Humour me: the most CC rotation class

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

Humour me please: which class(es) and build(s) have the most frequent CC abilities in a rotation? Or which class(es) and build(s) can deal out CC most frequently, readily and perhaps rapidly?

Many thanks!

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Probably a S/P thief if I’m not mistaken. With sensible rotations, Pistol whip and head shot can be used a lot more frequently than most of the other CC skills in other classes.

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

I think an Mace / Shield + Hammer Warrior with Bulls Charge + Kick + Stomp + Rampage would have a massive amount of CC.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

thief pistol offhand wins hand down

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

In PvE, Thief. If you get touched, you’re doing it wrong. A Warrior have to use its entire kitten nal to CC, a Thief only need one weapon skill.

In PvP, I’d say Warrior.

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Engineer:
Pistol/Shield, accelerant packed turrets+healing turret, flamethrower, toolkit, slick shoes/mine, supply crate

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I think it depends on if you mean soft or hard cc, i guess you are looking for a build that reduces the stability meter as fast as possible with the upcoming changes.

Hard cc can be easily negated by popping stability, soft cc can be negated by stacking -condi duration.

It will also depend in which context you will try to apply it, if its in pvp, roaming in wvw or large scale battles like zerg fights or gvgs. SingleTarget/AoE CC might be more valuable depending on situation.

In general, i think specializing in a certain way of cc will give you more bang for the buck, so either go for soft or hard cc, AoE or Single Target and concentrate your build on it.

As an Ele in large scale fights, i would definately slot a sigil of paralysation, +30% stun duration seems quite useful when placing a static field on top of a big group, especially, if they use -condi duration food, which wont reduce stun duration. But in 1v1 situation it might not be as useful.

Personally, I would go for the mace/shield/hammer warrior already mentioned but switch out kick and bulls charge for fear me and one stability skill of my own. And I would trait death from above. Thats what I played a while back with a full celestial ascended set and perplexity runes and it was quite fun for small scale fights in wvw, where you could open with death from above.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Oh My God.8423

Oh My God.8423

I think it depends on if you mean soft or hard cc, i guess you are looking for a build that reduces the stability meter as fast as possible with the upcoming changes.

Thank you very much. You have read my mind.

I mainly do www and PvE (perhaps more PvE). Which one – hard or soft – CC is better in each of the contents?

I have heard about the effectiveness of a Hammer/Mace/Shield Warrior. But mine one is only level 10. Is there any other comparable class(es) out there? I do however have the following at level 80: Mesmer, Guardian, Elementalist, Thief, Necromancer and Ranger.

Any suggestion is most welcome!

Thanks!

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Engineer. It’s one of the reasons they’ve become so meta in pvp.

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

Probably a Mace-Mace/Hammer Warrior With Bull’s charge, stomp and kick on his utilities and using juggernaught as an ulti for the biggest stun upkeep on a single target.

Traited most likely Hammer cooldowns and physical utilities cooldowns, I think with some testing you could have quite some upkeep on stuns with this ridiculous build