I do enjoy journey for my Legendary :)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kacigarka.5176

Kacigarka.5176

Hey guys,

So because there are so many topics about how players dont enjoy journey for Legendary weapons, I had to create a post about how I do enjoy it

All I need to do is play the game which I love. Doing events, dungeons whichever I want and that gives me arounds me around 10-15 +- gold a day. Then doing wvw with my guild or JP at EB gives me required badges and sometimes I am just leveling alt when burned out from my main

So yea, I do enjoy actual way of obtaining Legendary weapons.

I have 1350 hours played and I already crafted my Juggernaut and now I am working on The Predator. I do it because I really enjoyed it and when I finished my Juggeranut, It was kitten awesome feeling.

There are a lot of peope who thinks everyone who have Legendary weapons are just hackers/boters/gold buyers or whatever, dont listen to those players. They are usually just jealous, nothing else. Because there are hundereds of players who got them legit way like me.

So thank you areanet for this awesome game

And I am looking forward for new expansions + please upgrade some of the Legendary weapons so they are on pair with the rest (footprints, effects, etc.)

Attachments:

(edited by Kacigarka.5176)

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

:OOO looking good buddy! soon, i shall have Juggernaut slung over my back in Norn T3 cultural, heh. ; ))) Sylvari cultural is easily my second favourite! and congrats!!!!!

i too enjoy my journey towards my lengedary. all i really am doing is just playing the game a lot, all different areas of it (save sPvP). i don’t get 10-15 gold a day lol but i’m definitely making money each day as well. and it’s my own fault when i splurge on other random stuff in game haha.

sharing the same sentiments! looking forward to newer and greater things in the years to come. really hope this is going to be a long term journey for me and the fam. heh ; )) thanks for the share!

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Kacigarka.5176

Good luck man And I envy you because I sometimes regret not going for Norn myself, they look kitten awesome !!!

Just post a topic when your done so I can see how kitten it looks on Norn

also. Happy new year !

Posted by: Nayru.4537

Nayru.4537

Hmm 1350 hours in 4 months, that’s over 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day.

That’s what I’ll think now every time I see somebody with a legendary.

Yes – my name is Nayru and I am a guy – we play games too, get over it.

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Gratz. I share the feelings, I made my Kudzu in ~800h of normal play, just for fun – no grind/farm. It’s annoying to see all those – I don’t even know how to call them – who think you need to cheat or sth for it.

Hmm 1350 hours in 4 months, that’s over 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day.

Notice when you are afking it’s still counting your time.

Nayru.4537

Gratz. I share the feelings, I made my Kudzu in ~800h of normal play, just for fun – no grind/farm. It’s annoying to see all those – I don’t even know how to call them – who think you need to cheat or sth for it.

Notice when you are afking it’s still counting your time.

So you came to the conclusion that he was afk for that time? Very much doubt it.
P.S. Lots of people exploited to get pre cursors. Exploiting = cheating.

Posted by: Tuccos.8592

Tuccos.8592

sad isnt it ? just sad what young people do with their lifetime these days…..

this guy writes as if it is honorable to play a game for 1350 hours.

(edited by Tuccos.8592)

Posted by: BUTTERBLUME.3217

BUTTERBLUME.3217

Hope that comment made you feel better about your life, lol.

Posted by: Tuccos.8592

Tuccos.8592

yea better at the beach surfing some while getting tanned skin meeting nice girls than 1350 hours at my desk with a mouse and keyboard on it or drinking tons of Ice tea and meeting the Pizza boy every day because i have nothing else in mind but playing a computer game ….

i already felt good dude ……. very good even !

BUTTERBLUME.3217

Your life must be very miserable really if you can not stop making such comments.

Posted by: MuffinOrama.7531

MuffinOrama.7531

yea better at the beach surfing some while getting tanned skin meeting nice girls than 1350 hours at my desk with a mouse and keyboard on it or drinking tons of Ice tea and meeting the Pizza boy every day because i have nothing else in mind but playing a computer game ….

Ignore this guy, he’s just being jelly

Gratz on the Juggernaut, OP! Pics with the weapon drawn? :O

Posted by: Cycloney.2640

Cycloney.2640

1000+ hours and still didn’t kill Zhiatan or different character? :P

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

1350 hours.

Legendary effort for a legendary item.

Nayru.4537

Ignore this guy, he’s just being jelly

Gratz on the Juggernaut, OP! Pics with the weapon drawn? :O

He’s being jelly? Looking at what he said he really doesn’t care. Seems like he’s living in the real world to me.

BUTTERBLUME.3217

Or he lied, sorry to burst your bubble.

Kacigarka.5176

Well I know that 1350 hours is a lot. But that is because I am on colledge + I had really a lot of time to play for the last 5 months. Dont worry, I never order pizza home, I do live healthy life and have a girlfriend and I do hit the gym for 5 years about 4 times a week. So I am pretty happy with my life at the moment.

I didnt finish story because tbh I dont enjoy them in Guild Wars 2. But I killed Zhaitan on different character, one time is enought

So ye, I did enjoy the journey and I dont care if you have anything against it

P.S.: We dont have beach here, I live in Prague and all we do have here is night life and big shopping malls Good for you, that you have one.

Here is the picture as you requested

Attachments:

Nayru.4537

Or he lied, sorry to burst your bubble.

Or it just seems unbelievable to you that GW2 isn’t their life. “Sorry to burst your bubble” rofl

BUTTERBLUME.3217

People lie, and if he has to make 3 posts about how good his life is compared to a person showing his legendary item…

Oh, and no need to attack me personally

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

10-11 hours a day, but how does the society you live in works O_o

Anyway, I’m a regular nerd (2-4 hours a day most of the time, no more free time, but 12 hours a day during weekends/holidays) and sorry if I do not enjoy this “journey” as much as you do.

Kacigarka.5176

10-11 hours a day, but how does the society you live in works O_o

Anyway, I’m a regular nerd (2-4 hours a day most of the time, no more free time, but 12 hours a day during weekends/holidays) and sorry if I do not enjoy this “journey” as much as you do.

Hah this is funny

I really didnt want anyone to prove me how his life is better or whatever. These are game forums and I dont really asked about what do you think about my reaI life. I dont care and I dont have any intentions to prove you wrong.

I dont know you, you dont know me soo .. yea

This topic is about Guild Wars 2 so If you can be that kind and dont post comments like this one anymore. Thanks

If you want to discuss real life matters, just create new topic and I will join

Nayru.4537

Would you only talk about GW2 in it?

Kacigarka.5176

Ofcourse. Guild Wars 2 is real life so what else you wanna talk about?!

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I love how these threads descend in to “get a life”. Who are you to tell someone else what they should be doing with themselves? It’s almost like the concept of fun is objective and in no way depends on the person. There really is no reason to be bitter here.

Congrats, OP.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

Nayru.4537

Well because you play 10 hours a day I guess it pretty much is. I don’t play 10 hours a day though so I’d have a few things to say I suppose.

BUTTERBLUME.3217

Well, I am awake 18ish hours a day. Plus I do not think you are in a position to judge anyone here.

Kacigarka.5176

Well because you play 10 hours a day I guess it pretty much is. I don’t play 10 hours a day though so I’d have a few things to say I suppose.

What do you do normaly per day?

I didnt want to say this .. but ye I study colledge and when I dont study, I have free time only. Yes I come from rich family and I didnt have to go to work yet, waiting to finish my Master degree next year first.

Who are you to judge what someone else does in his life maybe you are jealous that I have so much free time, that is not my problem.

Anyways, I wont reply to your posts anymore because I find them really not worth it. So yea good luck in your real life

Anyways, thats guys and I wish you all happy new year !!!

Nayru.4537

I didnt want to say this .. but ye I study colledge and when I dont stury, I have free time only. Yes I come from rich family and I didnt have to go to work yet, waiting to finish my Master degree next year.

Who are you to judge what someone else does in his life maybe you are jealous that I have so much free time, that is not my problem.

I am extremely jealous that you play GW2 10 hours a day, 7 days a week… what gave it away?

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

Congrats on your legendary.

No, really.

I don’t begrudge you having a legendary. You’re welcome to have your time to brag about it. I just don’t agree with your belief that the existing system for getting Legendaries is okay.

When I imagine a “legendary journey” as you put it, I’m thinking more along the lines of Frodo taking the One Ring to Mount Doom. Or Bilbo going after Smaug’s gold hoard. I don’t imagine Sam sitting in Frodo’s garden, chopping down 250 of every plant he sees so that he can toss all of them into a big glowing hole in the ground so as to fashion the legendary Salad Fork of the Shire.

I’m sorry that you disagree, but I don’t see anything “legendary” about Legendaries right now. And I’ll continue to feel that way long after I’ve obtained my Kudzu. It’s just not the glorious epic that I imagined it would be, and I’m sincerely disappointed that the dev team romanticized them into something they’re definitely not.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

BUTTERBLUME.3217

So bitter, cheer up a little. Leave the forums and do something else, since you do not seem to enjoy your time here.

Posted by: TheSaint.8072

TheSaint.8072

I do not understand this kind of topics.

Grats for legendary… but calling a “journey” like you have done something difficult except farming , it is too much.

Have a nice gaming year… possibly with something that reward skills or group efforts.

All Life end in Death, and Death…is only the beginning…

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

So many bitter people here, it’s hilarious!

Can’t wait until they’re gone. Then we can start all the threads about the necessity for server mergers. Or stare at dead forums; that’s always fun, and the hallmark of a great game.

Posted by: Kakeru.2873

Kakeru.2873

Grats I guess.

Tough dude don’t be so proud of playing this game for 1350 hours, not going to say it’s a waste of 1350 hours of your life or anything but, consider doing other things now?

Kacigarka.5176

Grats I guess.

Tough dude don’t be so proud of playing this game for 1350 hours, not going to say it’s a waste of 1350 hours of your life or anything but, consider doing other things now?

I was never proud about it. Now I have to focus on school and dont plan to play that much anymore

@Valento is right about that

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Fact is, once you get at least one kittening legendary you will enjoy getting others.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Kakeru.2873

Kakeru.2873

Grats I guess.

I was never proud about it. Now I have to focus on school and dont plan to play that much anymore

@Valento is right about that

Good to hear!

Posted by: Midnightjade.3520

Midnightjade.3520

I am working on a Legendary and am really enjoying it – much more than I thought I would. That may change as I get into the WvWvW part of it but I needed an excuse to get into that side of the game anyway.

I don’t play that much – just a couple of hundred hours so far and so finishing this is going to take me a while. But there’s really no rush and I can see myself enjoying doing this for the next several months.

I played FFXI for many years (8) and never managed a Relic/Legendary in that game, which relies much more on scheduled events involving many players. GW2 is much more forgiving for someone like me with a job, wife and kids, and it’s nice to be able to work on something like this on my own schedule.

Onyx: Norn Guardian 80. Queen in Tatters: Asura Mesmer 80.
[The Flameseeker Prophecies] 4/11/13
Itinerant, no guild.

Kacigarka.5176

I am working on a Legendary and am really enjoying it – much more than I thought I would. That may change as I get into the WvWvW part of it but I needed an excuse to get into that side of the game anyway.

I don’t play that much – just a couple of hundred hours so far and so finishing this is going to take me a while. But there’s really no rush and I can see myself enjoying doing this for the next several months.

I played FFXI for many years (8) and never managed a Relic/Legendary in that game, which relies much more on scheduled events involving many players. GW2 is much more forgiving for someone like me with a job, wife and kids, and it’s nice to be able to work on something like this on my own schedule.

Good luck man good to hear that I am not alone. If you dont enjoy WvW or something, you can just do EB jumping puzzle, that gives you 12-16 badges per one character per day.

Posted by: Luggernaut.6785

Luggernaut.6785

I like how everyone on these forums “works out 7 days a week and goes white water rafting, hiking fishing and skydiving.” Be real….when would you have the time if you play this game for even 8 hours a day?

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

I like how everyone on these forums “works out 7 days a week and goes white water rafting, hiking fishing and skydiving.” Be real….when would you have the time if you play this game for even 8 hours a day?

Yeah, man. That and marathon-watching five seasons of breaking bad, its a tough life. Tsk. First-world problems.

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

gratz OP! the journey is indeed rewarding. i learned so much about the game while crafting mine.

the amount of negativity is astounding. but i’ll take a cue and next time i’m out at a marathon, i’ll find the first place finisher and go on a tirade about how he WASTED 1350 hours of his life on a journey to get that gold medal when he could have been at the beach, clubbing, drinking, etc like all you cool people irl.

nerdrage is funny. you white water rafters and 6pack ab surfer models with more girls than fingers on your hands. truly i am jealous of your lives and yet you spend your time here raining on other peoples’ accomplishments. just lol.

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

Some people need to get out of the closet, anyway you can make a legendary in no time, also for me is a waste of time i dont like any actually.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

Posted by: MaxTwelve.4725

MaxTwelve.4725

Congrats to you. We have several players in The Acolytes with legendary’s and none are anything other than avid players.

We do lots of runs to support players when they are working on one. We have threads on our forums listing progress and asking for help with parts that might be slowing someone. It takes a time investment and some intelligence to look for best methods to get the materials, but in no way has to be anything to do with exploiting.

Get some friends or a Guild to help, it is a large part of what makes the time spent in a game fun. being on a voice server, chatting, joking being social and entertained at the same time you are on that legendary journey.

Member of Acolytes Gaming Community
Http://www.acolytescommunity.com – http://www.youtube.com/user/AcolytesCommunity

Posted by: Crome.5316

Crome.5316

Legendary Weapon have some bad taste. How should I describe… ehm….
You need much time ingame which could be needed IRL.
Much resources which could be obtained illegal or or by using other players by using much time which also could used IRL. I m asking myself if I start making one of these weapons. Of course some of them are looking cool. But I don´t know if if they are seen as nerdy weapons.
If does making this weapon slowly like:" I played this game for 2 years an it seems like I have most of parts for a legendary, well … let´s make one !"
But as long they are not stronger than a regular exotic weapon they are not a weapon of losers.

Posted by: Predator.9214

Predator.9214

I agree with the OP 100%. I do too enjoy my road to Twilight. It has been stated milion times on this forum that legendary weapons should be a long term goal, and I think when ANet said “we don’t make grindy games”, they weren’t lying. Aquiring legendaries should happen over long time of period, by doing everything that a game offers. The problem is the people. People want it now, this moment, which, thinking that way, turns a road to legendary a grind.
It’s not a lie that there is some imbalance in prices, but let me tell you, I’d rather have it this way, than everyone running around with legendaries.
My two cents. Doesn’t mean I’m right, but playing this way is most enjoyable for me.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)
Assassin Stef (Daredevil)
Snow Crows (SC) | Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well life goes waste anyways no matter what you do.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Slay For Bank.5462

Slay For Bank.5462

I wish I could say the same, but alas! I got a bit over-zealous with my grinding and sort of crashed and burned, but I do think I’ll get my grind back on sometime in the near future :P

Haven Community [HC]

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

I agree. Any game that rewards people for throwing away their lives like that has some serious issues. If players cannot control themselves, the game needs a way to prevent them from hurting themselves.

Besides, the irony is that acquiring the Legendaries currently require very little other than time spent. This way, whenever you see someone with a Legendary, it’s right to think “here is someone who has spent a lot of time playing this game”, as opposed to “this is a very good player” (Legendaries require no skill at all).

If the game lasts enough time that even the casual players who play 2 hours per day have reached 2000 hours played… The result is that everyone would then be able to craft a Legendary.

Rewarding only time spent is good for pay to play MMOs – players are basically trading their time (and thus their money) for achieving things. In a game without monthly fees, this kind of system makes little sense. ArenaNet should change the way Legendaries are acquired, so it’s less a matter of time spent and more a matter of skill.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

The bitter guy got a point. If only I devoted those +1000 hours of my gaming hours to exercising, writing poems, playing the guitar, learning a programming language, chasing girls, finding a job…

BUTTERBLUME.3217

The bitter guy got a point. If only I devoted those +1000 hours of my gaming hours to exercising, writing poems, playing the guitar, learning a programming language, chasing girls, finding a job…

Then you would have done those things. Who are you to judge what defines fun for people?

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Then you would have done those things. Who are you to judge what defines fun for people?

True true. We all live once anyway so we can do whatever we want and however we want in our lives. You can either live in a mansion or live on the streets, whatever enjoys you most.

In the end, we all die anyway. So what you did in your time will just be a black mark in history.