I Can't Decide On Which Method...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Avectius.3271

Avectius.3271

…to obtain Eternity.

I’ve done some calculations and I’ve determined that it’ll take me roughly 2 months and a few extra days of Silverwastes farming to get the 4000 gold I need to buy Eternity off the Trading Post, but that’ll probably feel really boring and tiring.

Then there’s crafting Twilight and Sunrise normally, and not buying time gated materials and other items on the Trading Post, as the amount of gold I’d spend doing that would roughly be slightly more than 4000 gold, so It’d be the same scenario; farming for a huge amount of gold, which I’m beginning to not want to.

The problem with crafting Twilight and Sunrise normally, however, is that I’d have to get both their precursors, which, you guessed it, are nearly impossible to find as drops and cost a ton on the Trading Post, so once again, more gold farming.

I need some advice, here, guys. What should I do?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Wellllll … it’s likely that as of the end of August (my speculated HoT release date), you’ll be able to embark on a journey to craft the precursors. Or you’ll discover that one of the new legendaries moves you more than a giant glowing color-shifting surfboard.

So maybe you should make the generic Gifts that apply to all current legendaries, and hold off on GS-specific ones until you know more about what’s coming in the expansion.

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

I think any option is going to be boring and tiring. Crafting both twilight and sunrise is about 5k gold while just buying eternity is 4k. Personally i would just buy it.

Posted by: Avectius.3271

Avectius.3271

Any more advice, peeps?

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I crafted eternity before the wardobe update happen so I lost both twilight and sunrise….then I ended up buying it from the TP almost a year later. I would say you are saving yourself a lot more money by just buying it but if it’s not fun, what’s the point in that?

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Hmm, either way it’s going to be grindy. For now, I’d suggest just grinding out gold and keep whatever mats drop…

There aren’t any time gated materials as far as I know. So just save up, Id work on getting your gifts of mastery and fortune done. Then just wait and see what HoT brings. Maybe something you like more will come out, if not, you will be a good part of the way through crafting it