I don't agree with recent balance decisions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

if you dont stop spoiling the overpowered classes you wont be able to balance them because players rely on the broken class’s power rather than skill.

take thief for example and point me one that doesnt spam heartseeker and who can blame them the darn skill hits for up to 4k damage even on bunker builds and has no cooldown .

Posted by: Kadin.3086

Kadin.3086

oh just you wait. you’re in for a big surprise for when they start stealing your boons

Posted by: Morrar.1764

Morrar.1764

Pssst it costs initiative…. Maybe at least read up on the classes you’re complaining about?

Did you play them all in PVP? It’s not hard to just give them a test drive as you get a fully functional character right from the start. Go give all the classes a shot and then make an informed judgement on balance between them.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

i could just reply ANY balance thread with

100.000 dmg 1HB

there isn t a shadow of balance in this game….

Before you say that if i get killed to 1hb i need to l2p….teach mobs to l2p or admit that the most played part of the game is broken.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

It’s balanced, warriors rock in PvE and bad in PvP. It’s ok then.

Posted by: Nerien.5412

Nerien.5412

Watch this then…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Dtv--t_Rs

or this…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBhPoS-cZt0

weak in pvp…yeah…

marnick.4305: “Just because you went down last
doesn’t mean you’re the best player in the group
it means the enemies considered you a low priority.”

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Pssst it costs initiative…. Maybe at least read up on the classes you’re complaining about?

Did you play them all in PVP? It’s not hard to just give them a test drive as you get a fully functional character right from the start. Go give all the classes a shot and then make an informed judgement on balance between them.

i have 1 of each class except guardian but i did play guardian to about level 50 before deleting him. and im not saying Thief is the only unbalanced class im saying theres many unbalanced classes/builds wich are creating bad habits of relying on classes or builds rather than actual skill , the skill i know it costs initiative but theres also several traits and even a sigil to boost initiative gain.

Riss.1536

Watch this then…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Dtv--t_Rs

or this…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBhPoS-cZt0

weak in pvp…yeah…

That’s cool man, it reminds me of people playing “choose your class” showing on youtube and everyone believes it’s op because the guy did awesome thing.

Nerien.5412

That’s cool man, it reminds me of people playing “choose your class” showing on youtube and everyone believes it’s op because the guy did awesome thing.

Funny thing, because when people posted videos of elementarists in bunker builds, people called it op…

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

makes sense

Better 3 broken game modes than some balance…..
the worst excuse ever…..

So you can use a war in PvE a thief in WWW and a guardian/ranger in PvP?

cool….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Riss.1536

Guys, you’re never tired of QQ ?
I should tell my friend to make a video of his necro soloing 3 people and post it in youtube so people will go “woaaa necro op, nerf it Anet please or I QQ”

Posted by: Metamega.9025

Metamega.9025

I gotta learn how to play. I play a thief and I’ve yet to heart seek someone to death. I’ve tried glass cannon thief and other thiefs can’t heart seek me to death. I must be missing something. Only thiefs that kill me and I feel like it was wth just happened are the skilled ones. Landing mug Cnd backstab into a leaping dagger stealthing in the air and then coming down on me with another backstab. That’s not op, that’s skill. It’s like when I played Starcraft, people called terran op, the pros were awesome with it cause of the micro possible. The general player base couldn’t do that stuff. Thief allows for amazing players to do amazing things. I’d out mesmer in that category too.

Nerien.5412

Guys, you’re never tired of QQ ?
I should tell my friend to make a video of his necro soloing 3 people and post it in youtube so people will go “woaaa necro op, nerf it Anet please or I QQ”

I’m not qq’ing, I just didn’t agree with your affirmation of warrior being weak on pvp. And i presented proof that what you said it’s not true.

Riss.1536

Then you disagree with Anet because THEY said they wanted to up warriors for pvp.

Posted by: Beast.9516

Beast.9516

Keeps you on your toes, when your build becomes unviable you just need to tweak it to compensate.

Beast [Beastess Isdottir][Meilikki Isdottir][Kaunista Illusio][Savant Bixxie]
Aspiring Brotherhood [PACT]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Morrar.1764

Morrar.1764

i have 1 of each class except guardian but i did play guardian to about level 50 before deleting him. and im not saying Thief is the only unbalanced class im saying theres many unbalanced classes/builds wich are creating bad habits of relying on classes or builds rather than actual skill , the skill i know it costs initiative but theres also several traits and even a sigil to boost initiative gain.

Well then please proceed to elaborate on which skills need balancing and why and what defines ‘skill’. Calling entire professions OP isn’t helping the discussion. I think all professions have their strengths, but certainly their weaknesses too. Thief has good burst, but little else. Besides, Mesmers can easily burst for the same amount.

Stealth is a strong defense mechanism, but it doesn’t make you invulnerable (for AoE for example). Other professions have strong defenses too, but rely on other mechanisms. Guardians have block and invulnerability and Elementalists have shields, heals, control and mobility.

Sometimes classes are very strong in one aspect (like burst) but they pay a heavy price for it. Thieves trade survivability for burst, bunker Guardians trade damage output for survivability, etc. Complaining about one aspect without looking at the trade off isn’t the way to go. In the case of thieves, once you deal with their initial burst you have a pretty good chance to win the fight.

Finally, most PVP games take a rock – paper – scissors approach; burst is most effectively countered by bunkers and the other way around. Burst versus burst isn’t balanced nor does it have to be. Same for bunker versus bunker; that’s just plain boring. However, builds don’t necessarily have to be a compromise between burst and bunker; it can also be balanced across players.

I do agree though that some professions could use more viable builds. Thief indeed is somewhat lacking in that regard.

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

This would be a great idea. However, up to this point, anet nerfs alternate builds and buffs the most-abused builds (with the exception of engineer, which gets all popular builds nerfed).

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

if you dont stop spoiling the overpowered classes you wont be able to balance them because players rely on the broken class’s power rather than skill.

take thief for example and point me one that doesnt spam heartseeker and who can blame them the darn skill hits for up to 4k damage even on bunker builds and has no cooldown .

Heartseeker is really not overpowered. Yes, you can spam it, if you have the initiative required to spam it. In order to have the initiative, you basically have to get your target down the less than 50% in order to make the skill do anything worth it, below 25% if you want to be most efficient. So to be fair, if a thief can get a target down to less than 50% or 25% health without using any initiative, they kinda deserve to beat you down with that last burst from heartseeker.

Edit: Not to mention the fact that it IS single target damage as well…it’s not like it’s AoEing every enemy.

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Well then please proceed to elaborate on which skills need balancing and why and what defines ‘skill’. Calling entire professions OP isn’t helping the discussion. I think all professions have their strengths, but certainly their weaknesses too. Thief has good burst, but little else. Besides, Mesmers can easily burst for the same amount.

Stealth is a strong defense mechanism, but it doesn’t make you invulnerable (for AoE for example). Other professions have strong defenses too, but rely on other mechanisms. Guardians have block and invulnerability and Elementalists have shields, heals, control and mobility.

Sometimes classes are very strong in one aspect (like burst) but they pay a heavy price for it. Thieves trade survivability for burst, bunker Guardians trade damage output for survivability, etc. Complaining about one aspect without looking at the trade off isn’t the way to go. In the case of thieves, once you deal with their initial burst you have a pretty good chance to win the fight.

Finally, most PVP games take a rock – paper – scissors approach; burst is most effectively countered by bunkers and the other way around. Burst versus burst isn’t balanced nor does it have to be. Same for bunker versus bunker; that’s just plain boring. However, builds don’t necessarily have to be a compromise between burst and bunker; it can also be balanced across players.

I do agree though that some professions could use more viable builds. Thief indeed is somewhat lacking in that regard.

You must not play a thief…Thieves do not trade burst for survivability…they just keep stealthing away…that is what is broken with thieves, they need a longer CD

The Eternal Grace.3157

You must not play a thief…Thieves do not trade burst for survivability…they just keep stealthing away…that is what is broken with thieves, they need a longer CD

hahahahaha…with the stealth debuff at 4seconds and stealth not lasting very long in the first place (besides shadow refuge, but you can easily still hit thieves in SR), there’s really no need for a longer CD. If they can get away with that short amount of stealth and you couldn’t kill them, they kinda deserve to get away. They are supposed to be the mobile/stealth class of the game.

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

hahahahaha…with the stealth debuff at 4seconds and stealth not lasting very long in the first place (besides shadow refuge, but you can easily still hit thieves in SR), there’s really no need for a longer CD. If they can get away with that short amount of stealth and you couldn’t kill them, they kinda deserve to get away. They are supposed to be the mobile/stealth class of the game.

So you are saying fights need to last less then 4s?

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Heartseeker is really not overpowered. Yes, you can spam it, if you have the initiative required to spam it. In order to have the initiative, you basically have to get your target down the less than 50% in order to make the skill do anything worth it, below 25% if you want to be most efficient. So to be fair, if a thief can get a target down to less than 50% or 25% health without using any initiative, they kinda deserve to beat you down with that last burst from heartseeker.

Edit: Not to mention the fact that it IS single target damage as well…it’s not like it’s AoEing every enemy.

You are trying too hard to defend the class. You either open with a backstab from stealth if target is close or a steal if they are far. If you backstab target is around 50% already. If you steal pre nerf you just took a few k from steal follow with cnd = target below 50%. Fact is if you land your opener your target is blow 50% then spam heartseeker away. if you missed then you just stealth away and try land your opener again.

The Eternal Grace.3157

You are trying too hard to defend the class. You either open with a backstab from stealth if target is close or a steal if they are far. If you backstab target is around 50% already. If you steal pre nerf you just took a few k from steal follow with cnd = target below 50%. Fact is if you land your opener your target is blow 50% then spam heartseeker away. if you missed then you just stealth away and try land your opener again.

I play all professions so I really am not trying to defend the class. It really is avoidable; it’s not like any person playing against a thief is going to die if they land their opener or spam heartseeker. With the mug nerf it is much harder to get someone below 50%, and whether it gets them to 75% or even 55%, it’s still above 50% so heartseeker is almost pointless to use at this point. It’s still time to turn the fight around or get away if need be. Obviously thief will kill you pretty easily if you’re not sure how to properly deal with them.

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

Hi, P/D and SB condition thief here.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

The Eternal Grace.3157

I will admit, heartseeker can be very powerful when people know how to properly get their target below 50% or 25% quickly and use it. But ok, so they steal in, use their stolen ability, auto-attack a few times, they’re below 50%, so now they spam heartseeker 3 or 4 times, ok, you’re down. Now maybe they stealth and stomp. Wow, you died quick. Ok, well now what is the thief going to do? No steal, no stealth, little initiative…hmm…seems to me another class can now take them down very easily.

Plus, if a class who knows what they’re doing against a thief like this, they can counter it, leaving the thief next to useless without their steal or initiative.

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I will admit, heartseeker can be very powerful when people know how to properly get their target below 50% or 25% quickly and use it. But ok, so they steal in, use their stolen ability, auto-attack a few times, they’re below 50%, so now they spam heartseeker 3 or 4 times, ok, you’re down. Now maybe they stealth and stomp. Wow, you died quick. Ok, well now what is the thief going to do? No steal, no stealth, little initiative…hmm…seems to me another class can now take them down very easily.

Plus, if a class who knows what they’re doing against a thief like this, they can counter it, leaving the thief next to useless without their steal or initiative.

What do you mean no stealth? Blind powder , heal 1 all stealth options . You get in stealth and get init back cure whatever condition you have and rdy to go again. I’m not saying there is no counter to thief. But lets be honest thief class have very low skill floor it really is easy to pick up and be effective. Also thief class may have the highest skill ceiling as well which makes them amazing in a skilled players hands. It’s by far the best class for small scale wvw with mesmer not far behind.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

i could just reply ANY balance thread with

100.000 dmg 1HB

there isn t a shadow of balance in this game….

Before you say that if i get killed to 1hb i need to l2p….teach mobs to l2p or admit that the most played part of the game is broken.

This is an uphill battle because the people who play those classes continue to grow since the others are nerfed beyond belief or broken from 7 months of nerfs.

It amazes me people can’t accept and deal with the truth about the classes they don’t play and the classes they do play but will drop a line in here telling people off or confusing the issues by making it seem like it’s all in your head. It’s the same ones over and over too. (lrn2ply is their mantra but really it’s “nothing’s wrong go home” which are both lies to distort that this game is in much need and isn’t going to get balance until they open a PTR) they took an important step by separating the skillset behaviors between PVP PVE WVW but until they make a PTR for class balance where everyone can play to test what’s happening preferably with mobs or enemies that move and dodge like players they’ll never get the picture and we’ll continue to see the bias happen over and over again.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Gix.9742

Gix.9742

Errm.. I roll with D/D and I tend to use Death Blossom instead…

Errm.. I roll with D/D and I tend to use Death Blossom instead…Just because it may look like everybody is using it, doesn’t mean it’s true.

Errm.. I roll with D/D and I tend to use Death Blossom instead…Just because it may look like everybody is using it, doesn’t mean it’s true.Don’t get me wrong, Heartseeker is pretty cool (and powerful) but spamming it is a pretty stupid thing to do.