Huge lack of armor in-game, cash shop rampant

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Goose.9317

Goose.9317

It is really aggravating to me that you are adding tons of new content, which is often high quality stuff, that have little rewards attached to them; all the while you make cool armors that are locked behind a pay wall in the cash shop. One of these times you are going to have to add new armor that people don’t have to pay for if you want people to stick around. Having these armor sets bing adeed to the Living Story would make the game progress much better and would make me and a bunch of other players feel accomplished for doing it. I’m afraid people are going to bail (again…) when they realize that the Living Story is nothing more than a time sink with little even for the lore freaks.

I just don’t want to see this game turn into another cash shop game where I have to spend real money and I don’t want to have to farm gold forever just to get this stuff. I want you guys to actually make this Living Story thing worth my time and effort. I like having a goal to reach but there just isn’t one at the moment, back pieces just aren’t holding my attention…

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

No, just no.

I have a full time day job and only play this game for around 10+ hours a week, and I’m thankful that I can use a small portion of my salary to substitute for wasting hours in a game.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I don’t like the fact that it’s only the gem store and converting gold→ gems is less than practical. I guess you have to wait for expensive ascended armors that look pretty hideous.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Paponzi.1637

Paponzi.1637

i think they are more than affordable even when converting gold, but yes, we need some more “reward skins”. Letting us get gem store armor pieces in other less immersion breaking ways would be cool too.

(edited by Paponzi.1637)

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

No, just no.

I have a full time day job and only play this game for around 10+ hours a week, and I’m thankful that I can use a small portion of my salary to substitute for wasting hours in a game.

I’m sorry but why exactly do you play the game then?
I mean, did you buy the game to play it or just to spend your money?

Oh I get it, “wasting hours”, I call that playing the game but whatever.
The problem is that you assume working toward getting the gear would automatically be wasting your time when it’s just part of the game and it actually gives you a goal.

As for myself, I completely agree with the OP, I’d like to actually have something to do in the game before I decide to spend more of my money in it, I mean, opening the gem shop tab and entering my credit card number isn’t that much of a game.

tl;dr
Gem shop stuff is fine, having new stuff there every two weeks keeps the game rolling BUT we need more incentives to keep playing the game and eventually spend some money.

Goose.9317

No, just no.

You say that like everyone who plays this game doesn’t have a job. Why would you buy the game if you just wanted to stand idle in Lions Arch and look pretty? It isn’t a game at that point.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Not everyone plays games to get loot or skins. I don’t. I have skins, obviously and I enjoy them. But I don’t play to get them. For example, I enjoyed beating all the dungeon paths in this game. I didn’t do it to grind for skins though. I did it because I wanted to beat all the dungeon paths in the game.

I’d much rather buy a skin than grind for a skin, even though I’m capable of grinding for a skin. Doing each dungeon once is enough for me…or a few times for dungeons I like. Doing a dungeon 9 times to get my legendary proves nothing. After the first three or four times I beat it, I know I can beat a dungeon at will. What does doing it again and again prove?

I’d much rather be able to spend real money (or farm gold doing what I want) and buy armor, than grind for it in game.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Goose.9317

Not everyone plays games to get loot or skins. I don’t. I have skins, obviously and I enjoy them. But I don’t play to get them. For example, I enjoyed beating all the dungeon paths in this game. I didn’t do it to grind for skins though. I did it because I wanted to beat all the dungeon paths in the game.

I’d much rather buy a skin than grind for a skin, even though I’m capable of grinding for a skin. Doing each dungeon once is enough for me…or a few times for dungeons I like. Doing a dungeon 9 times to get my legendary proves nothing. After the first three or four times I beat it, I know I can beat a dungeon at will. What does doing it again and again prove?

I’d much rather be able to spend real money (or farm gold doing what I want) and buy armor, than grind for it in game.

Who mentioned grind? I never said i wanted these sets from a dungeon.

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

Welcome to buy to play and or free to play MMOs. That’s how it is, like it or not it will not change.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

Posted by: Babychoochoo.5690

Babychoochoo.5690

+1

Also, I just wanted more variety when it comes to medium armor. It feels like we constantly get shafted in that department. Light clearly gets all the love. They at least try with heavy. Medium feels like the red-headed stepchild of the armor group. “Oh that’s right. We forgot you guys existed. Here’s some armor one of artists threw together overni-….I mean, slaved away tirelessly on for months!”

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

No, just no.

Oh sure, if declan thinks “no”, then, who are we to argue…
Screw the people who can’t afford to put money in virtual money… Right?

Vayne.8563

Logically speaking, if they put armor in the game that you don’t have to grind for, and you can just get for free, why would anyone buy that set from the cash shop?

Armors in games…at least the “higher end skins” for lack of a better word, are usually something you have to work toward in game…which for many equates to grind. If they’re giving away really cool skins, then they can’t really sell skins…certainly not that easily.

In MMOs, time = money. You spend time farming or grinding or at least playing to get the stuff you want. If you don’t grind or farm it generally takes longer (which is generally how I play).

Anet is just giving people an option that isn’t grinding or farming. I don’t see how they can just put free armor out in the game without having to work for it somehow. And I suspect if they did, the value of that armor for most people would be pretty small.

It’s sort of like CoF armor skins. Most people don’t care about them because they’re so easy to get.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

No, just no.

The option is there for gems to gold. It isn’t fair to judge people who use a feature that is available to them. People play a game in different ways and get satisfaction from playing that way. If throwing some money each weak into the gem store is making someone enjoy the game, then that’s fine and it isn’t up to you or anybody else to decide it’s wrong.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Lack of armor? Nah, just a huge lack of good looking armor lol. But yeah, I agree, when’s the last time we had a full set of armor introduced into the game that wasn’t obtainable solely through the Cash Shop?

EDIT: Excluding the sets that have different names but the same skin’s as other armor sets.

serialkicker.5274

No, just no.

The option is there for gems to gold. It isn’t fair to judge people who use a feature that is available to them. People play a game in different ways and get satisfaction from playing that way. If throwing some money each weak into the gem store is making someone enjoy the game, then that’s fine and it isn’t up to you or anybody else to decide it’s wrong.

Please first read op post and the post that replier is replying to.
I have nothing against gemstore or anet putting items on gemstore or people spending real money on gem store. What i meant is, that skins or gear shouldn’t be available ONLY trough gemstore. Sure, maybe some stuff here and then, but anet keep putting new stuff on gemstore and almost none that could be obtained trough playing the game, unless it’s ridiculous rng, like black lion chest.
And i was repling to declan, because he says, he has a job and can afford to buy gems, therofore screw other players and op idea is not to be considered, which i disagree with.

Vayne.8563

No, just no.

I have nothing against gemstore or anet putting items on gemstore or people spending real money on gem store. What i meant is, that skins or gear shouldn’t be available ONLY trough gemstore. Sure, maybe some stuff here and then, but anet keep putting new stuff on gemstore and almost none that could be obtained trough playing the game, unless it’s ridiculous rng, like black lion chest.
And i was repling to declan, because he says, he has a job and can afford to buy gems, therofore screw other players and op idea is not to be considered, which i disagree with.

There have only ever been three armors in the gem store. That’s because when they come out with three armors it’s a set, one heavy, one medium, and one light.

There are far more armors in the game. There are 8 sets of dungeon armor, for example. There are also at least a couple of sets of crafted armor. And there’s armor that drops from mobs and armor you can buy with karma and badges of honor.

I’m not sure that 4 sets of armor in a year (one of which I believe was here from launch) is particularly overkill.

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

I’m not sure that 4 sets of armor in a year (one of which I believe was here from launch) is particularly overkill.

Compare that to the amount of new armors you can get through playing that have been added. The problem I see here is that we get cash shop items INSTEAD of actual game or incentives to play.
I don’t need skins myself to keep playing, fresh and challenging content is what I want, but you can’t deny having some of these skins only available through actual game feats would give us some new goals to work toward.
It would be great if each update gave us a new goal, something that isn’t farming more money to buy skins or unlocking all the achievements (which are trying to make us believe there’s new content when there isn’t much).

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

No, just no.

why not have both? have the armor obtainable through the achievements and have it available in the gem shop? how would that hurt anyone?

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

The thing is, for a MMO to keep being successful, it has to be strong incentives to to repeat content over and over, because you can’t make content faster than people complete them.

In a game which is based on skins, the obvious incentive should be skins. Currently there is next to no actual incentive to repeat some of the harder dungeons like Arah P4 (unless you’re one of those exploiters glitching through the dungeon). Skins would help to solve that.

Also, of someone doesn’t play the game for skins, why would they care if there’s new skins being put in for paying the game?

Vayne.8563

Compare that to the amount of new armors you can get through playing that have been added. The problem I see here is that we get cash shop items INSTEAD of actual game or incentives to play.
I don’t need skins myself to keep playing, fresh and challenging content is what I want, but you can’t deny having some of these skins only available through actual game feats would give us some new goals to work toward.
It would be great if each update gave us a new goal, something that isn’t farming more money to buy skins or unlocking all the achievements (which are trying to make us believe there’s new content when there isn’t much).

I have compared it. But you know, people from day one have been asking for new armors in the cash shop. It’s not like Anet launched with pages of armor that people can buy. One of those sets was the Aetherblade set, and I don’t know too many people who had any interest in it. One of those sets was there at launch.

The point is, if they’ve added three sets in 14 months to a cash shop that supports a game with no sub…I’m not sure what the problem is.

Have they added new full armor sets to the game? Not as far as I’m aware of. But then, the number of armor sets in game that you can get by playing, compared to the few that are in the cash shop (currently 3 sets one of which was here at launch) seems to be quite reasonable to me.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I wouldn’t mind having some new armors added to the game that you can purchase or earn through play in-game.

Conversely, I don’t mind having some nice looking skins in the gem store either.

Unfortunately, I do not have the time to play that I used to. I am a grown woman with a full time job, a family, and other real life obligations. While I do not mind earning things in game, I do not like having to spend 100s of hours to get to a single thing. I don’t want to be playing another WoW, where it takes 100s of hours to get a single armor piece ( or used to, been a long time since I played).

Not all players use the game as a time sink. Some play for relaxation and the enjoyment of playing in the few hours they have as ‘spare’ time. However, this does not mean that they should not be able to achieve the same goals as someone that does have 10+ hours a day to play. It will take them longer, but not so much longer that it may as well be impossible. There needs to be a balance in order to keep the various player types happy.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

serialkicker.5274

No, just no.

There have only ever been three armors in the gem store. That’s because when they come out with three armors it’s a set, one heavy, one medium, and one light.

There are far more armors in the game. There are 8 sets of dungeon armor, for example. There are also at least a couple of sets of crafted armor. And there’s armor that drops from mobs and armor you can buy with karma and badges of honor.

I said “stuff”, which means not only armor, but anything they put on gemstore.
And of course there are a lot of armors already in game, would be pretty funny mmo if no armors were be in game when released. We’re not talking about them, we’re talking about new ones that are added to the game. And it doesn’t matter if it’s only 4 sets, that were added on gemstore, the point is they haven’t added any set that would be obtaniable trough fun and challenging way, all we get is gemstore and ridiculous rng in which case you don’t even know if you’re be lucky enough to drop it.

Posted by: Zelkovan.2630

Zelkovan.2630

Y’know what’s funny? Months ago the forums were complaining about RNG boxes and saying that they would much rather purchase new armor/weapon skins off the gem store. Lo and behold, Anet does that, and what does the forums start doing? Complaining that the armor skins are in the gem store.

It’s like a baby who wants candy but when she gets the candy she starts crying and wants to give it back.

Anyways, idk about you OP, but I would gladly shell out 10$ to purchase armor if it keeps the game running. It is MUCH better than them being locked away via RNG or having stupid grind amounts to get them.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

In my opinion, there were a ton of armor sets in the game at launch. It seems totally fair to me if Anet wants to use their new, complete armor skins as gem store fundraisers, since they take a ton of work and are bound to sell well. Between all the miscellaneous pieces (back items, helmets, gloves, shoulders,) that have been added, the existing complete suits, and the option to convert gold to gems if I ever really, really want a gem store armor but don’t want to cough up the $5-$10 for it, I’ve easily gotten my money’s worth for what I’ve put into the game. I’d like more armor sets, but I’m comfortable with the level we’re at now and the financial angle of it.

Imagine if the Aetherblade armors had been added to the game as something you had to grind for. Or the male Trickster armor. Or the female Phalanx armor. Just because it’s available in-game doesn’t mean people aren’t going to complain about it (“The first new set and it looks like thaaat??”) and if it’s in the gem store, those who want it can have it without having to grind for it, and people aren’t going to complain “Well, it’s not worth doing the content over and over for armor like that.”

You’ll note that I assume a grind for new armor sets, and the reason for there is that it’s likely a new complete set would be a grind to earn each of the pieces. The alternative would be to give away the entire set as a prize, which isn’t ideal whether it’s an easily earned prize (Sunless wings) or a rare one. (Sunless weapons.) If it’s common, suddenly everyone has a copy of the armor set, which they’ll either wear (Aaah!) or have to keep in storage (Aaah!) If it’s rare, either from RNG or extreme difficulty to obtain, that’s a lot of expensive assets being wasted on little-used content.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I’d prefer a healthy amount of both. I don’t see why it has to be one way or the other. The problem I think is that all the armor they’ve added with in-game methods has been objectively bad. Not in the pure aesthetic sense, but in the 1 size fits all sense. You simply can’t take a single piece of armor and call it light, medium, and heavy. Additionally the in-game added armor can not be dyed at all.

If the armor they have added not through the gem stop was the same quality as the armor that was then I would have no complaints. That is not the case however. The in-game additions have been incomplete sets (not a single new chest/leg), undyable, and same skin used for all armor types. I doubt people would be here complaining nearly as much if the armor that has been added was of the same quality as the gem store armor.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Cosmetic options were intended to serve two purposes in GW2.

One is as a means of generating revenue. With the exception of (small number) boosts, Anet has avoided cash shop items that provide numerical advantages during play. Cash shop skins fit right into this. Since the cash shop supports the game, they have to sell something, so looks and convenience are what is being sold. I have no issues with this.

On the other hand, GW2 endgame was supposed to be about horizontal progression, which was largely supposed to be about cosmetic options for players to work towards. There are quite a few armor options available while leveling. However, once you get to max level, the prestige armor looks are limited to cultural and dungeon sets. If ANet underestimated anything, they underestimated the sheer volume of endgame armor looks that would have been necessary to fuel robust horizontal progression — especially given the insatiable nature of the MMO customer base.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’m looking at the Gem Shop and they have added all of three armors for each “weight” class. Just three and one of them just recently. Tons of Town Clothes. They do have backpack skins and mask skins but armor sets, only three.

How many armor skins are available from crafting, karma, cultural, order and dungeons in game for each race? Looking at human light I see 37. Some may be PvP only but still we are looking at 10 to 1 between in game and gem store.

http://www.gw2armorgallery.com/human-light.htm

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

Y’know what’s funny? Months ago the forums were complaining about RNG boxes and saying that they would much rather purchase new armor/weapon skins off the gem store. Lo and behold, Anet does that, and what does the forums start doing? Complaining that the armor skins are in the gem store.

It’s like a baby who wants candy but when she gets the candy she starts crying and wants to give it back.

Anyways, idk about you OP, but I would gladly shell out 10$ to purchase armor if it keeps the game running. It is MUCH better than them being locked away via RNG or having stupid grind amounts to get them.

I don’t remember any of the armor sets being locked behind RNG. Even the holiday costumes were the same straightforward buy that they are now.

What you’re referring to is the weapons that were & are still locked away behind quite an amount of RNG boxes via Black Lion Tickets from BLC keys and chests. Weapons which eventually make their way onto the the trading post for a considerably large amount of gold.

So your post is a very inaccurate depiction of the events of this game and forum community.

Kegmaster

Posted by: Necrochild.1497

Necrochild.1497

If you would like to complain about inaccessibility to cash shop skins, please attempt to purchase a cash shop skin in another MMO with in-game money, then come back and tell us how that went for you.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

No, just no.

…Wait what?

I thought the whole point of a game was to waste hours having fun?

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

No, just no.

…Wait what?

I thought the whole point of a game was to waste hours having fun?

if your heaving fun your not wasting hours

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

It is really aggravating to me that you are adding tons of new content, which is often high quality stuff, that have little rewards attached to them; all the while you make cool armors that are locked behind a pay wall in the cash shop. One of these times you are going to have to add new armor that people don’t have to pay for if you want people to stick around. Having these armor sets bing adeed to the Living Story would make the game progress much better and would make me and a bunch of other players feel accomplished for doing it. I’m afraid people are going to bail (again…) when they realize that the Living Story is nothing more than a time sink with little even for the lore freaks.

I just don’t want to see this game turn into another cash shop game where I have to spend real money and I don’t want to have to farm gold forever just to get this stuff. I want you guys to actually make this Living Story thing worth my time and effort. I like having a goal to reach but there just isn’t one at the moment, back pieces just aren’t holding my attention…

The game launched as a cash shop supported MMO. They haven’t deviated from this and it is one of those facts I can not get negative about, since it was a known fact from the start.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I would have rather seen the Thaumanova Reactor, the Aetherblade Retreat and the Flame and Frost Instances turned into dungeon paths with proper sets of armor and weapons attached to each. I think it is why they are being turned into fractals because then they don’t have to have an NPC offering gear with rewards. They make it a fractal and offer the skins on the store.

I like being able to just use my gold and buy the stuff off of the cash shop. They are good looking sets. I see what the OP is saying too. It would be nice to have one of these two week updates give us more than a back piece, mini pet, or shoulder skin and get a proper reward for it in an armor set at the end of achieving the meta.

Doing that for one two week thing would be magnificent and the players would appreciate it. No one is saying, “Never offer another set of armor on the cash shop” here.

It is my opinion that they offer a great variation of weapon skins as cash shop/drops/RNG etc. You have options. It would be nice to have options for the armor sets too. Fractal Armor? Why isn’t that a thing yet?

It would also be nice to start getting sets that go with the Achievement stuff we got and the shoulder pieces and helmets we have gotten. Let’s fill those sets in.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Vayne.8563

Armor skins, unlike weapon skins, take far more work. First you have to design six pieces of armor, and then you have to design those six pieces again for another gender, and then you have to make them look okay on five different races. That’s why there are so many weapon skins in the game, but so few armor skins.

People are suggesting that they just add armor skins in the shop and in game. Why do you think there are so few in the shop?

Armor skins take a boatload of work compared to weapon skins. Making sets for in game and in shop is a big big task. I don’t think Anet has a big enough staff or budget to make enough skins to put in both places.

Because it is so much work, I believe the cash shop is the best place for them to put it.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I think the developer explained, it take really long for them to design armor set. Much longer compare to say…. weapons.

So the end result is there are far less armor set. And they keep adding new weapon.

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

I think the developer explained, it take really long for them to design armor set. Much longer compare to say…. weapons.

So the end result is there are far less armor set. And they keep adding new weapon.

stop rushing content out every 2 week and maybe they would have time to implement armors ?

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I don’t like the fact that it’s only the gem store and converting gold-> gems is less than practical. I guess you have to wait for expensive ascended armors that look pretty hideous.

1. Is it impractical? Really? I don’t think it is. The amount of play/work required to acquire the gold to buy a whole set of gear on the TP is probably somewhere near the amount of effort required to earn tokens in dungeons for the nice sets there.
  2. Ascended armour may look ugly, but there are already transmutation stones in the game. Use those.

Who’s next?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Vayne.8563

stop rushing content out every 2 week and maybe they would have time to implement armors ?

I’m pretty sure the people designing armor sets (ie artists) arent’ the same people who are programming the content for the living world. In fact, the living world has its own dedicated teams and the content production for armor isn’t affected.

You still end up with the same problem. Make one weapon skin or 12 armor skins (6 pieces male and female) that have to be sized, adjusted and tested on five races.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

There are, what, three, maybe four sets of armor per armor class in the gem store, compared to 34 armor sets per armor class if we account for any given character only being able to acquire one of the three Order armor sets (35 if you have HoM armor, 37 total in the game) that can be acquired in-game. By no means is armor in the cash shop “rampant”, nor is there a “huge lack of armor in-game”.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

The balance 3 to 37 is not too bad imho.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

I don’t like the fact that it’s only the gem store and converting gold-> gems is less than practical. I guess you have to wait for expensive ascended armors that look pretty hideous.

1. Is it impractical? Really? I don’t think it is. The amount of play/work required to acquire the gold to buy a whole set of gear on the TP is probably somewhere near the amount of effort required to earn tokens in dungeons for the nice sets there.
  2. Ascended armour may look ugly, but there are already transmutation stones in the game. Use those.

Who’s next?

1.) Did you dismiss someone’s argument based on ballpark speculation?
2.) Transmutation crystals are not in the game, they are exclusively purchased through the gem store I’m pretty sure.

Kegmaster

Vayne.8563

Who’s next?

1.) Did you dismiss someone’s argument based on ballpark speculation?
2.) Transmutation crystals are not in the game, they are exclusively purchased through the gem store I’m pretty sure.

You can get transmuation crystals from black lion chests and you can get keys for black lion chests from the personal story. They’re also very rarely received as rewards for dailies, since I got one recently.

Goose.9317

This is the smartest thing that has been said, maybe if they didn’t waste their time on all those failed, temporary, and grind heavy Living Story metas, they would have time and money to make new sets. With the last few living story updates, they showed alot of promise but they still didn’t have good rewards attached to them. I would rather them ditch the 2 week update thing and just make more meaningful content for a much larger LS every few months or so. This 2 week update thing just isn’t working.

I realize they need money and that armor sets keep them going, but if they want to keep the game fresh they simply have to change things because people are going to get real sick of the Living Story gimmick if they don’t add good permanent and most importantly, challenging, content with real rewards. I would love to see Ascended gear sets added through fractals and living story but I really don’t see that happening. It has come to the point where I honestly just feel like dropping this game completely for other games regardless of the fact that I think this game reinvented the genre in a lot of ways.

Maybe it is impossible for them to keep making cool challenging content without having it locked behind a cash shop, but if that is the case, it isn’t an issue with unrealistic expectations by the players, it is an issue them poorly communicating how their content is going to be distributed. I’m not saying they lied, I don’t even think they knew fully but I do think that it is an issue that needs be addressed soon.