in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

How DO you want to get them?
How DON’T you want to get them?

My opinion:
If they must be from RNG boxes-
1. Please put them in BLTC chests.
2. Please allow 1 in game method of earning at least 1. (Achievement)
3. Please evaluate the rarity of them from chests.
4. Please do NOT put them in a separate chest with lesser rewards.
5. Maybe let them drop rarely from the dungeon. (Along with any other cool rewards that may come with this arc.)

Side note-
We can gift now, (some) people who have the gems to spend/give who get all the tickets they want will be able to gift keys. Keys get you other items aside from just the tickets (if done this way) and is much better reward than candy etc.

So hurry up and vote on how you would like them to pop into game before the choice gets made for you ^^ Also, if you don’t care much for the weapons and just want to provide feedback on your best ideas for how to implement upcoming weapon skins that’s fine too.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

HurryUpAndVote (Aether Weapons)

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

Before the choice gets made for us? Ohohoho. That choice has been made since day 1.

RNG boxes say hiiiii

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

Please don’t be RNG boxes….

Pretty please?

That being said, I’d pick option 2. At least one guaranteed

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I’ve always asked this. Why the hell do we get Mini Horrik and other such garbage from the meta achievements for these living story events and not weapon tickets? That way people could actually work towards them.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Please allow one or more in-game methods of acquiring as many as one likes.

That way you may also see guilds where every member is able to have a themed look.

I think that would put the fun a bit over the “rarity” syndrome.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

As far as RNG goes, I prefer the dragon coffer method over any other RNG method. (you can farm or purchase dragon coffers from the tp without worrying about keys, or gems)

But I think it would be great if aether weapons became permanent weapons bought from a vendor with karma. :x (well, one could dream)

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Odinius.9826

Odinius.9826

In GW1 at the Wintersday event you could exchange 250 of an event item (which was fairly easy to obtain) for a low stat Candy Cane weapon, 2 others were obtained from certain quests during the event.

For GW2 I would like to see a system that works a little like this.
The Zhaitaffy vendor was a step in the right direction, but then completely lost it with the Jorbreakers.
I would say:
5 pieces for consumables and party items
250 pieces for the party hat or other novelty clothing pieces
500 pieces for the same skin but now with actual armor value
1000 pieces for a minipet or a weapon skin
5000/10.000 pieces for an ascended weapon in the event skin

It’s an event which must be enjoyed by everyone imo.
Want the shinies?, play and you will have them.
Want the extra shiny shinies? Work for it, but you will get your reward.
Have a great event everyone!!

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I want them from RNG chests, either from a dungeon or a BL chest. Rare drop rate is key.

I don’t want them handed out easily through achievements or as guaranteed drops from dungeons

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Achievement only plz…….we have enough in this game already that we don’t need to play for.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

No RNG.

At least one through achievements, with more possibly so other way. Some way of being able to get them in game with a pretty reliable way of getting them (either rng from dungeon/enemy with pretty high chance of getting them, or a way like SAB).
If it must be in Gemstore they need to be direct purchase, but not too expensive (like 2/300 each). I know I would be after the pistol and sword (want at least 2-4 of each).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

I would defiantly like 1 by achievement. If you want more, sell them on Gem Store.

If you HAVE TOO/LAST RESORT rely on RNG (bad choice) a chest with better/higher chances then Dragon/Sclerite tickets (those are just too low).

Posted by: zuraith.6104

zuraith.6104

If RNG must be used, then RNG must be one of at least TWO ways to obtain them.

Geotherma.2395

I want them from RNG chests, either from a dungeon or a BL chest. Rare drop rate is key.

I don’t want them handed out easily through achievements or as guaranteed drops from dungeons

That’s why I mentioned 1 per account, much like the fused gauntlets. I know it is a a difficult balance to keep them rare so they aren’t octo backpacks kind of rare.. Hopefully there will be a good balance if/when these are introduced and they take our suggestions into consideration. Which was the purpose of my post.

Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I think one of the reasons they didn’t even bother to include aether weapons to us this patch is regardless of how it is acquired, someone and their grandmother will always find a reason to complain. For example:

1. Rng drops
complaint: being unfair to people, newb lvl 1 gets a ticket and I spent 1-3k hours on this game and I don’t get a ticket
2. BLC or RNG box
complaint: enough with the RNG!!
3. RNG box as lootable
complaint: Now we gotta beat RNG twice??
4. Buying through gems
complaint: Anet only cares for the players with money. Us with no money can’t afford to buy those skins, esp since gem conversion is so ridiculously high
5. Account-bound ticket linked to doing sky pirates achievements
complaint: Why only 1 ticket? Why no other chance to get it?? Anet hates us for making alts, how can I now get my 3 engineers their cannons and revolvers??
6. Making it drop like candy, like the cheap wintersday skins
complaint: they’re too common now, they don’t look nice, no exclusivity.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Aetherblade weapons should drop from the kitten aetherblade pirates.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Arc.7346

Arc.7346

Aetherblade weapons should drop from the kitten aetherblade pirates.

No, it would make too much sense.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I don’t want them at all. No matter how they would make them available people would still be running around with their heads exploding because they really really want them but don’t want to do x, y, or z to get them.

The Burninator

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I want them as easily available as any other weapon skin. I understand this game has a core principle of making neat looking things be somewhat prestigious to get, but everyone should be able to get something at times beyond the basic skins.

There’s a chance they won’t be permanently available. One assumes more people will buy and play the game in later months and years, yes? So the rarity comes from having been a player during the time window of availability, not from having dice go your way 1 in a million times. WoW had some minipets only available if you logged in on the game’s anniversary, for instance.

I don’t mind buying things with gems. I don’t mind buying gems. I do mind not being able to get the perfect skin for my character despite spending many hours a week in game and having reasonable PvE skills (other than Mad King Clock, and the Wintersday JP, those defeated me).

The Sclerite and Flame and Dragon weapons all had nifty things going for them, but in the end were simply variations on the theme of weapon styles already in game. The rapier, on the other hand, is a vastly different type of sword. Hmm, I guess the rifle is as well, being a shoulder cannon rather than a stock and barrel. I know a LOT of thieves and mesmers, my characters included, that will do MUCH better for a look if they have a rapier. I fenced for years, I have RL swept hilt rapiers in my costume room, I will swap to sword-thief from my daggers and pistols if I can have rapiers. My actual game play will be impacted by this skin!

A vote here likely has zero impact, assuming the weapons will be player-available at all. Still, this weapon set just doesn’t seem like it should be available only to a tiny percentage of the population. It’s a radical style alternative. Let players have it to customize closer to their dreams.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

How I’d like them to be obtainable, from best to worse.

- Ticket obtainable after a set of solo and/or group instances, sorta like the journal from the dragon bash story. Further tickets available directly from the gem store.
- Ticket obtainably by achievements (either a single hard achievement or a meta like the holographic shattered wings). Further tickets available from the gem store.
- Weapons a direct drop from the bosses in the dungeon, chance not as rare because of the limited time of the dungeon. Ticket available from gem store.
- Direct sale of weapon skins or tickets from the gem store.
- Semi RNG system. RNG boxes drop from the open world and tradeable with the same drop rate than the dragon coffers, but with either a higher chance of a ticket, or always containing something like ticket fragments, where you can trade a large number of them (500, for example) for a ticket. If boxes are sold from the gem store as well, make them either have a guaranteed ticket, or at the very least enough fragments that you can get a guaranteed ticket from a small bunch of them (10 or so).

What I don’t want to see is gem store exclusive boxes with such a low drop rate of tickets that it’s common to buy lots of them and get nothing in return.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

Ironically, the more people vote for these cool toys, the more likely they’ll end up in RNG boxes.

The one thing that matters the most (for a casual player like myself), is that it’s always potentially available (ie not limited-time-only).

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Ideally, they would be rewarded for skillful play, doubt that will happen though. I suspect that they will be had by clicking “F”(not my actual bind) 500 times or behind a cash shop RNG chest.

Posted by: Shamrocky.5036

Shamrocky.5036

You should get tokens from the new dungeon and buy the weapons with those tokens. The way they did the Super Adventure box was perfect. I had satisfaction in working for the tokens, it wasn’t just RNG, and it wasn’t some boring grinding achievements like the dragon bash wings.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

It doesn’t matter what players ask for or vote for in the end all meaningful content in this game becomes two things Cash shop RNG or Cash shop..

Sad about this games future..

Posted by: Shamrocky.5036

Shamrocky.5036

Not entirely true because the Super Adventure Box sets a precedent that they could do it right.

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

hmmm… the first post of this was 10 hours ago at the time I am writing this.

hmmm… you do realize that there is coding that must be done to be able to add items to whatever method is decided and that take a few days to weeks depending on how good the engine is.

So this vote is basically a waste of time

i abstain.

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Geotherma.2395

hmmm… you do realize that there is coding that must be done to be able to add items to whatever method is decided and that take a few days to weeks depending on how good the engine is.

i abstain.

You are assuming the coding hasn’t already been done. I’m assuming neither, but being optimistic and proactive.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

i abstain.

You are assuming the coding hasn’t already been done. I’m assuming neither, but being optimistic and proactive.

I think if the coding was done the Reddit data miners would have the codes for them by now, i believe the fact nothings popped up says they aren’t yet added..

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

i abstain.

I know where you are going with the statement, but to clarify.
I am assuming the coding is done or nearly down, just not implemented yet.
Also, has I pointed out elsewhere, I tend to be more of a realist.

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

Geotherma.2395

i abstain.

I think if the coding was done the Reddit data miners would have the codes for them by now, i believe the fact nothings popped up says they aren’t yet added..

You mean something like this? http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1glv88/has_anyone_put_up_a_gallery_of_all_the_new/
http://imgur.com/a/cONc3

(edited by Geotherma.2395)

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

i abstain.

You mean something like this? http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1glv88/has_anyone_put_up_a_gallery_of_all_the_new/
http://imgur.com/a/cONc3

The second link even had some holographic (non-SAB) weapons! oh my…. how wonderful!

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

So hurry up and vote on how you would like them to pop into game before the choice gets made for you ^^ Also, if you don’t care much for the weapons and just want to provide feedback on your best ideas for how to implement upcoming weapon skins that’s fine too.

Not sure what you mean, the decision was made months ago, when the content was designed.

Posted by: Lylandrissabelle.5463

Lylandrissabelle.5463

How about a token system like any other dungeon weapon, that could go for the armor as well, since there’s some parts of Aetherblade sets I like and others I would never use. Oh and don’t remove the dungeon again, because I don’t plan on grinding fractals.

Geotherma.2395

Not sure what you mean, the decision was made months ago, when the content was designed.

The RNG system has changed several times. -See past events.
Each time it is as if they are trying to find a right way, or at least an acceptable way to deliver rare prestigious items. Fused weapon skins were not delivered the same as southsun, and so on and so on. So I started the thread to give feedback on what players would like to see done with hopefully the Aether weapons when/if they come. As always our feedback is what drives the game, here is an outlet for that very purpose. Some may argue it is all for nothing, but here isn’t the place for that. This thread is directed at those responsible for the changes, those who care enough about the community to listen, and the community itself who comprise and carry this game month after month. So yes, decisions may have been made long ago, but as humans we can change those decisions as we see fit. I see no better time than now to use customers wishes to produce something we can all benefit from, whilst keeping the rarity and epicness of the items in question.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Dragon Bash style. So far that’s one I’ve been happiest with at least.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

No RNG (or at least an alternate way to get them), or if there is RNG, make the skins tradable so I can farm the golds or buy gems with $ to buy them. Or cash shop. Or something.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast