I LOVE GW2 as it is..who else does?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Grimrah.9256

Grimrah.9256

I personally wanted to start a thread about the great things GUILD WARS 2 is and what you love about the game. I love everything about it. I have not found one thing in the game that upset me or made me not enjoy the game for any reasons. I think the art work and the attention to detail is one of my favorite aspects. The way the Asura flips and changes the hand holding their staff while casting fire storm is just one of the things that shows what detail went into making the avatars feel like actual entities. I have a level 80 and he has yet to complete 35% of the world map in 3 months…there is just so much to see if you are really looking. I love that……..The attention to detail and style and game play and mechanics have been so enjoyable for me as a player. This topic is for things you LIKE about GW2 now please stay on TOPIC. TY

Posted by: Zimlobo.3962

Zimlobo.3962

I like exploring the map, completing jumping puzzles, working on my personal story and helping others with theirs, running events, and just playing with everyone. Overall I love this game and will be playing it for a long time. There’s just so much to do!

Posted by: Johnson.4867

Johnson.4867

I love having people crash during FOTM wasting my time making it all for nothing

I love grinding on hours doing the same thing over and over again that is ever so fun to get a legendary that doesn’t even look that cool for my weapon (long bow…cause Im not tryin to have no rainbow shooting kitten bow)

I love how long it takes to find a group for your specific lvl of FTOM if you choose not to use gw2lfg.com

I love how everytime you want to salvage something thats not poop you have to click a dialog box

I love that when you do get a group together people cant seem to NOT stand in the fire…..its like they’ve never played a video game before…maybe their old people? (cause we all know adults are bad at raiding/dungeons 90% of the time…sorry, its the truth… anyone who disagrees just doesn’t wanna look like an kitten
and for this ^^^ don’t say “well take the time to teach them” i will teach someone how to do something 100 times and they just don’t get it…there is no hope for these people…like how hard is it to just FOLLOW me…like stack on me….some people just don’t get it….poor things.

I love when Magg YELLS in your ear from that sound bug they STILL haven’t fixed.

I love how no one ever does story mode anymore

I love how the community is serperated due to FoTM lvls

ex: LFG fotm lvl 2
lfg fotm lvl 13
lfg fotm lvl 7

I love how you have like 0 bank space without wasting your hard earned gold on gems or using IRL money….i could buy gems all day ( i would ) but the game isn’t that promising for me to want to invest in it…..

I love how once you DO get your legendary and have your ascended gear you’re back to square one with nothing to do unless you like farming……..? but who like farming? and if you like farming you just have no social life…sorry.

forgot to add: I love having like 13 FPS in WvW on a decent computer and knowing that the game STILL isn’t optimized very well.

(edited by Johnson.4867)

Posted by: JumblyJebus.5903

JumblyJebus.5903

It is the best MMO!
Like to achieve prestigious gear? Fractals! And the gear is not even hard to get, just do level 10 everyday. But you can also go as high level as you can for more of that prestigious feel!

World bosses, dungeons, map completion for your PvE needs!

s/tPvP for your competetive needs!

WvW for your casual yet still competetive needs!

MORE AND MORE TO COME IN THE FUTURE!

Posted by: JumblyJebus.5903

JumblyJebus.5903

Don’t listen to the guy above my first post there. He’s just one of the people that constantly spam hate yet won’t move on from the game. We don’t need you sir, and no, there actually is no grind in the game if you don’t want there to be.

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

I loved how they will have big updates every month and they have teased at January and February being bigger than December’s update. :O

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: Johnson.4867

Johnson.4867

Don’t listen to the guy above my first post there. He’s just one of the people that constantly spam hate yet won’t move on from the game. We don’t need you sir, and no, there actually is no grind in the game if you don’t want there to be.

have fun sitting in LA with your full exotic set not knowing what to do with yourself if you dont want to “grind”

i really don’t hate grinding, its just the absurdness of grinding the legendary…It seems like less effort (speaking in past tense) to get into a guild and down illidan pre-patch when it was hard than to get the legendary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PddmL4FROUY

Posted by: HyDraLiNsK.2470

HyDraLiNsK.2470

have fun sitting in LA with your full exotic set not knowing what to do with yourself if you dont want to “grind”

i really don’t hate grinding, its just the absurdness of grinding the legendary…It seems like less effort (speaking in past tense) to get into a guild and down illidan pre-patch when it was hard than to get the legendary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PddmL4FROUY

Here’s an idea for you chief, if you don’t like GW, don’t play it.

Go outside, go play another game, go grind for some tail instead of legendary gear.

Go do something with your life other than cry over things you cannot change.

Some of us didn’t dump 600 hours in 3 months into this game fyi, some of us don’t even have 100% world completion yet, and are months and months away from “Standing in LA with full exotics not knowing what to do with myself.”

“This rose has thorns…. here they are!!”

(edited by HyDraLiNsK.2470)

Posted by: tonyl.5063

tonyl.5063

Right now, GW2 is fine as it is.

When the reality that players are finite, that not everyone is going to be leveling alts nonstop, and that scaling levels down in a top heavy game only locks the people who are actually that level out of the content because of how the community works, you know, the stuff MMORPG developers still can’t seem to grasp after 20 years, then this game is going to need A LOT of work.

Posted by: Half Tooth.1867

Half Tooth.1867

Things I love about this game:

The concept art as loading screens. I love looking at concept art, and I especially love the art of the Guild Wars team, you guys are simply amazing! The only thing I’d change is that more popular places like the main cities would have more than one image to cycle through. It would increase the file size of the game, but I wouldn’t care

The Sylvari Would wouldn’t want to play a glow in the dark tree? I think the balance of the sylvari is just right, you can make them resemble the familiar form the human if you want, or you can go waaaay out there and be a really abstract human themed tree. Love the colour ranges too, can make your character (not just sylvari) a wide choice of colours.

Can re-dye your armor and any point Love this feature! It helps keep armor feeling different especially when you can’t afford to keep buying new armor. I am generally quite happy experimenting with colours for hours before settling on something

Jumping Puzzles So fun, and sometimes completely unexpected. You’re just happily exploring then you find a cave, start jumping to explore more and then realise you’re in the middle of a puzzle

Diving spotsAs fun as jumping puzzles, especially when you don’t expect to find one!

Meteor Shower This skill never gets old for me, never. You can never have enough meteors and if the people around you aren’t on fire, you’re doing it wrong. >:)

Crafting Crafting is so satisfying, I love being self sufficient, going out finding and hording things to craft with later. The main downside to crafting is that 6 out of 8 of them require the same kinds of fine crafting materials which makes keeping up with the demand difficult, whilst I then have surpless amounts of gems and carrots.
Cheffing is so fun for some reason discovering I can make various cookies and chocolate coated fruit was really exciting

I’ll add some more things when I think of some more

Posted by: Necrochild.1497

Necrochild.1497

Where as there are issues that need to be fixed, and I think that more continuing content is mandatory, the state of the game is a good state, and I really enjoy playing.

I think the outrage in these forums is evidence of this. I feel that the “issues” that people get up in arms about makes the game look good, at least in comparison to every other MMORPG that I’ve played.

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

I loved GW2. That is, the game were sold and had access to until the 15th, when they did the SWG NGE-style fail update and changed it into Grind Wars 2.

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

I Absolutely LOVE this game. So much hate for little things that will get fixed in the long run. Seriously, if anyone doesnt like whats going on on GW2 then just play something else and dont waste precious time barfing about it. GW2 is not for everyone, but I tell you this, I have NEVER seen such incredible artists and such imagination put into any game ever made.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

In it’s overall, general philosophy, I like it. I hope things don’t go the way of NGE or Realm Reborn, but time will tell.

Having said that, there are some mechanics that I’d love to see changed. At the top of my list is armor skinning and town clothes. And yes, I do wear town clothes out in the world and would wear them more if there were more variety. The fact that you can hot key switching in and out of town clothes easily now, plus being able to hit your ‘weapon swap’ key (whether you can weapon swap or not) forcing you out of your town clothes, even if not hot keyed, into your fighting garb, the segregation still has a place.

Now, what do I want changed? Simple!

1. Transmutation stones are fine as is with one exception. The first time you pick a ‘source’ as the visual (top part) that should be memorized on the character like a dye (and I’m fine with per character, they gotta make ‘some’ money on TStones).

2. Once you have a ‘skin dye’ memorized, you can apply it any time you want without needing a stone, just like you can change the color of your clothes every 3 ft, if you so choose.

3. I suppose the same would work with weapons, though I haven’t put a lot of thought in it since I like rather plain weapons.

4. Town clothes would work similar, except when you buy or acquire a town clothing piece, you double-click it to ‘memorize’ the look (like a dye), and then you ‘color’ your town outfit slots with whatever look you want, on the fly. This has the important benefit of (when we do get 32,000 town outfits some day…yay!) making sure I don’t have to buy $23,488 worth of bag space. Town clothing become more like dyes (just like proposed armor skins), and physical town clothing goes away. Your town clothing ‘slots’ now just become things you target in your paper doll to apply a town clothing look to.

And I ‘see’ all those wonderful NPC outfits that already exist, and I know there are clipping issues, but you could implement them as multi-slot outfits. You apply the town look to your chest piece, and it over writes everything with one look. Like TSW does with some of theirs (and I don’t understand the agro over them, but I digress). Seems like it would be an easy way to get ‘some’ things out there.

Of course, my “armor skin and town clothing as dye like entities” idea is a big over haul. But there you go, those are the types of things I focus on, because the core game is more or less fine to me (unless they go NGE/Realm Reborn on us).

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Yes, OP, I love the game as it is too.

I have yet to get a character past level 35, but really enjoy doing my daily, exploring the zones completely, and advancing my crafting, and the storyline.

When I ask for help with something in chat, there are usually about 2-3 people who immediately offer to help. It’s really a great community.

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I love having people crash during FOTM wasting my time making it all for nothing

I love grinding on hours doing the same thing over and over again that is ever so fun to get a legendary that doesn’t even look that cool for my weapon (long bow…cause Im not tryin to have no rainbow shooting kitten bow)

I love how long it takes to find a group for your specific lvl of FTOM if you choose not to use gw2lfg.com

I love how everytime you want to salvage something thats not poop you have to click a dialog box

I love that when you do get a group together people cant seem to NOT stand in the fire…..its like they’ve never played a video game before…maybe their old people? (cause we all know adults are bad at raiding/dungeons 90% of the time…sorry, its the truth… anyone who disagrees just doesn’t wanna look like an kitten
and for this ^^^ don’t say “well take the time to teach them” i will teach someone how to do something 100 times and they just don’t get it…there is no hope for these people…like how hard is it to just FOLLOW me…like stack on me….some people just don’t get it….poor things.

I love when Magg YELLS in your ear from that sound bug they STILL haven’t fixed.

I love how no one ever does story mode anymore

I love how the community is serperated due to FoTM lvls

ex: LFG fotm lvl 2
lfg fotm lvl 13
lfg fotm lvl 7

I love how you have like 0 bank space without wasting your hard earned gold on gems or using IRL money….i could buy gems all day ( i would ) but the game isn’t that promising for me to want to invest in it…..

I love how once you DO get your legendary and have your ascended gear you’re back to square one with nothing to do unless you like farming……..? but who like farming? and if you like farming you just have no social life…sorry.

forgot to add: I love having like 13 FPS in WvW on a decent computer and knowing that the game STILL isn’t optimized very well.

Pls read the OP´s topic because your entire comment is irrelevant,if you want to continue complaining better go to another thread since this one is obviously not meant for people Who dont like gw2,as it was obvious in the thread title,as it was obvious in what the OP said.But you still want to show off what a complete tool you are by ignoring these things and showing your pessimistic crap,wich not alot of people but yourself careabout anyways.

Posted by: Leaf.3156

Leaf.3156

Pls read the OP´s topic because your entire comment is irrelevant,if you want to continue complaining better go to another thread since this one is obviously not meant for people Who dont like gw2,as it was obvious in the thread title,as it was obvious in what the OP said.But you still want to show off what a complete tool you are by ignoring these things and showing your pessimistic crap,wich not alot of people but yourself careabout anyways.

Please realize that this is a DISCUSSION board. A discussion usually has multiple sides. If there’s only one side, it’s not a discussion but an agreement.

That being said, GW2 has a very solid base but require some serious polish in major parts of the game.

-Class balance: Thieves, Guardians, and Mesmers are the undisputed gods of PvP. In PvE, class balance is slightly less important, but having PvP dominated by three professions is a bad thing.

Which brings me to number two:
-Stealth has no mechanical counters. There is no stealth detection, you can finish people while stealthed, taking damage or using movement/teleportation skills does not reveal you. It’s ruining WvWvW. I’m looking mainly at Shadow Refuge here.

-Population spread:
The appropriately named FotM was the final nail in the coffin for this. Everyone just sits in LA spamming LFG FotM since it’s the single best place to get items and money, and finding a party to explore a zone or do any dungeons except FotM, CoF, or AC takes longer than completing the dungeon itself does. Making FotM a part of the monthly achievement again did not help.

I could go on, but the point is clear. The base game is fantastic, and I could not go back to the old MMO questing format, but there are some serious issues which prevent the game as a whole from being truly great.

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

After getting two characters to 80, I love a lot of the big things about the game, although there are a number of small things that I do not love.

Love:
1) The visuals and sound – both very pleasant
2) Being encouraged to explore
3) Being encouraged to help others rather than view them as annoyances (no kill stealing, no resource node stealing, exp for reviving, etc)
4) The variety of classes that play in unique ways
5) The little bits of lore and humor sprinkled about everywhere
6) Many, many other things

Do not love:
1) Persistent bugs with particular situations/skills. Most frustrating in my own experience have been the necromancer minion AI bug and the teleport randomly failing bug.
2) Server-side culling. Usually most problematic in WvW, but was very annoying during the Karka event as well.
3) Active management of the game. Constantly fluctuating item drop rates, whether in the positive or negative direction, do bad things to the market.

As you can see, the things I love are broad, overarching mechanics and content that I encounter every time I play. The things I don’t love are comparatively small pieces of the bigger picture.