I am depressed...I just realized that...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

…GW2 meta is to get new skins to dress my Barbie doll character.

No matter what I do the final aim is to get the best looking skin for my armor or my weapons.

WvW, PvE, PvP, farming, events, BLTP, everything is geared towards skins and more skins.

Just wanted to share with you my epiphany.

Thanks.

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

um, welcome to 3 years ago?

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Next epiphany for you to have: It’s your responsibility to find the enjoyment and meaning for the time you invest into a game. It’s not theirs to hand to you on a silver quaggan.

~EW

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Fashion Wars 2, man. This meta was pretty great until they started creating outfits instead of armour sets, and putting most weapon skins in BL chests.

Now I spend most of my time playing Forum Wars 2. Sucks.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Holy kitten!

What have I been doing with my life?

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Were you ever told otherwise?

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

um, welcome to 3 years ago?

More like 10 years ago, honestly. Game’s been this way since GW1 launch.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

…GW2 meta is to get new skins to dress my Barbie doll character.

No matter what I do the final aim is to get the best looking skin for my armor or my weapons.

WvW, PvE, PvP, farming, events, BLTP, everything is geared towards skins and more skins.

Just wanted to share with you my epiphany.

Thanks.

Um, no. It’s only geared towards “skins and more skins” if that’s what cranks your biscuits. I certainly appreciate good skins and I’ll go out of my way to get them.

However, there’s zero chance I’d keep playing a boring game just to get the shinies.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: RedBaron.6058

RedBaron.6058

I just think GW2 deserves more to it than just fight for the next skin…

“Blackadder: If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start.”

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

It’s pretty much how MMOs go. If it isn’t skins then its BiS gear treadmill. Personally I prefer skins to that because I feel behind if I don’t get the BiS stuff fast enough. There’s also titles for achievements. But mostly if you play to just get skins then you are not going to find much satisfaction in playing.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I just think GW2 deserves more to it than just fight for the next skin…

There’s more to it than skins. There are achievements, exploring, challenges like Jump Puzzles and mini dungeons. Add to that masteries, legendries (yes more skins but also with the stat change bonus) etc etc. If you are meaning once you have done all of that stuff then yes, that’s pretty much it. But tbh that is the reason a lot of us are playing this game compared to those other MMOs out there.

Less stress = more fun.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: FlashAhAhh.4307

FlashAhAhh.4307

NO! The point is that you can farm skins if you want to vs the traditional Farm gear because you can’t play if you don’t.

If I go back to any other MMO I’ve played right now there is no way I would be able to compete in any way despite being top tier when I left.

In GW2 you just step straight back in. This game can be mostly played with the THIRD highest level of gear, and that won’t change. It’s kitten brilliant. There is grind at the top but it’s totally optional and there is zero urgency to get it. Unless you create that urgency yourself.

The skins are just if you want to, out side of that….

There’s more to it than skins. There are achievements, exploring, challenges like Jump Puzzles and mini dungeons. Add to that masteries, legendries (yes more skins but also with the stat change bonus) etc etc.