I DONT want to see them!

I DONT want to see them!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

..All the commanders…

Its crawling with commanders in LA now… I dont want to see them.

Plz make it optional to toggle off Commander tags on u’r screen.

Kima & Co

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

Then what’s the point of being a commander once this is implemented?
It’s needed on PvE, it’s needed on WvWvW – so people can see where to rally/go.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Its only needed if people WANT to rally, .. I’d support an off feature.
There’s too many in LA atm, often more than 1 in the same place, it’s quite annoying, and they were blocking my party dots.. making it difficult to find them.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

/squadjoin nameofacommander

That way, you will only see one commander-tag on the map… no matter how many of those are there.

/squadleave to undo it.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Saturn… I dont want to join any squad! I just wanna do my thing, see MY party members and not a thousands of commanders… If I’d join any squad, it would be anyone from my Guild most likely, not just some random to get rid of most of the tags…

Toggle off commander tags! Easy, dont have to type things every single time u enter a map…

Kima & Co

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

go to overflow, never had more than 3 commanders there :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I thought there was a commander cap of 3 per map?

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I thought there was a commander cap of 3 per map?

I guess you’ve not been to lions arch then? (before the destruction :p)

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

What the OP is suggesting is not needed.

What is needed is the commander symbol hanging over my toon when I have my tag turned on. That is just effin silly and needs to be removed or given the option to toggle off.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

What the OP is suggesting is not needed.

What is needed is the commander symbol hanging over my toon when I have my tag turned on. That is just effin silly and needs to be removed or given the option to toggle off.

In all fairness I think both should have a toggle off option.

The Burninator

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

You can just ignore the tags

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

I can’t believe people are actually whining about this lol…

“i want to see party member!”

really? this event is pretty much zerg zerg zerg.
Run around and press 1..

Why on earth do you care about where party members are? they are scattered in this zone. More than likely, they are right next to the commander tags!.

Jesus people complain about such minor things in life these days…I hope anet deletes/ignores this thread completely

Might be one of the most useless suggestions I’ve ever seen made in this forum, and I’ve seen plenty

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I can’t believe people are actually whining about this lol…

“i want to see party member!”

really? this event is pretty much zerg zerg zerg.
Run around and press 1..

Why on earth do you care about where party members are? they are scattered in this zone. More than likely, they are right next to the commander tags!.

Jesus people complain about such minor things in life these days…I hope anet deletes/ignores this thread completely

Might be one of the most useless suggestions I’ve ever seen made in this forum, and I’ve seen plenty

Why are you so annoyed about it?

I can’t imagine it’s that hard to add a toggle view in options. It’s a simple thing that would clear up the map for some people. It doesn’t bother you? Excellent. But a very small change would be to toggle the view.
And it would be much appreciated by many.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Would it? Can’t people just ignore the commander tags? I like to see them to see where people probably are, but other than that, if I’m not interested in whatever event they’re doing, I ignore them.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

So much crying for for such small gripe. Is one commander tag on the screen really that bad? seriously…

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

Having an option to show commander tags on/off maps sounds good enough to me. Maybe have it as a check mark in the general options. Default is set to have it on, so that way once made, those that want it don’t touch it, while those that want to lose the tags have the option.
Options are typically a win/win for everyone.
For the seeing your own tag, that has to be a bug that should get fixed.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Just make people actually earn the tags rather than just buying them and fine with whatever.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Just make people actually earn the tags rather than just buying them and fine with whatever.

It’s a bit late for that.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

So much crying for for such small gripe. Is one commander tag on the screen really that bad? seriously…

The thing is since you can buy them a lot of people have them. So it’s not just one commander tag on the screen…

Having an option to turn it off if you don’t like it wouldn’t hurt the people who like to see the tags. It’s not like people are asking for them to be removed for all. Just the option to turn them off.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

I’ve never understood why people go absolutely crazy when there is more than 1 tag on a map, all you have to do is ask “where am I needed?” or “who needs more people”

it’s US against “them” if you don’t want to help then why are you on the map.

Sincerly, Me.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Whiny posts – i don’t wanna see them…but they exist, so i ignore them (for the most part).
Somehow, i doubt (don’t quote me) that something as fundamentally game-breaking as too many commander tags on-screen is THAT high on the devs fix list.
Personally, i like seeing them – they’re usually an indication where the fighting’s at.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I’ve never understood why people go absolutely crazy when there is more than 1 tag on a map, all you have to do is ask “where am I needed?” or “who needs more people”

it’s US against “them” if you don’t want to help then why are you on the map.

Some maps don’t need commanders.

Before this patch and LS update, LA didn’t need a bunch of commanders stationed at the bank or TP. They definitely weren’t there to try to get people to organize to do anything.

The serious RP’ers and those who immersion is important for them, I would imagine could possibly dislike the tags being visible since it isn’t natural.

The people posting don’t have an issue with more than one commander on the map. They have an issue with seeing multiple commander tags on the screen and not just only on the map anymore.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Headless.3718

Headless.3718

TIL commander tags are magnets that no player can escape from.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

It’s needed on PvE

Nope.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Actually I use it quite frequently in pve for zergs. Helps new players to the map know where the zerg is in the champ trains. Saves a lot of repeated “Zerg?” “Wheres da zerg be?” type questions.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

They should just sell a book that you can purchase for 100g to let people ignore the commander pins with a toggle… people get to ignore it and it’s implemented in an odd enough way that anet would do it. Plus, gold sink! Everyone wins!

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Name.9625

Name.9625

I absolutely support this idea. I hate my vision and my Waypoints being obstructed by the sheer amount of tags.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

My question is, who are these idiots that get on the map and think, “oh wow, only 22 commanders, I better tag up.”

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

..All the commanders…

Its crawling with commanders in LA now… I dont want to see them.

Plz make it optional to toggle off Commander tags on u’r screen.

I paid good money for my Commander Taco. You must be able to see it, so I can lead you properly.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

I currently do not have a problem with it, but makes me wonder how it will look in another year. Only thing that has slightly annoyed me is using a wp and its crowded by several commanders so have to squirrel around the icons to get to use it.
Over all, I don’t care if they are on or not at this point. I never turn mine on anymore, don’t like to be annoyed.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

not a thousands of commanders…

with a map cap of 150….. hmmm. Also, if a commander tag is blocking party member dots, it’s because you’re all stacked on top of him! The party is right around you….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

Commanders are to Guild Wars 2 players as laser pens are to cats.

Only time I want to see a commander is in WvW not PvE because more often than not they are an idiot and attract too many people to their location ensuring all other events in the area fail due to lack of participants.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: miriya.8496

miriya.8496

PvE commanders definitely have their place, they’re a tremendous help for people doing guild missions and the like. Still, I can definitely see a few points here; hopefully something can be worked out when anet addresses tag functionality.

Hish Tulla | 80 Necro | [STYX]

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Saturn… I dont want to join any squad! I just wanna do my thing, see MY party members and not a thousands of commanders… If I’d join any squad, it would be anyone from my Guild most likely, not just some random to get rid of most of the tags…

Toggle off commander tags! Easy, dont have to type things every single time u enter a map…

You don’t lose anything by joining a squad. You don’t need to run with that commander. He also (as far as I know) will not even know that you’re in his squad, unless he uses a command that he probably doesn’t even know.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Commander tags are a money sink, sadly, if you could turn them off 80% of them would had never bought it in the first place.
Yesterday there was one just collecting from rumbles and he had his tag on, we see you buddy, but we don’t need to.
Theres no simple way to fix this, but it would start with a refund then working out another way to, preferably, earn them.

I remember seeing a video on YouTube with someone teaching how to exploit a personal story mission to farm gold, “thats how I got my commander tag”, because nothing qualifies you better for it than farming gold right?

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

While thing reminds me of the pre-WW1 European situation, where quite a few military officers had pretty much bought their rank. Come WW1, thing became a hot mess…

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Step one: Put in a toggle to not see commander tags.

Step two: Implement Ascended Commander Tags. Make people face ascended crafting for them. Remember, the cost for a normal C-Tag is 100g, so use that as the base when deciding how much stuff is needed for the AC-Tag. These tags always remain visible.

Step three: Implement Legendary Commander Tags. Same as the AC-Tags, but up the requirements to legendary level. WvW, PvP, and PvE all required to get them. Dungeons, crafting, map exploration, leading a guild, and even a book report on “The Art of War”. They’ll function the same as the AC-Tag, but you can set the color to any dye unlocked on that character.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

I DONT want to see them!

Name.9625

Step two: Implement Ascended Commander Tags. Make people face ascended crafting for them. Remember, the cost for a normal C-Tag is 100g, so use that as the base when deciding how much stuff is needed for the AC-Tag. These tags always remain visible.

Step three: Implement Legendary Commander Tags. Same as the AC-Tags, but up the requirements to legendary level. WvW, PvP, and PvE all required to get them. Dungeons, crafting, map exploration, leading a guild, and even a book report on “The Art of War”. They’ll function the same as the AC-Tag, but you can set the color to any dye unlocked on that character.

Very bad idea

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Don’t forget having served in Afghanistan or Iraq, if only as a grunt!

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

I think he means turning it off on his own screen, like “Show player names”.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

right klik any commander and join squad, problem solved

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I know. If you could turn it on or off on your screen, what’s the point of being a commander? 90% of people will not notice them anymore.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I know. If you could turn it on or off on your screen, what’s the point of being a commander? 90% of people will not notice them anymore.

I don’t really care about this topic one way or another, but this is actually kind of an amusing thing to say. I’ll go ahead and break down why in a simple thought experiment:

• If 90% of people wouldn’t notice commanders if this happened, what does that say?
    To me, that says ‘90% of people would turn commander tags off if they could.’
    (I think that’s hyperbole, but I’m merely extrapolating from your own words.)
  • Why would they turn off commander tags?
    Obviously, they don’t want to see them at all, and don’t want to join any squads to only see one.
  • If they don’t even want to see the tags, are commanders really necessary?
    You say they are, and then you say nine-tenths of the playerbase would choose not to see them.
    This leads me to believe otherwise, going by the implications of your own words.

So what’s the point of being a commander if this happens? The 10%(really, probably a much higher number, but again, only going by your own words) of players that don’t choose to ignore the commander tag, probably. After all, if I recall the last metric released properly, that’s…every single Charr player character ever made, or every single member of one or the other of the two least-played classes ever made. That’s a lot of people.

Also, vanity. You can pretend you shelled out the hundred gold for purely altruistic purposes, but in the end, there’s got to be at least a smidgen of ‘Look at me!’ involved to run around with a goofy blue badge thing floating over your noggin and then complain when people say they’d rather have the choice about whether or not to see it.

I DONT want to see them!

Name.9625

That´s the point. There´s a fair amount of people being annoyed by the icons by now. So giving this is a QoL update that serves those who don´t want to see who was able to grind 100g.
And for those remaining 10%, that do think commanders are “necessary” or “useful”, they can still choose to see them.

For the rest it´s a wonderful, obstacle free mini map. Joy!

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Because this game doesn’t have enough crafting as it is.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

question: what happens when you remove the commander tag entirely?
answer: we would end up having a leader who earned his/her leadership.

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Myrnar.7960

Myrnar.7960

tbh most of the pve commanders are just attention whores…

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Having the commander tag set behind a gold barrier has done nothing but render it to a cosmetic item. The majority of the people I’ve seen with them on in LA are people I’ve never seen in WvW or open PvE (I guess commanders are very important in Fractals?)
The tags should have, at the least, been gated behind achievements, but even then that doesn’t mean someone is capable as a commander. Just chalk it up as another really poor implementation by Anet.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

I DONT want to see them!

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Its only needed if people WANT to rally, .. I’d support an off feature.
There’s too many in LA atm, often more than 1 in the same place, it’s quite annoying, and they were blocking my party dots.. making it difficult to find them.

There are some serious issues about this game, including balance above all, and people are kitteng around with topics like that.

People on this forums amaze me…

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

(edited by Corpus Christi.2057)