Human vs Norn armies: who would win?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Norn, individually, are no more physically powerful than humans. They lack discipline, organization, and an army.

Essentially it would be a fight between a human army and individual Norn. No contest, humans win.

Actually norn are, lore-wise, physically superior to humans in every possible way. They’re just ingame not that way for balance purposes.

The only playable race that could prove a physical match for a norn would be a charr.

if each race had his special ability in stats, skills, every one would be a norn for the high damage.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: Dawnbreaker.6215

Dawnbreaker.6215

Humans and Norn are equally strong, physically. That is because of magic. Think of humans as a more compact, focussed force and the Norn as a more expanded, diluted amount of the same force.

Humans in Tyria are NOT like the humans in real life, they merely share the same name (people in real life can’t fall from cliffs and survive or tank hits from 100 ton dragons and live).

All races are ultimately inspired of humans, either in their personality or cultural influences. Tyrian Humans just happen to be the ones who have the same physical looks (also Anet was not very smart when naming them. They should have found a different name than just “human”, much like the humans in Starcraft are called “Terrans”).

Humans would defeat the Norn, because they’re smarter and they’re much more organised. Remember that Humans once conquered all of Tyria, Norn didn’t.

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

this is so far i can found about the lore for the Norn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCoK5EUmXKM

it tells much also mabye they are related to the Kodan
but as he says on the vid so less is stile not know about them

i hope Anet will tell us more about them i love the Norn race

Posted by: Arrk.4102

Arrk.4102

Humans and Norn are equally strong, physically. That is because of magic. Think of humans as a more compact, focussed force and the Norn as a more expanded, diluted amount of the same force.

Physically Norn are far stronger than Humans. The lore of both games and the extra material state that.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If a Human archer fired a shot into the thick armor of a Norn Warrior, the arrow would probably just bounce off.

If a Norn archer fired a shot into the often rather ceremonial armor of a Human Warrior, the arrow would go through the front, through the body, through the back and send said Human flying 20 meters into the air and impale him onto the nearest tree/house/hillside.

Yeah… I know who I’d bet on.

And that’s before you meet that Norn berserker running toward you waving a claymore 4 meters long and as wide as your hip.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Humans in Tyria are NOT like the humans in real life, they merely share the same name (people in real life can’t fall from cliffs and survive or tank hits from 100 ton dragons and live).

All races are ultimately inspired of humans, either in their personality or cultural influences. Tyrian Humans just happen to be the ones who have the same physical looks (also Anet was not very smart when naming them. They should have found a different name than just “human”, much like the humans in Starcraft are called “Terrans”).

Humans would defeat the Norn, because they’re smarter and they’re much more organised. Remember that Humans once conquered all of Tyria, Norn didn’t.

I don’t even know where to start. Basically just about everything you said is wrong starting with humans and norn being equally strong, adding in the nonsens about humans being smarter (which you have provided no evidence of) and ending with some bs about terrans in starcraft (as if Blizzard had come up with the term).

Terran is a very common term used in sci-fi and derives it’s origins from latin terra which stands for earth. Blizzard neither renamed humans nor did they come up with the term. They simply picked a less used term out of our language.

Posted by: Dawnbreaker.6215

Dawnbreaker.6215

Physically Norn are far stronger than Humans. The lore of both games and the extra material state that.

If that held any truth, and humans were weaker than other races based on size, then they would have not conquered Tyria, let alone the Charr. Heck, if they were like real life, medieval humans, they would have been wiped out a long time ago.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

If that held any truth, and humans were weaker than other races based on size, then they would have not conquered Tyria, let alone the Charr. Heck, if they were like real life, medieval humans, they would have been wiped out a long time ago.

Your opinion and logic < lore. For all arenanet want they could implement a race that is half the size of asura capable of lifting mountains or anything non logical. It is their game with lore they made up. And lore was very clear on the matter of humans and norn and how they relate to each other.

You not having knowledge of this lore does not refute it.

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

It’s impossible to answer this question. Their are too many unknown variables. Physical size doesn’t mean everything. What magic can each side use. What allies and support forces can they muster. What are the capabilities of the forces leaders. Where is it being fought (i.e. the terrain). Can the Norn even be organized into an army? What about numbers? Would each side be able to access other races tech?

Their is no real answer to this.

Additional: Also, what Humans? Canthan? Elonian? Orrian? Undead? Risen?

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

(edited by MashMash.1645)

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Humans would win because norns are really slow, it would take forever for them to form up or even prepare to step out of their fort. Have you ever seen a norn run? It’s painful to watch them, I just want to pick them up on piggyback or put wheels under their shoes.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And when did they conquer Tyria?
As far as I am aware they have never conquered the Charr Homelands for one.
It is also worth pointing out that they had the help of their gods at the time of those big conquests. More or less as soon as the god left the humans got pushed back.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

If humans attack during happy hour then it is a guaranteed win.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

If humans attack during happy hour then it is a guaranteed win.

This answer wins. “The humans are attacking!!!” “psh, invite them in, it’s 2 silver for a pitcher”

Posted by: Scourge.1563

Scourge.1563

If we are talking about physical strength then a Norn hands down, that’s not talking about battle prowess just good old fashion POWER. Even on the Wiki it states that Norns are heavily Muscled more then a human. its like saying a average Little person(Dwarf) is able to over power a 6 foot 230 pound man, I don’t think so

Naz Gul-Necro/Witch King-Revenant
Watching you Bleed makes me smile…………
Titanium Horde (TANK)(Borlis Pass)

Posted by: arthurobenzi.2619

arthurobenzi.2619

When Humans have settled in Tyria, the six Gods did pretty much all the job. That’s why now those gods have disappeared, the human civilisation is declining.

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Norn don’t have armies they are hunters.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Another thing to consider in an army vs army scenario is that humans have much more experience in fighting in large groups.

Almost all human conflicts have been fought with armies that were disciplined and trained to fight in coherent units.

Norn – even if they could gather a significant blob of individuals wouldn’t know the first things about fighting as an organized unit because it’s very different than what they usually do.

Also humans have and had siege engines – machines of war – we see them in GW1 and we see them in GW2.

As far as I know the Norn have no such siege weaponry since they’re usually out there hunting and doing single combat not complex assaults or sieges.

And another point – if humans are only equal in physical strength to norn because of in-game balance issues then I would dare speculate that norn only have access to some types of magic because of in-game balance issues.

I don’t remember norn lore having any form of elementalists, necromancers or other powerful magical casters. The way I remember it they can shift shape and that’s pretty much it.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

This is so silly lol. First off the humans, as of gw2, would probably win because they have much more discipline And are a fighting tribe. With that said, norn don’t have armies. Gameplay of course norn are equal with humans and asura in terms of strength. According to lore and the books, an average morn is capable of crushing a legion of charr. their strength and speed have no rival. The only thing that allowed the humans to become so grand was their blessings from the gods that are now gone. now a hero, meaning a powerful human like the one the main player plays as in the story for example, can fight any norm. Humans have just as Hugh potential as any other race, but an average norm can walk into a human town and ravage it

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

And according to norn lore they have plenty of access to magic. Actually humans only received magic later as well, they didn’t always have the ability to use it

Arrk.4102

Another thing to consider in an army vs army scenario is that humans have much more experience in fighting in large groups.

Almost all human conflicts have been fought with armies that were disciplined and trained to fight in coherent units.

Norn – even if they could gather a significant blob of individuals wouldn’t know the first things about fighting as an organized unit because it’s very different than what they usually do.

Also humans have and had siege engines – machines of war – we see them in GW1 and we see them in GW2.

As far as I know the Norn have no such siege weaponry since they’re usually out there hunting and doing single combat not complex assaults or sieges.

And another point – if humans are only equal in physical strength to norn because of in-game balance issues then I would dare speculate that norn only have access to some types of magic because of in-game balance issues.

I don’t remember norn lore having any form of elementalists, necromancers or other powerful magical casters. The way I remember it they can shift shape and that’s pretty much it.

Necromancy is actually very widely spread among the Norn, because they have a lot of respect for the dead, and thus communing with the spirits is a nice and sought after goal.

Posted by: Kyllen.9581

Kyllen.9581

Norns doesnt need siege weapons. They are siege weapons. Viz http://votn.enjin.com/forum/m/14098713/viewthread/13828701-calculating-norns-weight. Just imagine charging norn with plate armor…

Posted by: arthurobenzi.2619

arthurobenzi.2619

Norns doesnt need siege weapons. They are siege weapons. Viz http://votn.enjin.com/forum/m/14098713/viewthread/13828701-calculating-norns-weight. Just imagine charging norn with plate armor…

no need to those speculative maths : https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7407/14206089633_970a95a37f_o.jpg

(with this you can have the true ratio)

Posted by: Scourge.1563

Scourge.1563

Naz Gul-Necro/Witch King-Revenant
Watching you Bleed makes me smile…………
Titanium Horde (TANK)(Borlis Pass)

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Actually the first reply to this thread should have been enough. Norn do NOT have armies. That drove a certain dwarf to desperation when he tried to understand how it works.

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

To be honest, unless we’re talking Humans from everywhere in Kryta right now, they don’t really have an army either. Divinity’s Reach is pretty much their only stronghold right now after they lost so much territory to the Elder Dragons.

Of course, the Norn don’t really have an army either, but they have the advantage of having lived in such frigid conditions for so long [which made them tougher] and being a mostly shamanistic and nomadic culture [which allows them to pretty much live anywhere].

It’s kinda obvious that a Norn would break a Human in a fight, but it’d be a fight of discipline vs raw power honestly. I highly doubt that the Norn would organize themselves as well as Humans would with groups like the Seraphs and i highly doubt that Humans could go toe-to-toe with Norns and expect to win.

“Would you kindly?”

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

Since the humans have been holding the Charr at bay at Ebonhawke, and the Seraph has spent god knows how long fighting the Centaurs, I’d place all my money on the humans winning.

They have an actual organized army (technically two, given that the Ebon Vanguard counts as it’s own force), with plenty of battle experience.

And the Norn just don’t even do armies. The closest the Norn have is probably the Wolfborn, which seem more like a police force for Hoelbrak than an army.

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

What if it’s a drinking war?

“Would you kindly?”

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Wow this thread…
I think it was pretty obvious the op was making a “what-if” based on the lore of the game itself. I mean I’d would have never thought a thread like this could attract trolls like it did.

Anywho… The Norn would clearly make this into a 1v army contest between themselves to see would could get as many as they could before they go down. Live to the legend of the Norn who bested a 1000 man human army!

I mean come on people! Have fun with this!

Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Humans or Norn? Charr.

That said, disorganised as they are, they were an even match for the Charr, who were not able to overcome humanity after overthrowing the Flame Legion.

Norn by far there the strongest race off all even Charr try to capture there land but fail hard

You are both wrong. You are referring to this part of the Movement of the World:

When the Charr reached the foothills, the Norn drove them back with a single crushing blow, completely decimating every warband sent against them.

Although it is certain the Charr could have destroyed the Norn resistance if they but turned their entire army—or even one full legion—to the cause, warbands and smaller raiding parties could not overcome the individual strength of the Norn.

Which says the Charr would probably be able to defeat the Norn, with a single legion at that.

Dawdler.8521

Actually the first reply to this thread should have been enough. Norn do NOT have armies. That drove a certain dwarf to desperation when he tried to understand how it works.

But the point is that they wont need an army. These people are the kind that can pull a freaking tooth out of an Elder dragon. Keep in mind the Norn allies as well, the spirits of the wild. Not to mention their ability to become animals. I would be impressed if a human army even survived a single night in Norn lands if the Norn didnt want them there…

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

But the point is that they wont need an army. These people are the kind that can pull a freaking tooth out of an Elder dragon. Keep in mind the Norn allies as well, the spirits of the wild. Not to mention their ability to become animals. I would be impressed if a human army even survived a single night in Norn lands if the Norn didnt want them there…

I was actually agreeing with the human argument, but you make a good point here. I guess it would be planning on the human side VS improvisation on the norn. Whichever army, formal or informal, could use their qualities better would win.

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

A single norn is the equal of a dozen average Joe humans.

But, norn don’t have armies and they typically work poorly together in attempts to one up the other for their respective legends.

Humans would win out by superior strategy and military discipline by itself, but many many humans would die in the process. And as a race, human numbers are dwindling.

But basically the question is a non-starter.

Humans haven’t done anything so grievous to the entire norn population that would warrant a united front and such a feat is pretty impossible to accomplish, unless you’re an elder dragon.

They’re the only threat to date that has forced norn to be a community and it’s a loose one at that.

Norn have done nothing but kindness to humans more over than not.

The worst you can say about them is that they’re neutral on more hot topics, but generally in times of need they tend to help us if they’re able.

Both people can and do integrate into each others society.

Norn and human are the least likely to go at each other war-wise. And with race relations improving overall, even less so.

If humans and charr are beginning to accept one and other, pretty much any war against the races in the world right now is pretty slim to none.

The current foe we’re all collectively warring with is the elder dragons. Global genocide is a more pressing issue.
_

TL;DR
Races with military discipline theoretically could defeat the Norn, but the grievous loss of life and moral such a war would cost would be unconscionable.

It would be a pyrrhic victory at best.

Also, norn are friendly folks to everyone generally and you’d be a huge kittenhat to go that route.

Individually, they’d effortlessly kick your teeth in and make you look so pathetic for the ordeal you’d slink back to your hole in utter shame.

Humans or Norn? Charr.

In lore, there’s an instance of a single norn being the equal of an entire warband.

You’ll need dozens of warbands for individuals like that, and among norn there are many heroes.

Have fun with that. The norn certainly will. You might win eventually… but, I wouldn’t if I were you.

“I wish you would!”
“You… really should not.”

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Anyone could easily conquer Norn lands by giving a pint of beer to anyone opposing.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

It is a difficult thing to say with any certainty. Norn’s have superior strength and stamina, while humans likely have better tactics and determination. The only thing that would sway in to the Norns, in my opinion, is the fact that the spirits still watch over the Norn, while the human gods have disappeared. I feel that the spirits advantage would be the deciding factor in any Human vs Norn war.

If we was talking all races, I think each race has its strengths and weaknesses. The Charr are very industrious and has plenty of war experience, but they are quick to anger and this could be used against them. The Asura, while highly intelligent and ingenious, are very arrogant and may potentially under estimate their enemies. The Sylvari have great cunning and wisdom for a young race, but lack experience of war (compared to the other races).

Another thing to note is that each race has their own racial conflicts, the Asura has the Inquest, Sylvari the Nightmare Court, the Norn Svanir, the Charr the Flame Legion and Humans have bandits and pirates (as well as the Centaur). I would say, out of all the races the Humans have the toughest time. Not only are they fighting multiple conflicts on different fronts, their gods have abandonned them. The other races content with other conflicts as well, but not to the extent of the humans.

Therefore taking everything into consideration, I would put my money on the Norn winning vs Humans. Who would win out of all the races I do not know, but I would say it would be between Charr or Norn. Asura are more likely to side with the winning side and try to control them from within. The Asura are more likely to win with intelligence more than battle, so an all out war may not be their chosen method for becoming dominant, unless of course they discovered some magic or technology that could help them win easily. The Sylvari I think would be more likely try to find a peaceful solution or go into hiding. Of course, with HoT coming my theory on the Sylvari be proved wrong, and we may see a new side to them that we haven’t seen before.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Harper.4173

Necromancy is actually very widely spread among the Norn, because they have a lot of respect for the dead, and thus communing with the spirits is a nice and sought after goal.

Necromancy isn’t just communing with the dead ( I don’t remember norn doing this either) it is raising the dead with or without their consent into swarms of corpses that fight for you. I hardly remember the norn ever doing this – yet there are plenty of examples of human necromancers.

Harper.4173

Sure – but also imagine that a ballista or trebuchet are inifinitely more useful in attacking positions or large groups of men.

One guy – no matter how heavy he is isn’t going to replace a siege engine.
Also – big doesn’t mean anything if you can’t fight together with others in an organized scenario. This is probably the key advantage of the humans.

Human civilization has endured through many wars. The Guild Wars. The wars with the Charr, wars with centaurs, endless combat in which large masses of men have been trained and equipped to fight together against a sizable enemy force.

Harper.4173

If you’re going to go with the “home field advantage” I fear neither humans or norn could attack each other’s territory.

The humans are not equipped or prepared for the harsh conditions of the Shiverpeaks and would face a bleak and difficult campaign.

The norn have no prayer of taking fortified positions considering they fight in small groups and usually prefer single combat.
They don’t even have large fighting units let alone have any sort of siege.

I’ve yet to see a fortified position being toppled by a bear regardless of that bear’s strength and ferocity.

Harper.4173

Also another point to notice here is that humans are much more advanced technologically. Sure – they’re not Asura or Charr but the recently created Watch Knights could certainly be useful in combat if mass produced.

Another issue is that in a realistic scenario where in-game rules and equality doesn’t apply and where races aren’t made similar for in-game mechanics to work humans would win.

Why? The capacity to mass produce fire arms and ranged weapons.

Your ability to shapeshift, how big and strong you are matter little in the face of concentrated volley fire from a disciplined formation.

Humans could win easily by arming units with rifles and then shooting the hell out of the much bigger, much stronger Norn.

While the norn could do the same theoretically – their inclination towards glorious single combat and the fact that they’re not a united civilization would not help them since they can’t really mass produce things.

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Also another point to notice here is that humans are much more advanced technologically. Sure – they’re not Asura or Charr but the recently created Watch Knights could certainly be useful in combat if mass produced.

Another issue is that in a realistic scenario where in-game rules and equality doesn’t apply and where races aren’t made similar for in-game mechanics to work humans would win.

Why? The capacity to mass produce fire arms and ranged weapons.

Your ability to shapeshift, how big and strong you are matter little in the face of concentrated volley fire from a disciplined formation.

Humans could win easily by arming units with rifles and then shooting the hell out of the much bigger, much stronger Norn.

While the norn could do the same theoretically – their inclination towards glorious single combat and the fact that they’re not a united civilization would not help them since they can’t really mass produce things.

While I agree that the humans are more intelligent and would have better technology, you shouldn’t under estimate the importance and benefits of the spirits of the wild. The spirits helped the norn survive Jormag, and they remain to guide the norn when needed, as well as keep them in check. Another thing to consider, is the norn, by their very nature, have no desire to conquer other lands. They might like the idea of fighting for the glory or the stories, but I do not think they would go to war to claim land or dominance. Any war between humans and norn would likely only come about from the humans attacking the norn, on their own territory. These things combined would put the fight greatly in favour of the norn.

However, for the sake of arguement, if the norn did for some reason attack the humans on neutral ground, I still think the spirits would offer a much bigger advantage than the humans would have with technology alone. Especially when you also have norn engineers that would be able to create their own guns and bombs. The norn may seem a more nature styled warrior race, but they are also very adaptable and hardy, and they have the wisdom of the spirits to guide them.

If the humans had their gods to back them up, it would be hard to say who would win. Things would be very different and a big part of the outcome would come down to who would win between the six human gods and the spirits of the wild. As far as I am aware, neither of these two forces have ever clashed, so it is hard to say who would win. I strongly believe that a war between these two races would hinge heavily on the outcome of a battle between the gods and the spirits.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’ll give you a couple reasons why this didn’t happen. Most of the races of Tyria were not organized when the humans showed up. The Norn were in the Far Shiverpeaks keeping to themselves. The Asura were somewhere underground, maybe. The Sylvari didn’t exist yet. The Dwarves, Centaur and Charr were the major problems. BUT, the Humans had a very potent advantage. They had gods who were willing to directly interact with the world, and who brought them to the world in the first place, so they were invested in Human survival.

With the aid of the gods and simple Human ingenuity they were able to spread. Unfortunately the Charr were divided and so they couldn’t provided a stable defense, losing them Ascalon. The Centaurs were not united and so they were also defeated and pushed out of the Kryta. Whatever lived in Elona and Cantha was just removed entirely. The Dwarves kept to themselves, for the most part, but they also maintained their boarders. Any other races were either wiped out or pushed aside and left the humans alone.

Eventually, though, through infighting and just being over sure of themselves, the Humans became lax. The result was the newly unified armies of the Charr overrunning Ascalon. Then before they could overrun Orr, the whole place was sunk. If not for the Mursaat protecting Kryta the Charr would have wiped them out too.

This shows definitively that the Charr are physically superior to humans. If not for intervention of gods and more powerful creatures all the humans in Tyria would be gone. The humans in Elona and Cantha would probably be fine, though. Despite their extreme physical capabilities and roman military precision, though, when the Norn fled south to escape Jormag, the Charr were unable to match them, and the Norn have absolutely no organization what so ever.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Harper.4173

Well – if we speculate that the humans would be the attackers the possibilities are endless.
I simply pointed out that a fight between the two wouldn’t be much of a conflict.

If the humans attack there’s a lot of speculation that could be had – what if they use asura gates?
What if they use airships. The norn don’t have those.

I doubt each race would attack each other – but believe that in a fair fight, with equal numbers (which favors the norn) in a neutral weather and terrain the humans would still have the advantage.

When you’re talking about “norn engineers” – I haven’t seen any lore evidence of this. The only engineers that we have and are norn are human players and that’s for the sake of game balance mechanics.
So if we disregard those – I doubt the norn would have engineers to create siege weapons (which they don’t even know how to use or invest into making because they have no need for them).

Sure they could adapt in a long term war – but in the short – first battles – their losses would be devastating.

If the humans had their gods to back them up the conflict would be entirely one-sided. The six human gods are immensely powerful entities that ensured humanity’s effective and efficient colonization of Tyria despite the fact that they were alien to it and not at all accustomed to its lands.

Even with the gods absent – their magic is still powerful enough as examples of humans relying on their gods or evidence of their gods’ power can be seen from in-game skills to story missions.

Gods vs Spirits – that’s very likely how it would work but if you work both these entities out of the equation I really don’t see the norn as standing much of a chance.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

If the humans attack there’s a lot of speculation that could be had – what if they use asura gates?

Why would Humans have asura gates and airships but Norn wouldn’t?
None of them are human inventions after all.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Dawdler.8521

Humans doesnt have any more of that than Norn does. The airships came from the Charr with armament obviously Asuran. It wasnt until the Pact brought everyone together that they made it into a usable weapon. Charr also made the tanks and helicopters. At best, Humans got their regular ships. Which, if they are all as well designed as the one that we have seen leaving Claw Island for 3 years now, would tip over and sink if a Norn sneezed on it.

Something I just thought of as well when recalling what I said about allies… Norns would probably have alot easier time getting local allies such as the Sons of Svanir. Sure they are enemies, but they are still Norn and they all know it. In contrast, Humans would probably have alot more problems getting the help from bandits and Centaurs. Centaurs in particular would probably ally themselves with the Norn against Humans… Which pretty much means they are boned.

Kal Spiro.9745

Why do people keep bringing up the Sons of Svanir as if they’re a different people. They’re Norn, just like Bandits are Human, Inquest are Asura, Nightmare Court are Sylvari and Flame Legion are Charr.

Of those groups, only the Inquest would be likely to fight on the side of their race because they actually are under the supervision of their central government.

The Sons of Svanir, though, are still Norn and, like all Norn, consider themselves beholden to no one, so if they wanted to fight for their people or their land, they would, just like any other Norn.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Kal Spiro.9745

Humans doesnt have any more of that than Norn does. The airships came from the Charr with armament obviously Asuran. It wasnt until the Pact brought everyone together that they made it into a usable weapon. Charr also made the tanks and helicopters. At best, Humans got their regular ships. Which, if they are all as well designed as the one that we have seen leaving Claw Island for 3 years now, would tip over and sink if a Norn sneezed on it.

Something I just thought of as well when recalling what I said about allies… Norns would probably have alot easier time getting local allies such as the Sons of Svanir. Sure they are enemies, but they are still Norn and they all know it. In contrast, Humans would probably have alot more problems getting the help from bandits and Centaurs. Centaurs in particular would probably ally themselves with the Norn against Humans… Which pretty much means they are boned.

The Centaur would not help the Norn, they’re xenophobic and hate everyone equally. They would attack both sides if they got the chance. The Jotun would probably act similarly. The only local races that might assist are the Skritt and the Grawl. The Skritt would fight for the better bribe of the hour, and the Grawl would fight for whoever made the most convincing god.

Arrk.4102

I’m betting that Svanir would help the Norn though. Humans would be a bigger threat to it than the Norn.

Posted by: Dirven.3021

Dirven.3021

We all know that based on lore, the humans are stronger than the Norn. But for the sake of gamebalance they are made equally as strong. But like someone said, the lore isn’t the same as what’s happening inside a game. So yeah Humans would definitely win, they are physically WAY stronger and also WAY more intelligent than the Norn.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

There was a similar topic a time ago about “Charr vs Norns war, who would win?” and the answer there would fit this one too.
In 1v1 Norn wins against any other main race, in several novels and texts they show that Norn is really strong, in the book Sea of Sorrows a norn could fight against 2~3 charr and still be on par in the fight.
In a proper war, the lack of army organization of the norn would be their doom, I’m pretty sure that any other race in war against the norn would win.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

if you are talking about physical superiority, charr wins hands down.

but charrs are dumb.

if you look at the foodchain in this world, human is at the top because they have the highest IQ.

its the same here.

Human has more mental capacity than all other races.

Silly Bookah. Everyone knows Asura have the highest IQ. (next would be Skritt, but you need a kitten ton of them)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Arrk.4102

We all know that based on lore, the humans are stronger than the Norn. But for the sake of gamebalance they are made equally as strong. But like someone said, the lore isn’t the same as what’s happening inside a game. So yeah Humans would definitely win, they are physically WAY stronger and also WAY more intelligent than the Norn.

what is this troll?

The Norn are physically stronger than the Humans.