I can't interact with Aelann's chest.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RTSNinja.8037

RTSNinja.8037

Q:

I’m in a beginner area and I accepted a challenge to get to a chest surrounded by mushrooms. To get to the chest, you have to dodge-roll through the mushrooms. I did this, and I’m standing next to the chest, but I can’t interact with it, but other players are?

I have AEO and auto loot on, but I don’t see any options or indications that I looted anything. There’s nothing new in my inventory. When I return to the quest giver, Aelann, I’m not given any indication that I completed the quest. Am I’m supposed to give her something?

I’m at level two. What am I doing wrong, or missing here?

Here’s a link to a video of to show what is happening;

https://youtu.be/dMNy1ZWl_iw

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

Have you already done one of these dodge roll tutorials on one of your other characters?

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

The pink glow says it’s been opened already. If you haven’t looted it before on that char then it’s probably a bug. You might try again tomorrow after reset but it might be permanent.

You only get one piece of gear anyway, a low level pair of boots so you’re not missing much.

Posted by: RTSNinja.8037

RTSNinja.8037

Ok, thanks for the info. Looks like it opened automatically, I guess. On a wiki it states that you get rewarded with a pair of gloves, and I did, so I’m assuming that I got the contents of the chest.

What threw me off was that Aelann doesn’t reply that I completed the quest, nor did I get any indication that I completed the quest or task.

So is this a bug, or just how GW2 handle’s questing?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If this is the Dodge tutorial, you can only complete a dodge tutorial, anywhere (any map), once per character. At L2, I would guess you haven’t been to any other starter zones, but it’s possible.

Edit: Looks like you are L5 in the video. Have you been to another map?

Some NPCs don’t change their dialog; I suppose it’s assumed you know when you’ve finished.

Any time a chest shows an ‘open’ animation/texture, it means it can’t be looted.

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)