I Am Really Glad With Dev Communication

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gamerinachair.4057

gamerinachair.4057

As the title says, I really love it. The fact that they are much more open about what they are doing, when they’re doing it, etc. is just making me feel really excited about the game that I haven’t felt since I first saw the Heart of Thorns logo at the end of LS S2. What really brought it all together for me was at the end of the blog post about gliding in Central Tyria, when they said “These new freedoms might allow you to get to places in these maps we did not originally intend you to see. As long as your explorations remain harmless, it’s all part of the fun!”. It warms my heart, it really does. Keep up the good work ANet, and please remember: nothing is perfect. Ever. That’s what makes it so perfect.

“If we do not end war, war will end us.” -H.G. Wells

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

Yes, I agree. I always believed that if ANet could just communicate more with their player base like how they used too before the launch of the game; a lot more people would feel the same way as you do.

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Ask whether the PvP community agrees in the PVP section, just for fun.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Or wvw. Communication is a disaster.

VoxL, NSPPT

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Obviously NOT a WvW player.

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

Obviously a Reddit user though.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Tommyknocker.6089

Obviously a Reddit user though.

+1 and a LMAO to boot.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Sounds like you would love Reddit.
Some of my friends say that’s where they go for insider information to get ahead of the playing masses that only check the official communications vehicle for GW2, these Forums.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

I don’t really consider that good communication. They want people excited about that. I’ll change my opinion of how they communicate when they start giving answers about more inconvienent things.

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

I don’t really consider that good communication. They want people excited about that. I’ll change my opinion of how they communicate when they start giving answers about more inconvienent things.

Absolutely, they are very selective about only talking about what they want and rarely about that the player base wants (cough 10,000 cough)

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

Ask whether the PvP community agrees in the PVP section, just for fun.

Those spoiled brats want a personal dev, like they had in GW1 with IZZY

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

This might seem oddly starstruck but…

Gaile quoted one of my posts!

Little red Lioka

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Absolutely, they are very selective about only talking about what they want and rarely about that the player base wants (cough 10,000 cough)

I believe we are still lacking a response to how they ripped karma boosters out of the enchanted reward boosts and just hoped no one would notice.

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Indeed. 815 posts on the visual nerfs ignored, too.

I’m not impressed with this “communication” method being employed. We’re customers, not mushrooms.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Tommyknocker.6089

TBH it is not that difficult to get a dev response on these forums. You just need to compliment them on the great job they are doing on something.

And when I find they are going in a direction I like, I am sure I will get a response too, but I am not holding my breath till that time comes!

Posted by: Andulias.9516

Andulias.9516

It’s basically mandatory for MMO developers to outline their plans for the year at the beginning of it, every studio out there has done more or less the same.

What I will say about Anet though is that they do seem to listen to their community, but not talk back. For example when they messed up the PS they never addressed it as an issue AFAIK. One day they just released a patch that fixed it and that was that. Especially when it comes to criticism Anet is simply mute to a fault.

That said, I firmly believe they listen, so that’s good. But I wouldn’t say what they have done so far in that regard is really remarkable.

And where is my visual slider for the spell effects?!?!?

Posted by: apocalyps.7106

apocalyps.7106

She is not a dev: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gaile_Gray

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

The reason there is so much red on the board is because its called: DAMAGE CONTROL.

Sinking ships are filled with it.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post