GW2: my personal opinion.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dgenerate.1948

Dgenerate.1948

Anet, what have you done? This game has some great things about it, but A LOT of terrible things about it.

I’ll start with what I like:

Tasks – These are fun! I love em.
Map events – These are also great!
Graphics: Beautiful!

Okay now on to the bad:

The “roleless”, “jack of all trades” play style that you have come up with is… just boring. Sure there will be some people who say, “some professions can do things better than other professions” or “then you’re doing it wrong”, but in the end, there are no dedicated roles which just makes the gameplay boring, and not promote much teamwork.

This whole game is just everyone attack attack attack attack attack attack (throw in a couple dodges and heals/purges). This pretty much applies to anything where there is organized group play (WvW, sPvP, Dungeons).

Gear and level equalization. This blows. The fact that you equalize EVERYTHING from level to gear, just plain sucks. There is very little reward to “working hard” to earn gear when the benefits you gain from it wherever you go are just watered down. I am sure there are many like myself who would love to use our gear to it’s actual advantages (especially in PvP), rather than get killed by a bunch of lower level players or mobs.

Where are our traditional “battle grounds”? Keep the sPvP maps, but I want to use the gear I EARNED on these maps, not some hand-outs like in sPvP. sPvP is fine, for the people who like that kind of stuff, but for someone who believes in using the gear he has earned, it’s not.

In the end, this game has let me down. It has pretty much watered down every aspect of the feeling of earning something, and catered to lazy, casual players. Although I have long ago stopped playing WoW for similar reasons, I am just using it as a comparison, at least they were able to keep me from getting bored much longer than this game.

Arenanet, I challenge you to impress me.
I say it like it is.

(edited by Dgenerate.1948)

Posted by: Amnon.4769

Amnon.4769

Another person who bought a game he knew nothing about. Is it such an alien concept that GW2 is not a game based around loot rewards? If that’s what you’re looking for, then go back to WoW.

Dgenerate.1948

Another person who bought a game he knew nothing about. Is it such an alien concept that GW2 is not a game based around loot rewards? If that’s what you’re looking for, then go back to WoW.

Then what is the point of Anet making an MMO? Since this game isnt based around loot rewards, why didnt they just save themselves the money on production and just make an arena based game? Your answer makes no sense. People play MMO’s for LOOT.

Yawn

Anything else?

You gonna just troll? How about explaining your yawn?

I say it like it is.

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Yeah because WOW is clearly much better than GW2 right?

Cheaper too ingame without the high costs of waypoints.

So just how do you suggest going about having fun when fun costs XX amount in game and you can’t sustain that kind of cost?

Because clearly asking for a reasonable means of financial stability in GW2 that does not require to grind Crafting warrants a go back to wow.

Posted by: evilbottom.2186

evilbottom.2186

So basically you wanted a trinity, you wanted loot to make you powerful in lower leveled areas, and you don’t like a balanced PvP.

Tell me, why exactly did you buy this game? Did you even read a single article on it beforehand?

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

You gonna just troll, or just add nothing to the topic?

There is nothing to add top your topic.

As soon as I saw you use the word fanboy, I knew that you had nothing worthwhile to say.

Door is over there---> Feel free to us it.

You just seem like another helpless cause.

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Dgenerate.1948

So basically you wanted a trinity, you wanted loot to make you powerful in lower leveled areas, and you don’t like a balanced PvP.

Tell me, why exactly did you buy this game? Did you even read a single article on it beforehand?

Again, why make an MMO if in the end, the gear you earn makes little difference? Would have been much easier to just make an Arena game.

I say it like it is.

Posted by: Duckzor.4327

Duckzor.4327

Uh. No. Last thing I want is another gearbased battlegrounds area.

WoW is over there —>

Thief WvW Solo Roam Video

http://youtu.be/MHEU8oCFxrE

Dgenerate.1948

Uh. No. Last thing I want is another gearbased battlegrounds area.

WoW is over there —>

Why the MMO aspect to the game then? Much easier to have just an Arena based game, obviously sPvP is all you guys who are replying care about.

I say it like it is.

Amnon.4769

Again, why make an MMO if in the end, the gear you earn makes little difference? Would have been much easier to just make an Arena game.

Because some people enjoy actually playing the game, instead of enjoying the rewards like good little puppies. Not everyone is a reward-centric gamer. You obviously are, and there are other MMOs that cater to people like yourself; this isn’t one of them.

So just how do you suggest going about having fun when fun costs XX amount in game and you can’t sustain that kind of cost?

I don’t grind, but at level 80 you make more than enough money to sustain using waypoints freely. I play a few hours a night, do my daily, perhaps some PvP or search for omnomberries, or a dungeon… I’m sitting on a little more than 4 gold, and gaining a bit more each night.

(edited by Amnon.4769)

Posted by: Carpara.1694

Carpara.1694

Because of – what you don’t seem to understand (yet?) – some people moved on and are expecting more of an MMO than being a gear-loot-grind fest.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

People play MMO’s for LOOT.

Just because you do doesn’t mean we all do.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Domo.7618

Domo.7618

I am also dissapointed bout this game.

Ther are so many beautiful zones, and all seems to have no more use because this game is made for “WvsWvsW”…

Yeah, I didnt know that this game wont have a Class-trinity…but Arena.net always said “you can be anythink you want in this game”…well it seems you can be only a DamageDealer who can support a bit more or less.

I had my fun till lvl 80 no doubt and it might be even worth the 50€. But I see no futher for me at keep playing this game.

I will move on like many others.

Why I do post this? Well, even though this game got boring for me, I still think its a great game and I hope that my and others feedback will change something in the futher…or in GW3.

ther is no Class-trinity, no progress on my Charakter (group, dungeon equipment), not a game for me.

It was short but nice. To the rest who stays, good luck and have fun. Smell you in the next game

(sorry about my bad english)

Posted by: Elysian Rose.5283

Elysian Rose.5283

Mostly agree with you. Good luck dealing with all the fanboys who will simply accuse you of being an ignorant consumer and actually having the gall to expect that loot would be part of your MMO experience. Since I’m so negative about this game all the time, I’ll second that the graphics are absolutely beautiful, and the music, too! Two things they got unreservedly right!

Dgenerate.1948

These are the answers I wanted (This includes Carpara and Dusk). Thank you.

In my eyes, this game will just be one of those “play once all the way through” games. Guess this game wasn’t for me after all.

I say it like it is.

Elysian Rose.5283

These are the answers I wanted. Thank you.

In my eyes, this game will just be one of those “play once all the way through” games. Guess this game wasn’t for me after all.

We can hold out hope for a huge patch, can’t we?

Amnon.4769

Mostly agree with you. Good luck dealing with all the fanboys who will simply accuse you of being an ignorant consumer and actually having the gall to expect that loot would be part of your MMO experience. Since I’m so negative about this game all the time, I’ll second that the graphics are absolutely beautiful, and the music, too! Two things they got unreservedly right!

Tell me, do you also buy a car without reading anything about it? “This is a car and I expect it to have automatic gear!”
“This is a house and I expect it to have wood floors!”
“This is a phone and I expect it to have iOS6!”

Rizzy.8293

Because some people enjoy actually playing the game, instead of enjoying the rewards like good little puppies. Not everyone is a reward-centric gamer. You obviously are, and there are other MMOs that cater to people like yourself; this isn’t one of them.

I don’t grind, but at level 80 you make more than enough money to sustain using waypoints freely. I play a few hours a night, do my daily, perhaps some PvP or search for omnomberries, or a dungeon… I’m sitting on a little more than 4 gold, and gaining a bit more each night.

Dont grind but you tell me to go do a dungeon, dungeons are the very defination of GRIND especially when they’ve nerfed the rewards.

And trust me by the time I hit 80, I had 20 gold in my bank which went to upgrading my gear to exotic armour so i can be an effecive member of the team doing what is expected of my level And a 10 to 20 percent damage output is still a lot more than youd think.

Dgenerate.1948

I’ll still keep the game and check in every so often. There is still some fun to be had.

I say it like it is.

Rizzy.8293

Nah, if anything, Anet is gonna make a clear boundary between PVEer and PVPers like in Guildwars.

Predungeon patch, I was having fun doing both, the loot reward was reasonable for my effort and my pvp reward was simply knowing ive bested someone in combat.

Post dungeon patch, PVE yielded NOTHING, no financial sustainability, financial losses, difficult time getting into groups and just very low reward and fun.

So now what do I do with this 70 dollar PVP game?
Log on for an hour or 2 and pvp .

Posted by: OmegaNine.9148

OmegaNine.9148

You have to excuse 80% of the players for buying a game with dungeons, gear evaluation, crafting, and MMO team combat for expecting there to be a reason to play past 80 in PVE.

I hit 80 today, already have the best gear pieces in the game (my wep), and after I finish up the 5 mans on explorer mode (which I have been having fun with) the game is over for me.

I am thinking they really should have advertised this game as a pvp arena game, with a long lead up. 1-80 is done purely for PVP, after you hit 80 there isn’t much to do other than craft (but like I said, normalized items means this is pretty useless) or PVP. Sure you can run endless dungeons for cosmetic wear, but all you are getting is a shiny version of what everyone else has.

I can see why this game was big in every other country but the US. Outside of aesthetics there is no replay value in PVE.

Amnon.4769

Rizzy, I didn’t tell you to grind, I said I sometimes do a dungeon. Talk about hearing what you want to hear…
And according to you, you HAD money, you just recklessly pent it all… Well, then it’s your own fault, isn’t it?

Elysian Rose.5283

You have to excuse 80% of the players for buying a game with dungeons, gear evaluation, crafting, and MMO team combat for expecting there to be a reason to play past 80 in PVE.

I hit 80 today, already have the best gear pieces in the game (my wep), and after I finish up the 5 mans on explorer mode (which I have been having fun with) the game is over for me.

I am thinking they really should have advertised this game as a pvp arena game, with a long lead up. 1-80 is done purely for PVP, after you hit 80 there isn’t much to do other than craft (but like I said, normalized items means this is pretty useless) or PVP. Sure you can run endless dungeons for cosmetic wear, but all you are getting is a shiny version of what everyone else has.

I can see why this game was big in every other country but the US. Outside of aesthetics there is no replay value in PVE.

I’d say that’s a pretty big overstatement. I wouldn’t say the game is ‘big in every other country outside the US’; I’m in a guild composed of Aussies and Europeans and everybody I’ve talked to has been a bit disappointed, except for the pure PvPers, but even they complain about balance issues, although those are easy to fix.

Posted by: OmegaNine.9148

OmegaNine.9148

I’d say that’s a pretty big overstatement. I wouldn’t say the game is ‘big in every other country outside the US’; I’m in a guild composed of Aussies and Europeans and everybody I’ve talked to has been a bit disappointed, except for the pure PvPers, but even they complain about balance issues, although those are easy to fix.

My mistake, I meant GW1. GW2 has sold a ton of copies, but I am sure that within 2 months the actual number of people playing will fall dramatically. The game is good, beautiful, the story line was good too. Just most people PVE, and PVP on the side in MMOs, even the PVPers raid.

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

The PvPers raids for the PvE gear and gain an advantage in PvP :P
Shall i link some weapons-trinkets from other games ? :P

Rizzy.8293

Rizzy, I didn’t tell you to grind, I said I sometimes do a dungeon. Talk about hearing what you want to hear…
And according to you, you HAD money, you just recklessly pent it all… Well, then it’s your own fault, isn’t it?

So how many times before it becomes a grind when you do a dungeon then?

Because surviving one of those grind fests with such a low reward and a high repair cost, seems pretty grindy to me

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

MMOs isnt about grind/gear/competition.

Is more about people playing with others in a massive, permanent envirioment.
It is much more about coordinating together to achieve a goal.

In WoW gear wasnt your target. it was progression. Gear was just means to it.
And that is so true that after a few months, they nerfed raids so hard so new people could get gear in order to do new content.

So think with me, everyone was hiting for 1 and that boss had 1000 HP. Now everyone is hitting for 2, and that boss has 2000 HP.
You are just having an ilusion you are doing better.

What makes a good raider in wow and a bad raider is the capacity to follow instructions and proper reaction.

So they removed the sillyness of status on gear all together. You get what you want from gear: Unique look.
And you have to do what you used to have to do in wow: coordinate.

I agree they need to add more lvl 80 dungeons/places to go, but they dont need to bring WoW mentality just because some people think MMO is to play under the ilusion of “gear status” progression.

Amnon.4769

I haven’t even done all the story dungeons yet, and only one explo. I hardly consider myself a grinder, yet I am happy with my 4 gold and feel I can freely use waypoints, like when a low level friend logs on.

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

So you say you want everything that’s in WoW in GW2 then go on to say you quit WoW for similar reasons, which makes no sense because GW2 is nothing like that game. There is no balanced itemization in pvp in WoW it’s just a bunch of people with legendary pve weapons and pvp gear that they grinded for weeks owning the weak defenseless ungeared freshly leveled 85’s. which is apparently what you want in pvp, btw you can pretty much do that in WvW, it doesn’t replace your gear there.

I guess you must have meant WoW has also watered down the feeling of earning something, and I completely agree. I also whish there were more roles in GW2, I don’t think trinity is bad. I just think it needs to be more accessible. For example if my rogue in WoW could tank, heal, AND dps depending on how I felt like playing, I’d probably be playing WoW right now. GW2 comes closest to this, while removing a lot of the trinity but letting you heal yourself and dodge attacks instead of tanking you effectively become all roles. I think that’s amazing.

A gear-stat treadmill should never exist in any serious pvp, and you should never have an advantage over someone else because you have better gear. It’s not fair, nor is it fun for the receiving end. All I can tell you is go back to WoW or try one of its clones like Rift, SWTOR, Aion, etc.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

Because surviving one of those grind fests with such a low reward and a high repair cost, seems pretty grindy to me

You are messing up concepts. Grind is to do something mindlessly over and over again to achieve something, like killing 1000 apes or farming the same “farm” raid over and over again so everyone get the minimal gear to progress.

What you are complaining is that rewards for running hard instances or w/e isnt worth the trouble. In fact, you are going out loosing more than you are earning.
That does requires some balancing indeed, however the bullseye of that discussion would be what exactly would be enough to worth all that trouble?

Rizzy.8293

I haven’t even done all the story dungeons yet, and only one explo. I hardly consider myself a grinder, yet I am happy with my 4 gold and feel I can freely use waypoints, like when a low level friend logs on.

Oooooooh right so you have four gold and you did only one exploration mode.
Cool bro you clearly are the authority when it comes to inworld tax huh
My bad, heres me giving you credit for your vast superior knowledge.

I had 20g saved up before I hit 80 how?
I was just that efficient of a player

And now after hitting 80 and getting my self geared up in exotics to be an effective member in a team, The game goes and tells me, NOPE You cant do those dungeons anymore, well you can but chances are if you die once you’re not going to make a single copper in profits.

So what am I left with?
Running around in Arah farming nodes?
Do you like Farming? I don’t

I come to an online video game to play, not to do more work.
But hey if you love farming, good for you!
Aint gonna stop you, but don’t tell me farming is FUN an everyone must do it just like I dont tell people PVP is FUN and they HAVE to do it.

Rizzy.8293

You are messing up concepts. Grind is to do something mindlessly over and over again to achieve something, like killing 1000 apes or farming the same “farm” raid over and over again so everyone get the minimal gear to progress.

What you are complaining is that rewards for running hard instances or w/e isnt worth the trouble. In fact, you are going out loosing more than you are earning.
That does requires some balancing indeed, however the bullseye of that discussion would be what exactly would be enough to worth all that trouble?

With the mobs being HP pools that they are now, id say im mindlessly shooting arrows at them.

But you’re right the issue is the reward does not match the effort.
I wouldt have minded the dungeon grinds if my reward was equal to atleast to the effort but right now, deffo not.

And with the risk of death causing a loss in any profits, definitely not taking the chance.

And before anyone accuses me of just being dungeon gear slag, let me put it out there for you, Medium Dungeon Armour designs look like crap (In my opinion) I would rather wear Rawhide armour with the same stats than those.

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

DusK.3849

MMOs isnt about grind/gear/competition.

It is to some people. Fortunately, there are games for them. And it would be beneficial to everyone involved if they just go play those games instead of trying to turn this one into that stuff. Then they’d be getting their rocks off on their tank/heal-dps combat, gear treadmills, and carrot-chasing, and we’d be having fun playing a game that was developed from the ground up to not be that.

What most of the complainers are whining about are, of course, opinionated concerns. And they have a right to not like this game; it clearly doesn’t satisfy whatever they’re looking for in a game. But where they get it wrong is that somehow coming here and complaining that this game doesn’t rip x feature off of WoW or they don’t like y feature, things that were built into this game from day one, will somehow make a difference other than them looking like a bunch of self-entitled crybabies. The things they want, like a return to tank/heal/dps, easy dungeons, and gear treadmills and progression-based post-80 content, those were intended to be done away with from the start. And the things they dislike about the game, such as a more “actiony” feel to combat… these things were decided from day one to be cornerstones of the title.

What these people are asking for, what they’re whining about… it’s like coming to the Quake Live forums after playing nothing but CoD and whining that it doesn’t have slow gameplay, low kill times, prone, and weapon customization. It’s like playing nothing but SoulCalibur games, and then going onto Capcom Unity’s Street Fighter forums and whining about how terrible SFIV is because it doesn’t have weapons and eight-way run.

And really, it’s not going to matter. ArenaNet’s not going to look at these whiners, who really are a minority of GW2 players, and decide to change everything that this game was intended to be just to appease them, because that would completely screw everyone who bought the game for what it is. And ANet, well, they’re just not like that.

So humor the complaints a little more. Five more days, most of them will be gone anyway.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Attila.6348

Attila.6348

The main problem I’m seeing with complainers when it comes to “GW2 doesn’t offer and satisfy my grinding or endgame needs (which comes back to grinding)” is that they want to find something that doesn’t exist in a game which clearly isn’t made for it.
To me, you guys have come to BF3 to “explore” the battlefield, to Planetside to experience solo FPS experience and to Dawn of War to win peacefully by capping all the points.
ArenaNET promised me huge WvW battles, and I got them. They promised teamwork and the destruction of trinity. We got them. What else do you want?

Dgenerate.1948

Eh, i’d hardly call it teamwork. More so a “common goal” in which many players partake in. Teamwork in this game rarely goes past healing someone when they are down.

I say it like it is.

Dgenerate.1948

Five more days, most of them will be gone anyway.

And you will likely see a steady decline in numbers over the next couple of months if Anet doesn’t keep their playerbase happy. I don’t expect them to make any huge changes, but something definitely needs to be done.

I think Anet will be reading these posts. And they will be taking into account what we say to some degree.

I say it like it is.

DusK.3849

And you will likely see a steady decline in numbers over the next couple of months if Anet doesn’t keep their playerbase happy.

What you fail to realize is that their playerbase is happy, because a vast majority of their playerbase consists of people that bought the game knowing what it was.

The whiners are a vocal minority who came to GW2 thinking it would be WoW without the sub fee, only to be shocked that an MMO can be different too.

Rizzy.8293

So humor the complaints a little more. Five more days, most of them will be gone anyway.

Yup and then in 5 more days you’ll be sitting outside in a dungeon your Yaks Bend server going LFG for 2 hours with no replying to you.

That is if you even do dungeons anyways, you wont even take up my offer to put YOUR theory to the test which is to run explorable mode Arah in white gear.

So go figure.

DusK.3849

Yup and then in 5 more days you’ll be sitting outside in a dungeon your Yaks Bend server going LFG for 2 hours with no replying to you.

If that’s not the case 5 days from now, please come back to these forums so you can read a post from me that basically boils down to “LOL you were so freakin’ wrong, and I knew you would be.”

Dgenerate.1948

And you will likely see a steady decline in numbers over the next couple of months if Anet doesn’t keep their playerbase happy.

What you fail to realize is that their playerbase is happy, because a vast majority of their playerbase consists of people that bought the game knowing what it was.

The whiners are a vocal minority who came to GW2 thinking it would be WoW without the sub fee, only to be shocked that an MMO can be different too.

Where do you get these numbers? I see A LOT of people complaining. Everyone has things they like about the game, but there are plenty of things people DISLIKE, and those usually have to do with the overall gameplay.

I say it like it is.

DusK.3849

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2

Inb4 “Hurr durr, that’s only a random sample of > 500 players, there’s no way that could present an accurate projection of overall approval of this game”

Posted by: Attila.6348

Attila.6348

Eh, i’d hardly call it teamwork. More so a “common goal” in which many players partake in. Teamwork in this game rarely goes past healing someone when they are down.

You just told me you never attacked a keep in an organized guild group. Nor have you defeated a huge boss that requires strategy. Nor pushed an enemy while he’s doing a finisher over your downed ally. Nor set up countless combo fields just so your allies can get the buff. Nor partook in any organized sPvP match. Nor built a simple siege engine let alone discussed it with your guild/group where it’s best to place them. Nor took part in keep/tower/whatever defence. Actually, it seems to me you didn’t do anything than done a few hearts, group events and personal story.

Dgenerate.1948

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2

Inb4 “Hurr durr, that’s only a random sample of > 500 players, there’s no way that could present an accurate projection of overall approval of this game”

Hell, I even rated the game as great when I first bought it and started playing. Now after playing for a couple weeks, I still love some things about it, but I’d be very careful about recommending the game to anyone looking for a rewarding game.

I say it like it is.

DusK.3849

rewarding game.

The problem is, despite your belief otherwise, there’s more than one thing that makes a game rewarding. And because a lot of WoWites drilled it into their head that the only worthwhile reward that could ever exist in an MMO is “your numbers go up”, the boards are filled with people complaining about how Street Fighter IV doesn’t have eight way ru- I mean, Guild Wars 2 doesn’t have gear treadmills or progression raiding post-80.

Rizzy.8293

Wrong?
In what aspect dusk?

Posted by: snadge.2483

snadge.2483

I am sure there are many like myself who would love to use our gear to it’s actual advantages (especially in PvP), rather than get killed by a bunch of lower level players or mobs.

This statement is the problem to me, it reeks of WoW mentality and is why that games PvP is a joke, why should you have better gear than others when you are a worse player?

It is much more satisfying to beat them with normalized gear than OP gear then you know it was your skill and not the gear.

(edited by snadge.2483)

Posted by: Tusuri.3178

Tusuri.3178

The OP represents a type of playing mindset, which was arguably introduced in the WoW era, that basically consists in the application of extreme Skinner’s Box methodologies to the MMORPG field. In this sense, everything related to immersion, lore, RP, complex player interaction, intellectual challenge and, in general, anything related to the use of imagination is disregarded. The only thing that actually matter is to achieve maximum XP in minimum time and to get the best gear ASAP to link it on the general chat as a proper l33t.

MMORPGs were not designed with that philosophy in mind. The very acronym gives you a hint of what is this about: Massive Multiplayer Online -Role Playing- Game.

I’ve been in the MMORPG scene for a long time and I can say that there was a before-and-after WoW. The appealing point of WoW was that, no matter you were mentally handicapped, you could be considered a good player as long as you could smash the rotations and memorize the scripted fights. It supposed a massive dumbing-down and linearization from previous MMORPGs. This was, on the other hand, a big reason for its success as the MMORPG genre was opened to the “lower-common-denominator” type of players. With WoW came as well the glorification of macros and add-ons that are not less than permitted cheating.

The consequence is that we have a pool of players that cannot conceive another way of playing. Even worst, many of them believe they are skilled players which, of course, they are not.

Blizzard played its cards really well, focusing on game addiction (the eternal treadmill for better gear = dope for the junkies) as the main motivation for playing. These has created authentic monsters of players that are not capable of seeing the forest from the trees.

Besides the addiction argument, I freak out at these people as I don’t understand why they play MMORPGs when they could be playing Pac-Man and get the same sensations. My great concern is that the new generation of ADHD Skinner’s Box junkies are putting the MMORPG industry in jeopardy, as the latter cannot cope with the former. How do you negotiate with an irrational junkie? For example, what are you going to say or to propose to a guy that says he’s bored when he basically has missed the game in his urge for getting Max. level?

Let me tell you something OP: with that mindset, you and the likes of you are condemned to boredom. I’m assure you that, lest you change your approach to MMORPGs, you’ll never ever be satisfied, unless you are addicted to treadmills for gear (Rats in a Box), that is.

Anyway, this is my opinion and, after all, this is a free world. My sincerest suggestion is that:

- If you want a linear, gear based progression game, you can find a lot of WoW clones in the market. There are a lot of Diablo clones as well that focus on the gear grind and stats based progression.

- For the rest of us -especially those who enjoyed open ended games like Ultima Online, Asheron’s Call, Dark Age of Camelot and Star Wars Galaxies- that are more interested in the immersion and open-world aspects, we have a new home here.

(edited by Tusuri.3178)

DusK.3849

Wrong?
In what aspect dusk?

That mere fact that you don’t know of any other type of reward than an increase in numbers proves that it’s a concept that completely goes over your head. Even more so, considering the countless times it’s been explained to you.

Rizzy.8293

Oh you mean like farming for resources, killing mobs to get crafting mats to sell.

That boring grind?

Right

You go enjoy that boring monotonous thing then.

Posted by: kal.4350

kal.4350

OP is totally right. I still love the game for the good points he mentions tho. Shame it isn’t the best because of the bad things.