A slider for the visual effects would be different to the graphics slider. The reason why you can’t turn the effects down enough in the options menu is because Anet never bothered to make the functionality.

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Stormbolt.7293

Stormbolt.7293

The real outrage is that Anet hasn’t said a word about it. At least Colin finally spoke up about WvW. All they had to do was mention that months ago and all the backlash surrounding the new borderlands could have been avoided.

Carry on.

This is entirely about eSports. And take a good look at the new auras and tell me they’re “easy to read.” You can’t even tell they’re there. They are visually and mechanically worse for the game. They objectively suck.

Huge backlash ever.

TexZero.7910

The real outrage is that Anet hasn’t said a word about it. At least Colin finally spoke up about WvW. All they had to do was mention that months ago and all the backlash surrounding the new borderlands could have been avoided.

Carry on.

This is entirely about eSports. And take a good look at the new auras and tell me they’re “easy to read.” You can’t even tell they’re there. They are visually and mechanically worse for the game. They objectively suck.

Remind me how not being able to read actions = eSports again ?

Oh right it doesn’t. Get off the eSports Koolaid Crusade.

PvP’ers get you guys hate the mode, but this has nothing to do with PvP. It’s is a direct complaint from PvE’ers doing higher end content Raids and Fractals namely, who brought up the particle overload that kept happening.

(edited by TexZero.7910)

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

rarely did I see any criticism that has virtually no-one standing on the ders’ side, except for their own forum bots.

Nice job at minimizing the voice of the “other”

Also, please merge thread.

The visual change for the sake of so-called “reducing the visual noise” probably generated the most united and biggest backlash since the NPE

Where’s the big, multi page thread on it? I missed it.

Nvm found. 8 pages.

are you serious? Oo

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Visual-nerfs-Merged

Yah. Overlooked it because it’s not important to me. /shrug. And people are always complaining about something.

Excuse tested and found legit.

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

Carry on.

Exactly. Well said, Blessed.

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Labjax.2465

Labjax.2465

Carry on.

Whatever the reason, they should be looking into ways to shut out the spell effects of OTHER players on the client end, rather than destroying everybody’s across the board. As it is, people have demonstrated that the changes made virtually no difference for large-scale content.

The problem seems to be one of player quantity, not animation size. URGH.

I mean, seriously, either do it on the client end or just remove the animations entirely, Anet. You aren’t going to fix this problem by destroying a few skills. It’s all or nothing. Make your choice and commit, but don’t give us this halfway nonsense that doesn’t even accomplish what it set out to do. You only put yourself in an indefensible position.

Or words to that effect.

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Carry on.

yes indeed, individual graphic quality is up to the individual, either buy a new GC or tune it down in UI options. What next? are you gona turn us to this, * See attachment.

Attachments:

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Carry on.

yes indeed, individual graphic quality is up to the individual, either buy a new GC or tune it down in UI options. What next? are you gona turn us to this, * See attachment.

Would you please post instructions on how to turn down skill fx in GW2. Before you mention LOD please do some research on what it does and when and where it does it.

Honestly, I have never encountered as asinine a response as “It is up to the player to turn down skill fx”.

And of course, from a player’s perspective, fx sliders would be the best possible solution.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

There should be a toggle to choose between old and new effects.

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Hey don’t forget the SAB riots last year which led to them saying they’d start to communicate with us more.

I still don’t understand why the Infinite Continue Coin doesn’t get more press. They took real money and then disabled the content for two years and counting…

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Hey don’t forget the SAB riots last year which led to them saying they’d start to communicate with us more.

I still don’t understand why the Infinite Continue Coin doesn’t get more press. They took real money and then disabled the content for two years and counting…

At the risk of derailing this thread that has many duplicates…

I was taking a break from GW2 when SAB was live and only recently came across the Infinite Continue Coin. Left me speechless, not that I talk to my computer.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

More than likely this is a memory issue, 32 bit windows client can still only access less than 4 MB of memory regardless of how much is in your PC. I’ve never had crashes until HoT.

It does seem funny how older professions got nerf’ed but, not the newer HoT ones!

Huge backlash ever.

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

Nah, the biggest backlash I ever saw from the community toward Anet was when they first changed the gem conversion from convert however much you wanted to convert only in fixed amounts that Anet let you.

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU