I don't like Champions that One-hit kill you

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: maximus.8635

maximus.8635

Not the first time I’ve experienced this. Last night I was in the hinterlands with my level 49 thief doing a group event where you have to kill some large rock dogs followed by a really men centaur champion. Dogs were dispatched by the group of about 6 doing event then the centaur guy game.

Everytime I took a hit, I died. I have gear and skills appropriate for mylevel.

Each time I died (about 10 times) I had to spend 70 copper to revive nomore than a few feet away from where the event was taking place. So 7 silver in revivies plus repair costs all because of the constant 1 hit kills.

This is outragous

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

if that’s happening, it means you are not specced or geared for enough vitality or toughness to survive a single hit.

happened a lot at that level on my mesmer until I put significant points into the vitality line (and kept them there until 80)

This game is not kind to glass cannon builds in pve, and thieves are more glass than usual when a hit connects (they have similar squishiness to eles, and melee ele specs stack vit/toughness to compensate this)

maximus.8635

Regardless of build, I don’t think we shouldbe able to be one-hit. Granted, my thief is a critical build. But stil…..

Posted by: Amra.6028

Amra.6028

if that’s happening, it means you are not specced or geared for enough vitality or toughness to survive a single hit.

So we need to gear properly on level 49 now, yes?
Sorry, onehits are silly unless you’re warned and can dodge or counter them.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Get some toughness and vitality, they exist for a reason.
If you are specced glass cannon, you have to avoid hits or you will die.
If you have no clue what a mob does, getting hit is very possible.
As a mesmer (my first profession) this was a lesson I had to learn, as a thief it is no different.

I like to play glass cannon, but it requires more than just spamming Attack 1.

maximus.8635

There were plenty of other people ther being one-hit dropped. It wasn’t just me. I maintain though that regardless of point allocation it is silly to have mobs that can one hit us and not give a chance to evade/withdraw after that one hit.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Those type of mobs have a forward lunge that deals a large amount of damage. The worst part is, it has no warning, so the only way to counter it is to either stay ranged or time it, then kite until it lunges.

If you were a warrior, you might have survived it without having to gear for it.

plasmacutter.2709

I do believe the lunge attacks should have more warning. I’ve seen quite a few of those (champion bandit in kessex for instance), and it IS very annoying.

For the record, though, my D/D ele (now lvl 28) is outfitted in all toughness gear. Even at quite a few levels below it makes it durable enough to take such lunges, at least once.

There were plenty of other people ther being one-hit dropped. It wasn’t just me. I maintain though that regardless of point allocation it is silly to have mobs that can one hit us and not give a chance to evade/withdraw after that one hit.

fair enough, but lets look at this objectively:
let’s say it’s nerfed to take only 3/4 of the hp of the lowest HP toons (eles and thieves iirc)

At that level, the difference in hp, toughness, and healing from someone speccing into their “tanky” lines vs someone not is enough to make the same “nerfed” mob absolutely zero challenge for a fully tank specced anything, all to allow someone to solo-engage a group mob?

I think they’ve tuned it just right. Glass cannon builds are a throw-back to the holy trinity days in which there was a “tank” and 4 “dps” in a group, but most fights in this game are about outlasting and out-maneuvering your enemies.

I think it’s a good idea to explore the vitality and toughness trees. it’s my understanding those trees for thief produce pretty unique playstyles.

(edited by plasmacutter.2709)

Kaiyanwan.8521

So other people have to learn that lesson too, good. I am fairly tired of 4signet/for great justice warriors anyway, that think their main weapons are those little rocks in downed state.
You have reached midlevel gameplay, time to adapt to different situations. Would you play this game because it is a cakewalk to 80? Sounds boring as hell…

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Thing is that as long as there are variable HP and armor, never mind a profession that has the highest of both, there will be a residue of trinity in there. but with the aggro being what is it, nobody that know they can take a hit can, in a controlled fashion, attract the attention of the boss mob to protect the rest.

And i would say the game leans more on outmaneuvering than outlasting as there is no way to reliably to the latter without first doing the former.

And from personal experience going heavily into toughness and vitality makes little difference from going glass cannon. What will keep someone alive is quick and reliable access to aegis, blind and weakness if they plan to actually get in the mobs face. If not, learn to love running in circles with a ranged weapon.

Posted by: Korrigan.4837

Korrigan.4837

Problem for some is that this game doesn’t hold your hand and use random numbers to dodge/parry/avoid nasty attacks, but require player interaction to do so. This isn’t (e.g.) WoW where you can become immune to crits (from gear or now from specializations). You have to pay attention and dodge those big attacks some bosses have.

The Farstar Alliance [TFA] – Gandara Server.
A PvX guild for mature players with a life.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Keep moving, dodge…stay out of the champions frontal. Stay to the side / flank or behind. Move in pop your heavies, move out to ranged…whatever. Usually the boss will telegraph that big hit and you can react if you are paying attention.

As stated above, toughness & vitality for the long haul. Or glass cannon if you watch what you are doing all the time…and don’t my dying.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

Working as intended, and that’s a good thing.

If you are dying a lot, it’s you and not the encounter.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

There are auto-down mechanics in this game. They are in the game so you can experience the wonders of the downed state and the awesome skills anet put in the game for you to enjoy. Think I am joking? I am not.

I have taken on level 16 group event bosses with a level 78 and been 1-hit downed. I wasn’t trying to be boss, it’s part of the encounter’s built in mechanic. There are other encounters with this mechanic.

This all goes back to a philosphy at arenanet that begin at least as far back as Nightfall. Death was something you could expect in Nightfall. Not potentially face, it was coming and it was coming often. It was part of the game experience, in their own words.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

Being one shot is never acceptible no matter what build you are using. This would be true even if there were no death penalty and is even more true when there is a death penalty. And it would be true even if the ability was avoidable and you chose not to avoid it.

The reasoning is 2 fold:
1) A mob shouldn’t be designed to do to a player what a player wouldn’t have agreed to if they were part of the team designing that mob
2) A mob shouldn’t be able to do something to a player that a player could not do back to that mob, however it is ok for a player to be able to do something to the mob that the mob couldn’t do to the player. Between a player who actually existed and had to work for their level and a mob that doesn’t really exist and did not have to do any work to get the stats it has, the benefit should always go to the one who had to actually put in work.

Kaiyanwan.8521

Being one shot is never acceptible no matter what build you are using. This would be true even if there were no death penalty and is even more true when there is a death penalty. And it would be true even if the ability was avoidable and you chose not to avoid it.

The reasoning is 2 fold:
1) A mob shouldn’t be designed to do to a player what a player wouldn’t have agreed to if they were part of the team designing that mob
2) A mob shouldn’t be able to do something to a player that a player could not do back to that mob, however it is ok for a player to be able to do something to the mob that the mob couldn’t do to the player. Between a player who actually existed and had to work for their level and a mob that doesn’t really exist and did not have to do any work to get the stats it has, the benefit should always go to the one who had to actually put in work.

This game would exist of 100% glass cannon max dmg players with this philosophy. Giving up the trinity does not mean giving up diversity, it just offers more options.

Posted by: Angelus.1042

Angelus.1042

Champions are just NPC’s with a lot of health (since that sems to be Anets answer to a “boss” fight…just add stupid amounts of health…and use zerg mechanics…) and no creativity to the way they attack or anything…. dont like em just skip em your not missing much.

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Not the first time I’ve experienced this. Last night I was in the hinterlands with my level 49 thief doing a group event where you have to kill some large rock dogs followed by a really men centaur champion. Dogs were dispatched by the group of about 6 doing event then the centaur guy game.

Everytime I took a hit, I died. I have gear and skills appropriate for mylevel.

Each time I died (about 10 times) I had to spend 70 copper to revive nomore than a few feet away from where the event was taking place. So 7 silver in revivies plus repair costs all because of the constant 1 hit kills.

This is outragous

What was your healer doi… oh. wait.

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

People, I know you’re trying to help him with advice, but he’s actually got a valid point.

There are monsters in the game who kill you in one hit, regardless of your stats. It’s not a mysterious phenomenon, it’s an actual mechanic that is part of the game and has appeared in many places. Oh, they try to conceal it well in most cases (like the champion giant in that 15-25 zone), but in others it’s obscenely obvious (like the Jade Maw).

And it does need to be removed. Auto-kill mechanics are ridiculous, and the downed state is not nearly as “cool” and “fun” as they advertised it to be. It’s obnoxious that in many cases you don’t get nearly enough time to react to something like that, and even if you could, the window for dodging it is very very slim. I know the precise timing necessary to dodge the Jade Maw’s auto-kill and still don’t manage to dodge it every time.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

Posted by: Amra.6028

Amra.6028

The reasoning is 2 fold:

This game would exist of 100% glass cannon max dmg players with this philosophy. Giving up the trinity does not mean giving up diversity, it just offers more options.

So it should be about your build, the skills you chose for the fight, not your items, but since ANet was sold to Blizzard it seems they’ll just leave it to you grinding ascended epix.

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

Don’t get hit. It really is that easy. Sometimes there is no escape route, and all you can do is be immune thanks to a dodge roll or some other ability. When you get downed in PVE it’s because you did something wrong. Some mobs are extremely dangerous to melee, and should be fought at range.

This is a hard lesson to learn for some people. I see it all the time even in Orr where folks should have long learned the lesson. I see them get clobbered by a giants stomp, an abominations big charged hits, or a gorilla’s charge. No one is perfect, but if you are getting downed constantly you need to re-examine you build and playstyle. Not cry on the forums.

Posted by: PolarApe.9351

PolarApe.9351

Please make Champions worth doing at all. Why bother with them when there’s so many other ways to get crappy drops and XP and Karma?

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

People, I know you’re trying to help him with advice, but he’s actually got a valid point.

There are monsters in the game who kill you in one hit, regardless of your stats. It’s not a mysterious phenomenon, it’s an actual mechanic that is part of the game and has appeared in many places. Oh, they try to conceal it well in most cases (like the champion giant in that 15-25 zone), but in others it’s obscenely obvious (like the Jade Maw).

And it does need to be removed. Auto-kill mechanics are ridiculous, and the downed state is not nearly as “cool” and “fun” as they advertised it to be. It’s obnoxious that in many cases you don’t get nearly enough time to react to something like that, and even if you could, the window for dodging it is very very slim. I know the precise timing necessary to dodge the Jade Maw’s auto-kill and still don’t manage to dodge it every time.

Pretty much this. The hinterlands events are quick spawning and a great place to get xp fast and I’ve experienced the Modniir champ fight many, many times on 5 different professions that I’ve leveled to 80. All were specced differently from a very tanky guardian to a more berserker ele. Gear or spec or play skill is not always a major contributor to the outcomes. It’s quite possible to be one-shot knock-downed into a lava font, without a telegraph from the champ, that you are not going to get up from. This is what leads me to also believe that Anet has included a ‘cheap’ shot mechanic in the game. The problem with this is that skillful play is not rewarded and it is not fun to die unavoidably. I think the suggestions around gear/spec are sincere but not understanding the dynamic the OP is addressing. The l2p responses are either trolls or people that aren’t experienced enough in gaming to notice this.

digiowl.9620

While it was not one shot, i ran into a event boss that would be doing melee across the room one second, and with no warning jump across the room, do massive damage and knock me over the next. Each time he would take about half my health, tho thankfully someone else participating always managed to draw his attention so i could recover.

Another time i was fighting that ice beast at the end of the svanir fort chain, and i swear it was doing normal attacks that took half my health with no warning.

In both cases i was backtracking from higher level areas, meaning that i was fighting with above level and gear for the zone.

A-net may just as well give us proper FPS controls so that we can really circle strafe these beasties if they want us to be always moving to avoid their attack arc.

I guess they threw all their effort into sPVP balancing, and conjured up some cheesy mob mechanics that would enforce us playing the same way in PVE. End result is i can’t take two steps before having to rearrange my weapon choices, utilites and traits to counter the behavior pattern and attacks of the mob up ahead, and pray that it will not pull with it some other beastie with a different setup nearby.

About the only fun big fight i have had that was not a plain zerg with the mob forced in to a corner and ground down was the devourer outside Ebonhawk. This because i found out i could use my Engineers shield to bump the rock back for some nice damage. But even so it took a while and a lot of dodging…

Btw, what is hilarious is that people call anyone playing the numbers as lazy when it is about defense. But when it is offense they are happy to stack the crits in their favor.

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

The amusing part is it seems like there are more of these types of mobs in the newbie zones than in the higher lvl zones. At least up until 50ish in my experience.

It’s also annoying that there is no consistency. Some champs 1-hit with no warning, some 1-hit with warning, some never 1-hit. You can’t go into a champ fight and know what you’re up against, which makes the leveling and DE process often completely frustrating if you have bad luck. And a preemptive LOL @ anyone who suggests that I need to experience the specific DE more than once…yea I’m totally going to hang around for an hour+ to repeat a DE multiple times rather than experiencing the vast variety of other content.

(edited by Yaki.9563)

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Events are too easy and rewards are crap. Hell if some dragon attack whole server should go and kill it and there should be some kind of tactic how to kill it. All players should move like kids in Kim Jong-il birthday party.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Sentry.3691

Sentry.3691

Don’t get hit. It really is that easy. Sometimes there is no escape route, and all you can do is be immune thanks to a dodge roll or some other ability. When you get downed in PVE it’s because you did something wrong. Some mobs are extremely dangerous to melee, and should be fought at range.

Have you played this particular event? If so, you are full of crap. Ulgoth the Modniir is a beast unless you have a large group. You will die fighting him at one point or another.

I’m getting tired of these canned responses in this forum: trolls posting ‘l2p’ over and over. The OP has a valid point. There a number of champions that can and will one-shot you without any warning. Of course, these bosses were designed to be fought with a large group. Whether or not they should be toned down is the issue, your assumptions about the OP’s skills/build are not the topic.

Posted by: Bluestone.7106

Bluestone.7106

Luckily 7s is nothing and can easily be replaced and exceeded.

My homeworld is Blackgate.
I am a GW2 player in New Zealand.
Check me out on the GW2 wiki.

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

Have you played this particular event? If so, you are full of crap. Ulgoth the Modniir is a beast unless you have a large group. You will die fighting him at one point or another.

I’m getting tired of these canned responses in this forum: trolls posting ‘l2p’ over and over. The OP has a valid point. There a number of champions that can and will one-shot you without any warning. Of course, these bosses were designed to be fought with a large group. Whether or not they should be toned down is the issue, your assumptions about the OP’s skills/build are not the topic.

It’s the capstone battle to an epic zone-wide event chain, not the weekly meeting of the local garden club. The response sounds canned because there isn’t much to say to someone whining about being oneshot. The simple fact of the matter is that if you got killed from full HP in PVE you messed up. When it happens you should honor the mistake and learn from it. Not run to the forums to tell the world about the fresh injustice you have recently faced.

In terms of the game world Tyria is a dangerous place, there are things that can and will murder you with a quickness. This is what makes it exciting.

And I’m not saying this as though I’m some ubaleet player. I’m not. I get killed when I make mistakes, I even get frustrated. The difference is when I hit that frustration and go to the Internet it’s to find out what I did wrong and learn to get better.

As I recall I’ve fought that particular event twice. Both times downleveled on my thief. it’s been a while since I’ve been through. It was a fun fight and I am sure I even died a couple of times. I do recall also soloing/duoing the champ giant in that zone as well. He could and did one shot me a couple of times before I got his patterns down.

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

As far as I know, Champions usually come with a [Group Event] label. If not all Champion mobs are so, it becomes understandable after playing for a while that the highest rank of a mob that you should be able to solo at your level is Veteran.

At team efforts, several people can apply longer-duration weakness, stun, shackle etc. I find that these things greatly reduce the Champion’s capability to 1HKO you.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Pretty much this. The hinterlands events are quick spawning and a great place to get xp fast and I’ve experienced the Modniir champ fight many, many times on 5 different professions that I’ve leveled to 80. All were specced differently from a very tanky guardian to a more berserker ele. Gear or spec or play skill is not always a major contributor to the outcomes. It’s quite possible to be one-shot knock-downed into a lava font, without a telegraph from the champ, that you are not going to get up from. This is what leads me to also believe that Anet has included a ‘cheap’ shot mechanic in the game. The problem with this is that skillful play is not rewarded and it is not fun to die unavoidably. I think the suggestions around gear/spec are sincere but not understanding the dynamic the OP is addressing. The l2p responses are either trolls or people that aren’t experienced enough in gaming to notice this.

I found out that if I hit him with range, i die less. Maybe you shouldn’t melee him.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

plasmacutter.2709

The underlying issue here is not champions hitting hard, its them having some Unbroadcasted Attacks which can 1hko you.

Fix the broadcasting issue, and this goes away.

(please note: a visual broadcast with “shining boss” is actually not so great in groups, you just cant see it through the spell effects, it’s best to have a grunt or roar as well)

digiowl.9620

The only solid way, imo, would go against the Anet mantra of playing the game, not the UI. Champions Online plays similar to GW2, in that you have mobs with powerful attacks and a block mechanic you as the player need to engage. Two vital differences tho:

1) Given the games comic book theme the massive attacks are signaled by a classic comic book sound bubble along with a windup on the mob.

2) with the defense being a block rather than a dodge, you can hold the button down from the moment you notice the graphic rather than time it so that you dodge at the end of the windup to be sure you do not get hit. (They also allow the same act to break CC effects and make you immune for a couple of seconds)

I sometimes wish i could replace dodge with a sustained block if i played a toon with a shield as offhand. But doing so should root me, only protect the front arc, and should make me unable to attack. Meaning it would be useless against AOE, enemies that circle round and so on.

At least then i would have some way to take a breather without having to run circles.

Edit: btw, CO block is not perfect damage immunity. Only a sharp damage reduction.

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Icebrood Wolf

That initial attack that makes it lunge at superspeed, cracking the ground, can take me down to 20% health. And that’s just the regular version. Vet & Champ can down me in 1 shot.

I dodge a lot and even when I see it running at me and ready the dodge button, the timing is very strange and I often get hurt anyway. It’s like it hits before the animation reaches you.

Mainly it’s bad in the Claw of Jormag fight because they haven’t even been rendered and I’m already downed.

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

you do know that the jad maw sticks a big scull over your head if he tagets you and its EASY to dodge at that point……..

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

The underlying issue here is not champions hitting hard, its them having some Unbroadcasted Attacks which can 1hko you.

Fix the broadcasting issue, and this goes away.

(please note: a visual broadcast with “shining boss” is actually not so great in groups, you just cant see it through the spell effects, it’s best to have a grunt or roar as well)

Note: Much of this has been improved in new content

Posted by: projectcedric.6951

projectcedric.6951

Icebrood Wolf

That initial attack that makes it lunge at superspeed, cracking the ground, can take me down to 20% health. And that’s just the regular version. Vet & Champ can down me in 1 shot.

I dodge a lot and even when I see it running at me and ready the dodge button, the timing is very strange and I often get hurt anyway. It’s like it hits before the animation reaches you.

Mainly it’s bad in the Claw of Jormag fight because they haven’t even been rendered and I’m already downed.

Lol. I hate and love this skill at the same time. I hate it for the same reasons above, but I dont think they should take it down, for it is one of the already very few variety of mob skills in game.

GW2 mob variety and design sucks. I don’t even understand the logic for this skill. Ground beneath a dog suddenly cracks and deals massive damage? Whut?

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Well.. with a lot of bosses, they hold their weapon over their head when it charges, which is covered up by their name, the target symbol and all of the attack numbers & critical blood splat.

Posted by: Warkupo.1025

Warkupo.1025

Turns out you need to wear armor when you fight group oriented enemies. Who would have thought.

At very least don’t stand right the hell in front of an enemy. That’s where all the sharp parts are.

digiowl.9620

Well.. with a lot of bosses, they hold their weapon over their head when it charges, which is covered up by their name, the target symbol and all of the attack numbers & critical blood splat.

Ah yes, that.

I have noticed that since the PVP icon was added, non-widescreen setups results in the target info drooping down. Never mind that if you try to use a ground targeted ability from afar and you happen to mouse over said info, the green circle end up under your toons feet.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

The Amusing part is these Champions sit there spawned for hours and days because no one bothers to kill them anymore..

Why because the reward for these things isn’t worth the effort involved…

Posted by: Hellmood.2097

Hellmood.2097

I think getting one-hit killed by champions is perfectly fine. They’re supposed to be strong and group enemies.
However
The outrageous repair and teleportation costs are getting out of hand. Death is punished x2 in this game: Waypoint costs and repair costs.
I’d say, scrap this entire repair system. It’s a stupid, slapped-on, boring mechanic that simply wastes time and gold. We have more than enough gold sinks in this game.

Posted by: critickitten.1498

critickitten.1498

you do know that the jad maw sticks a big scull over your head if he tagets you and its EASY to dodge at that point……..

No, it isn’t. I know the precise timing required for that dodge and I still don’t pull it off every single time. I’m not some scrub, I’ve actually gotten pretty darn good at dodging (an ability which has helped me survive for extended periods of time against champion mobs and even outright kill them on my own). If it were truly so “easy” then I’d have no trouble with it. And I’m not the only one. I’ve yet to run into a PUG, experienced or fresh, that even knew dodging the attack was an option….because the game doesn’t make it clear that you CAN dodge it. I myself only figured it out entirely on accident, knowing I wasn’t close enough to a crystal to save myself.

I hate when people post meaningless comments that boil down to “l2p noob”. They contribute nothing to the discussion, and often are rather uninformed (the players being called “noobs” are often far better at the game than the ones making this declaration). It’s rather difficult to argue that every single player who has trouble with OHKOs in this game is just terrible at the game. This is an actual game mechanics problem, and it needs to be treated like one.

There’s a reason that people don’t bother fighting these cheap shot monsters all that often if they can help it. They are cheap and under-rewarded. Both of these problems should be addressed promptly.

Remember when our developers talked about “strengthening the core game”?
How’d that work out for us so far?
Now let’s try some ideas that will really work.

(edited by critickitten.1498)

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

if you are a thief with critical build and dont want to get 1hit.. my warrior has 3 times your hp, 2 times your armor – nothing would hit me very hard at all :P

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Regardless of build, I don’t think we shouldbe able to be one-hit. Granted, my thief is a critical build. But stil…..

Glass cannon builds sacrafice vitality and toughness for crit and crit damage. Glass cannons might show you some high numbers and get fast kills but, you’ll be spending a lot of time with your face planted in the dirt. I learned that the hard way.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Op admits he plays a glass cannon build then seems to get upset he can’t go afk while fighting champs

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

Nope. Leave them in. Then people will learn when it is appropriate to dodge, use stun breaks, full invulnerabilities, and stability skills. If they don’t, too bad.

Jade Maw is flaky because the timing compared to the animation and sound cues is a little random and could stand to be tightened up a bit, but then I can just double dodge or use another skill to avoid getting hit.

Posted by: Kit.3986

Kit.3986

I’ve actually fought this guy and can’t say I’ve ever been one-hit KO’d by him, as a Mesmer. Then again, I stay the hell away from him because he’s just nasty up close (I’ll let my clones die in my place, thankyouverymuch).

But I have seen people die to him pretty quickly up close, though usually someone else will kite the mob away (ie: the whole living group moves off the corpses of players) and I’ll go in and revive them (or someone else will, though I get the pretty purple shield of deflecting problematic projectiles).

So basically, teamwork. If you can’t dodge the hit, then hope the people you’re playing with will try moving him and revive you. Just, nerfing champions doesn’t feel right to me, as they are pretty easy to destroy as it is :/

Posted by: kendokken.3257

kendokken.3257

Please make Champions worth doing at all. Why bother with them when there’s so many other ways to get crappy drops and XP and Karma?

I’ll second this. With these stupid mechanics combined with the worthless rewards, they simply aren’t worth the time it takes to down them, let alone the repair and respawn costs.

And to all the people saying just to dodge it. It can’t always be dodged, even the ones you see coming and press your dodge key still hit you 50% of the time because dodge is bugged and won’t always move you.

But bugs they will never fix )because they are too busy ‘fixing’ crap that doesn’t need fixed or figuring out more ways to get people to spend money on the gem store) aside, these stupid mechanics only detract from the games entertainment value anyway so shouldn’t be there.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I believe the harder the champ it is more rewardable should it be.
Removing them is nonsense.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.