I can't use Mystic Forge

I can't use Mystic Forge

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Is there some kind of daily limit to using Mystic Forge? When I put the first item in, the rest of my inventory turns grey. After putting 4 items to Mystic Forge the craft button is grey and clicking it doesn’t do anything.

I can't use Mystic Forge

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Why is this game so ****ing bad? There’s not a single system that works correctly.

It’s like somebody took programming 101, barely passed it and went to work for ArenaNet. I know that MMOs aren’t exactly the crown jewels of gaming industry, but these companies should get a grip and fix bugs that have been there since release.

I can't use Mystic Forge

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

no limit. if everything else grey’s out, it means there are no recipes.
as you add items to the forge (or crafting discovery), it will grey out further items that there is no recipe involving that combination
however, there is a bug where it will sometimes glitch and think there is no recipe when really there is. usually works if you close and re-open the forge window, or maybe put the items in in a different order.
what are you trying to put in there? if it’s random items, the rarity has to be the same (if you put in rare, it will grey out all fine and masterwork, for example)

(edited by Mystic.5934)

I can't use Mystic Forge

Posted by: Metherlance.9204

Metherlance.9204

Another thing to keep in mind – do you have enough of the items in question? For example, some recipes require multiple of one item, and while the recipe will show up as available you won’t be able to craft it without the full number.

I can't use Mystic Forge

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Why is this game so ****ing bad? There’s not a single system that works correctly.

It’s like somebody took programming 101, barely passed it and went to work for ArenaNet. I know that MMOs aren’t exactly the crown jewels of gaming industry, but these companies should get a grip and fix bugs that have been there since release.

It’s not bugged. I use the forge every day, dozens (and sometimes hundreds of times). As ‘mystic’ (no relation to the forge) says, not everything can be combined.

The wiki’s article has details, but the general patterns are:

• 4 like items of equal rarity, e.g. 4 green pieces of gear.
  • Specific recipes for specific items, such as mystic coins plus weapon parts to make mystic weapons.
  • Recipes for making zerg-wide foods, such as trays of cookies: add original item, + elonian win, + stuff.
  • Promotions: an ore (or ingot) + dust + some mystic vendor items + the next tier of ore (ingot).
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

I can't use Mystic Forge

Posted by: Milkshake.4038

Milkshake.4038

however, there is a bug where it will sometimes glitch and think there is no recipe when really there is. usually works if you close and re-open the forge window, or maybe put the items in in a different order.

Bold part solves this problem, at least for me.

I can't use Mystic Forge

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

As ‘mystic’ (no relation to the forge)

to explain myself: I chose this name when StarCraft Brood War came out in 1999. Before that, it was Gohan (DBZ fans can see the transition). It’s quite flattering that Guild Wars chose to name so much after me 6 years later, though I sadly didn’t hear about it until Guild Wars 2 came out.

some info on known forge recipes: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge