I Appreciate the Apology

I Appreciate the Apology

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bornthisway.4609

Bornthisway.4609

I am one of your players that literally has not logged in since the introduction of Ascended gear. Not once. I have four level 80s, countless Dungeon armors, different armor sets for a few of my characters, a character with optimal MF, etc. etc. I was highly disappointed that Plinx was nerfed as it seemed to be one of the only rewarding event chains in the game to me.
I truly hope Anet recognizes the mistake that they made in gating their content and encouraging fracturing the community and forcing us to grind. I will not play a game that treats its players like this one did before and after the initial introduction of Ascended gear, so I truly hope the apology comes with some serious reflection and ACTION. Ascended gear needs to be obtainable through crafting and through WVW, and that has to happen within the month at the latest.

Regards.

I Appreciate the Apology

Posted by: Saidor.7028

Saidor.7028

I’ve sussed it folks…

This is why 40k orcs are so angry all the time and scream Waaaaaaaaaaaagggghhhhh

They evolved from mmo fans who scream waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and rage quit when they don’t like a game.

Sorry dude, couldnt help myself. If you hadnt blasted your way to 4 levels 80’s in a few months I would have had more sympathy.

I Appreciate the Apology

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

I am one of your players that literally has not logged in since the introduction of Ascended gear. Not once. I have four level 80s, countless Dungeon armors, different armor sets for a few of my characters, a character with optimal MF, etc. etc. I was highly disappointed that Plinx was nerfed as it seemed to be one of the only rewarding event chains in the game to me.
I truly hope Anet recognizes the mistake that they made in gating their content and encouraging fracturing the community and forcing us to grind. I will not play a game that treats its players like this one did before and after the initial introduction of Ascended gear, so I truly hope the apology comes with some serious reflection and ACTION. Ascended gear needs to be obtainable through crafting and through WVW, and that has to happen within the month at the latest.

Regards.

Read the AMA, Chris Whiteside and crew address all of those, and characterize the way fractals were implemented, both in gating mechanics and as the only source of ascended gear, as a huge mistake they will not repeat, and will endeavor to rectify with their next patches.

I Appreciate the Apology

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Seriously?

The only reason you need Ascended gear is to do the higher levels of Fractals. And it really is only the higher levels. I’ve heard of people getting up to at least level 10, which is more than enough to have seen each fractal at least once, without ever needing Ascended gear.

If you don’t intend to try and reach the higher levels of that dungeon then you can completely ignore Ascended gear, and the only reason to try and reach the higher levels is to get Ascended gear more easily. So in other words it’s grind for the sake of grind for those who want it and everyone else can just ignore it and play as normal.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

I Appreciate the Apology

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Uh… So you really obviously fail at appreciating things.

Because none of that sounded appreciative at all. It was just preachy about how horribly they wronged you and how you want to see the changes to things you dislike or you won’t ever be coming back. Plus tacking on a demand for implementing a complex system in a month.

That’s not really appreciating an apology. At all.

I’d say try again but I don’t want to see it potentially get worse.

I Appreciate the Apology

Posted by: Bluebird.1890

Bluebird.1890

I hardly think telling the developers that you’ve set a month deadline for them to implement something that one of the lead developers already admitted should be in the game is going to assist in expediting the process any more than he already has.

facepalm

I Appreciate the Apology

Bornthisway.4609

Stay on topic and if you want to troll do so elsewhere. This is a thread that is, yes, appreciative of the apology, but that also recognizes words are words. They need to fix their wrong and then I will be truly appreciative.

I Appreciate the Apology

Bluebird.1890

Stay on topic and if you want to troll do so elsewhere. This is a thread that is, yes, appreciative of the apology, but that also recognizes words are words. They need to fix their wrong and then I will be truly appreciative.

If the topic is that you appreciate the apology, but you just admitted you don’t truly appreciate the apology, then you aren’t staying on topic either.

I Appreciate the Apology

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

Seriously?

The only reason you need Ascended gear is to do the higher levels of Fractals. And it really is only the higher levels. I’ve heard of people getting up to at least level 10, which is more than enough to have seen each fractal at least once, without ever needing Ascended gear.

If you don’t intend to try and reach the higher levels of that dungeon then you can completely ignore Ascended gear, and the only reason to try and reach the higher levels is to get Ascended gear more easily. So in other words it’s grind for the sake of grind for those who want it and everyone else can just ignore it and play as normal.

Wrong. The ascended gear is 20-50% more powerful than exotics.

Uh, not even close. Stop lying and spreading misinformation.

I Appreciate the Apology

Posted by: warmonkey.8013

warmonkey.8013

Seriously?

show me a ring that is 50% stronger than the exotic version…

Well considering there’s stat distros on ascended that don’t exist for exotic, not too hard. let’s say you want cond+/crit/tough. can’t get that on an exotic! gotta get in that dungeon bro. and you’ll get one with more condition damage than an exotic cond+/x/x exotic, and with more stats to increase your damage, and and and oh gosh.

fact remains they knew they were going to alienate a lot of their players by introducing a new tier of gear, because they knew a lot of their players were here because we didn’t want to have a never-ending chase after new loot.

they mislead us for 5 years, basically. and knew it. and knew we’d be mad.

but i’m the bad guy here.

Frigi Dair — SoR Necro

I Appreciate the Apology

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

It sucks that people who share my concerns and stopped playing for the reasons I have act so kittenin entitled. It make us all look like kittens.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

I Appreciate the Apology

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

Seriously?

The ring with the Divine stat distribution. There isn’t an exotic version. ’nuff said.

I Appreciate the Apology

Bornthisway.4609

I am not acting entitled. I bought the game and have spent money on the cash shop and I’m allowed my opinion. If you don’t like it feel free to not post on my thread.

I Appreciate the Apology

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

Seriously?

Well considering there’s stat distros on ascended that don’t exist for exotic, not too hard. let’s say you want cond+/crit/tough. can’t get that on an exotic! gotta get in that dungeon bro. and you’ll get one with more condition damage than an exotic cond+/x/x exotic, and with more stats to increase your damage, and and and oh gosh.

fact remains they knew they were going to alienate a lot of their players by introducing a new tier of gear, because they knew a lot of their players were here because we didn’t want to have a never-ending chase after new loot.

they mislead us for 5 years, basically. and knew it. and knew we’d be mad.

but i’m the bad guy here.

Kinda like how you have to grind WvW Badges or do HotW or AC for P/V/T stats right???? You got to get it in those dungeons bro!

I Appreciate the Apology

Posted by: shadymae.5349

shadymae.5349

As a newly made second class citizen in GW2 I do not appreciate the apology.

I Appreciate the Apology

Bluebird.1890

P/V/T gear doesn’t exist outside of certain areas either. That doesn’t make it 50% better 100% of the time.

And Ascended gear is intended to drop in all areas of the game. A public apology was made in the REddit AMA for it not being implemented that way to begin with.

I Appreciate the Apology

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

I am not acting entitled. I bought the game and have spent money on the cash shop and I’m allowed my opinion. If you don’t like it feel free to not post on my thread.

So nobody is to disagree with you on your thread.

Alrighty then….

And you folks call the WoW crowd “elitists.”

I Appreciate the Apology

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread has derailled in many ways, it is now closed.

Please remember to stay constructive on this forum and avoid off topic posting.

Thank you.