I couldn't give away my Friend invites.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Even on Reddit. Not one single person whispered me asking for an invite and all of my friends who were interested in this game have already quit.

To really make my day the 2nd guild I’ve been in so far just died. I’m the only active player so I’m just burning off our researched items, then I’ll be looking again for a guild.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Irnhide.3428

Irnhide.3428

Ya all 400 of my guild members dont login or dont play anymore.

I haven’t logged in in 3 weeks.

If this patch makes PVE better I’ll try again.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

It’s demographics.

My gamer friends are the type guys who don’t think twice about dropping a small amount to try a game. The big hold-up stopping them from doing GW2 is either that they don’t do computer games or don’t want to take the time required to try a MMO. For us, we either already have it, or we don’t want it (or both).

Let’s face it, most games you can play, enjoy, and maybe even be done with in the time it takes to download GW2.

My son, on the other hand, has friends who’re definitely interested in GW2, but being students, don’t have an extra $60 to try out something. So his friends will use up all of his and one of mine. At the end of it, they’ll prob’ly all go back to WoW (except the one who plays Runecraft – who knew that game was even still running?), but maybe GW2 will work its way onto their Santa lists.

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

This doesn’t really seem like the kind of game that’s going to get a big influx due to friend invites, due to it not having a sub.

But who knows.

Posted by: Captain Cucumber.2139

Captain Cucumber.2139

That is curious. I advertised in a giveaway thread in r/games and all my invites were gone in about 10 minutes.

Posted by: Rthen.5970

Rthen.5970

The problem with WoW is the nearly 10 year old dated graphics.

GW2 is not perfect but its all there really is currently for “new” in the stale fantasy MMO market.

When the current patch is released we will all learn answers to the following:

1. Can new content be added in a way that makes sense to all facets of the playerbase: casual, dedicated solo, dedicated guild, wvw, and pvp?
2. Will the Ranger class be playable or will all the people that made a Ranger and played it to 80 need to re-level another class?
3. Will there be a future for WvW or is this just going to be SPvP and some PvE type of game?

Rthen
80 Ranger

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

I sent one of mine to someone I met on Twitch that likes lots of games and figured they might have a good time trying it.

Then I tried to give the other two away thru twitch chat – 2 ppl said yes but hesitated sending a stranger an email I can only imagine because they never sent a message.

Was tempted to give one away to a co-worker but we only use work email and it would be inappropriate to put their work email in. (we are remote developers)

It is odd when you have something genuinely free to give away and people are so jaded by fake free things that they can’t trust or look at it as an email harvesting campaign – it isn’t is it lol.

As for real friends, none of them game hence why 2 of them showed up to my house because I never contact them… awkward. Family doesn’t game either. I suppose my last invites will just rot.

Guess this song fits my thoughts on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-a8kLtJSJ4

(edited by psirca.9452)

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

That is curious. I advertised in a giveaway thread in r/games and all my invites were gone in about 10 minutes.

Same. There are over 400 comments in the thread too so I would have thought they would go fast. Not one single person messaged me an email address.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

Mine were gone instantly. I could have given away three times the trial codes. Now… whether any of those would translate into full purchases later is totally up in the air.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

I feel sorry for those ppl that will get the game because of the trial run. The game is indeed, fun for the first week or so. Then when you become a devoted player Arenanet will take that all away from you.

Posted by: judeobscure.2537

judeobscure.2537

i was able to give away all 3 of mine in a matter of minutes on the gw2 facebook page, even amidst other people offering and asking for keys.

its hard to remember we’re alive for the first time
its hard to remember we’re alive for the last time

Posted by: TheUnNamedHero.4167

TheUnNamedHero.4167

Same here. I posted it to facebook and with minuets people were hitting me up.

2012 Halloween Tower Champion
The Lost Shores should have stayed lost.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

The problem with WoW is the nearly 10 year old dated graphics.

GW2 is not perfect but its all there really is currently for “new” in the stale fantasy MMO market.

When the current patch is released we will all learn answers to the following:

1. Can new content be added in a way that makes sense to all facets of the playerbase: casual, dedicated solo, dedicated guild, wvw, and pvp?
2. Will the Ranger class be playable or will all the people that made a Ranger and played it to 80 need to re-level another class?
3. Will there be a future for WvW or is this just going to be SPvP and some PvE type of game?

:S

Nothing wrong with ranger class so I don’t know what you are talking about. They are great in PvE and WvW so unless you mean sPvP again I say I have no idea what you are talking about lol.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?