Human female idle animations

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sablephoenix.1593

sablephoenix.1593

It’s been approximately two years since all but one of the human female idle animations were removed due to “cutscene immersion”. Can we get an answer on when they’re coming back? Or has ArenaNet just decided it’s a permanent thing now without telling anyone?

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

I recall Anet saying that it was being “worked on” but obviously it wasn’t. I don’t believe that they ever intended to.

IMHO, they just ignored it hoping that players would eventually forget it.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I think Anet should give us an OPTION at the character creation to enable / disable idle animations or even choose specific ones for our characters! That way everyone would be happy. You want the idle animations back but I am glad they are gone because they caused clipping issues. Actually, I would sell my soul to get rid of the idle animations on my female Sylvari.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I really miss those old animations for female characters..
Also their old running style aswell... these days they do look like a bit robot-ish while they’re running,

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

Why was it just human female idle animations that were removed….. Doesn’t Norns pounding fists, Asuras twirling a staff break cutscene immersion?

It this the real reason that they were removed? or is it something else that they won’t admit?

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

I believe the most recent explanation was that they needed animators to make new animations, who were probably secretly working on HoT at the time, and have since then had over 9000 opportunities to do this.

There is clearly no intent to bring these back at Anet, and the absolute lack of communication on this regard screams willful ignorance to me.

- BG -

(edited by GragorR.9768)

sablephoenix.1593

It’s pretty obvious they never intended to fix it. I guess they thought it was minor enough we’d all forget about it. There had to be some other reason besides cutscene animations though, since other races still do theirs. The whole thing is odd and suspicious.

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Some SJW or feminist probably complained about how it was oppressive to women somehow so they removed it. You’d be surprised how many seemingly minor things get removed from games these days because of those exact reasons. I wish I were joking about this, but i’m dead serious. Seen it happen in tons of games I’ve played over the years.

sablephoenix.1593

Some SJW or feminist probably complained about how it was oppressive to women somehow so they removed it. You’d be surprised how many seemingly minor things get removed from games these days because of those exact reasons. I wish I were joking about this, but i’m dead serious. Seen it happen in tons of games I’ve played over the years.

I know you’re not joking, and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this was the real reason.

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

It was never about “breaking immersion”… some SJW-type complained that the female stretching animation was too sexy, and got it removed.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

thats no reason to replace it it least with an other animation …. but just removign it with no replacement is just lazy and cheap. Point!

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Artorius.6178

Artorius.6178

Anet bows to SJW’s eh?

Luciana Aventius – Ranger – Gandara

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I forget, what was the animation again?

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

It was never about “breaking immersion”… some SJW-type complained that the female stretching animation was too sexy, and got it removed.

You know, that’s far more natural though. And it’s simply MORE. The animation is longer and distinct. Plus it is sexier so that’s epic

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

If that was the issue then they could have simply pulled that one animation from the list.

The issue is they switched from the old “cut scene” style dialog to in game dialog for story. So now they have this old system from before HoT that they aren’t using anymore so it’s now even less of a priority to “fix”. Since new work is never ending, old work simply piles up on the “when there’s time” pile.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Female animations are bad overall.

As a woman, I feel silly to watch my female Norn warrior’s /sit animation to look like that of a noble lady with an inbound geriatric hip issue.

I also hate how human females run.

I hate even more how all human females have super-narrow shoulders, like all women were fragile barbie dolls. And don’t get me started about the anorexic body models, like women are either fat or anorexic, and if they aren’t then they must have strong body muscles and huge boobs and butts.

(facepalm)

These are some of the reasons why most of my characters are male.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

If that was the issue then they could have simply pulled that one animation from the list.

The issue is they switched from the old “cut scene” style dialog to in game dialog for story. So now they have this old system from before HoT that they aren’t using anymore so it’s now even less of a priority to “fix”. Since new work is never ending, old work simply piles up on the “when there’s time” pile.

Gosh, don’t go interrupting their paranoid ranting about their favorite enemy destroying their ability to kitten to their character in game with your “facts” and your “logic”. That’s just plain mean!

I hate even more how all human females have super-narrow shoulders, like all women were fragile barbie dolls. And don’t get me started about the anorexic body models, like women are either fat or anorexic, and if they aren’t then they must have strong body muscles and huge boobs and butts.

(facepalm)

…and boob shaped chestplates, OMG! “Yes, please, I’m totally suicidal and want to make it way more likely you damage my heart when you hit me, so make me something for that, armorer.”

Not, TBH, that the male animations and models are any less the sexual fantasies of stunted teens: those bulging muscles and giant packages, completely unlike what people in the real world want, but very much in line with what they imagine “pulls the chicks!”

(edited by SlippyCheeze.5483)

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Human and Norn are the two races i have the fewest characters of, for just that reason.

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

I for one hope ANet sees this thread and gets back to work on those animations.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

(facepalm)

…and boob shaped chestplates, OMG! “Yes, please, I’m totally suicidal and want to make it way more likely you damage my heart when you hit me, so make me something for that, armorer.”

So true! For instance, look at the female version of the Revenant armor. Really, Anet?

Not, TBH, that the male animations and models are any less the sexual fantasies of stunted teens: those bulging muscles and giant packages, completely unlike what people in the real world want, but very much in line with what they imagine “pulls the chicks!”

I’m a “chick” and it doesn’t “pull” me. I don’t care about gender, I can admire both, men and women, for aesthetic reasons — and those are the reasons by which I measure whether to pick a male or female character for a specific race (body, faces) or profession (i.e., available armor).

I for one hope ANet sees this thread and gets back to work on those animations.

Mee too.