Human skin colour

Human skin colour

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oyuri.1452

Oyuri.1452

I’ve recently created my first human character, got to the point, where I rescue my sister ( which I chose to be Cantha descendant ) and when I saw her I felt furious, let me explain why.
While creating this character I had Canthan people in mind and there was one major obstacle : complete lack of a skin colour that would suit them ! I’m a bit into lore and I know in Tyria there are refugees from Cantha and Elona- there are skin colours that perfectly suits descendants/refugees from Elona, but once again NONE that I would find suitable for a Canthan people, WHY ?!
First I thought it just wasn’t completly implemented into the game, but then I saw the Canthan version of Deborah. . . just to be completly sure I even bought the makeover kit, but I didn’t miss anythung creating this character.
Does anybody know reason for that and if Anet is going to give us some more skin colours for human ?
Cheers !

Human skin colour

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Unlikely. Also I don’t think they put much thought into matching appearance with lore. Your sister in that story line would look exactly the same regardless of the ancestry you chose earlier.

Oceanic [LOD]

Human skin colour

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Unlikely. Also I don’t think they put much thought into matching appearance with lore. Your sister in that story line would look exactly the same regardless of the ancestry you chose earlier.

Actually her appearance will change depending on what you pick. I’m pretty sure that’s the whole reason for asking, because the question feels very out of place, but it wouldn’t make sense if your sister was a different race to you.

Although I suspect a lot of people who didn’t play GW1 ended up with that anyway because they wouldn’t know what option to pick to get a matching skin colour.

I’m not sure if you can get the same skin colour though. But then I’ve never tried to make a canthan human in GW2.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Human skin colour

Posted by: Carize.8532

Carize.8532

Yeah, don’t let that throw you off your stride much. In my first human’s PS I chose “Lost sister” and made my guy a gingery-redhead with tanned skin. After going through the personal story my sister turns out to have really dark hair and super pale skin. /shrug

“Welcome back Sis!!”

In my friends human personal story he made his char a very Asian/Canthan looking woman with long black hair and ivory skin. His long lost sister, when revealed, was a dusky skinned blonde. Maybe she was adopted… ^.^

Bianca Helios, Ele :: Ganna Shouztu, Ranger :: Selad Mahen, Necro :: Rowan Nightseer, Warr
Melodic Whisper, Thief :: Mephelotic Phantasm, Mes :: Xoboda, Guard :: Plikkik, Engi
Jade Quarry since launch then I started wandering the borderlands of Yak’s Bend