The New Dailies -- Feedback welcome

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Before: 10 achievements = 10 AP
Now: 3 achievements = 10 AP

Before: Normal gameplay = 5-8AP
Now: Normal gameplay = 0 AP (unless you enjoy PvP/WvW)

Which one is better? Hmmm….

Some players seem to prefer the old system without much/any enforced grind.

The achievements take 10 minutes at most to do enough for your daily.

0 minutes of grind > 10 minutes of grind

The rest of your continued post is acknowledged as repeated efforts to make the situation black-and-white, and ignoring it as it merits no further reply.

PS: I’m not much of a PvE person anymore so I’ll just preemptively shut down any attempt to call out bias from my end.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

Just gonna repeat this:

@Lyssan

What purpose do you believe daily achievements should serve, if any?

Posted by: Lyssan.3768

Lyssan.3768

New new Dailys suck. Completely and utterly. I’m not going to waste 3 hours of my time on a kitten Fractal for a ONE PART of a frickn’ Daily achievement. I have a life, and 1-1 1/2 hours a day is should be MORE THAN ENOUGH time to get a frickn’ daily achievement.
Lets hope someone at ANet realizes what a kitten colossal screwup this is, and fixes it post-haste.

Have you actually tried the new daily system? You can do it in 10-15 minutes easy.
Claiming that it takes 3 hours to complete is an utter fabrication.

Try it before just making stuff up about it.

You better kitten belive I’ve done them. Hated every kitten minute of it. And as far as taking 3 hours, I could care less what YOU think, I know how much time it takes me to run one of those PITA Fractals. With a family, job, and kids, you better BELIEVE I know EXACTLY how long it takes.

I can only hope you’re trolling.

Why use the fractal achievement as an example when you can avoid it entirely? Go chop some lumber, trade in 25 badges for some siege weapon(s)…And finally, take a sentry or view a vista. 5-10minutes you’re done. Stop with the fabrications, please.

PS you sound kittened using caps to stress certain words.

Less kittened up than you do having an issue with someone who doesn’t choose to play the game or see things exactly the way you do.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

New new Dailys suck. Completely and utterly. I’m not going to waste 3 hours of my time on a kitten Fractal for a ONE PART of a frickn’ Daily achievement. I have a life, and 1-1 1/2 hours a day is should be MORE THAN ENOUGH time to get a frickn’ daily achievement.
Lets hope someone at ANet realizes what a kitten colossal screwup this is, and fixes it post-haste.

Why did you choose to do the Fractal run then ? I am honestly curious. It is possible to finish the daily in under 15 minutes. If your issue is not having three hours to dedicate to a Fractal run why would you choose to do that daily ?

Lyssan.3768

This thread is so full of fail. So many people not reading or attempting to understand the actual issue.

It’s not about the time.

It’s not about the rewards.

It’s about choice.

It’s not that hard to understand…. nor is it not that hard to not be a toxic kitten because someone has a different opinion than you.

They don’t see it apparently, and since they have no actual valid comeback to it, they go to the old standby of “well just try this or this,” or “shut up I don’t have an issue with this so why should you.”

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

What I like:

• That those who complained about “having” to do all the dailies to keep up with the achievement chase have been accommodated. Of course, this could have been done without making the other changes.

What I’m neutral about:

• Three more specific “tasks” instead of 5-8 tasks that could usually be completed wherever I happened to want to play. Less stuff to do, maybe less fun doing them, maybe not depending on the day.

What I dislike:

• Mouse click wars 2. Dear Grenth, that’s a load o’ clickin’.
  • Sigils n’ Runes that I have no interest in, that can’t be sold, and more mousin’ n’ clickin’ to get rid of them.
  • The focus has shifted. Before, I was able to play and get the reward that most interests me (laurels) by simply playing the game. There was a direct connection between playing and the desired reward. Now, the connection is between the desired reward and logging in. That certainly may not apply to everyone. It may only be me. However, I’m feeling less motivated to actually play.

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

Just gonna repeat this:

@Lyssan

1. rewards
2. get players to play

The problem is not with 1 but with 2.
Sure it’s quicker. More rewards for more restriction and less fun.
And again what’s the point of playing? => fun. More restriction => less fun.
It’s awful design.

(edited by Pino.5209)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Before: 10 achievements = 10 AP
Now: 3 achievements = 10 AP

Before: Normal gameplay = 5-8AP
Now: Normal gameplay = 0 AP (unless you enjoy PvP/WvW)

Which one is better? Hmmm….

Some players seem to prefer the old system without much/any enforced grind.

The achievements take 10 minutes at most to do enough for your daily.

0 minutes of grind > 10 minutes of grind

The rest of your continued post is acknowledged as repeated efforts to make the situation black-and-white, and ignoring it as it merits no further reply.

PS: I’m not much of a PvE person anymore so I’ll just preemptively shut down any attempt to call out bias from my end.

Grind? Really? I’ll keep asking this. Does AP really matter to you? That’s all the daily achievement system gives you.

How about this change just for the PvE-only players that want to opt to the older system.

You get 10 achievements that award 1 AP each. All of the instant completion achievements are removed such as the karma and laurel ones. Those really aren’t PvE anyway since you just talk to an NPC. If you do all 10 of these achievements through your normal play then okay but if not, you’re SOL.

Edit: I’ll also add that all of the individual achievements are back to how they were. For example, gatherer is back to 20 rather than 10 in a specific region.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Lyssan.3768

Have you actually tried the new daily system? You can do it in 10-15 minutes easy.
Claiming that it takes 3 hours to complete is an utter fabrication.

Try it before just making stuff up about it.

You better believe I’ve done them, and I hated every minute of it. With 8 toons, and 7 of them sitting at 90+% map completion (lacking WvW mostly), the last thing I want to do is run around and look at Vista’s I’ve already seen.

And as far as taking 3 hours, I could care less what YOU think, I know how much time it takes me to run one of those PITA Fractals. With a family, job, and kids, you better BELIEVE I know EXACTLY how long it takes. One of the reasons I’ve only run the frickn’ things under a dozen times.

You do realize you only have to do 3 of the options to get the Daily? And there were 4 PvE options including the Fractals one?

Or do you not want to gather wood in Kryta, do events in Silverwastes, and view an Ascalonian Vista?

And if one of those is not your cup of tea, how many Badges of Honor do you have from WvW? A WvW Daily is to spend Badges. Don’t even have to fight anyone.

Edit to fix Daily option for today.

Do you realise that the issue is the lack of choice more than the availability of the actual dailies’ areas? But while we’re on that point, new players, which I presume all these improvements are supposed to draw, would not have all of the areas yet necessarily, might not be interested in certain parts of the game, maybe later after they get more experience, like say to level 80 so they can actually survive in Silverwastes, and so on and so on. The fix is to have MORE options, not less. The fix is to NOT drive more people crazy with the bullkitten, and have them complaining about the kitten up in map chat by, and here’s a wild idea, NOT DOING kitten LIKE THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE. Less options in a game like this NOT better than more options.

Subdue.5479

Just gonna repeat this:

@Lyssan

1. rewards
2. get players to play

It’s awful.

Given that aside from AP, you actually get more rewards now just for showing up (laurels, and everything else in the 28 day track), without needing to complete any of the dailies, you could play EXACTLY the way you would have pre-patch and still be as well off if not better off than you were pre-patch.

(edited by Subdue.5479)

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

There are still 12 choices… not choosing something is not the same thing as no choice.

The old system had 2 PvP, 2WvW and 6 PvE ones.Now it’s 4 of each.
PvE players had a lot of choices… People in PvP and WvW had none.Now it’s 4 of each which brings the different mode on more equal footing.

The new system gives you 10AP for 3, plus additional rewards, plus a reward for just logging on. There is 4 PvE related dailys that are slighly more specific, you don’t have to step out of PvE to get your daily and you get more rewards.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

How about this change just for the PvE-only players that want to opt to the older system.

You get 10 achievements that award 1 AP each. All of the instant completion achievements are removed such as the karma and laurel ones.

I was okay up to this point.

Those really aren’t PvE anyway since you just talk to an NPC. If you do all 10 of these achievements through your normal play then okay but if not, you’re SOL.

…annnnnnd now you’re back at it again with your black-and-white, all-or-nothing BS.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

Lyssan.3768

It’s not about the time.

It’s not about the rewards.

It’s about choice.

This is understandable, but we do have a choice between a number of activities that are inherently fun and/or rewarding. So far, the benefits of this change far outweigh the inconvenience caused.

Uhm, no. You do have a very limited choice when before you had more choices. I forget the exact percentages, but at first you had to do a smaller percentage of the total dailies available to achieve the “daily achievement”. With the update before this, the percentage needed to get the daily achievement went up. You had to do the same total quantity, but the total number of choices was less. Now with this latest kitten up, you have even less choice now, and have to do a larger percentage to get the daily. Yes you have to complete less now, 3 instead of 5, but the percentage is much much higher. And don’t pull out the bullkitten argument for people who don’t want to do PvP or WvW should just shut up and do it. It is bullkitten coming from Anet, and it is bullkitten coming from you.

Somehow you still miss the point that it is about less and less choice every time they kitten with the dailies.

Pino.5209

Just gonna repeat this:

@Lyssan

1. rewards
2. get players to play

It’s awful.

Given that aside from AP, you actually get more rewards now just for showing up (laurels, and everything else in the 28 day track), without needing to complete any of the dailies, you could play EXACTLY the way you would have pre-patch and still be as well off if not better off than you were prepatch?

Perhaps you couldn’t read or something, like many said, it’ not about the reward. It’s about how you get that reward. Being forced to certain area to complete dailies to get more ap ==> less fun, even if it’s quicker.

Ayrilana.1396

You get 10 achievements that award 1 AP each. All of the instant completion achievements are removed such as the karma and laurel ones.

I was okay up to this point.

Those really aren’t PvE anyway since you just talk to an NPC. If you do all 10 of these achievements through your normal play then okay but if not, you’re SOL.

…annnnnnd now you’re back at it again with your black-and-white, all-or-nothing BS.

Why should you get the same benefits as those willing to try other areas of the game? What you’re getting is exactly the old system. The only things you’re not getting is the completion for doing 5 daily achievements which were moved to the login reward system.

Besides, in the old system there was only 8 PvE achievements so you’re actually benefiting with the additional 2 PvE achievements.

Lyssan.3768

I definitely agree that the choices feel restrictive, hopefully they tweak them a bit for future dailies. Overall I think players will be satisfied, as this change is exactly what a lot of us asked for.

I sure as kitten didn’t ask for this change. And I was too busy playing the game to lurk on the forums everyday to even see if they asked us. Because I would have been thoroughly against this change.

+1 Halthur, if anything I asked for MORE choices, not less. Ironically, I have spent more time on the forums lately over this latest kittenup than I have playing.

Subdue.5479

Just gonna repeat this:

@Lyssan

1. rewards
2. get players to play

It’s awful.

Given that aside from AP, you actually get more rewards now just for showing up (laurels, and everything else in the 28 day track), without needing to complete any of the dailies, you could play EXACTLY the way you would have pre-patch and still be as well off if not better off than you were prepatch?

Perhaps you couldn’t read or something, like many said, it’ not about the reward. It’a bout how you get that reward. Being forced to certain area to complete dailies to get more ap ==> less fun, even if it’s quicker.

Perhaps you couldn’t read or something, my point is that even if you just showed up every day and did the things you liked, ignored the things you didn’t, sometimes get the daily, sometimes not, because of the more generous rewards that you get just for showing up, you are still coming out ahead compared to where you would be under the old system playing exactly the same way.

Pino.5209

I definitely agree that the choices feel restrictive, hopefully they tweak them a bit for future dailies. Overall I think players will be satisfied, as this change is exactly what a lot of us asked for.

I sure as kitten didn’t ask for this change. And I was too busy playing the game to lurk on the forums everyday to even see if they asked us. Because I would have been thoroughly against this change.

+1 Halthur, if anything I asked for MORE choices, not less. Ironically, I have spent more time on the forums lately over this latest kittenup than I have playing.

I don’t think any 1 ask for this, they just sit on toilet and poop it out of the blue. Just like traits and NPE.
Here is what i am asking : FIX CONDITION DAMAGE PROBLEM.

Pino.5209

Just gonna repeat this:

@Lyssan

1. rewards
2. get players to play

It’s awful.

Perhaps you couldn’t read or something, like many said, it’ not about the reward. It’a bout how you get that reward. Being forced to certain area to complete dailies to get more ap ==> less fun, even if it’s quicker.

Perhaps you couldn’t read or something, my point is that even if you just showed up every day and did the things you liked, ignored the things you didn’t, sometimes get the daily, sometimes not, because of the more generous rewards that you get just for showing up, you are still coming out ahead compared to where you would be under the old system playing exactly the same way.

Lol keep drinking the koolaid. You are the one who can’t read. You still insisting and talking about rewards. It’s not about coming out ahead on rewards comparing to previous system.
It’s about CHOICES and HOW YOU GET THAT REWARDS.
It is certainly more restrictive and less fun now albeit far quicker and more rewards.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I don’t think any 1 ask for this, they just sit on toilet and poop it out of the blue. Just like traits and NPE.

Instead of a childish poop analogy why not make a constructive post about what changes you would make to the condition issue?

And as for the other guy about to burst a blood vessel… take a break you are getting way too worked up here about a game, little scary actually.

Subdue.5479

Just gonna repeat this:

@Lyssan

1. rewards
2. get players to play

It’s awful.

Lol keep drinking the koolaid. You are the one who can’t read. You still insisting and talking about rewards. It’s not about coming out ahead on rewards comparing to previous system.
It’s about CHOICES and HOW YOU GET THAT REWARDS.
It is certainly more restrictive and less fun now albeit far quicker and more rewards.

If it’s not about the rewards, why can’t you ignore the rewards and play the way you like while still passively receiving them anyway?

Lyssan.3768

I’m neutral on the change to dailies. That said if you don’t like them vote with your actions. Just don’t do them. Anet collects data on what players are doing or are not doing. If you don’t agree with the change to dailies don’t do the daily activities. If you disagree with the change even more stop logging in. That’s the best way to vote regarding this change as opposed to posting here.

Problem with that idea is I don’t think it will be enough of a voice to the issues we have with it, and by the time the “vote with the wallet” option is excercised and seen by the powers that made this kittened up decision, it will be too late, imo. I don’t think it was just the people not using it issue that made them sit up and take notice about the gem exchange kitten up, but the forums as well. Anet will either change or not as they feel are necessary, and the more voices that are heard through more methods, the more chance we have to get their attention, and let them know this is one change they need to change back.

Posted by: Kheo.2504

Kheo.2504

Most of the arguments I’ve seen against the new system involve

a) I don’t want to play certain aparts of the game (PvP/WvW)
b) I don’t like the more restrictive new dailies (i.e. Caledon Harvester vs Daily Gatherer)
c) They take too long
d) This is too in favor of the NPE
(and ironically by the same person)
e) This is too detrimental to the NPE

I think what everyone needs to do is consider why they were doing the old dailies. If your answer is AP, chances are you aren’t complaining too much about the change. If you completed them for the Laurel or Mystic Coin, you’re now covered by the Login Rewards. If you did them for the experience, the Login Rewards carry Tomes of Knowledge. And if you did them (as I’ve seen a few times here) to “enrich your experience” by grinding some aspect of the game for a few minutes, then I’m really not sure what it is you want, but I hope you find it.

As for the NPE, it’s a mixed bag. New players generally won’t care about the Achievements for the first week or so, and thus don’t feel the need to do all three dailies for the meta. In this, they get less AP before reaching high level areas. In exchange, however, they get boxes of equipment, crafting materials, currency, etc. for just doing things they would anyways, like picking some onions with their level 6 Sylvari, or putting out burning cows with their level 2 Human.

It really comes down to your attitude as a player, and whether you’ll go down kicking and screaming (Queensdale Train Conductors) or at least give the new system a chance. I notice the original post was made about one hour after the update rolled in. Not likely to be an open-minded player, based on how quickly their violent allergy to change flared up.

Life doesn’t give me lemons anymore, not after what happened last time.

Lyssan.3768

I reckon the change is awesome, boggles my mind (okay not really) that people are actually complaining about a system that requires less work and more rewards. Then again some people just like to complain.

People are complaining about the lack of choices, not so much the system part. And I, to some extent, and also complaining about the less work and more rewards part as it devalues previously earned awards.

Pino.5209

Instead of a childish poop analogy why not make a constructive post about what changes you would make to the condition issue?

And as for the other guy about to burst a blood vessel… take a break you are getting way too worked up here about a game, little scary actually.

What constructive output do you really want from us? Even there is a constructive one, Aanet will not listen, like NPE and traits changes. Hence, the poop analogy is not really childish but really a well deserved one.

Lol, Condition Damage problem has been around for 2 years, since day1. Many has posted suggestions, feel free to do a search.
My point was ppl wants it fix yet none ask for NPE, traits and daily system change.

Lyssan.3768

You can go to the bank and ask for more money just because you feel like it. Are they likely to just give it to you? If they do and I had an account with that bank, I would close it as soon as I found out about them doing stuff like this. There are sometimes that change just because someone asks for it is NOT a good thing. IDK about you, but I certainly didn’t ask for less choices on the dailies.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I would like to join in the “don’t like it” crowd. It’s too specific, too confining, having to do 3/4 options that are each very specific. No. For this new system to be functional, they need to either:

A. Vastly increase the amount of available achievements, instead of needing 3/4 it should be more like 3/6 or even 3/9 of these new options, giving you some flexibility to ignore more of the ones you might have zero interest in doing.

OR

B. Greatly expand the flexibility of each achievement. Instead of “Kill the Jungle Wurm,” make it “kill any World Boss.” Instead of “Harvest 4 plants in Maguuma Jungle,” make it “Harvest 20 things, anywhere you like.”

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Lyssan.3768

Wow people are really defending this change… I didn’t realize the game had sunk so low that something like this is actually defensible….

Same could be said about those against the change.

Yea, except I think the common sense view says that taking away options (which Anet has now done twice to the daily achievements) is usually less desirable than adding more options, or in some cases leaving the available options alone. So the “same thing could be said about those against the change” part really doesn’t hold up.

Oh, that and the fact that people are in here spending so much time complaining about the kittenup Anet did to the dailies instead of working on those dailies, because they now suck, should tell you something. And yes I did try the new dailies system.

The only part about the opposition to the new system that I agree with is that it took away options. However, I believe that the 10 AP by doing just 3 achievements, and that they’re quicker to do, more than make up for it.

People complain for various reasons. Many people have complained without even trying it. Other people complain just to complain. Just because people complain doesn’t mean that it’s inherently a bad update. People are more likely to complain than praise.

Quicker to do, like getting to level 80 to get to be able to survive Silverwastes? That’s quicker how again?

I am not complaining just to complain, I am complaining with specific points listed, and just because some people are defending this doesn’t automatically make it a good update either.

Also, as far as the less likely to praise, as I posted elsewhere, if you see something wrong and don’t say anything, that mus mean that you are OK with it. If I see something worthy of praise, I will do so, and have done here and in map chat. Some of the improvements they have done were actual improvements. Wardrobe skins and acct wide dyes are a portion, though even things with that need to still be fixed.

Subdue.5479

For those of you arguing that the new system is more restrictive, why do you feel compelled to do the dailies at all? This is a serious question by the way. You’re obviously not AP hunters, as AP hunters have been begging for a change like this for years. Why can you not simply forgo the daily achievements?

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

/agree. I dislike the fractals in this game and wont play them because they are a hassle. I hate PvP (no matter what stupid nomenclature it’s labeled with), and will not participate. If Anet doesn’t wish to make sure I have a game to play outside of that extra junk, then I simply wont give them any money.

Subdue.5479

Also, can we please stop with the “LOLNEWPLAYERTRYINGTOGETTOSILVERWASTE” argument? You don’t need to go to Silverwaste to complete the daily for a newplayer, because a newplayer only needs to complete 1 of the achievements to get credit. That could be looking at a vista, or gathering some wood.

Lyssan.3768

I think some of you are missing the forest for the trees, so to speak. At worst, if one absolutely does not want to complete the dailies, they’ll lose out on 10 AP. Not a big whoop either way.

On the other hand, we’re getting loads of amazing stuff just for showing up!

Seriously, you just log in and collect stuff. How are you guys not psyched about this?

Uhm, because it devalues the actually earned items that people actually did work to earn? It is like you scrimping and saving and spending your hard earned money on a kick kitten one of a kind car you special ordered, then 2 days later, your next door neighbor has the exact same car and they only paid like $100 for it.

At worst before, if people actively tried to achieve the dailies before or not, they earned probably 1-2 to maybe as many as enough for the daily achievement by doing nothing other than what they were going to do anyway. Where as now, they would be missing out, as you said, on the entire 10 AP. IDK about you, but me personally, I am perfectly fine with getting 1-2 achievement points over none at all.

To me, more options in this game is a better idea than less, and I for one do not appreciate the efforts Anet has made to try to force me and others into other parts of the game, starting with, I believe, requiring the WvW maps to be done for 100% map completion.

Posted by: Amroth.2170

Amroth.2170

Also, can we please stop with the “LOLNEWPLAYERTRYINGTOGETTOSILVERWASTE” argument? You don’t need to go to Silverwaste to complete the daily for a newplayer, because a newplayer only needs to complete 1 of the achievements to get credit. That could be looking at a vista, or gathering some wood.

Of the two achieves that you could possibly do as a low level character, each was set in a specific map that many lowbies might not have and might not even be feasible for them to get to if they’re just starting out. Having only four very specific tasks for PvE dailies is incredibly restricting any way you look at it. Yeah, you can supplement with PvP or WvW, but why build a system that forces players into content? They should discover and experience those aspects of the game at their own pace. It seems like a lot of the adventure and discovery of the game has disappeared, only to be replaced with ANet’s heavy handed attempts to shepherd us through areas of the game that they feel need more traffic.

And honestly, that’s what bugs me the most: that I’m being coerced into something. I can even ignore the dailies, to be honest, but its the login rewards that have me eyeing the uninstall option. I mean, getting former daily rewards, that required actual effort… just for logging in? It just feels like a ploy to boost logins, and I really don’t want to be a part of it.

Posted by: Imperios.2543

Imperios.2543

One question.

How is one supposed to level now? Dailies were one of the main sources of XP.

Lyssan.3768

I love the changes to the dailies. My whole reason for doing them up until this point was to get laurels to make ascended armor. I have 7 characters now in ascended armor/weapons and 2 legendary weapons. I’ll be the first to admit that I work a well paying job and can afford to buy/sell gems in game to pay for the crafting mats so up until now the only thing dictating when and where I HAD to play was the old daily in order to earn laurels.

The AP system in GW2 pales in comparison to almost every other game out there and it boils down to basically a couple gold, a couple free gems and some armor skins (some players seem to think it establishes some form of elitist rank). I see my fellow guildies out there with 20k+ AP and I have to wonder when they have had time to actually go out and enjoy the game.

Good call Anet, the ones who want to earn AP can do so in the manner they wish now and those of us who could care less still get the laurels for just logging in each day.

There are even LESS choices on how to do things now than before, and yet “the ones who want to earn AP can do so in the manner they wish now” how exactly? I must be missing something you are seeing here then, because as I see see it, now there are less ways to earn AP “in the manner they wish”, not more.

Subdue.5479

I think some of you are missing the forest for the trees, so to speak. At worst, if one absolutely does not want to complete the dailies, they’ll lose out on 10 AP. Not a big whoop either way.

Seriously, you just log in and collect stuff. How are you guys not psyched about this?

Uhm, because it devalues the actually earned items that people actually did work to earn? It is like you scrimping and saving and spending your hard earned money on a kick kitten one of a kind car you special ordered, then 2 days later, your next door neighbor has the exact same car and they only paid like $100 for it.

At worst before, if people actively tried to achieve the dailies before or not, they earned probably 1-2 to maybe as many as enough for the daily achievement by doing nothing other than what they were going to do anyway. Where as now, they would be missing out, as you said, on the entire 10 AP. IDK about you, but me personally, I am perfectly fine with getting 1-2 achievement points over none at all.

To me, more options in this game is a better idea than less, and I for one do not appreciate the efforts Anet has made to try to force me and others into other parts of the game, starting with, I believe, requiring the WvW maps to be done for 100% map completion.

Correction: If you were only getting 1-2 AP before, then you’re ahead now, because while you’re not getting 1-2 AP anymore, you’re getting laurels, as well as the other stuff in the track.

Lyssan.3768

I guess you missed where I posted that I was doing the dailies for the exp on my alts, you know, not level 80 yet. Due to the NPE grind. And that I absolutely detest PvP. And prior to this fiasco, it didn’t matter what level you character was at, you could complete the PvE dailies.

Isn’t the exp gained from dailies more or less negligible? Login rewards give 10 free levels via Tomes of Knowledge on the 27th login. Not a bad trade-off, imo.

Which I could have gotten more than that before from doing dailies, and exploring in the area if I didn’t have it yet and the daily called for it, and events, and running around with guildies who were also working on a new char, and didn’t have all the areas yet. So yea, getting less instead of more IS a bad trade off.

Subdue.5479

Of the two achieves that you could possibly do as a low level character, each was set in a specific map that many lowbies might not have and might not even be feasible for them to get to if they’re just starting out. Having only four very specific tasks for PvE dailies is incredibly restricting any way you look at it. Yeah, you can supplement with PvP or WvW, but why build a system that forces players into content? They should discover and experience those aspects of the game at their own pace. It seems like a lot of the adventure and discovery of the game has disappeared, only to be replaced with ANet’s heavy handed attempts to shepherd us through areas of the game that they feel need more traffic.

And honestly, that’s what bugs me the most: that I’m being coerced into something. I can even ignore the dailies, to be honest, but its the login rewards that have me eyeing the uninstall option. I mean, getting former daily rewards, that required actual effort… just for logging in? It just feels like a ploy to boost logins, and I really don’t want to be a part of it.

…What are you talking about? A level 1 player can both gather wood in Kryta (Queensdale) and look at a Vista in Ascalon (Plains of Ashford, or even Black Citadel). And a new, level 1 player, only needs to complete 1 item from the entire list to receive the 10AP.

Pino.5209

For those of you arguing that the new system is more restrictive, why do you feel compelled to do the dailies at all? This is a serious question by the way. You’re obviously not AP hunters, as AP hunters have been begging for a change like this for years. Why can you not simply forgo the daily achievements?

Because it’s fun to have a target when playing game, AP is one of them. Hence, i want to have fun while hunting for AP.
The problem with new system is: it is restrictive, which suck the fun out of it.

Subdue.5479

I guess you missed where I posted that I was doing the dailies for the exp on my alts, you know, not level 80 yet. Due to the NPE grind. And that I absolutely detest PvP. And prior to this fiasco, it didn’t matter what level you character was at, you could complete the PvE dailies.

Isn’t the exp gained from dailies more or less negligible? Login rewards give 10 free levels via Tomes of Knowledge on the 27th login. Not a bad trade-off, imo.

Which I could have gotten more than that before from doing dailies, and exploring in the area if I didn’t have it yet and the daily called for it, and events, and running around with guildies who were also working on a new char, and didn’t have all the areas yet. So yea, getting less instead of more IS a bad trade off.

- Exploring an area
- Events
-Running around with guildies

Which of these are you no longer able to do?

Lyssan.3768

You now receive tome of knowledge for simply logging in. Far better than trying to level up using dailies. Just saying.

Really, really …./sigh. You know what I got for logging in today?
Two coins, because I was playing after 4pm yesterday doing my dailies, crafting, and various other things.

Sure, but by the end of the 28 day period, you will have 16 tomes of knowledge (if you decide to take the tome chest at the end) otherwise it’s 10 tomes. Still, 10 tomes you invested zero time into.

So as payment for that choice of getting the experience we would have gotten from the old system to get those levels already, we have the choice of basically paying for it with laurels we would have gotten otherwise from the monthlies.

Subdue.5479

Because it’s fun to have a target when playing game, AP is one of them. Hence, i want to have fun while hunting for AP.
The problem with new system is: it is restrictive, which suck the fun out of it.

So… you want to “Hunt AP” while doing absolutely nothing outside of your norm? That’s not hunting, that’s being spoonfed.

Lyssan.3768

The doing of the dailies would also give additional experience. And a little bit each day would likely add up. Especially if they felt like playing the character for longer than it took to get the daily done.

Ah, I’ve never felt like dailies contributed much to my progress.

At this point a lot of the objections to the new system seem unreasonable and whiny, like a person who won a prize and is annoyed that they have to leave home to collect it.

Hard to tell if I’m White-Knighting or ANet really did good with this update. I’m a bit sorry that so many people are bummed about something I think is awesome.

At this point then, it is my guess, that you are either missing the actual complaint about the new system, or else you are one of those “you don’t see things how I do so you are just whining” types.

Pino.5209

So… you want to “Hunt AP” while doing absolutely nothing outside of your norm? That’s not hunting, that’s being spoonfed.

What are you smoking? On the contrary, this new system actually more synonymous with your “spoonfed” term. Log in do nothing for rewards, do less, more restriction for more rewards.

You have to do and can do more things while hunting for AP on old system. You can choose where and how to complete them. Dungeons, WvW, spvp, fractals, roaming world event. It certainly not spoonfed and more flexible.

Ayrilana.1396

Wow people are really defending this change… I didn’t realize the game had sunk so low that something like this is actually defensible….

Same could be said about those against the change.

Yea, except I think the common sense view says that taking away options (which Anet has now done twice to the daily achievements) is usually less desirable than adding more options, or in some cases leaving the available options alone. So the “same thing could be said about those against the change” part really doesn’t hold up.

Oh, that and the fact that people are in here spending so much time complaining about the kittenup Anet did to the dailies instead of working on those dailies, because they now suck, should tell you something. And yes I did try the new dailies system.

The only part about the opposition to the new system that I agree with is that it took away options. However, I believe that the 10 AP by doing just 3 achievements, and that they’re quicker to do, more than make up for it.

People complain for various reasons. Many people have complained without even trying it. Other people complain just to complain. Just because people complain doesn’t mean that it’s inherently a bad update. People are more likely to complain than praise.

Quicker to do, like getting to level 80 to get to be able to survive Silverwastes? That’s quicker how again?

I am not complaining just to complain, I am complaining with specific points listed, and just because some people are defending this doesn’t automatically make it a good update either.

Also, as far as the less likely to praise, as I posted elsewhere, if you see something wrong and don’t say anything, that mus mean that you are OK with it. If I see something worthy of praise, I will do so, and have done here and in map chat. Some of the improvements they have done were actual improvements. Wardrobe skins and acct wide dyes are a portion, though even things with that need to still be fixed.

I’m not talking about new players. Only a small percentage of the player base doesn’t have at least one level 80.

Subdue.5479

What are you smoking? On the contrary, this new system actually more synonymous with your “spoonfed” term. Log in do nothing for rewards, do less, more restriction for more rewards.

You have to do and can do more things while hunting for AP on old system. You can choose where and how to complete them. Dungeons, WvW, spvp, fractals, roaming world event. It certainly not spoonfed and more flexible.

Do I really need to go back and quote how many times you and Lyssan said it takes you 0 minutes of effort because you’re just doing your own thing and happen to get the AP under the old system?

Amroth.2170

…What are you talking about? A level 1 player can both gather wood in Kryta (Queensdale) and look at a Vista in Ascalon (Plains of Ashford, or even Black Citadel). And a new, level 1 player, only needs to complete 1 item from the entire list to receive the 10AP.

If they’re human or charr… or figure out to use the gate system in their home city.

I fail to see how adding hoops to jump through for everyone, new players included, is an improvement over the old system that rewarding you for simply playing the game.

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Anyone know what achievements are available today for players with characters only under level 10?

~~~

The number of available achievements per day is based on the highest-level character on an account:

Levels 1 – 10: 1 achievement per category
Levels 11 – 30: 3 achievements per category
Levels 31 – 80: 4 achievements per category

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Subdue.5479

If they’re human or charr… or figure out to use the gate system in their home city.

There’s always google, or the wiki, but I’d recommend you do a little experiment instead. Stand in any starter zone or town, and type in mapchat, “I’m new, how do I get to Kryta?” Then tell us how long it takes for someone to tell you, or even show you the way.

Edit:

You and Pino need to have a talk. He just finished arguing that the old system was harder, though technically before that he argued it was easier… Anyways, all of you whiners should get together and get your stories straight.

(edited by Subdue.5479)

Amroth.2170

Anyone know what achievements are available today for players with characters only under level 10?

~~~

The number of available achievements per day is based on the highest-level character on an account:

Levels 1 – 10: 1 achievement per category
Levels 11 – 30: 3 achievements per category
Levels 31 – 80: 4 achievements per category

Is it pegged to your level or is it any random achievement on the list? People were saying you wouldn’t have to go to the Silverwastes at lvl1.