I am becoming concerned

I am becoming concerned

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mhenlu.8970

Mhenlu.8970

There are a number of things I am recently becoming concerned about as it relates to both my current enjoyment of the game and hopes for playing in the future. Many of the zones that were once filled with events and people are now unpopulated and thus quite dull to be in. Events that were supposed to be fun and titanic (The one time lost shores event most recently) end up lasting less than 12 hours and getting abused by players who worked themselves into new instances in order to reap double or triple rewards while many of those who have jobs or families were cut off before being able to see the event fully even once. You add content like the fractals which offers rewards way beyond other dungeons and open world events, contributing to the abandonment of these area’s.

But the 2 things I am most concerned about are how casually you change loot or droprates with seemingly little to no regard for the impact on the market and players. The trading post is utterly chaotic with regards to prices, and it seems to be having a pretty negative impact on players who want progression on things like legendaries, which supposedly will become a bit easier to obtain as we are told, yet seeing the material prices skyrocket beyond control.

Most alarming to me however is the forums themselves. I cannot speak for other players, obviously, but I myself come to the forums to see get information on the game, to find news, and to keep current on the happenings in the game. But all I see is a sea of unhappy players, most with pretty valid concerns (Like where is the rewards told to those disconnected during lost shores that was used to soften the rage at how that was handled? Why does anet employee’s tell people fractal rejoining is being looked at 15 days ago, then saying its fixed, but still hasnt been patched when you obviously have no qualms about hotfixing dyes or other things that impact the gem market. Why are player concerns about droprates and loot going ignored with 400 post threads while moderators casually post on threads with 4 replies over trivial things?) There hasnt been any updates since mid November, if the announcements thread is to be believed.

Im having a hard time figuring out if im a blind fanboy by continuing to play and this game is getting so bad even you guys are afraid to comment, or if you are truly working to do something about these players concerns.
From someone who wants this game to be great, please, do something so I know which it is.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: AuldWolf.7598

AuldWolf.7598

It’s basically going the same way as WAR. A number of people, myself included, saw this possibility in the beta. By centring the game around a gear grind as they have, they’re forcing people into high level areas, which means that all zones other than the current stat darling (fractals) will be empty.

People have been posting pictures of completely empty zones where every waypoint that can be contested is, in fact, contested. People are too busy grinding away in the fractals, and due to the waypoint travel tax, they don’t want to pay in order to help out with anything else.

The same thing happened in WAR due to vertical progression. And within six months, WAR was dead. To be honest, the parallels between WAR and GW2 are quite surprising. It’s almost like a cloned game in some respects. And even PvP fans are falling out of love with the PvP, just like in WAR.

I give this game another three months before NCsoft realises there’s something wrong and cuts funding to it. After a year, it’ll be on life support. By its second year it’ll go the way of CoH.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’m wondering if my excitement for this title was misplaced as well.

These aren’t just bad luck or being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There’s no such thing as a completely random loot table algorithm, people suggesting that really don’t know the inner workings of mathematics in their current state. Mathematically, we have been unable to produce an equation that is completely randomized and they definitely do not use such algorithms in games like these, so when it comes to loot there is always a manipulation of +-. Anyone who says otherwise doesn’t know what they are talking about.

Secondly, their silence is either on purpose because they know they did something wrong, on purpose because they made a huge boo boo in manipulating the loot tables and don’t want to confirm it for the public with an apology, or on purpose because they did it to actually make people buy more gold directly from them with the gems. All three are wrong, we need an answer so we can get it resolved and ignoring it won’t make it go away. It’s far too wide spread a problem. My husband hasn’t seen a single unid dye since they made this change and all he gets are whites while leveling his ranger.

And finally, why is it that we can’t get word on what’s happening with the glaring problems in classes like Engineers for example? I follow the devs forums all the time and have seen nothing regarding engineer bugs misses and kit’s underpowered issues at all.

0 communication makes us all think you don’t care for the concerns of your customers.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Zeppelin.6832

Zeppelin.6832

I give this game another three months before NCsoft realises there’s something wrong and cuts funding to it. After a year, it’ll be on life support. By its second year it’ll go the way of CoH.

It’s kind of funny that you made the comparison. CoH struggled with subscriptions specifically because they had no vertical progression.

While it’s true that maybe 15 years from now, there won’t be a GW2, if you think any company is going to immediately trash a mostly good product that they spent millions developing because a few kids don’t like 1 thing about it, you’re living in a fantasy land.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

If you’re seeing empty zones, consider changing servers. I’ve been on two different servers in my time on GW2 (which started during the three-day headstart), and I have yet to encounter a single empty zone or an event that did not have plenty of people involved to beat it.

As far as the Ascended items are concerned, do what a large majority of us do…ignore it. Having or not having those items doesn’t affect how we play the game at all. I don’t think that this will change.

A year from now, I think this game will be doing fine.

Try to relax. It’s just a game. And, at this point, it is what you make of it.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Covered a lot of points i was feeling, i was thinking reading it that GW2 has changed, in BEta it felt like an episode of friends. Comunication back and forth a feeling that we were part of a team.

Now the game feels like an episode of Sienfield NO LOOT FOR YOU, we keep being told the devs are reading all our comments but any thread pointing out the horrible state of feedback to the players get closed.

If Anet had spent less on people to close and delete posts and more on people to talk to their customers perhaps their customers would be happier?

Ulfar SOR

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Reaver.9256

Reaver.9256

Why would people think this game was dieing when the servers are packed? They have already stated that GW2 has surpassed all expectations from a selling point. Not to mention that the jan and feb updates sound great and will get even more people to play. Game is going to be well funded for a long long time.

I am becoming concerned

Zeppelin.6832

These aren’t just bad luck or being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There’s no such thing as a completely random loot table algorithm, people suggesting that really don’t know the inner workings of mathematics in their current state. Mathematically, we have been unable to produce an equation that is completely randomized and they definitely do not use such algorithms in games like these, so when it comes to loot there is always a manipulation of +-. Anyone who says otherwise doesn’t know what they are talking about.

While it is true that computers can’t make completely random samples, the number of iterations you’d have to go through in order to prove that it’s not random is much, much, much higher than any 1 player could ever sample. Even then, it’s still mostly random. What people notice is when the ’s actually change, i.e. going from a 50 probability to 25%. To blame the dye roll on the lack of “randomness” that a computer is able to achieve doesn’t mean very much.

I am becoming concerned

Zeppelin.6832

Why would people think this game was dieing when the servers are packed? They have already stated that GW2 has surpassed all expectations from a selling point. Not to mention that the jan and feb updates sound great and will get even more people to play. Game is going to be well funded for a long long time.

Because they want to complain about 1 thing, so therefore the entire game is doomed. People are still saying that “this patch will kill WoW”.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

It’s kind of funny that you made the comparison. CoH struggled with subscriptions specifically because they had no vertical progression.

While it’s true that maybe 15 years from now, there won’t be a GW2, if you think any company is going to immediately trash a mostly good product that they spent millions developing because a few kids don’t like 1 thing about it, you’re living in a fantasy land.

They won’t trash it immediately but then they sold a lot more copies of the game than they expected so they might’ve gotten their investment back already. At that stage it becomes a matter of cash shop returns. As long as people spend cash there it’s all good, as soon as that spending goes down, well, who knows what that means.

Now, I don’t expect this game to disappear in the next year or so, but 15 years would be quite an achievement for any game. I suspect this game will be small time within a year though. I don’t think it really offers enough compared to other games.

One big mistake is that the replay value of the story line is virtually 0. It’s just a bad simplistic story with too many levels between quests. I don’t even want to talk about the terribad voice acting.

You see it’s all good and well to go from level 20 max to level 80 max, but then you should really make the leveling experience interesting enough. All races should’ve been able to level to 80 in their own zones. I’ve been in the human and norn zones as much as possible because I like em better but it got boring after 2 level 80s. The overlap killed the replay value.

What gets me then is that they spent an enormous amount on building a huge persistent world, but each zone has too few activities by itself and now they make sure everybody is stuck in a dungeon, making the whole persistent world empty. Add to that the drop rates, events that require more people that cannot be done, contested waypoints and you end up wondering why spend so much time on building a persistent world if you’re gonna push people out of them 3 months after the game is live….

And now they said themselves that they pushed out Lost Shores too quickly and that it was a bad executive decision. Those decisions are only made when there’s a problem. So what was the problem? People leaving? Cash shop sales dropping? Or more worried about the fall out if the patch was delayed?

I don’t know but it seems like a panic decision to me and that generally means not all is well behind the scenes.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

I am becoming concerned

Mhenlu.8970

Eh, I didnt think I did anything wrong. I was just trying to express concern in what I thought was a well put together and non trolling fashion. Is there a different way I should have put forth my thoughts? I fail to understand….

Im not even sure what to say now, will this get infracted for my concern over being infracted?

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: VBMeireles.4951

VBMeireles.4951

If you’re seeing empty zones, consider changing servers. I’ve been on two different servers in my time on GW2 (which started during the three-day headstart), and I have yet to encounter a single empty zone or an event that did not have plenty of people involved to beat it.

As far as the Ascended items are concerned, do what a large majority of us do…ignore it. Having or not having those items doesn’t affect how we play the game at all. I don’t think that this will change.

Thank you for the nice answer.

I had concerns similar to that of the OP, and this enlightened me. I have questions still to be answered (opened a topic about it) but this sounds like a really good solution if it turns out things happen in a way I wouldn’t like them to happen.

Thank you once again.

Vinicius Meireles

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Masaki.2153

Masaki.2153

It’s simple to see what has happened.

1. Increased Grind
2. DR
3. Decreased loot drops

all to force an impatient crowd into cash shop and at this point as difficult as they have made it to make gold, let alone get decent drops, they are figuring you will either stay and pay or leave.

One word for what’s happened…….Nexon

I am becoming concerned

Mhenlu.8970

Apparently you are not allowed to use Anet, ArenaNet, or variations thereof, as they see it as a “call out”. Similar to calling out the name of a moderator or developer specifically if they have done something to trouble you.

Just want to point out though that the code of conduct, which I just re-read, does not say that you cannot say ArenaNet, just that it does not cause your post to be expediently responded to.

Do not engage in staff call-outs. Using the words “ArenaNet” or any staff member’s name will not expedite the answer to your query.

The above is the exact text. Is there any chance I can be told how I should address the people who are working on this game in a manner that will not be an infraction inducing mistake?

I am becoming concerned

Mhenlu.8970

I think volomon has helped me to understand something.

I got exactly what I asked for, didn’t I?

They did something. Which is precisely what I requested so I could get an idea of what was going on.

Not gonna dramatize anything. But with my question now quite poignantly answered, not with words, but clearer actions, I’ll go ahead and take my leave.

Good luck and take care.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

The thread name was edited and the OP was infracted to let him know about that.
It didn’t have any consequences to the account.

Please stop discussing the moderation and speculating about reasons for infractions, it’s only of the concern of the user who got it. He could have asked the moderators/ CCs why he got infracted. The reason is described in the infraction, too!

Posts regarding the moderation will be removed from this thread.

Apparently you are not allowed to use Anet, ArenaNet, or variations thereof, as they see it as a “call out”.

This is true. Please read the code of conduct, maybe it will clarify things before you complain about the moderation and/ or insult the community team. Thank you. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/rules

Greetings

(edited by CC Meinke.2749)

I am becoming concerned

Mhenlu.8970

People wouldn’t have to speculate if they made sense.

Dont risk getting in trouble over my post, I got the answer I needed.

I am becoming concerned

Mhenlu.8970

Feel free to delete the posts where I am responding to other people who’s posts were deleted, I rather would not like to appear as an addle brained idiot speaking to the wind for no other purpose than to do so. Unless that is the intention, in which case ..well played? I guess.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

The fixes for the empty zone problems are easy, ANet just won’t do them.

A) People get loot drops appropriate to their level in all areas, however repeating the same event chain will cause a steady and continual drop in the level obtained.
B) ALL armor, runes, sigils, and any other boost will scale down with your level, so that a level 80 can’t one-shot farm a level 1-15 area. Every area will be challenging.
C) Exotics have a small chance of dropping anywhere, ascended gear has a very very very small chance of dropping anywhere.
D) Additionally, armor and weapon appearance is a big part of the game. Currently, we just need more volume in my opinion, make more armor and make it available in open world PvE in the large scale end-zone event like the fire elemental and the shadow behemoth, for map completions, or taking down champion mobs.

We were told that the entire persistent world would be the end game, this was false. Can you do it all? Yes, absolutely. But an Olympic sprinter can win any highschool track meet, how often do you see them there? Never.

This goal needs to be achieved, it was one of the main selling points of the game and not reaching it is paramount to false advertising.

As for WvW, I have no idea. That entire server-hopping situation was handled terribly and I don’t know if there is a fix other than forcing people off highly-populated servers. Something the community wouldn’t take kindly to.

EDIT: AABC… I know my alphabet I swear!

(edited by Conncept.7638)

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Keysha.2815

Keysha.2815

The fact is, all of the speculation on why there are so-called ‘empty zones’ is rather silly. The reason is simple. The game has been out for over 2 months. In the beginning, zones were packed, because everyone was the same level, leveling together, making all the various types of characters to find their perfect fits, and so on. Now the player base is spread out. You have the different levels spreading all over the map, not concentrated in specific zone levels. You have diffusion. You want busier zones, go to the lower level zones. The higher level ones, especially Orr, are much emptier. Those that are the level for that zone are spread amongst them all, or are running dungeons (not just Fractals).

Simple answer? Find a playing partner, toss in Map Chat that you want to explore, do XX event, or whatever, and ASK for grouping. You may just be surprised.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Volomon.9147

Volomon.9147

The fact is, all of the speculation on why there are so-called ‘empty zones’ is rather silly. The reason is simple. The game has been out for over 2 months. In the beginning, zones were packed, because everyone was the same level, leveling together, making all the various types of characters to find their perfect fits, and so on. Now the player base is spread out. You have the different levels spreading all over the map, not concentrated in specific zone levels. You have diffusion. You want busier zones, go to the lower level zones. The higher level ones, especially Orr, are much emptier. Those that are the level for that zone are spread amongst them all, or are running dungeons (not just Fractals).

Simple answer? Find a playing partner, toss in Map Chat that you want to explore, do XX event, or whatever, and ASK for grouping. You may just be surprised.

That’s so true, doesn’t that make you wonder why they have these huge events and chains to open dungeons? Group events left and right. The way they designed the game tell me they didn’t expect so many empty zones if any.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: nic.5720

nic.5720

+1 from me OP. I agree entirely.

I played the original GW for about five years, on and off. I enjoyed it. I had fun! I had hoped that GW2 would have a similar longevity. Barely 3 months since release and it’s just not as much fun as it was. ANet are sucking the fun out of this game for me a step at a time.

I actually have to be really bored IRL to even feel like logging in anymore.

Please, please, please ANet…. put some of the fun back into GW2. Before it’s too late!

And Masaki, I think you’re probably right… Nexon!

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Volomon.9147

Volomon.9147

I don’t see how Nexon has such an influence in NCsoft though last I looked freaking NCsoft was like 167,000 won. Nexon bought a 14.7 percent share that doesn’t give them majority hold. It’s kind of weird because NCsoft is like worth $100+ a share. Where as Nexon is like 11 bucks a share. Shouldn’t NCsoft be buying Nexon?

Mostly it’s NCsoft, due to their stock dropping like crazy. Foreign investors are pulling out. Nexon just took a bite because their stock is dropping. Now investors want a return.

Personally I’d buy Nexon stock over NCsoft. Just buy low with Nexon and wait for Nexon to buy at least 50% of NCsoft, and you’ll be rich.

I’m going to be on that phone next conference, and ask for some heads.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Kryadan.2465

Kryadan.2465

I lasted a month in GW1 and I bought all the expansions.
I lasted 2 months in GW2 before getting the same old same old feeling.
The odd thing is I am now trying swtor which is even more same old same old but it has been fun so far (2 weeks in).

I think I have become the “play new shiny and then throw away” type which I didn’t used to be (lotro 3 years and counting, WoW 2 years).

So, the game is not what I hoped for but maybe it is more me than the game in this case.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Thing is they brought in a monetizer from nexon in beta, who was part of the reason why dye unlocks became per character instead of accountwide and probably other things as well. Dont know if she still works for ANET.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

The fixes for the empty zone problems are easy, ANet just won’t do them.

A) People get loot drops appropriate to their level in all areas, however repeating the same event chain will cause a steady and continual drop in the level obtained.
B) ALL armor, runes, sigils, and any other boost will scale down with your level, so that a level 80 can’t one-shot farm a level 1-15 area. Every area will be challenging.
C) Exotics have a small chance of dropping anywhere, ascended gear has a very very very small chance of dropping anywhere.
D) Additionally, armor and weapon appearance is a big part of the game. Currently, we just need more volume in my opinion, make more armor and make it available in open world PvE in the large scale end-zone event like the fire elemental and the shadow behemoth, for map completions, or taking down champion mobs.

We were told that the entire persistent world would be the end game, this was false. Can you do it all? Yes, absolutely. But an Olympic sprinter can win any highschool track meet, how often do you see them there? Never.

This goal needs to be achieved, it was one of the main selling points of the game and not reaching it is paramount to false advertising.

As for WvW, I have no idea. That entire server-hopping situation was handled terribly and I don’t know if there is a fix other than forcing people off highly-populated servers. Something the community wouldn’t take kindly to.

EDIT: AABC… I know my alphabet I swear!

You forgot the “resource problem”.
I’d rather farm in Orr than Queensdale because I can mine Ori, ancient sapling, omnomberries etc.
So, I really doubt that we’ll ever see the whole game as the endgame.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Cybil Song.2359

Cybil Song.2359

I predicted, 3 years ago, that GW1 would become Nostalgia and peoples would come back to it. It may very well happen, a move back to GW1 from GW2 if NCsoft doesn’t fix it. Grinding events does not equal fun. Why is Frostgorge Sound dragon event fun to play and Cursed Shores and Malchor so bad? It must have been done by 2 different teams.
There seem to be a group of managers that are convinced that grinding events is the most exciting thing to do and that mindless repeats at a breathtaking rate is a great thing. They are wrong, a large number of peoples just want to have fun, not grind all day long. I see the febrility, in Frostgorge, “When is the dragon going to appear?” I never saw that at one of the temples. Conquer it and it is overrun in less then a minute. That is certainly not something that gives a sense of accomplishment. I remember the big ANet honchos talking about the sense of accomplishment, well they certainly are off the mark on that. The feeling is more about all your hard work being done for nothing. But then, who cares, in the big box, they have their own agenda and it is not about fixing what is wrong but about bringing useless new content like those fractals, more grinding for the little peoples……….. Sad but, true.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

You forgot the “resource problem”.
I’d rather farm in Orr than Queensdale because I can mine Ori, ancient sapling, omnomberries etc.
So, I really doubt that we’ll ever see the whole game as the endgame.

Very true, but I see no reason why that can’t be fixed in a similar manner. Resources are way more common the lower level you go right? Make a transmutation system as an extra branch of high-level crafting.

For example

16 Green Wood Logs → Soft Wood Log
14 Soft Wood Logs → Seasoned Wood Log
12 Seasoned Wood Logs → Hard Wood Log
8 Hard Wood Logs → Elder Log
4 Elder Logs → Ancient Wood Log

I don’t know the exact ratios these should be because I don’t know the exact ratio of Green Wood Logs to Ancient Wood logs that spawn. But that’s something that I’m sure ANet could figure out if they don’t already know, which they likely do.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Ighten Hill.5038

Ighten Hill.5038

I have to fully agree with some aspects of this..

Why on earth did a project that likes to think its taking the MMO and making things better make the ludicrous mistake of having zones that are empty because of simple issues..

Put high level mats in low areas .. How hard is it to work out…

Whats the point in having a nicely worked out event and meta event system in all regions when 90% of the regions never have enough players to see them through..

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: pickpocket.2071

pickpocket.2071

this game has just become one big disappoint after another.

Why is there even a DR system? theres no more botts? let us be able to farm……

fail loot system – i have never looted 1 exotic yet ( wait 1 in fotm and it was account bound) n yes i use mf.

completely empty areas, all they need is some tumble weed blowing around.

this whole game has just done a massive 180 and is trying to push everyone into the cash shop.

Bugs that have been around for Months left unfixed, yet they hot fix arah or dye drops or anyway to slow down people earning money.

Open up a new zone, that is completely dead empty and not 1 person would step foot in there if there wasnt a rich ori vein n some sappling. Like seriously why even bother adding a new zone if your not going to put any content in it?

And to all the people that say you should just play the game? Play what? fractuals over n over again, ill pass. I cant farm anymore because they’ve nerfed it to death, Why bother doing the old dungeons when their completely unrewarding with out dated gear, How about i do some spvp that was supposedly going to be in “egames” of wait thats right theres only 1 style of maps no offence but standing in a circle isnt all that fun after about the 50th time, with everyone running around in bunker builds.

in conclusion after reading everyone’s posts in these forums i feel like this is the most unrewarding mmo i have ever played in my life and i really hope this game gets its issues fixed or i can see there being millions of very unhappy customers with our concerns going unnoticed until we all rage quit.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Ighten Hill.5038

Ighten Hill.5038

And just to add so im not seeming fully negative..

Theres a great game here somewhere trying to get out.. But its kittened at the moment by some really basic blunders in the planning.

Thers no excuse in pushing people towards an FTP cash shop model when you have shifted so many units and have expansions to sell to a lge user base…. Thats just called greedy.

(edited by Ighten Hill.5038)

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

GW1 had 7 years to get where it is now.
GW2 had 3 months so far. And you are already calling it limited? You don’t know the resources available and you don’t know the resolution of Anet and its employees! This is not the end. Anet will not give exact numbers on how player usage is spreading out or how the Tradepost and its currencies are doing. That’s a company secret. But believe me or not: I’m still getting companions in almost any area when in need to do the Meta-Events. Nothing of the problems you try to invoke.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Why is there even a DR system? theres no more bots? let us be able to farm……

Oh please, do not let people farm. (edit: by repeatedly killing the same mobs, I meant) That is just ridiculous. It basically empowers grinding in one optimal spot. That’s something I would NOT like to see at all.

in conclusion after reading everyone’s posts in these forums i feel like this is the most unrewarding mmo i have ever played in my life and i really hope this game gets its issues fixed or i can see there being millions of very unhappy customers with our concerns going unnoticed until we all rage quit.

I do believe the rewards indeed are a bit weird-ish, I can spend hour upon hours getting all these blue/green drops ending up selling them or salvaging them as trash. I rarely feel like I get a drop I would like (insert fine material here) and I understand people want to see this fixed sooner rather than later. I just hope that is what they meant with polishing the progression system.

Alot of the suggestion in this thread I feel have the right idea, though also have a huuuge negative impact by making things alot easier to get than intended.

Alot of the rest of the issues you mentioned are not true, or need just a bit of patience.

All in all, we aren’t paying monthly and you can simply take a break, and come back for the wintersday events. There’s no need to say “I quit” or “I deleted all my characters” (Which is probably the most dumbest thing you can do in a no subscription game, for me it would be equal to deleting my dragon age characters or skyrim characters.). Because you can return at any time, you can play other games. I think GW2’s strength is in that it’s one time pay. Though I guess it’s pretty weird for people to play an MMO that you don’t play every day.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

(edited by FrizzFreston.5290)

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Anyone else logging in running multiple dungeons, doing events, etc. and feeling zero progression in terms of wealth? This seriously needs addressed more than anything else right now. STOP NERFING FARMS….

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: AerictheBoss.9172

AerictheBoss.9172

Why is there even a DR system? theres no more bots? let us be able to farm……

Oh please, do not let people farm. That is just ridiculous. It basically empowers grinding in one optimal spot. That’s something I would NOT like to see at all.

I do believe the rewards indeed are a bit weird-ish, I can spend hour upon hours getting all these blue/green drops ending up selling them or salvaging them as trash. I rarely feel like I get a drop I would like (insert fine material here) and I understand people want to see this fixed sooner rather than later. I just hope that is what they meant with polishing the progression system.

Alot of the suggestion in this thread I feel have the right idea, though also have a huuuge negative impact by making things alot easier to get than intended.

I don’t even understand this right here. I hit DR after about 30mins to 1hr, but you spend hours upon hours? Dungeons about two runs.

DR is definitely an issue. It’s been an issue since they started doing it.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Hour upon hours not in the same spot. I move around. But I still don’t get all that much by moving around.

I would hate to see the game being deteriorate into a game where people only “farm” mobs in certain locations. It would really not benefit to the whole “world” feeling. I understand that farming is different in many cases. But when he addressed DR being a problem, I just see it being a problem for people who spend loads of times farming the same mob, over.. and over and over. If thats not how the DR works (I really dunno) then alright, change it. But if it’s to stop people from doing what I described, then I’m all for it.

I mean… people were upset that plinx got “nerfed”. While instead they were just doing that event over and over for the most mobs and the most drops in the least amount of time. While nerfing it per say isn’t a bad idea in my view, I do feel that other areas also might need to be enhanced so that people don’t feel the need to do that. (like cutting down the grind, and putting in other systems that make you feel progress substantially, while not encouraging same spot farming. Which is extremely difficult to do, I understand that much.

What I don’t understand is that people are basically asking to be able to grind.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

1. Increased Grind
2. DR
3. Decreased loot drops

all to force an impatient crowd into cash shop and at this point as difficult as they have made it to make gold, let alone get decent drops, they are figuring you will either stay and pay or leave.

Yep, I agree ~ Its actually becoming quite comical that so many players on these forums are either so blind and in-denial that how serious a situation Guild Wars 2 is in right now.

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

anet doesn’t understand basic economics and what made people want to play their game in the first place.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

1. Increased Grind
2. DR
3. Decreased loot drops

Yep, I agree ~ Its actually becoming quite comical that so many players on these forums are either so blind and in-denial that how serious a situation Guild Wars 2 is in right now.

As do I. Every time someone finds a way to make extra $ they close (hotpatch) it in 15sec. But arah bugged for 3.5 weeks straight so I cant finish my class story – who cares.
The only game ever that couldnt do the class quest.

Sad and sorry state the GW1 that stagnant thing Mike O said will out live this game and continue on because it is what people want.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Sad and sorry state the GW1 that stagnant thing Mike O said will out live this game and continue on because it is what people want.

GW2 does have 1 good aspect here- a lot of the players are coming to GW2, seeing that it is nothing like GW1 but remembering how fun GW1 was… maybe it will push the playerbase size of GW1 back up to a solid amount and we’ll see more patches for it =D

Anyhow, back on topic- I have to agree with the OP. The adding of ascension gear was a radical change that came without warning, completely shot everything we thought we “knew” about the game, and flipped endgame upside down. All the people who invested time and money into getting exotics, especially those who got multiple sets, because they thought those items were going to be BiS forever (like GW1 before it) had everything thrown out the window in a matter of seconds.

Why Arenanet decided to try to recreate Star Wars Galaxy’s NGE, even down to the release date, is beyond me. It’s like they are trying to purposely scuttle their AAA MMO.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Masaki.2153

Masaki.2153

1. Increased Grind
2. DR
3. Decreased loot drops

I will give Nexon this, they know how to monotize a game. they just happen to be destroying this one in the process. NCSoft/Anet employees/devs must genuinely be disheartened to see their game be used this way and not to mention, unable to voice their displeasure. For that I feel very sorry for them.

I genuinely don’t believe this was the direction Anet wanted to take the game. But suits at NCSoft and Nexon got together and figured out how much they could make and be kitten the games lifespan.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

16 Green Wood Logs -> Soft Wood Log
14 Soft Wood Logs -> Seasoned Wood Log
12 Seasoned Wood Logs -> Hard Wood Log
8 Hard Wood Logs -> Elder Log
4 Elder Logs -> Ancient Wood Log

Only 86016 Green Wood Logs for one Ancient Wood Log. Seems doable.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

“0 communication makes us all think you don’t care for the concerns of your customers.”

My thing is this. We’ve been having this thread open for almost a month now, with no answer:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Change-in-loot-parameters-or-a-bug-Merged

We are the customers, we paid the money to buy the game and some of us actually spent large sums in the store.

Why is it that these threads are open for so long but the only posts we get from anyone is don’t break the forum rules or nothing at all? Can we have answers to our questions please? The AMA didn’t mention a single thing about the loot issues, magic find, or fixing the bugs and bad designs of the professions. It was filtered to take all of those topics out entirely.

All we’re asking for is communication not from a coordinator, not from a moderator but from the devs themselves. I follow the dev tracker daily and never see a thing in there about the real concerns of the community, I’ve followed interviews performed recently about the state of the game. There’s nothing. I seriously thought when I was looking into this game and it’s developers that they were people who were interested in communicating with their fans. When we don’t get any answers speculation and irritation sets in. All we would like is a reply from one of the devs, doesn’t matter who.

Sincerely,

A customer with questions.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Grimrah.9256

Grimrah.9256

Please tell me what world you are on? because , I have been on TC and now on HoD and the zones are always always dead. I truly feel like I am in a single player game unless I am in LA.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

16 Green Wood Logs -> Soft Wood Log
14 Soft Wood Logs -> Seasoned Wood Log
12 Seasoned Wood Logs -> Hard Wood Log
8 Hard Wood Logs -> Elder Log
4 Elder Logs -> Ancient Wood Log

Only 86016 Green Wood Logs for one Ancient Wood Log. Seems doable.

You do know a mechanism like this already in game right? Mystic forge can upgrade mats.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I 100% agree with you OP. Their whole attitude towards the great many unresolved issues that plague the game makes me believe that the game is doing very bad. Perhaps they have not sold nearly as many copies than they had predicted. Every day more players are quitting the game. Their actions appear like they are just trying to squeeze out the loyal player base for every penny they can get before the whole game goes down the drain. My minds made up. Unless they make due I won’t spend another dime in the cash shop.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/6915/99384436.png
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9392/52397020.png

1. They’re not allowed to alter such information, because they’re being checked by more than one company. If they altered their own information there would already be a case about it. So no, don’t tell me that the information is altered.
2. I’m seeing people EVERYWHERE.

The game is not dying. Snap out of it.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Tubular.4358

Tubular.4358

Um still been been fun as hell for me and my guild. Yes there are some things that need to be fixed but no way its gonna be perfect at every point for every single person. Lots of great things to come from videos ive watched and things ive read recently. Alot of people working on this game. I dont know what server your on or anything, but im a low level 29 and theres tons of people im running across… constantly! Sorry your not enjoying.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: oney.5067

oney.5067

for the past 3 days i have found more enjoyment surfing the forums here and writing posts that i have in gw2 ad havent even logged in in 2 days. at least sitting here is more entertaining than siting in la looking for group for fractals since i cant farm for gold or run de’s due to lack of population in level 80 areas.

I am becoming concerned

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

for the past 3 days i have found more enjoyment surfing the forums here and writing posts that i have in gw2 ad havent even logged in in 2 days. at least sitting here is more entertaining than siting in la looking for group for fractals since i cant farm for gold or run de’s due to lack of population in level 80 areas.

what is your server? When do you log on? How come you see plenty of unpopulated areas and I don’t?