I do not want Radiant Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mephane.8496

Mephane.8496

Nor do I want Hellfire armor. Not dyable, no complete set, does not really fit light armor. Completely uninterested.

But the Zenith weapons are awesome. I have 7000 points now, so I reckoned I would get to pick 7 weapons. Apparently, no.

According to dulfy (see here: http://dulfy.net/2013/07/08/gw2-account-achievements-rewards-and-ui-revamp-overview/ ), at 3000 points I have to pick an armor piece and thus forfeit a weapon skin.

Why? Why force this upon us ? Why not simply add the armor skins to the selection of weapon skins, so it is our own choice?

Please, ArenaNet, rethink this before it is too late (i.e. people have opened the 3000 point chest). Let us choose between another weapon skin and an armor skin piece whenever currently only armor pieces can be received.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

How does one forfeit the other? They set it up in tiers. All you have to do is earn more points and you get to the next tier, and possibly unlock more weapon skins then. I’m not seeing the issue, since you’re constantly earning points and can eventually unlock everything.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Its a problem because of every single thing in the bunch, I want the helm, and for 1 character. However, since I PVP, ankitten ot a PvEr, I only have 2.2k AP. 88% of the achievements are in PvE. THAT is why it sucks. Tiering it off only hurts peoples efforts, it doesn’t reward it. :/

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Mephane.8496

How does one forfeit the other? They set it up in tiers. All you have to do is earn more points and you get to the next tier, and possibly unlock more weapon skins then. I’m not seeing the issue, since you’re constantly earning points and can eventually unlock everything.

I don’t get it. Because you don’t mind (or want the armor skins anyway), I am not supposed to be bothered, either? Read the forums, I am not the only one who does not want these armor pieces at all. If there were a choice between another weapon skin and an piece of armor skin, everyone would be happy, this includes you. So why exactly are you against this proposal?

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

My problem with both sets is that they are obviously tailored for heavy users. I’ve tried all of the light armor combination with these two and only found 1 chest piece that doesn’t make the radiant shoulders/helm/gloves seem severely out of place.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

If you only use the shoulders/gloves you can mix them into your gear. Either that or it’s just because I’m Asura.

Mephane.8496

I want to clarify, before this thread digresses: I don’t want to discuss the armor pieces themselves here, there are already threads about that. Even if the armor pieces were not so limited in scope, the point stands: people who don’t want those armor pieces get the shaft.

Of course, this works the other way round, too, and ideally you should be able to choose between all weapons and all armor skins at every multiple of 1000 points, so those who want the armor but not the weapons don’t have to unlock weapons.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

You’re getting free stuff, stop complaining.

Mephane.8496

You’re getting free stuff, stop complaining.

They are not free, we just “paid” for them in advance with all the achievements we did when there were no achievement rewards implemented (and rewards have been announced, however, months ago, so it is not like we suddenly get items dropped onto our laps out of nowhere, “surprise!”).

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Make Radiant Armor dyable.

With the correct color, anything can look light/medium/heavy. The reason you are so focused on it being for heavies-only is because the default color of the non-glowy parts is metallic.

If you change that to something like abyss or purple, then you will see the equipment fits better. Unfortunately Arenanet is releasing content every 2 weeks now, so they dont have time to implement things like that(such as dyable armor) anymore.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I don’t get it. Because you don’t mind (or want the armor skins anyway), I am not supposed to be bothered, either? Read the forums, I am not the only one who does not want these armor pieces at all. If there were a choice between another weapon skin and an piece of armor skin, everyone would be happy, this includes you. So why exactly are you against this proposal?

I’m afraid you still missed my point, so here’s the point. You CAN get all the weapon skins, you’ll just get them all EVENTUALLY as opposed to IMMEDIATELY. If people aren’t patient enough to wait till they’ve acquired enough points to unlock them that’s a problem for them. Me? I want all the weapon skins as well, rather than the armor skins. However, even if it’s a year down the road, I know I’ll get enough points to unlock them all EVENTUALLY. Hence why I fail to see what the issue is.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Either way you’re gonna get them both for free, so why the heck are you complaining?

Mephane.8496

Either way you’re gonna get them both for free, so why the heck are you complaining?

Because they are not free.

Also, because there are two fundamentally different choices now:

1000 points, 2000 points: pick a weapon type and receive a skin for it

vs

3000 points: receive a skin for a pre-determined item slot (gloves).

The second case is the equivalent of the 1000 point chest giving only a selection between different dagger skins, the 2000 point chest only giving greatsword skins etc.

And in anyway: everyone benefits from more choice, but some are hurt by the lack thereof. So why hurt some for no reason?

(edited by Mephane.8496)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Because they are not free.

Actually they are free. They cost you neither gold nor money. That is what determines whether something is free or not. In theory, you could even have quite a large number of achievement points just by playing a game.

Unless you equate playing a game to working (which some people do…but I don’t), then these skins are indeed free. In fact, you can’t buy them…they simply unlock.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

are you paying for them? how are they not free? you are getting stuff for simply playing the game, are you not? what are you giving up or sacrificing that you won’t ever see again to attain these items? after you “unlock” them, your points will still be there. sure some people have to work harder, especially those solely focused on WvW or PvP if they want the skins. though that’s a different story.

i agree, perhaps these big milestones could even be getting the weapon IN addition to getting the armor set. but ANet is just wanting to mix it up, and ensure their players keep coming back for more. and who’s to say there won’t be even ebtter armor and weapon sets out there later on.

so i do agree to certain extent with what you’re saying, however, your tone and attitude in how you’re responding to people is not helping the situation.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Mephane.8496

Actually they are free. They cost you neither gold nor money. That is what determines whether something is free or not. In theory, you could even have quite a large number of achievement points just by playing a game.

Unless you equate playing a game to working (which some people do…but I don’t), then these skins are indeed free. In fact, you can’t buy them…they simply unlock.

The opposite of “free” is not “costs money” but “requires effort”, which may indeed be worded as “requires work” in a broader sense. Achievement points don’t just appear for doing nothing, and there are severe diminishing returns on what you can do to get more, up to a hard limit that is only raised by the amount dailies/monthlies give in the respective time span, and content patches that add additional, often time-limited, achievements. Unlike, for example, dungeon tokens, one does not simply walk into a zone and come out with more achievement points, but has to do specific activities that, once done, yield no more points.

There is a reason why some people salvaged gigantic piles of items, it was the only source of non-gated achievement points (disclaimer: I was not one of them).

(edited by Mephane.8496)

Posted by: Zoldyck.6241

Zoldyck.6241

The opposite of “free” is not “costs money” but “requires effort”, which may indeed be worded as “requires work” in a broader sense. Achievement points don’t just appear for doing nothing, and there are severe diminishing returns on what you can do to get more, up to a hard limit that is only raised by the amount dailies/monthlies give in the respective time span, and content patches that add additional, often time-limited, achievements. Unlike, for example, dungeon tokens, one does not simply walk into a zone and come out with more achievement points, but has to do specific activities that, once done, yield no more points.

It is considered as free as you are getting something for not doing anything (yes, past effort was done however there is no promise of rewards at that point). The retroactive rewards are therefore free, in a legal sense.

However, future rewards beyond the retro is not considered as free. As there is a promise for reward and you need to put effort into it.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Wait… you’re joking right? In order to purchase the weapon we want, we have to pay an “entrance fee” of 3000 AP for some armor piece none of us wants?

Surely I’m reading this wrong. Someone please clarify this.

Mephane.8496

You get a weapon skin at 1000 and 2000 points, then at 3000 the gloves from either of the two semi-sets. After that, no one knows but ArenaNet. Could be the other two armor pieces at 4000 and 5000, meaning that the vast majority of people would only get two weapons in the foreseeable future, could also be armor pieces at 3000, 6000 and 9000. Or something completely different. In any way not being able to choose another weapon instead of an armor piece (and vice versa, actually) is extremely annoying.

Posted by: Zoldyck.6241

Zoldyck.6241

Wait… you’re joking right? In order to purchase the weapon we want, we have to pay an “entrance fee” of 3000 AP for some armor piece none of us wants?

Surely I’m reading this wrong. Someone please clarify this.

They are adding a reward based on your achievement points. AP will not be deducted from your account, it will just come like a chest when you hit the mark.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I was hoping it’d be like HoM.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

It’s a reward… What do you expect? That you get to completely chose the content of the reward? Ok then. Let’s take a comparison: I often fund for kickstarter projects. I give X, I receive Y in a predefined list. Do I get to chose which rewards I get ? Oh, I have this and that but I don’t want those, can you give me these instead?

Not telling that you are, but this reminds me of temperamental kids in a toystore.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Mephane.8496

Not telling that you are, but this reminds me of temperamental kids in a toystore.

Interesting analogy there. Mapping the topic at hand to that analogy, the parents tell the child for every good grade they bring home, they may pick one toy car from the shop. But when at the shop it comes to actually choosing three cars, the parents suddenly say “no, we changed our minds. Instead of the third car, you must pick a puppet.”

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Its a problem because of every single thing in the bunch, I want the helm, and for 1 character. However, since I PVP, ankitten ot a PvEr, I only have 2.2k AP. 88% of the achievements are in PvE. THAT is why it sucks. Tiering it off only hurts peoples efforts, it doesn’t reward it. :/

This for one , now lets get to the topic of dyes , because they come with one colour . I dont know about other people but it’s gonna be very hard to mix’n’match these items with the current sets.

Not gonna mention the time gate to aquire them.. I didnt see this comming tbh.

play hard , go pro.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Well I am happy to be able to chose something else then another weapon at 3000 points. By the time I get there I will likely get to 6k with the living story points. It’s just a matter of time – you decide for yourself if you make it “work” or if you are just playing for “fun”.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I don’t personally care for the new armor skins either but it doesn’t bother me. They are a reward that I will probably never use, but I will not complain.

The rewards from these achievement chests seem pretty well done imho. At least they give you SOME choice in your weapon and a little choice in your armor skins. Better than the forced back piece skins they have been giving out.

I understand your point about more choice. But, even though I will probably never use the armor skins I still think the rewards are well done and are fine as is. This isn’t the first time they have ‘forced’ a certain reward on us.

Besides, those weapon skins are going to be common enough anyways. No need to have everyone unlock every single one of them.

As an Engie, I could be complaining about the weapon skins. I’m nearly always in kits so the weapon skins are nearly useless to me as well. And an Engie only has access to 3 weapons including the shield anyways. Maybe they should give me the choice of armor skins instead of weapon skins? Just think about all those useless weapon skins I will be unlocking. Only point here is, even though they are useless it is still a nice reward for the masses.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Interesting analogy there. Mapping the topic at hand to that analogy, the parents tell the child for every good grade they bring home, they may pick one toy car from the shop. But when at the shop it comes to actually choosing three cars, the parents suddenly say “no, we changed our minds. Instead of the third car, you must pick a puppet.”

Well, I’m making a more accurate mapping than you: the parents never said the child could get one car for each good grade, but rather one car for the first good grade, another car for the second good grade and a puppet for the third good grade. But the child becomes temperamental because he wants three cars for his three good grades.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: hallzer.4613

hallzer.4613

Well, I’m making a more accurate mapping than you: the parents never said the child could get one car for each good grade, but rather one car for the first good grade, another car for the second good grade and a puppet for the third good grade. But the child becomes temperamental because he wants three cars for his three good grades.

I think what he’s trying to say and take this a step further is that the parents don’t even have to give the child a reward in the first place. The child should be grateful for what they are given.

Posted by: Ikarisan.1562

Ikarisan.1562

because cosmetic?

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

Inflated sense of entitlement akittens finest.

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

The OP is just asking for choice. Ideally the more flexible any rewards are anywhere in the game, the better.

It might not affect you, as it doesn’t affect me, but how are flexible rewards NOT good? Stop giving him crap over it. Geez.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Dont know much about pvp and achievements but if this is true it is kinda weird. PvP should get the same rewards as any pve imo.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Yea, I can’t believe people are complaining about free stuff…

A month ago you had no rewards for achievement points and no one was complaining. They add free rewards for AP and all of a sudden people are getting picky and don’t want this or that or want it to be set up differently and now it’s like the end of the world.

Good god people, chill out! Maybe in the future there will be even better skins you can have so you won’t have to QQ about the free ones that Anet is giving you…

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

And this is exactly what it’s like. They said there would be rewards and you can select from what is offered in each chest. Just play the game more and more chests will unlock that have what you want. Major entitlement issues here.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

The OP is just asking for choice. Ideally the more flexible any rewards are anywhere in the game, the better.

It might not affect you, as it doesn’t affect me, but how are flexible rewards NOT good? Stop giving him crap over it. Geez.

Some people just want to watch the world burn. Many of these people play (or develop) MMOs. Probably just a coincidence.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Avatara.1042

WvW gets like 5 achievement points for killing 1 million supply dolyaks. Nice work, Anet…

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Oh kitten off…

This thread is the most obvious evidence that so many of you are spoiled, self-entitled, and absolutely clueless…

You pick one at the time, and it’s unlocked forever. Achievement points are infinite, you can get more at least everyday – IN ANY GAME MODE – by just doing dailies. You’ll eventually unlock everything by just playing the game. It’s not going away with the update. It’s not forbidding you from playing other modes to earn more achievement points. It’s literally just freebies for playing…

Christ, even when they give you stuff for free you complain…

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Oh kitten off…

This thread is the most obvious evidence that so many of you are spoiled, self-entitled, and absolutely clueless…

You pick one at the time, and it’s unlocked forever. Achievement points are infinite, you can get more at least everyday – IN ANY GAME MODE – by just doing dailies. You’ll eventually unlock everything by just playing the game. It’s not going away with the update. It’s not forbidding you from playing other modes to earn more achievement points. It’s literally just freebies for playing…

Christ, even when they give you stuff for free you complain…

Well it is an issue when PvPers get kittened over AGAIN versus PvErs when we already have to work (almost literally) 100x harder and longer to get anything for our time playing. Some of us PvPers were kneejerked in hoping this would be a light at the end of the tunnel for us, so before you get on your high horse and play goody-goody two shoes, think about it. If poor design was never complained about nothing would ever change, and you wouldn’t want to see a world like that.

Just wanted to point out, the reason you’re making over 2 dollars a week is because some “self entitled kittens” complained enough. We pay for our time, especially us PvPers, we deserve to be rewarded just as much as the PvE fans, it wouldn’t be hard to compensate for us.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Deal, PvP gets more points, PvE get’s the missing PvP armours, like masquerade, plus the cool titles, slayer, gladiator and such, plus some awesome finishers.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: DaG.5103

DaG.5103

I cannot believe these threads. The poster above who made the “temperamental kids in a toy store” analogy is spot on. It seems like ArenaNet could send every player a $100 bill and you guys would complain about how it was folded.

Sorry you don’t like the skins. Earn more achievement points to unlock more weapon skins that you do you like. I know you want them ALL RIGHT NOW HAVE TO HAVE THEM. Too bad.

I guarantee that if all the rewards were unlocked immediately, players would complain about the lack of content.

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I would love to be able to choose between another Zenith weapon and the Radiant/Hellfire armor pieces at 3000. That would be a delightful change.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I’ve already bought my PvP skins and dyes as well as the wind aspect backpack for my thief in preparation for the arrival of these skins.

Posted by: Arcalas.9368

Arcalas.9368

Dulfys site is good but plz ppl dont look to her site all the time u have free will and an mind of your own so plz use it and remember dulfy uses it as well so shes not perfect.

Norn “cows” go moot.

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

its like saying i got all the gifts and the precusor for twilight but i don’t want twilight. i want sunrise

or completed this achivement and got shatter wing but i dont want shatter wing, i want jade weapon ticket.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Posted by: SvenskNavi.9378

SvenskNavi.9378

The reward for 3,000 is an armor skin, not a weapon. It was not intended to a choice. If you don’t like it, take the rest of the reward and destroy the skin. The same complaint can be made about every single chest. “Oh, I don’t want extra 1% MF at this tier, I want more gold. Why can’t we have a choice.” How about they just remove the rewards from the game again? You obviously don’t like that they gave you something without taking something. (And this is why kids these days are so spoiled. :/)

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

So how long before we get a topic about how someone complains because he wants +Magic Find instead of +Karma as an Achievement bonus?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

As much as this is a first world problem, and thus not worth worrying about too much, I have to agree that more choice is better than less choice.