I Don't Think We've Been Playing The Same Guildwars

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Notice the missing 2 its time for a little nostalgia.

If you’ve never played guildwars before this is going to confuse a little and I’m sorry but we’re going to be talking about the similarities in the gear mechanics in both games.

In Guildwars: Elite 15k Armour = 1.5k Armour.

They have the exact same stats, the only difference is the looks.
You have upgrades for your weapons, certain upgrades are worth more others because they are value for their small minor but invaluable modification.

the 20/20 set, 20 percent chance to half recharge time of spells of item’s attribute on focus and main hand. and using both means 40 percent chance this effect will trigger Mostly used by spell casters.

And the 15^50 for martial weapon users. Means deal 15 percent more damage whilst health is above 50. 15 is a pretty small number right? But people still want this for their martial weapon.

Now if you don’t understand this concept of gear + upgrade from playing guildwars, this is the reason why you’ve not reached rank 1 gladiator and why you’ve been losing in Fort Aspenwood, Random Arenas and Jade Quarry

Now Guildwars 2

Exotics =/= Rares.
Have a good look at exotic gear of the same trait and do the maths…
It’s been estimated that exotic gear gives a player a 13 – 20 percent increase in efficiency, Now what was the percentage for the Martial weapon? 15 percent.

If you wanted to play a conditioner, you’re going to get a rampager set because that increases your condition damage

If you want to play a spike build, you’re going to get the berserker set because that allows for you to hit harder and spike harder.

Do stats matter? Yes they help you play your role more effectively.
Do stats give you an upper hand? No they don’t they’re standardized, and if you meet someone of a lower eq tier than you, dont get arrogant, its you just have a small upperhand, it’ll still boil down to skill.

Now Im not a hardcore PVPer or a PVEer, Guildwars was a casual game for me, I enjoyed the story, I loved the PVP. The PVP is like no other PVP Ive experienced in any other game, the whole reason why you defeated someone else is because you were better than them (that or you used a gimmicky pvx wiki build which any intelligent player can counter) but it still boiled down to your skill and how you’ve set up your build because your gear is standardized.

Now do you think it boils down to just skill when its rares vs exotics, 13 – 20 percent difference, think about it.

Guildwars2 gear mechanic is not much different than this.
There is a base tier for you to be performing at the optimum level and that tier is called Exotic.

WvWvW still relies on your pve gear and I would love for people to be able to get the crafted exotic gears Draconic, Emblazoned, I forgot what the light armour is called.

but this is where sPVP got it right, it neutralized eq advantage completely to the point you have the freedom to adjust your gear according to what you need to be doing.

And frankly the PVP is one of the most enjoyable aspects of games from ArenaNet they do a wonderful job of a balancing
cough except for fort aspenwood when they decided its fair to let turtle seige attacks do full damage through walls cough

Its currently the only thing that keeps me playing Gw2 now its worth the time and it feels good.

Im not afraid of letting people having exotic in WvWvW so we can go head to head with absolutely zero gear advantage.

So there we go, Exotic and Rares are not the same, exotics is not the visually aesthetic version of rares , Exotics are the base gear you should have to be fully optimized and dungeon exotics are their “elite counter part” along with Legendaries.

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

You do know that you can get exotics for very little, right? It doesn’t require a ridiculous amount of time like you imply it does. A full set of exotics can be crafted, bought off the TP… or you could buy a set off a vendor for 8g 88s.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Rizzy.8293

You do know that you can get exotics for very little, right? It doesn’t require a ridiculous amount of time like you imply it does. A full set of exotics can be crafted, bought off the TP… or you could buy a set off a vendor for 8g 88s.

Of course its easy!
According to you, I suck at this game and Im already fully geared.
If I can do it, any noob can.

But this isn’t about how easy it is to attain Exotic gear, this is about how people keep thinking rares and exotics are the samething only one looks better.

DusK.3849

Nobody is saying they’re exactly the same. What many of us are saying, myself included, is that they’re no substitute for skill; that a good player in blues or even whites will be a much better person to bring into a dungeon run than some scrub in exotics who zergs, death-runs, and completely ignores support and control.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Tadzio.2173

Tadzio.2173

Of course its easy!

But this isn’t about how easy it is to attain Exotic gear, this is about how people keep thinking rares and exotics are the samething only one looks better.

I don’t know anyone who thinks that. Exotics have the best stats, over rares. It’s only Legendary quality that has the same stats as exotic.

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

Of course its easy!

I like that the concept has a positive spin to it, but I find it somewhat upsetting that people actually thought that. Funny at first perhaps, but now I’m sad.

Kind of like those websites that post actual exam answers from middle school kids.

Rizzy.8293

@Trade, Im not surprised really by people thinking they’re the same thing.
And think oh its only a 13 – 20 percent increase I don’t need it. :|

Posted by: Saga.1652

Saga.1652

Wait, what? Where can I buy a full set of exotic gear for 8g?

Rizzy.8293

Nah hes talking out of the wrong hole.
I have feeling hes not even 80 yet.

exotic gear goes from 12g to 18g depending on the stats you want with berserker being at the very highest.

Either that or you can grind wvwvw for tokens and get exotic gear that way

Normally by the time you hit 80 you’d have about 18gold in your bank if you arent a big spender

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

Posted by: Saga.1652

Saga.1652

exotic gear goes from 12g to 18g depending on the stats you want with berserker being at the very highest.

Either that or you can grind wvwvw for tokens and get exotic gear that way

Normally by the time you hit 80 you’d have about 18gold in your bank if you arent a big spender

Yeah I’ve been buying my set and some pieces go as high as 4g, usually 3.5g with the jewelry at 2.5g.

Rizzy.8293

@Saga, Good luck with that

Posted by: DirtyHoudini.2917

DirtyHoudini.2917

Nobody is saying they’re exactly the same. What many of us are saying, myself included, is that they’re no substitute for skill; that a good player in blues or even whites will be a much better person to bring into a dungeon run than some scrub in exotics who zergs, death-runs, and completely ignores support and control.

You really believe that? Gear is quite a big difference. If players are equally matched, gear will take the ruling. If someone is on a slight advantage with skill, the gear will take the ruling. Do you know how much health, damage, precision..ect you get from whites or blues going to exotics?

Yea this game takes skill for sure, but don’t over-exaggerate things, skill is not the #1 defining force here

DusK.3849

You’d be wrong there. Vigil exotic armor’s 8g 88s, I’d imagine it’s the same for all faction armor.

I know it’s asking a lot of you, but please educate yourself before spewing yourself.

Posted by: Dynellen.4739

Dynellen.4739

You’d be wrong there. Vigil exotic armor’s 8g 88s, I’d imagine it’s the same for all faction armor.

I know it’s asking a lot of you, but please educate yourself before spewing yourself.

The faction armor sets are rare…..

DusK.3849

The faction armor sets are rare…..

Ah, yes, you’re right. I recalled someone before saying T3 culturals were exotics, and I compared stats.

Still, the difference is extremely small. You’d have to be terribad to think that exotics are a “baseline”.

Rizzy.8293

You really believe that? Gear is quite a big difference. If players are equally matched, gear will take the ruling. If someone is on a slight advantage with skill, the gear will take the ruling. Do you know how much health, damage, precision..ect you get from whites or blues going to exotics?

Yea this game takes skill for sure, but don’t over-exaggerate things, skill is not the #1 defining force here

I offered someone who doesnt believe in your sentiments to come do explorable mode arah i me with a group of other people in nothing but white gear.

They declined.

Rizzy.8293

Dynellen.4739

The faction armor sets are rareā€¦..

I believe you said it best when you said.

Practice what you preach please

(edited by Rizzy.8293)