I can buy more storage expanders?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Q:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Storage_Expander

It still says the storage expander in the gem shop can only be purchased a total of 5 times, increasing the stack size to a max of 1,500 in the crafting material storage in the account bank. A long while back I managed to purchase the max, but now the gem shop is saying I can purchase it 2 more times, which would increase the stack size to 2,000.

Was this a secret update? I don’t recall any mention of it, or seeing anything in any recent patch notes. I would like to know if this is intentional or a bug. I’ve been wanting to buy more storage expander slots, but don’t want to take a chance it would be like the account bank tabs*.

*I’ve seen people complain on the forums in the past that even after purchasing the max amount of account bank slots the gem shop still indicated they could purchase more. Some players wound up having to request refunds since their purchases didn’t give them what they payed for due to already having reached the limit.

I’ve included a screenshot as evidence. You can see the gem shop says I can buy it 2 more times (bottom of the gem shop window) and you can see, quite obviously, I have 1,500 bloodstone dust in the bank (LOL who doesn’t have that much?). I have like, 10 more stacks of that junk in my account bank due to material storage being full. It would be nice to add 2 more stacks to the material storage, but I don’t want to risk buying something and not getting it then having to contact support to be refunded.

Attachments:

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Memphis.3274

Memphis.3274

Just logged in to check and i can confirm that you can buy a total of 7 now.

Attachments:

Charrbeque.8729

Just logged in to check and i can confirm that you can buy a total of 7 now.

Thanks for the effort. It confirms the gem shop indicates the cap was increased, but I’m hoping ArenaNet could answer this for me, or at least another player who has purchased it at least 6 times to confirm that the cap was indeed increased.

If it is true, confirmation would let others know they can now buy more slots (for all that rotten bloodstone dust LOL).

Edit: Oh yeah! All that stinking elder wood logs too. I didn’t have any crafting professions leveled up enough to refine elder wood logs into planks until recently. So for a while my material storage was full of logs and I wound up selling any extras in the trading post.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Posted by: Milkshake.4038

Milkshake.4038

I bought 1, it works.

Edit: image attached.

Attachments:

(edited by Milkshake.4038)

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I’m curious about this as well. I tend to get a lot of the account upgrades but I don’t want to spend gems if it turns out this is a glitch.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I’m sure they would refund the gems if it is not as described.

So, um, what are you going to do with all those stored mats????

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

stunned gasp

Yes please, could we get some confirmation as to whether this is a bug or not?

If not, first thing I’m doing when I get home tonight is buying gems and getting these.
And then I’m going out farming…..

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Aaaaaand, it’s not a bug. Flesh just stuck this in his dev tracking post. Anet put it up on twitter that they expanded this:

Twitter
We’ve also raised the Storage Expander upgrade limit by two–you can now have up to 2,000 items per material storage stack.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Aaaaaand, it’s not a bug. Flesh just stuck this in his dev tracking post. Anet put it up on twitter that they expanded this:

Twitter
We’ve also raised the Storage Expander upgrade limit by two–you can now have up to 2,000 items per material storage stack.

::headdesk::

So, not only is it not on their forums, but it’s not even on their posts about what’s new to buy in the gem store?

Gaile, if I buy and ship you an electric cattle prod, do you promise to use it on your co-workers when they forget to include important stuff like this on the updates?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

lol… thanks for the post! That’s the best decision anet made for the gemstore since two years!

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I would prefer more bank slots maybe next week.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ll also confirm — I was maxed at 1500/slot. Based on this thread I checked the Upgrades tab in the gem store and saw “you can buy 2 more.” I did buy 2 more, and now I can put 2K in per slot. Once I had bought the 2 more, the upgrade vanished from the store (unlike bank tabs, which fortunately I buy direct from the bank so I won’t mistakenly buy an extra).

They also have a bundle of … drat, I’m not in game any more. Bank slot + item boosters? Bag slot + item boosters? Someone in map said they don’t use the item boosters so it would “only save me 50 gems.” That one is in Promotions.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ll also confirm — I was maxed at 1500/slot. Based on this thread I checked the Upgrades tab in the gem store and saw “you can buy 2 more.” I did buy 2 more, and now I can put 2K in per slot. Once I had bought the 2 more, the upgrade vanished from the store (unlike bank tabs, which fortunately I buy direct from the bank so I won’t mistakenly buy an extra).

They also have a bundle of … drat, I’m not in game any more. Bank slot + item boosters? Bag slot + item boosters? Someone in map said they don’t use the item boosters so it would “only save me 50 gems.” That one is in Promotions.

It’s a bag slot expansion with 3 item boosters for 350 gems

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Thanks, I saw your post with the list of discounts after I’d posted that.

Charrbeque.8729

Yay!

Yeah. Dulfy mentioned it too http://dulfy.net/2016/02/12/gw2-20-off-on-transmute-chargemakeover-kit/

(grumbles) Total makeover kits are on sale, a few days after I bought and used 3 of them. LOL oh well.

Yay, storage! \o/

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s also in the Patch Notes.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

The hype is real

Attachments:

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

God forbid anyone reads those. No we all need personal phone calls from Mike O’Brien about such changes. That’s why they wanted everyone’s phone number isn’kitten /sarcasm

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

God forbid anyone reads those. No we all need personal phone calls from Mike O’Brien about such changes. That’s why they wanted everyone’s phone number isn’kitten /sarcasm

It was put into patch notes AFTER we complained. It wasn’t there before.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Dayra.7405

No idea when it happend, but

Thanks ANet for the 2 new bank-tabs

Posted by: Milkshake.4038

Milkshake.4038

Check this: March 22 Release Notes

Dayra.7405

Check this: March 22 Release Notes

Uh, how could I have missed noticing the most important update since HoT for so long