I Suggest Making Recipes Account Wide

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: IckleOwlet.6591

IckleOwlet.6591

It just doesn’t make sense for them NOT to be. If dyes are account wide now, why not recipes? I just accidentally spent a recipe on the wrong character, and since there’s no way to salvage the situation- I’m pretty miffed. I’m not blaming anyone (I was distracted at the time, logged onto the wrong character and wasn’t paying attention) but it just seems like it’d make more sense for them to be account wide. (It was one of the ambrite weapon recipes, I’m not looking forward to farming geodes for that again..)

Posted by: Galeskyring.9617

Galeskyring.9617

This would be nice, since some recipes are locked behind timed walls, points of history through events we can no longer acquire them, cause not all of the old event ones were tradable.

It also is uncomfortable for players who dislike juggling characters just to reach recipes they unlocked on that char i am sure, even if they master crafts on another char, those recipes are tied down to the one that learned them sadly.

Honor, Kindness, Patience, are Virtues; Virtues are practiced~ Loyalty & respect are earned

Regard others as you would normally, the internet is not justification for mistreating others

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

This seems like a worthwhile idea.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Yeah for drop/vendor recipes that would be good, but for discovered recipes not. Discoveries are important way for many to level their alts.

Posted by: Galeskyring.9617

Galeskyring.9617

Yeah for drop/vendor recipes that would be good, but for discovered recipes not. Discoveries are important way for many to level their alts.

Agreed, but yeah for the event based recipes, not learned ones from the discovery panel would be nice to get changed to account wide.

Honor, Kindness, Patience, are Virtues; Virtues are practiced~ Loyalty & respect are earned

Regard others as you would normally, the internet is not justification for mistreating others

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

Oh my goodness yes.

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

Always found it strange that some are soulbound. The horror of accidentally buying a recipe on the wrong character.

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Posted by: Naivea.5238

Naivea.5238

How about making crafting in general account wide?

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Account-wide “acquired recipes” = yes.
Crafting in general account-wide = no.