I am the happiest man Alive !!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vantis.5419

Vantis.5419

Just seen this

“Welcome to the month-long Black Lion Wintersday Rewards Event! Evon Gnashblade of the Black Lion Trading Company will be rewarding December customers with exclusive gifts!
Black Lion Trading Company customers who purchase at least 800 gems will receive an exclusive Green Quaggan Backpack Cover. If you purchase at least 4,000 gems, you’ll receive not only the Green Quaggan Backpack Cover, but also a Mini Mr. Sparkles of your very own!”"

Mini Mr. Sparkles heck ya!!!

I just want to scream that on top of a mountain

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

LOL

Anxiously awaiting my gifts now….. Oh wait… I have to buy the gems in December? Why did I buy the most gems in November?? Arrrrghhh… oh well, guess I will just have to get more.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I have to say its a great way to get people to buy some gems every month. Won’t be surprised if this becomes a trend.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Eh, just note also you don’t get your gifts until early January, after they tally up your purchases.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m still holding out until either I get this email myself and I can satisfy myself it’s genuine or it’s confirmed by Anet on the forum.

I did buy gems earlier today after bank tabs finally went on sale (been waiting since August) but I’ll buy more if I know it will get me a mini Mr Sparkles.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

….I bought my gems at the end of November. That’s not fair

Vantis.5419

Posted by: Finaldeath.1059

Finaldeath.1059

Hopefully this means cheaper gold to gem conversion, things cost an arm and a leg atm due to more stuff being added to the gem store every update but no promotions to get people to actually buy gems until now.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I bought gems in November, kitten ….

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Well, this should make all the people who wanted a mini Mr Sparkles happy.

And I bought my monthly gems a day early, Nov 30th instead of waiting one more day.

Oh well. I guess I can buy my January gems a couple of days early.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Vantis.5419

Yes, I am itching to get home and add a new friend to my collection.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Awesome!

I bought 1600 gems earlier, I’ll probably leave it a bit before buying more but I will definitely make sure to get 4,000 before the end of the month.

That will probably be my years supply of gems, but that’s ok, just means I won’t need to buy more later. (Or I can convert it to gold and get a bunch more minis.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Arikyali.5804

I’ll just stare at my gem purchase that was a sliver early and is meant to last me a long time.

I’m not buying another 4,000 gems again so soon, not even for Mr. Sparkles. Even if Mr Sparkles > Black Friday sale.

…Ah well, life goes on.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I hope I can sell it. I have zero interest in a Quaggan backpack, and I’m sure someone out there would appreciate it a lot more than I would. Though being a gift, I’ll probably be stuck with it.

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

so near 50$ for Mr. Sparkles that’s gonna get those people that bought that mini for 700$ off ebay a bit angry I bet. Ah well it’s just an incentive for reaching that mark. I see a bunch of em running about in the near future and I (sadly) will probably be one of em. I wonder…. Does buying gems with gold count?

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

so near 50$ for Mr. Sparkles that’s gonna get those people that bought that mini for 700$ off ebay a bit angry I bet. Ah well it’s just an incentive for reaching that mark. I see a bunch of em running about in the near future and I (sadly) will probably be one of em. I wonder…. Does buying gems with gold count?

All previous rewards have been given exclusively for gem purchases with real money, not gold. I don’t imagine this one will be any different.

Its an incentive / reward for supporting the game with cash. Spending in-game gold on gems doesn’t give Anet any money.

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

On the upside, maybe the influx of gems through this offer will bring down gem prices.

Oh, who am I kidding…

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

I have to say its a great way to get people to buy some gems every month. Won’t be surprised if this becomes a trend.

God I hope not; that type of marketing over a long declining trend is what finally killed me off of Runescape as a kid.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

I can care less of quaggans.

I mean i know some people like them and it is cool.

But to us the people that like dark skins or more serious looking, can anet give us a second option plz!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Oh man, gold to gem exchange rates are so going to skyrocket… unless this promotion requires gems bought only through cash. If that’s the case then it might even balance things a bit…

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Vantis.5419

I believe it is if you purchase gems with real money.

I am just pumped for the mini Mr. Sparkles.

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

This makes me really happy that I bought gems on Nov 30th… Oh well, I don’t really care for the backpack or the mini.. but the principle of the matter lol..

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

People which really bought it for that price are brainless idiots anyway and deserve it basically to have lost that much money now imo.

Was so obvious that Naet uses this minipet sooner or later to cater in people for more shop sales, when times require it and anet needs eagerly money…

Wouldn’t surprise me to see in future more oftenly special things reappear to be sold in shop, things which were given out somehwere promotionally regionally.
You know, Gamescom & Co come back every year …

Next promotional giveaways like Mr. Sparkles are to be expected personally for me, once ANet has to promote the first expansion pack on one of those many tradefares and its most likely that we will see the official reveal of the first expansion on one of those tradefares and I guess, it will be Gamescom here in my hometown Cologne in Germany, where everything started with GW2, when the first official trailer about the game was presented at the very first Gamescom Tradefare Weekend several years ago.

PS: buying 2 gem Cards basically will do the job. They say exactly its about buying Gems, not buying Gems through converted Gold..buying Gems with Real Cash is meant.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Arikyali.5804

…Could Anet possibly extend the Wintersday special to include those who bought it during the Black Friday Sale? (Seeing as a few of us had at least bought it right before Dec 1, ow) I would be very happy if they did that.

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

mini’s lol

15charrs

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

it’s what I thought, I know the back packs probably sold very well which is why they’re doing it but it’s not an incentive for me in the slightest.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

I mean i know some people like them and it is cool.

But to us the people that like dark skins or more serious looking, can anet give us a second option plz!!!!!!!!!!!!

That means you care.