I am so bored..

I am so bored..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: UnseeN.4928

UnseeN.4928

I’ve been playing since release, and i initially loved the game.
But for me it has been going downhill, here’s why.

-Daily achievements.
This to me feels like chores to do instead off actually playing the game i want.
Grinding achievement points (which i don’t have to do) yet people associate AP with skill and therefor you kind of have to if you wish to play certain dungeons.
Also, some people prefer to keep up in AP with others, while not everyone has time to do so. I for one would vote for removing dailies and adding 3-monthlies for example.

-Dungeons. stack stack stack stack stack stack. Boring, non-active, hundred blade spamming(yes i play warrior main) It’s just terrible at the moment. I prefer having to play interactive.

-Living word.
Great idea! but again, it’s nothing more then achievement grinding. The story is all that keeps me going, Right now, i feel pressured to go in Lions Arch to see afk and noob players ruin my achievements for me, forcing me to do it twice, three times, 4, 5.. you get the point. This “shared achievement” idea came with the Marionette. where it took me 9 times to finally get that achievement i wanted. in which other players who did not understand the most basic mechanics ruined it for me.
VOTE EXPANSION, with non time based achievements. so any1 can play whenever and however they want.

By the way, i own each class on 80. So that’s really not something i can work towards.
I own a legendary which is also a goal i already reached. I have no interest in more legendaries so far.

I’m so bored of logging in, doing those “forced” dailies and then not being able to have nothing to do besides PvP/WvW.

Any ideas before i fall into abyss?

I am so bored..

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, if you find the dungeons boring, why do you need to do the ‘Daily grind to keep your AP up so you can do dungeons’?

The Spring League for WvW is coming soon….maybe take a break until then? Also, LS Season Two looks promising. =)

I am so bored..

UnseeN.4928

Well, if you find the dungeons boring, why do you need to do the ‘Daily grind to keep your AP up so you can do dungeons’?

The Spring League for WvW is coming soon….maybe take a break until then? Also, LS Season Two looks promising. =)

When they introduce a new dungeon path, and it’s hard. The dumb-kitten players who relate AP to Skill might require a certain amount of AP that i don’t have if i wouldn’t be grinding AP every day.

The Spring League sounds good. I will surely sign up for that.

I am so bored..

Posted by: MercyKilling.8519

MercyKilling.8519

I’m totally in the bored category with you…..

…..and I just started playing months ago. In addition, I don’t even have a max level character. I didn’t even make it to level 30, iirc. I can’t be bothered to log in to check.
I don’t care about PvP in any form and consider it a blight upon MMORPG’s in general.
I can’t get into doing “daily grinds”, nor -any- grind, for that matter. Everyone that RP’s in the game is so wrapped up in their own little cliques and drama that someone new like me isn’t well received at all…..or much interacted with.
LS? To that I say…“Who the heck -is- Scarlet, and why would I care?”
I’ve never done a dungeon, nor do I know if I -can- do dungeons yet. Do I care? Not really, especially if it’s like the rest of the world content.
The game was pretty…well..it still is, but there’s better looking ones coming out soon.
Not to mention, I have this pretty big bias against the publishing company, NCSoft. I’m amazed I spent the money to buy this game…..and probably wouldn’t have…if the sale cost I got it at was more than the $15 I paid for it. I tossed $10 at the store to get some cosmetics….but ultimately it wasn’t enough to keep me interested.

I’d say…if you’re bored, take a break. Go find something else to do and come back later.
This might help….it might not. There’s no guarantees.

I am so bored..

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

You’re probably bored because the game is boring. It tailors entirely to people with OCD now and most of the posters that you will see praising it are because they have just fulfilled their 10k achviement points or whatever and are happy as a clam.

Its gone from something extremely promising to just another skinner’s box. And if you’re not affected by that kind of thing, you will be bored.

By the way, before replying to contest this point, make a list of all the things you did today in-game and take a close look at it. I bet most of it will be things like “making gold” or “completing achievements”, not genuinely having fun.

But like I said , many people get some kind of strange enjoyment out of checklists.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

I am so bored..

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

There is BIG permanent content patch coming out soon,i think will come in April,patch sort of like expansion.Take a break from game a and join us later

I am so bored..

Posted by: Wraithen.6059

Wraithen.6059

Best in game community in existence. I’ve left for greener pastures a couple of times. Always end up back here. On top of that I find the game getting better.

Now if dungeons are boring to you, why aren’t you doing fractals? Also new PVP game types are coming out soon. We got a new WvW not too long ago.

I am so bored..

Posted by: Alex.9567

Alex.9567

i have definitely felt the same way about the daily, it being a grind, ive been playing from launch and have stopped twice for about a month and a half both times because i was just bored and not enjoying the game.

funny thing about AP points is they can make the game feel like a chore, especially for someone like me who has 3 hrs/day max during week days to play but Ive also strangely in a way stated enjoying getting the daily, or rather Ive just got so use to it i don’t even question it anymore, i just do it (whether thats sad or not you be the judge) and its now become a place for me to start playing from when i log in, i guess part of it is because im 400 AP points from 10k so now its almost worthwhile doing it to stay ahead. i want to say though the PVP daily is alot more fun, literally just play a few games of PVP and you get it, you dont have to go out of your way at all.

i think anet thinking behind AP is that they wanted to have a way to retain players that started playing from early in the games launch, you see they dont have a problem getting new players but they do have a problem retaining players, so AP may have been a way to give those playrs a reason to keep playing. the down side is new players with low AP are treated badly, however Ive definitely noticed a correlation between plyrs with low AP and their skill level in dungeon not being up to scratch, sure its not always the case but its something that ive noticed.

I am so bored..

Posted by: Golden Monkey.6137

Golden Monkey.6137

Yeah I have a friend who had more AP than me but I went Jumping Puzzle and Exploration crazy for about a month and screamed past them. She complains a lot about how people won’t do dungeon’s with her because her AP was under 3000 but I am almost 5000 now and she has done and knows way more about the dungeons than I do.

I would be happier if the dev’s took time to actually explain to the players, IN GAME, how to do things. I always have to check some 3rd party blog etc. or muddle in game for an hour or so to figure things out. So much about the game is, or feels to be, unexplained to the players. Took me 2 months to realize combo’s existed and I never “really” knew how they worked for another month till I stumbled on a Youtube, all because I played a warrior and they have no combo fields unless you use a bow.

So much of the game is outside the game it’s sad. I guess that’s why I’m so helpful in game.

I am so bored..

UnseeN.4928

Best in game community in existence. I’ve left for greener pastures a couple of times. Always end up back here. On top of that I find the game getting better.

Now if dungeons are boring to you, why aren’t you doing fractals? Also new PVP game types are coming out soon. We got a new WvW not too long ago.

I’ve done loads of fractals. It’s a great way of playing, various ways of combat and very active. It’s rare to stack in fractals.

But then there’s two downsides. It’s length is okay, as long as you don’t have the dredge fractal, once you get that, you can count on 2 hours of total time needed to do a complete run of 4 fractals. This is where the second problem comes in. for 1-2 hours, i get a crappy ring that i can’t sell/salvage or wield because i already have it or it’s not the right stats. And i get a ridiculous amount of gold compared to stacking dungeons.
after 500+ runs, i can truly say, i’ve seen it all.

I am so bored..

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

I’ve done loads of fractals. It’s a great way of playing, various ways of combat and very active. It’s rare to stack in fractals.

But then there’s two downsides. It’s length is okay, as long as you don’t have the dredge fractal, once you get that, you can count on 2 hours of total time needed to do a complete run of 4 fractals. This is where the second problem comes in. for 1-2 hours, i get a crappy ring that i can’t sell/salvage or wield because i already have it or it’s not the right stats. And i get a ridiculous amount of gold compared to stacking dungeons.
after 500+ runs, i can truly say, i’ve seen it all.

Once again the risk/time investment reward system in this game is total trash and I don’t for see it changing anytime soon.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

I am so bored..

Posted by: Fuzion.4193

Fuzion.4193

The game has become one of the most massive grinds I’ve seen in an MMO for the lowest rewards. There are 4-5 new MMOs scheduled for release this Spring / Summer with a few more following for Winter releases. My favored play styles are roleplay and world-building, which GW2 doesn’t feed either of that for me. It did for a RP platform for awhile, but everyone I know has moved on. Couple that with Anet isn’t interested in catering to the roleplay styles, which is evident in the lack of attention and fixes needed to make it a more pleasant experience.

I went from spending 30-60$ a month in the gem shop to now nothing. I’m only logging in for story updates, since I love story and that’s about it. If Anet paid as much attention to RPers as they do to PvPers, PvEers and WvWvWers, I’d be pretty content to stay. If Anet gave us some form of housing / world-building tools, I’d be content too.

But the insane grind to gather gold and resources is what killed my fun. For the hours I spend doing it, what do I have to show for it? An outfit I can parade around the bank on my character in?

Because the game is more like “work” that I have to pay for, I see no further reason to invest my real money. In order for me to invest my money in a virtual world, I have to be entertained. Grinding isn’t entertaining. If they ever move away from that, or add a better reward system that doesn’t require players zerging and abusing other players, I’ll be happy to open my pockets again.

I am so bored..

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

When ever i get bored of GW2 I take extended breaks (usually at the wrong LS times tho). I have started taking a new break recently since EOTM was released I have reduced my total game time. Battle for LA I did it for like 5 days.. I havn’t even started this new one yet I just can’t get myself into playing this type of game at the moment. I tried Aion but that game is boring as well and a generic type of game.

Currently I am playing the Open Beta for The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot by Ubisoft. Its a refreshing change of pace with a different style of game. Its a different play style of MMO. (PS its FTP and there is no BTP or PTW)

If your getting bored of the game find a new game (FTP if you can’t afford it). Such as I also played Borderlands 2 and FATE while on this break just to get over the hump of playing it far too much. I did the same with GW1. I been playing GW2 since launch. I had to take a 2 month break during the F&F LS.

Edit: Take a break rather than insult and trash the game. If you play too much you will get bored that is the same with any game.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

I am so bored..

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

The great thing about guild wars, and every other pay2play/free2play game is that you can take a break and come back later to see if you like changes for no cost. I’m on my 3rd run after two extensive breaks and I’ll doubtlessly be taking another one once I reach the point you’re at.

I am so bored..

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I agree OP…

@wolfpaq: No you can’t simply take a break. Then you miss out on all of the content that was temporary. I have experienced this first hand. I missed out on entire vents such as SAB. The whole line of “take a break and come back you wont miss anything” is a load…

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

I am so bored..

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I agree OP…

@wolfpaq: No you can’t simply take a break. Then you miss out on all of the content that was temporary. I have experienced this first hand. I missed out on entire vents such as SAB. The whole line of “take a break and come back you wont miss anything” is a load…

Nobody said you wouldn’t miss anything, but you can certainly take a break. Clearly you are an AP hunter, in which case you really can’t take a break, because then you gasp might miss out on AP and skins that will fill your bank!

But to OP, you can take a break. I took a break from Dec-January, almost two full months. I played a bunch of single player games, some FPSs, etc. Now I’m back and play every day, refreshed. Ok so I missed all of the Xmas event. Didn’t get any skins or minis or whatever it is people got during those events. Do I care? Nope.

I missed most of Gauntlet last year as well, didn’t get skins, didn’t get that cool mini, didn’t care.

It really depends on what kind of player you are. At this point, honestly, think to yourself. Are you happy with where your character is? Do you really care about any temporary skins/minis that might be released? If that stuff really isn’t a big deal, then you have the power to take a break.

If you are the type of player who would never even consider a break because you simply must have all of the AP, skins, minis, potions, titles, etc from these LS events, then you are a slave to the game and you just need to keep doing your dailies for 15min each day and AP hunting. Sounds like a boring way to play a game, but you ultimately have the final say in what you do.

Missing a LS update was the best thing that could ever have happened to me. Once you miss one, you really don’t mind missing any of them. Heck I didn’t even finish the meta for Escape from LA. Didn’t even phase me, and I have over 11000 AP!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

I am so bored..

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I agree OP…

Nobody said you wouldn’t miss anything, but you can certainly take a break. Clearly you are an AP hunter, in which case you really can’t take a break, because then you gasp might miss out on AP and skins that will fill your bank!

But to OP, you can take a break. I took a break from Dec-January, almost two full months. I played a bunch of single player games, some FPSs, etc. Now I’m back and play every day, refreshed. Ok so I missed all of the Xmas event. Didn’t get any skins or minis or whatever it is people got during those events. Do I care? Nope.

I missed most of Gauntlet last year as well, didn’t get skins, didn’t get that cool mini, didn’t care.

It really depends on what kind of player you are. At this point, honestly, think to yourself. Are you happy with where your character is? Do you really care about any temporary skins/minis that might be released? If that stuff really isn’t a big deal, then you have the power to take a break.

If you are the type of player who would never even consider a break because you simply must have all of the AP, skins, minis, potions, titles, etc from these LS events, then you are a slave to the game and you just need to keep doing your dailies for 15min each day and AP hunting. Sounds like a boring way to play a game, but you ultimately have the final say in what you do.

Missing a LS update was the best thing that could ever have happened to me. Once you miss one, you really don’t mind missing any of them. Heck I didn’t even finish the meta for Escape from LA. Didn’t even phase me, and I have over 11000 AP!

You can take a break in sub games too. No one forces you to finish out the rest of your sub if you don’t want to.

Difference is in a sub game, like WoW, you might waste a few bucks if you take a break. But you can come back and all content is waiting for you. Hardly anything, if anything, is ever temporary in a sub based game…

In GW2, you won’t be wasting a few bucks but you WILL miss out on temporary content, which is most of all content patches.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

I am so bored..

UnseeN.4928

There is loads of content comming out with the living story. And i want to experience it all, not hear about it from friends or see some 1 minute movies that sum it up.
But i also want to do it in my own time. As i could do in Guild Wars 1. For instance, if i wanted to finish nightfall today then i did it, if i wanted to finish it after 2 months because i would be busy i could also do that.

Same with Dailies. I don’t want to log in when i don’t feel like it. But 7K AP requirements for ARAH kind of force me to so i can keep up. Which leads to chasing owls and rats, doing jumping puzzles I’ve seen over and over, doing fractals which ends up taking 2 hours. It just smells like: “Here is things for you to do, even tho it’s completely useless and boring because it’s repetitive, but hey, you gotta do it anyway”

I am so bored..

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Skyrim is a good break, at least for me.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

I am so bored..

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

If you think Dungeons are boring, try solo or duo Arah path 3. Have fun.

I am so bored..

UnseeN.4928

I prefer playing in a team, at least when that team shares my goals. Unfortunately right now people force others to play zerker and stack our way through. Then there is the problem that whenever a party leader decides to leave, you get kicked out which is ridiculous. And without 3000AP you’re gonna have a hard time getting in a dungeon.

But besides that, being able to do a dungeon path solo is one of the best examples of how bad these dungeons are. They are developed for team play, yet by skipping, stacking and other “exploits” that are possible, you can do them solo. No offence, but thank you for proving my point in a way i didn’t even elaborate yet.

This is not the players fault. People want to do a run witin 10 minutes, not 11 or 12.
So they wield zerker gear and bash people for not doing so. And so they stack and remove you from the dungeon is you do not follow up that order.

TL;DR, No dungeons for me, they’re the worst part of the game by far. Solo or not.

I am so bored..

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Its pretty clear this week that you aren’t the only person. I’ve seen numbers in T1 WvW drop significantly (somewhat due to the LA events but its not much of an excuse for “full” servers). People in my guild, including myself, don’t know what to do. Do we quit playing? Join a new guild? Give the game a break? The hardest part for me is that I’m an officer for a large guild and I’ve assumed the role of being the person to keep things moving smooth on a daily basis. I’m not a dungeon or fractal person because there isn’t any real challenge there and find the content to be repetitive and bland.

On the subject of living story, its been a total drag for me. I haven’t had any real fun since Dragon Bash. Every update has felt fun for about a day (few hours) and then I don’t really touch it after that. Even with the LA attacks happening every hour for 3 weeks now, I think I only did them 5-6 times.

My wishlist: More legendary weapons, solo and big group content for end-game players, and a guild update (could be tied with group content) that would include new missions with better rewards and big 20 person instances for my guild to do. A WvW season 2 or tournament just doesn’t sound like much fun even though that’s where I spend most of my time. I need long-lasting content, not something that’s gone in two weeks.

Maguuma Guardian

I am so bored..

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

There is, and has been, one thing that keeps me going and engaged and that’s having my own personal goals for my characters.

It’s not about ANET setting goals for me, or rushing to complete the next thing that ANET puts out, but instead following and actively playing towards the goals I set for myself.

Also, I try and keep myself in check and make sure that I don’t get so caught up in chasing rewards as to forget that this is a really beautiful game that can be a lot of fun to play.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

(edited by Stone.6751)

I am so bored..

UnseeN.4928

There is, and has been, one thing that keeps me going and engaged and that’s having my own personal goals for my characters.

It’s not about ANET setting goals for me, or rushing to complete the next thing that ANET puts out, but instead following and actively playing towards the goals I set for myself.

Also, I try and keep myself in check and make sure that I don’t get so caught up in chasing rewards as to forget that this is a really beautiful game that can be a lot of fun to play.

What are your goals for your Characters?

I am so bored..

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

[…] yet by skipping, stacking and other “exploits” that are possible, you can do them solo. […]

Well, then don’t use exploits? Btw, try stacking while soloing a dungeon

I am so bored..

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

You can take a break in sub games too. No one forces you to finish out the rest of your sub if you don’t want to.

Difference is in a sub game, like WoW, you might waste a few bucks if you take a break. But you can come back and all content is waiting for you. Hardly anything, if anything, is ever temporary in a sub based game…

In GW2, you won’t be wasting a few bucks but you WILL miss out on temporary content, which is most of all content patches.

Good points, but I can tell you, as someone who happened to take a break while playing WoW and came back. Good luck trying to do the old raid content. Nobody is even interested in it because the drops aren’t the latest tier. So, in effect, you do actually miss out on that content. Sure it’s there, but there is no incentive for anyone to run it and you can’t do it alone.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

I am so bored..

UnseeN.4928

Good points, but I can tell you, as someone who happened to take a break while playing WoW and came back. Good luck trying to do the old raid content. Nobody is even interested in it because the drops aren’t the latest tier. So, in effect, you do actually miss out on that content. Sure it’s there, but there is no incentive for anyone to run it and you can’t do it alone.

Kind of like Arah paths, nobody does them besides solo runners or team’s who sell em.
Takes a miracle to get into story.

I am so bored..

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I prefer playing in a team, at least when that team shares my goals. Unfortunately right now people force others to play zerker and stack our way through. Then there is the problem that whenever a party leader decides to leave, you get kicked out which is ridiculous. And without 3000AP you’re gonna have a hard time getting in a dungeon.

But besides that, being able to do a dungeon path solo is one of the best examples of how bad these dungeons are. They are developed for team play, yet by skipping, stacking and other “exploits” that are possible, you can do them solo. No offence, but thank you for proving my point in a way i didn’t even elaborate yet.

This is not the players fault. People want to do a run witin 10 minutes, not 11 or 12.
So they wield zerker gear and bash people for not doing so. And so they stack and remove you from the dungeon is you do not follow up that order.

TL;DR, No dungeons for me, they’re the worst part of the game by far. Solo or not.

Yes. As one who has played perhaps thousands of instances in another well known game, I really don’t like them at all in GW2. And, the ‘interesting’ open world content such as Teq is as equally interesting as the dungeons.