I love this game- Reasons why [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BraxKedren.8941

BraxKedren.8941

I LOVE IT!

I know people are talking about being level 80 and all te recent posts on legendaries that are being found…but I brely have 1 charaacter above 30 and still had trouble deciding on a main character to take to 80 until recently.

Even with all of this, there has not been 1 night i have logged on and thought “why am I here again” because all I have to do is let my wanderlust take over and my enjoyment comes in a few seconds after logging in.

As a long time gamer that started in EQ way back in the day, THANK YOU ALL for bring back the pure satisfaction of exploration and cooperation in MMO that has been missing for me for a very long time.

Noob in training

Posted by: Manifoldgodhead.2356

Manifoldgodhead.2356

The Orr stuff is just frustration those three zones were designed by the biggest ding dongs in history. Basically they want you to hate that zone. All the waypoints are contested, there are giant walls of coral that block your path and droves of undead with limitless CC. The mobs are trained to lock you down and take a giant steamy dump all over any fun you might glean from the zone.

Even the whole “take back Orr” thing is complete and utter horse manure force fed on you as you quickly realize that taking back Orr does not open a single viable transportation route. There are walls of Risen surrounding every single camp. Taking back Orr is a dumb joke.

Posted by: lacrimstein.5603

lacrimstein.5603

I agree, GW2 is awesome from 1-40. However, you might change your mind, like I did, after you get past the beginning of the game.

Posted by: Teknomancer.8475

Teknomancer.8475

As a very old and stubborn ex original eq player , sometimes i wish there were not waypoints and we had to walk everywhere.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

now that a few Orr events have been fixed, it feels a lot more enjoyable there – though I cannot see myself repeating those events over and over for next few months.

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Your argument to people who are 80 is invalid because you don’t even have a level 80 form a proper objective view on the subject they’re talking about.

It’s like when people talk about cheese, some love it some hate it, and you’ve never had cheese before in your life so you talk about how awesome milk is, because milk is used to make cheese.

Posted by: Lani.1429

Lani.1429

I thought you said “I just don’t like this game” Good mislead i give you that

Posted by: Coldsteel.3192

Coldsteel.3192

This is just a short note to convey my appreciation at the great effort you have put into this game. I was expecting a lot less than what has been delivered. Specifically you ask? How about the dynamic local events that change depending upon the success or failure of the starting “act” begun by the NPC’s. The individual storyline that is customized based upon my character creation choices at the start of the game. The spontaneous support by fellow gamers to bring fellow “fallen” back up and fighting. The animations associated with npc special attacks, the ability to dodge, the switching of weapons and associated skills midfight, crafting xp contributing to player xp, toning up of players to max level for pvp “equality”, toning down of players to zone appropriate pve level, mining nodes that can be accessed by each player, 3d support that is truly exceptional…..
I’ve been looking for a game to sink my teeth into for quite some time, and just wasn’t expecting this to be it.
It has turned out to be….so thanks.

As a side note, it has led to two of my kids also picking up GW2, and I’ve pulled in 4 friends from other mmorpgs as well.

Posted by: Kasoon.3758

Kasoon.3758

We’re multiplying…goodie.

Posted by: Auron.2657

Auron.2657

The legion is here

Best Thief EU.
New Video Coming Soon.
youtube.com/AuronGW2

Posted by: Rise.9702

Rise.9702

You’re welcome.™

You sir are a Scholar and Gentlekitten.

Posted by: linuxfueled.6198

linuxfueled.6198

Looking forward to seeing where GW2 goes in the future. Nice to have an MMO that taxes my system:)

linuxfueled.6198

It’s the little things that add up. Well done Arena Net!

Posted by: wollie.9751

wollie.9751

Your argument to people who are 80 is invalid because you don’t even have a level 80 form a proper objective view on the subject they’re talking about.

It’s like when people talk about cheese, some love it some hate it, and you’ve never had cheese before in your life so you talk about how awesome milk is, because milk is used to make cheese.

I have a level 80 I play every day. I feel the same as the OP, I LOVE THIS GAME.

some people didn’t find what they were looking for at level 80. A lot of them are on this forum. But don’t worry OP there are plenty of people still playing at level 80 and having fun. I’m one of them.

Posted by: Nyaochan.1756

Nyaochan.1756

All of you negative nancies need to stop trying to sour everyone else on the game. I, for one, am enjoying it immensely as well, and if I find I don’t enjoy playing at level 80, I’ll probably focus on alts, not whine and ragequit because I don’t like the way a certain zone is designed. Need…more…character slots…argh~

Posted by: Noxu.7203

Noxu.7203

Ah, don’t listen to the troll, Anonymous. The large majority of the playerbase is absolutely LOVING this game to death. Only the small, tiny minority are on the forums whining incessantly about their issues and trying to rile up people and make others think the game isn’t as fun.

When all’s said and done, so many people are enjoying this game, it’s great. The community in-game has been one of the best I’ve seen in any MMO. I, for one, will enjoy this game for a long long time.

Posted by: Refugee.3092

Refugee.3092

@Manifoldgodhead: Exactly this. I loved levelling my elementalist, but am stuck in Malchor’s Leap (she’s level 79 atm). I know I’m supposed to participate in the events that are all over the map but getting there is an exercise in frustration. Battling through hordes and hordes of undead that CC the crap out of me just to die in the event and do the whole thing all over again is NOT fun. The genius that came up with the idea of contested waypoints, thus blocking our only means of travel, deserves a kick in the backside.

GW2 is a great game and maybe there’s something I’m missing, but I play games to have fun. That’s why I’m going to give pandaville a try this weekend. I’ll definitely be back, though.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

It’s dangerous in Orr, don’t go alone

Best MMO I’ve ever played.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

It’s dangerous in Orr, don’t go alone

Best MMO I’ve ever played.

Pretty sure that’s the idea, Orr is not a place to go in all willy-nilly and think you’ll be mowing your way through the enemies. I can see how someone who doesn’t grasp this can come to hate Orr.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

Going to Orr as a level 65 with my level 70 guild leader was hilarious, I’ll give it that. Not the kind of entertainment that was intended, but I was laughing the whole time we were running from wave after endless wave of Risen with absolutely no safe place to run to.

Guild Wars 2: Zombie Apocalypse.

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

I felt like you, my friends have two or three level 80s and I was still about forty. I thought the game was a lot of fun. Then I got to lv 80, finished my story… and… now I log in, say hello to friends, log out because I just can’t bear the mind-numbing game as a lv 80.

Posted by: Gunmetal.3824

Gunmetal.3824

I wasn’t really looking forward to Orr because of what I read about it on the forums. Now that i’m there, I kinda like it! IMO its challenging and can be frustrating, but I don’t find it annoying if that makes sense. A few times while going around and getting my 100%, I would be getting swarmed by a endless mob, once you fight them off and catch your breath your like man, this place is crazy! Crazy in a good way.

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Love love loving the game; loving it at level 59 more than I was at lower levels … but I haven’t made it to Orr yet and I’m hoping by the time I do most of the problems people are talking about will be taken care of. So far, though, best MMO I’ve played in years.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: lagrangeify.5641

lagrangeify.5641

So the lesson to learn here OP, is that you’re not allowed to express your enjoyment and appreciation of the journey, because level 80s who have reached your destination know better than you o. Allegedly.

Best thing to do is to carry on as you have been, loving your game time and having fun on your journey. And ignore the arrogant killjoys who think they can pull rank on you because they’ve been to Orr and don’t like it.

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

Don’t pay heed to the negative nancys here, enjoy your experience.
I have my fair share of issues of beef with how ANet did some of the things, but overall, I am pleased by the game.

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

The OP is free to say he loves the game, wonderfull by itself.

Others are entitled to say they got disapointed at 80, or because of any reason they would feel that.
It’s all feedback, and feedback should never be one sided only.

This doesn’t mean the OP will be disapointed too, and no one is saying he is bound to be. Most just say that they were indeed.
Nothing offensive about that.

These forums are often very aggressive towards people saying negative things, which by itself gives me a bad feeling about the game.

And about Orr: it wouldn’t half as bad if downscaling worked as it should, and respawn rates everywhere were fixed.
This game wasn’t advertised with having only 1 real map to go to at 80, it was advertised with giving you the world…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Going to Orr as a level 65 with my level 70 guild leader was hilarious, I’ll give it that. Not the kind of entertainment that was intended, but I was laughing the whole time we were running from wave after endless wave of Risen with absolutely no safe place to run to.

Guild Wars 2: Zombie Apocalypse.

going to Orr at lv65 is a bad idea to begin with :P, you will most likely be getting 2 shotted by normal mobs before you even reach malchor’s leap.

People complain about Orr not having safe spots and being attacked all the time yet,
they forget this is where the WAR is concentrated Orr is a battle field not an exploration picnic organizing camping trip.

There is suppose to be danger at every corner you turn, safe places are suppose to be rare and far apart

would you leisurely walk around a WW2 battlefield and expect to be left alone smelling the roses ?

NO Of course NOT you’d be running for your life LOL !

Posted by: ituhata.6830

ituhata.6830

I do love this game, but so far Orr has been a buzzkill. The general feel is drab, gloomy, and depressing, and reminds me of dead rising without the comforts of a mall to lock yourself in or a tank to bulldoze a path through the infinite drones of mindless zombies.

I really feel like I stepped through the portal to the lost deimos base, or possibly like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owYk4TOddYY&feature=youtu.be&t=40s

This feeling is definitely solidified on the platform in Malchor’s Leap where there is a karma vendor I’m not sure how people talk to because it is perpetually overrun by waves of veteran risen mobs and trebuchet launchers. =P

Caelthras – Fort Aspenwood
3rd Flora Artillery Unit

lagrangeify.5641

The OP is free to say he loves the game, wonderfull by itself.

Others are entitled to say they got disapointed at 80, or because of any reason they would feel that.

This doesn’t mean the OP will be disapointed too, and no one is saying he is bound to be. Most just say that they were indeed.
Nothing offensive about that.

These forums are often very aggressive towards people saying negative things, which by itself gives me a bad feeling about the game.

And about Orr: it wouldn’t half as bad if downscaling worked as it should, and respawn rates everywhere were fixed.
This game wasn’t advertised with having only 1 real map to go to at 80, it was advertised with giving you the world…

Let’s recap – the OP came on here and had positive things to say. He then gets beat down by people evidently intent on telling him he knows nothing because he’s not got to Orr.

There are plenty of topics on this forum that reflect negative opinion, yet people with that frame of mind immediately flock to this one. Now you’re defending the nay sayers right to say “nay!” and it’s those who back the OP’s right to be positive that are the aggressors? Please, pull the other one it’s got bells on it.

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Let’s recap – the OP came on here and had positive things to say. He then gets beat down by people evidently intent on telling him he knows nothing because he’s not got to Orr.

There are plenty of topics on this forum that reflect negative opinion, yet people with that frame of mind immediately flock to this one. Now you’re defending the nay sayers right to say “nay!” and it’s those who back the OP’s right to be positive that are the aggressors? Please, pull the other one it’s got bells on it.

The opposite is also true: many posts with critisism are floaded by people saying the game is perfect as it is, and that the critical OP should go back to whatever other game…

I dislike both.

As I clearly stated in the post you quoted I am happy for the OP.
But this whole bickering back and forth is getting on my nerfs.
Both sides can be seen as aggressors if they’re unreasonable.

If you don’t see that critical posts get flocked by white knights as well, very often not bringing anything relevant to the post except their own love for the game in general, than you’re wearing shades.
I agree posts like this don’t need the negativity, but why write a post on a forum meant for feedback if you only expect the positive reactions?
Not saying the OP is saying that, I’m saying you are hinting that there shouldn’t be negative reactions…

My post was rather diplomatic in the sense that I understood both sides, and yet again you feel the need to come and tell me I’m biased.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I agree, GW2 is awesome from 1-40. However, you might change your mind, like I did, after you get past the beginning of the game.

I think Bloodtide Coast is the best zone in the game (minus the Inquest event there, no one likes or even bothers with it).

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

@Manifoldgodhead: Exactly this. I loved levelling my elementalist, but am stuck in Malchor’s Leap (she’s level 79 atm). I know I’m supposed to participate in the events that are all over the map but getting there is an exercise in frustration. Battling through hordes and hordes of undead that CC the crap out of me just to die in the event and do the whole thing all over again is NOT fun. The genius that came up with the idea of contested waypoints, thus blocking our only means of travel, deserves a kick in the backside.

GW2 is a great game and maybe there’s something I’m missing, but I play games to have fun. That’s why I’m going to give pandaville a try this weekend. I’ll definitely be back, though.

You could try heading to Frostgorge like I did at that level range. There are even heart quests, quaggans, and kodans there ^_^

Posted by: wollie.9751

wollie.9751

There’s no part of the game that’s underwhelming, well I would criticize the story I think they were pretty bland with only a few highlights, but I wasn’t expecting much there.

Orr is a great zone, and you can beat almost everything there solo or with the people you find there (groupless grouping ftw).

There are people who complain that Orr is to hard and some people say its to easy. Its all personal opinion and expectations. Get there and decide for yourself. But the great thing about this game is you can never set foot in Orr and still have access to all the other content in the game. There is no zone, map or mode you have to do to get to anything else. Its freedom.

P.S. Does it seem like the forums have gotten a lot nicer here lately?

Posted by: Bhuta.1480

Bhuta.1480

Yep ive been lvl80 for awhile now and played 250+ hrs and I still agree with you OP,not found myself bored or with nothing to do yet,still loving this game.

Posted by: Riyu.2103

Riyu.2103

if you want to have fun in this game, do not get level 80

lagrangeify.5641

The opposite is also true: many posts with critisism are floaded by people saying the game is perfect as it is, and that the critical OP should go back to whatever other game…

I dislike both.

As I clearly stated in the post you quoted I am happy for the OP.
But this whole bickering back and forth is getting on my nerfs.
Both sides can be seen as aggressors if they’re unreasonable.

If you don’t see that critical posts get flocked by white knights as well, very often not bringing anything relevant to the post except their own love for the game in general, than you’re wearing shades.
I agree posts like this don’t need the negativity, but why write a post on a forum meant for feedback if you only expect the positive reactions?
Not saying the OP is saying that, I’m saying you are hinting that there shouldn’t be negative reactions…

My post was rather diplomatic in the sense that I understood both sides, and yet again you feel the need to come and tell me I’m biased.

Oh no, I’m not hinting at anything. I’m saying that it’s very revealing if a little tiresomely routine, how people basically castigate the OP for daring to say that he’s enjoyed his time with the game. He basically gets told “you know nothing”, as though a huge proportion of the game has to be ignored because a few malcontents don’t like Orr.

And then you come along with a diatribe essentially about how those poor nay sayers don’t get a fair crack at the whip. And I’m saying that’s BS.

It’s a rum old world we live in when people who are content are essentially told they know nothing, and people who seem to find fault in so many places are considered experts. Rum indeed.

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

I’m level 80 and still having a great time…loving the game.

The Orr zones are meant for groups, or soloers who like a serious challenge (like…how many mobs can I kill solo while fighting this veteran mob? =D). If you just want to putz around, pretty much every other zone in the world will work…there’s tons to see and do. Sure, the Orr zones can be frustrating at times, but also very exciting and scary. It’s supposed to be a war against a massive army of undead…not a quiet, casual stroll through loot-land. I like the more complex vistas and the level of danger in those zones…but I certainly enjoy a break from them sometimes.

I love Frostgorge Sound, everyone should do that zone, especially if you don’t like Orr (or are just getting sick of it). I’m really hoping they add more level 80 content up in the north…those zones are stunning.

Posted by: Nyaochan.1756

Nyaochan.1756

There are plenty of other threads for them to do so in, yet they feel the need to come in to one that was meant for POSITIVE discussion and start spewing their negativity all over the place, which really isn’t needed.

Are we not allowed to have a thread about liking the game without a bunch of malcontents coming in and going “Oh, just wait until you hit 80…I’m SURE your opinion will change.”

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Are we not allowed to have a thread about liking the game without a bunch of malcontents coming in and going “Oh, just wait until you hit 80…I’m SURE your opinion will change.”

These are the same people who were saying “after level 40 your opinion will change” and it hasn’t happened yet for me, so I’m not expecting it to happen in twenty more levels either. The ending isn’t all some people wanted it to be … but Orr isn’t the whole game … if you don’t like it, there’s still 70 levels of world left to explore.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: BraxKedren.8941

BraxKedren.8941

I have read many comments in multiple locations about how the end-game is currently and I understand not everyone is having a great time at that point.

Posting that the game is bad because its hard at 80 to do an area because the game is too difficult or its broken doesn’t phase me in how much I like the game as I’ll make my own judgments based on my own experiences, just like you have.

As for my original post, this game is just way too much fun…and I agree with @Teknomancer.8475 about the traveling thing…i miss my long Karana runs and running from Gryphons

Noob in training

Posted by: ArmitageShanks.4718

ArmitageShanks.4718

Loving it too. I have a life so haven’t got to 80 yet. Bugs me that those who wear their 80’s as a badge of honour and get on their high horses saying game over for them. Game has barely been out for a month. There’s years of updates to come.

Posted by: Moderator.9672

Moderator.9672

merging

linuxfueled.6198

Guild Wars 2 is the wrong name for this game. It should be called “Charlie Sheen aka WINNING”. Finally a game that taxes my system resources. Beautiful animations and scenery. I won’t go calling this a Wow killer, rather a Wow bleeder. That’s what will happen to their player base over time if Arena Net keeps this game as is.

If you feel the need to put commercials on TV Arena net and drag the less than sophisticated masses in then please make easy mode servers or game options. When I see NPC attacking me and using some AI such as backing up and dodging that really makes my day. When the graphics at times make me feel as if I am playing some sort of anime show that’s awesome.

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

I have a level 80, and I still love this game. Also I’m not playing this game to a point of indigestion.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

I love the exploration aspect of this game. I’m still leveling so I haven’t been to a lot of areas yet – especially the super hard ones that I’ve read about. My highest is a level 50 Elementalist who reached Bloodtide Coast a few weeks ago. I am definitely struggling with him there because I simply don’t understand how the mobs work. Next is a level 46 Necromancer who just reached the same area. I’m curious to see how he handles the mobs there. So between exploration and my curiosity about the strengths and weaknesses of the various professions I still have a lot to do.

Someone posted that the game changes as you get into the higher level areas and I’m beginning to see that, if Bloodtide Coast is an omen of things to come.