Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Thankee, Anet for the great Kite!

Attachments:

I Love the Kite!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Where did you get that from?! I want one!!! Is it permanent?

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Why didn’t I get mine yet?

:(

… I still want tengu.

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I got a lightning one.
I actually thought it was the back piece till I realized it was an actual kite.
It’s pretty cool, thanks Anet. Now I go back to whoopin this drunk Norn.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Fox Reeveheart.1890

Fox Reeveheart.1890

Yes I would like to know how you got the kite.

i heard you had to buy gems during a certain time period, which I did buy gems to get the dragon bash mini pack with real money!

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

If you bought gems through store or redeemed a gem card from April – June you get one! Cool. It will be for sale in the store too.

Lightning one looks very cool too!

(edited by Aerinndis.2730)

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Kind of dumb that they are limiting the time of gem purchases. I bought $60+ worth of gems since launch and if I didn’t buy any in the last 3 months I wouldn’t have gotten this?

… I still want tengu.

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

Kind of dumb that they are limiting the time of gem purchases. I bought $60+ worth of gems since launch and if I didn’t buy any in the last 3 months I wouldn’t have gotten this?

Not really dumb at all, actually.

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

I hope you can stack kites so you can have 3+ kites on you at once

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

Not dumb at all, really smart move by Anet. More people will buy gems now because of all the free gifts , more $$$ for them!

I Love the Kite!

Doggie.3184

Not for free at least. They’ll be available to everyone eventually to buy in gem store.

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Are ‘presents’ for buying gems with real money going to be the norm now? Am I the only one with a bad feeling about this?

I’m perfectly okay with it if Anet actually comes out and says it. Just put it in the gem store; “buy gems with real money this month and get a complimentary x!” But hiding the exact dates until after the fact seems a bit ethically dubious.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

I Love the Kite!

Doggie.3184

Are ‘presents’ for buying gems with real money going to be the norm now? Am I the only one with a bad feeling about this?

You can use gold too.

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

You are most definitely not.

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

They need to fix the Asura kite because it clips into the ground and generally looks unappealing. If it would trail behind you a little bit higher instead of directly on your back that might work.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Nope, you are not the only one. Soon we’ll see weapon/armor skins for people for regularly buy gems >.>

I Love the Kite!

Sarrs.4831

You can use gold too.

You can’t use gold to buy gems and be eligible for Anet’s presents. You have to buy gems with real money. I’ve bought at least a few things using Gold->Gems lately but didn’t get anything.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Fox Reeveheart.1890

Fox Reeveheart.1890

ok i checked, i bought gems on june 22nd, 10 bucks worth, yet I have no kite, what gives?

nvm, JUST got it

I Love the Kite!

Doggie.3184

ok i checked, i bought gems on june 22nd, 10 bucks worth, yet I have no kite, what gives?

If it’s as the Holograph pets were they’re not sent out all at same time~ just have to wait. It took quite a while back then for me to get my mini pets when they first popped up.

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Interesting. If I had known, I probably would have bought some gems. But I didn’t know, so I didn’t. And I don’t think I will on the chance that I just might get a free gift in the future. If I buy gems, it will be for something I really want.

That said, the kites are pretty awesome, and I might look into getting one.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Thanks for the nice surprise Anet. I was in the middle of a race and wondering why I got a mail. I forgot to check it when I was done. I saw someone later with a kite and I knew I had to get one. I started searching the Gem store and the TP. I was getting frustrated then I checked my mail. Thank you!

Attachments:

The Burninator

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

Nope, you are not the only one. Soon we’ll see weapon/armor skins for people for regularly buy gems >.>

Guys, it’s a kite. It does nothing. Settle down.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

Thank you Anet for this amazing gift, really make me respect you more for this kind of importance you gave to us. Thanks you and GG

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Dumb how? People getting rewarded for purchasing gems with real money/credit is fairly smart. People bludging off those who are supporting Anet through their financial efforts, whether that’s the intention or not, and are receiving nothing seems pretty fair to me. There are plenty of other examples of both in the wider world.

Having said that, I don’t know why they wouldn’t have advertised this promotion. If they did I didn’t see it.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

This was a very nice and unexpected gift, Anet. Thanks! I really respond to and appreciate gestures like this. It was nice to show your appreciation for the loyalty of your customers.

Unfortunately there are always those who can think of nothing but themselves. It’s sad, really. Anet thought it was a nice gesture to give some people who recently spent money to support their game a gift. A useless, yet fun, gift. But some people are worried that if this becomes a trend they might miss out on something they think is really cool? How selfish can you get? Nevermind that this kite will be available in the gem store where you could gasp spend some real money to buy it, it’s just astonishing how some people here can really be that selfish.

Anet, thank you. I hope you ignore people that are actually turning this into anything but a nice thing you didn’t have to do for some of your customers.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Dumb how? People getting rewarded for purchasing gems with real money/credit is fairly smart. People bludging off those who are supporting Anet through their financial efforts, whether that’s the intention or not, and are receiving nothing seems pretty fair to me. There are plenty of other examples of both in the wider world.

Having said that, I don’t know why they wouldn’t have advertised this promotion. If they did I didn’t see it.

They don’t have to, you are doing it for them. It’s the best kind of advertising- word of mouth. And they only had to give people a few pixels to get free advertising.

The mini pets started it, which people told other people about, so a few more people bought gems recently. Now there is this, which will cause a few more people to buy gems in the hopes of getting the next gift.

Decent marketing strategy for the Gem Store. Saves them an advertising budget, and people think that Anet is doing something selfless.

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

This was a very nice and unexpected gift, Anet. Thanks! I really respond to and appreciate gestures like this. It was nice to show your appreciation for the loyalty of your customers.

Unfortunately there are always those who can think of nothing but themselves. It’s sad, really. Anet thought it was a nice gesture to give some people who recently spent money to support their game a gift. A useless, yet fun, gift. But some people are worried that if this becomes a trend they might miss out on something they think is really cool? How selfish can you get? Nevermind that this kite will be available in the gem store where you could gasp spend some real money to buy it, it’s just astonishing how some people here can really be that selfish.

Anet, thank you. I hope you ignore people that are actually turning this into anything but a nice thing you didn’t have to do for some of your customers.

I am not disappointed at all that I did not receive one (Even though I am poor and jobless, so I could not have bought gems if I wanted to) as the kite would have been a “Oh, this is cool” type of item that I would have played around with for an hour before deleting it as I do not need useless cosmetic items taking up bank space or inventory space.

Also, the kite defies gravity :I

Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

I Love the Kite!

zenleto.6179

They don’t have to, you are doing it for them. It’s the best kind of advertising- word of mouth. And they only had to give people a few pixels to get free advertising.

The mini pets started it, which people told other people about, so a few more people bought gems recently. Now there is this, which will cause a few more people to buy gems in the hopes of getting the next gift.

Decent marketing strategy for the Gem Store. Saves them an advertising budget, and people think that Anet is doing something selfless.

Very true.

A small line somewhere, sometime about this, though, would have let them to squeeze a bit more from people who waiver a little on gem purchases.

I worked way too long in retail…

I Love the Kite!

JustTrogdor.7892

I’ve already found a good RP use for mine. Leading a charge into battle with my kite. Then dying first just like the drummer boys.

The Burninator

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Undertaker.2731

Undertaker.2731

I’ve bought 1x 1600 gems and 1x 800 gems last week, got the kite.

So relax people, because the kite will most likely be the same as the mini pets box = 500 gems, so i guess better to buy the one time 800 gems pack to get your kite then spend more money just to hope you get it for “free”.

I Love the Kite!

Sarrs.4831

The kite doesn’t really worry me, it’s the trend that could come out of it. Unannounced bonus items which you can’t anticipate, or even know if they’re going to happen… It smells like a bit of a dodgy practice to me if it does turn into a trend.

Of course, if it doesn’t turn into a trend, then my concerns aren’t much more than hot air. But with two ‘presents’ in such quick succession, I don’t think it’s unreasonable skepticism.

Very true.

A small line somewhere, sometime about this, though, would have let them to squeeze a bit more from people who waiver a little on gem purchases.

Why small, if I can ask? I don’t see why not to go big. Make it one of the banners in the gem store; “buy x worth of gems this month, get a free kite”.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Love the kite – ty so much!!

and very cool that you can use it while transformed or dancing <3

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Kind of disappointed that we can’t choose which kite we got.

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

Love mine! Wanted the Wind one but got the Lightning one instead. Its free though, so I’m happy!

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: nahla.7138

nahla.7138

Very cool. Got the Wind Kite. Thanks!

GW2 is NOT “free to play”! It’s “buy to play”!
I need a good guild. Q_Q

I Love the Kite!

zenleto.6179

The kite doesn’t really worry me, it’s the trend that could come out of it. Unannounced bonus items which you can’t anticipate, or even know if they’re going to happen… It smells like a bit of a dodgy practice to me if it does turn into a trend.

Of course, if it doesn’t turn into a trend, then my concerns aren’t much more than hot air. But with two ‘presents’ in such quick succession, I don’t think it’s unreasonable skepticism.

Very true.

Why small, if I can ask? I don’t see why not to go big. Make it one of the banners in the gem store; “buy x worth of gems this month, get a free kite”.

That’s still small in my opinion. People don’t read signs. Big is plastering that all over the Gem store, these forums, other forums, game sites etc. That’s over the top really for this reward. So just small, I reckon.

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Kyven.7514

Kyven.7514

Thank you Anet, I love the kite!

Edit: Someone said upthread that the kite defies gravity. True…but I just pretend that someone put a spell on it to make it permanently float or something. Doesn’t bother me.

Lareswen-Human Warrior/Zinnia Epsilon-Asura Mesmer
The Tyrian Institute (TI)
One of the few Americans on Gunnar’s Hold (EU)

(edited by Kyven.7514)

I Love the Kite!

JustTrogdor.7892

Kind of disappointed that we can’t choose which kite we got.

Yeah I’m disappointed they gave me anything at all. O_o

The Burninator

I Love the Kite!

Sarrs.4831

That’s still small in my opinion. People don’t read signs. Big is plastering that all over the Gem store, these forums, other forums, game sites etc. That’s over the top really for this reward. So just small, I reckon.

Fair enough. The ticker gets a pretty good amount of exposure, I think, as it’s pretty much the first thing you see when you press ‘o’, so I put it in the ‘big’ box.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Kastafall.5329

Kastafall.5329

I still have not gotten my kite, and i bought 800 gems 4 days ago. Did i meet the deadline or not.

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Niko.8901

Niko.8901

We loooove the kites so much! Thanks Anet!

Attachments:

Otto Maggic ~Toasty
(sorry, I don’t give much wxp)

I Love the Kite!

zenleto.6179

I still have not gotten my kite, and i bought 800 gems 4 days ago. Did i meet the deadline or not.

Have you cleared your mail?

I Love the Kite!

Kastafall.5329

Yes, i have cleared my mail. It is currently sitting at 0/10.

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: courin.2314

courin.2314

I love the Kite as well, but most of all, I love that you guys appreciate the way your players support the game, and surprise us like this!

Cheers!

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Free stuff is always nice but now it’s another storage slot being used up permanently.

As for the people complaining.

If there was something you wanted you could have bought it but you didn’t. If there wasn’t anything you wanted then you shouldn’t have wasted any money just for the free which you could just buy directly. Probably after tomorrow’s update.

If you want the kite enough to complain then there is obviously an item you do want, maybe you should buy this one or you could just keep repeating the cycle of not buying then complaining about not getting free stuff.

I Love the Kite!

JustTrogdor.7892

They send them in waves like they did the minis last time. For some it took a day or so.

The Burninator

I Love the Kite!

Kastafall.5329

They send them in waves like they did the minis last time. For some it took a day or so.

Okay, thank you very much for telling me!

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

My mail said April 1st thru June 30th.

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: tasha.4176

tasha.4176

Thanks so much Anet! it made my day.

I Love the Kite!

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

I love my kite it’s so cute! I got the blue air one and I love how it follows me around =D

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.