I am colorblind. Extra identifier for rarity?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: androidgeoff.1347

androidgeoff.1347

Hello!
I am quite colorblind. I have a very difficult time distinguishing between yellow, green, and orange bags. Is there any way we could get a rarity identifier next to a bag/item name? Something like (W), (G), (Y), (O)? I legitimately cannot distinguish between green and orange bags, with yellow also causing a problem.

Posted by: Naxian.9823

Naxian.9823

+1 That would be awesome.

Or perhaps different colour schemes that can be swiched in the options.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

ouch op.

I might recommend some self sorting bags

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/20_Slot_Fractal_Uncommon_Equipment_Box

I use this for greens, I hope anet does help you.

Posted by: Gop.8713

Gop.8713

I’m not colorblind and I still struggle with orange/yellow in this game . . .

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m surprised this game still doesn’t have colour-blind options. It seems like it should be a relatively easy thing to do, there’s 3rd party add-ons for other games made by amateur developers in their free time. Unfortunately those aren’t available for this game.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

While colorblindness is certainly a thing and there’s always an argument to be made for more options to alleviate it, I’m not really seeing why you need to differentiate between different rarities of bags. There’s minor differences in the loot you can get from them, but its not like knowing that is particularly important, since you’ll just open all of them anyway.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

While colorblindness is certainly a thing and there’s always an argument to be made for more options to alleviate it, I’m not really seeing why you need to differentiate between different rarities of bags. There’s minor differences in the loot you can get from them, but its not like knowing that is particularly important, since you’ll just open all of them anyway.

op is asking for something that makes the rarities COLOR to stand out more .and is not

even asking for loot to be changed or anything at all like that . just something to make

the colors of the rarities to be more defined so you know with out questions at all

yes this is a very important drop i want to sell or save it . and i for one think that is

something that should be looked at and is a good request to make fully happen

noting more noting less and that i am all for !!

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Almost everything that actually “needs” a secondary identifier already has one. Equipment all has a rarity listed in the description if you mouse over the item. Runes / Sigils have different names based on rarity / level. Crafting materials the rarity is often misleading anyway and will likely just be deposited. Dyes have different thumbnails that denote rarity. The only major thing I can think of that might need a differentiator and doesn’t have one are mini pets or tonics, but its not like those drop in large numbers so its easy enough to just check the price on the TP.

TC specifically said “bags”. Which I assume he means champ bags and other such loot containers which drop. But rarity means very little for those unless you’re specifically trying to research drop rates or something, you can’t do anything with them except open them.

Posted by: Naxian.9823

Naxian.9823

Electro i think you are missing the point.

I’m color blind too. While you can know with a quick look if you have looted an exotic or a rare, I have to stop playing and browse every item with the mouse to make sure.

Adding an option to change between different colour schemes or increasing the frame of the items would be a strong QoL change for me, the op and many others like he and me.

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

I’m color blind too. While you can know with a quick look if you have looted an exotic or a rare, I have to stop playing and browse every item with the mouse to make sure.

I’m not color blind and I do that too for every item I’m not familiar with. It takes 5 secs or so.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I’m not color blind and I do that too for every item I’m not familiar with. It takes 5 secs or so.

But if you see it when you loot it, you know what rarity it is because it flashes it’s color as text on the right hand side. Whether you know the item or not. And you can see if you get a rare or exotic through your peripheral vision.

Colorblind people can’t do that. They have to either know by name and small icon what rarity it is and be looking at it when it pops up or open their inventory.

Having a setting to change those colors to ones that have more contrast against each other would be a nice QoL change for players who are color blind.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Almost everything that actually “needs” a secondary identifier already has one. Equipment all has a rarity listed in the description if you mouse over the item. Runes / Sigils have different names based on rarity / level. Crafting materials the rarity is often misleading anyway and will likely just be deposited. Dyes have different thumbnails that denote rarity. The only major thing I can think of that might need a differentiator and doesn’t have one are mini pets or tonics, but its not like those drop in large numbers so its easy enough to just check the price on the TP.

TC specifically said “bags”. Which I assume he means champ bags and other such loot containers which drop. But rarity means very little for those unless you’re specifically trying to research drop rates or something, you can’t do anything with them except open them.

Electro there is an option on the inventory screen that says show/hide rarity. When you trigger it, it places a border around each item in your inventory the color of the item. The reason we’re talking about bags is because it’s in your inventory that this option exists.

For colorblind people, like me, I can’t always, or even usually, use that option effectively. This is what the OP is talking about.