I FINALLY UNDERSTAND GW2

I FINALLY UNDERSTAND GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Trias.4538

Trias.4538

I purchased this game at release, super excited for a new MMO, some cool new things, a new world that wasn’t a wow expansion. I got the game, smashed the levels, jumping from zone to zone as fast as i could, hit 80 and then was seriously disappointed, I’ve leveled alts since then, on and off. Trying to get that same fix of a great game from leveling up as i first time but i didn’t, something wasn’t right. Was the game rubbish?

No!

The game was perfect and everything it should have been from the very beginning but i didn’t see it. Its not an MMO, its my story! The clues were there from the first intro but all this living world, its not content, its a freakin’ journey! Its an adventure, i can log in and be the absolute boss in this world, a commander of armies, i can feel amazing along my journey but its online and i can do all of that with others. Its a single player 10.000 + hour story game with the interaction and everything of an MMO. This is a redefinition of MMO. Why hasn’t this clicked for me until now! I’ve not even completed the vanilla story and Ive just got back into doing it and its revealed the meaning of this game.

Arena Net, Phenomenal job.

1 year, 10 months, 16 days of playing this game, quitting, playing and quitting i finally get it and it looks like I’ve got one hell of a journey ahead of me!

I FINALLY UNDERSTAND GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

And, the storyline is even better than you can see in simply leveling up a character or two. There are 30 independent storylines that you can follow (5 races times 3 paths for each race times 2 for different choices you can make). And, ALL of them have events and locations in the game outside the storylines.

For the first couple of mapping titles I got, I thought events and locations were simply interesting story material they dreamed up. But, playing through those other paths, I’m finding there is a tapestry of stories being weaved all over the low-level zones of Tyria.

It’s so good I’ve decided to play through ALL of the storyline missions (I have 8 paths left to take). And, it never fails to impress me how much depth they’ve written into core Tyria, especially in the tier 1 and tier 2 zones.

For example, in Queensdale there’s a mound of junk piled just south of Shaemoor. That pile of junk used to be a centaur boss from the starting mission for all human characters. There are tons of places all over the new-character zones that have these kinds of places. But, you won’t realize they were part of the story unless you play through.

I highly recommend playing at least one character of each race. But, if you can afford it, playing 3 of each race (up through the tier 2 missions) can be very interesting.