I don't like Chaos skins

I don't like Chaos skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

What is the “chaos” part? When I hear “chaos” I think mesmer, bit more into purple maybe. Wild, swirling perhaps, what is chaos when it comes to a white shining skin?

Don’t get me wrong, I somewhat love the simplistic look.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Cyan.6904

Cyan.6904

I got the sword for my thief, there was only a second that I wondered if it was a good idea for a thief to have a white shining sword. But I got it anyway, just for the heck of it.

Cyan Graceland — Elementalist
The Knights Temple [TKT] — Aurora Glade

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

I absolutely love them. To each their own I guess.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’m really debating getting these for my Mesmer. She is white, silver and blue and the sword and focus on her matches her colors. Unfortunately, I made the Anomaly for her back when she was pink and white. So expensive. I hate to give it up.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

From the initial looks (not seeing them in game yet, however), I’ll be holding my tickets a bit longer (and earning some more via Keyruns).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

The longbow and Dagger skins are great

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

For the people that haven’t seen them…
http://dulfy.net/2014/08/12/gw2-chaos-weapon-skins-gallery/

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Ley Line weapons were pretty and unique. These are blindingly white and bland, especially since they can’t be dyed.

Nostalgia shots fired.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

What is the “chaos” part? When I hear “chaos” I think mesmer, bit more into purple maybe. Wild, swirling perhaps, what is chaos when it comes to a white shining skin?

These are from GW, the chaos axe is something people have been clamoring for since release. They dropped in FoW.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

These are from GW, the chaos axe is something people have been clamoring for since release. They dropped in FoW.

I see, thanks!

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: kraussty.1873

kraussty.1873

I think the Chaos Skins could of had much much more detail to them, although they do look somewhat cool… These skins could of had much more time put into them I personally think…

(edited by Moderator)

I don't like Chaos skins

Azure The Heartless.3261

It’s obvious to see that, although some people may consider them to be ugly, more thought went into the [Ley Line] set than the Chaos set.

The Chaos Set is just a nostalgia throwback for people who missed their axes from GW1.

Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

I love them. I think that most people saying they’re simplistic do not have high enough graphics to see the light blue designs in them. ^^

The only one that is lame to me is the shield. :P

Yea I agree with you I play with max graphics and they look great. My mate plays in med graphic setting and they look lame. So your pc set up will make a difference.

I think the shield is one of the coolest weapons xd.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Made a thread about those in the BLTC section, but turns out the main discussion is here.

Had the same perception problems (and it’s not the first time when the name is misleading either). Probably need to know GW1 to get it.

I love them. I think that most people saying they’re simplistic do not have high enough graphics to see the light blue designs in them. ^^

Playing on highest, tried different shader settings, but it’s still too bland and low-poly (at least the hammer).

20 level 80s and counting.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Yeah, I agree. These Chaos skins are bland. Very lackluster.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Tasty Pudding.3764

Tasty Pudding.3764

They look like they are made out of dry ice to me.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The only one that is lame to me is the shield. :P

Yea I agree with you I play with max graphics and they look great. My mate plays in med graphic setting and they look lame. So your pc set up will make a difference.

I think the shield is one of the coolest weapons xd.

Meh. When I previewed the shield it chopped of my character’s arm. Definitely not cool.

I would consider anything with this much glow to be ugly anway so that is a no win situation.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I play with highest graphical settings and I still think they look bland. Like radioactive q-tips.

You can see a little blue in there if you squint and zoom in to the max, but the fact is that from even a small distance away you can’t see anything but white glow. The bloom / glow overpowers any details the weapons might have from most angles. And they really don’t have much detail anyway, the glow basically IS the weapon.

Honestly, I don’t generally have a problem with big glowy weapons for the most part. They aren’t my personal preference most of the time, but other people enjoy them and variety is nice, so I’m all for them.

But these are just so… bright. The glow overbears the weapon itself and just makes it look like a white blob. The glow isn’t even that impressive to look at either, its just a standard white bloom with a bit of rippling at close distances. If it pulsed or had some wave effects on the edges or smoked or… anything, really, I wouldn’t find them so bland to look at.

If other people like them, that’s fine and dandy. But for me, I actually find them a little blinding to look at and dread the day I start seeing people running around in full Radiant gear with Chaos weapons. All the fire everywhere might be boring, but at least I don’t go blind looking at it.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

They look like they are made out of dry ice to me.

haha true!

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

They look okay when you are up close looking at them I guess.

But when I first saw people with them from a few feet away, It looked like my GPU didn’t load a texture rather than a cool skin. Yes, I play with my graphics all the way up. They don’t do the chaos axe from GW1 any justice. Plus you could dye those.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If other people like them, that’s fine and dandy. But for me, I actually find them a little blinding to look at and dread the day I start seeing people running around in full Radiant gear with Chaos weapons. All the fire everywhere might be boring, but at least I don’t go blind looking at it.

Character model limit: Lowest
is a wonderful thing.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Good for you every set of skins ppl hate it or love it every time.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

My favorite weapon set so far.. I’ll probably reskin my Twilight and Bolt with the Chaos skins as soon as I get enough tickets.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

The axe looks great in GW1. Somehow they manage to make it look like poop in gw2. Reminds me of the torment weapons.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

The Chaos weapons have been the first set that had a skin that was a “must have” for me. (Enough to spend some gems to get a few more keys and ticket scraps.) I used a Chaos Axe for years in GW1, and I had to get one for my character in GW2 as well. I think the Chaos Axe looks great. It seems to glow more silver in some areas and more golden in some areas. Nice!

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Those of you who are interested in seeing high res of the mace and axe, here you are!

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Those of you who are interested in seeing high res of the mace and axe, here you are!

They actually look better than I thought. They still don’t have that nice chaos shine we saw in gw1 though.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I really never liked the chaos items in GW1, as they looked exactly too lazy on the first glance. Afterwards, I thought they must have taken some time but they still never “wowed” me.

Similarly, I think this set of weapons begins by looking uninspired and ends looking just as tacky as the chaos axe and gloves did in GW1. (I think they were more a status symbol, “look at me I did Fissure! I farmed components for the crafter! I spent way too much on these to look ugly” kind of status symbol.

Still wasn’t as bad as Obsidian.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I really never liked the chaos items in GW1, as they looked exactly too lazy on the first glance. Afterwards, I thought they must have taken some time but they still never “wowed” me.

Similarly, I think this set of weapons begins by looking uninspired and ends looking just as tacky as the chaos axe and gloves did in GW1. (I think they were more a status symbol, “look at me I did Fissure! I farmed components for the crafter! I spent way too much on these to look ugly” kind of status symbol.

Still wasn’t as bad as Obsidian.

This, so much kitten this.

When I first GW1 (late in it’s life span) I thought they were common skins because of boring they looked and how kitten often I saw them in Kamadan.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Aycee.9162

Aycee.9162

The Chaos set isn’t for me but, for the people who are complaining about how they just reskinned low level basic weapons, I believe they were trying to keep a common theme with the GW1 Chaos axe which was literally the most basic axe model that you could imagine and it glowed.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: DONO.8760

DONO.8760

I don’t like the RNG and ridiculous TP prices. I also don’t like the fact that you can’t dye them…

The axe looks great in GW1. Somehow they manage to make it look like poop in gw2. Reminds me of the torment weapons.

lol…poop.

(edited by DONO.8760)

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

i guess no body actually compared the modeling. I’ve compared the one hand sword with kryta sword and found the mesh of both sword to be quite different.

Yes they look similar but the detail are actually not the same. They, indeed, are not from the same model. Therefore not a reskin.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

I prefer ex Gw1 Chaos weapons ???

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

It seems lazy and I hope A-net doesn’t seriously think that they will get away with another set with just a different color glow and a different name.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

I don’t know guys, but I really, really prefer textures on my weapons.

This axe is so bright it looks photo edited. How are the GW1 chaos weapons better?

Attachments:

(edited by Avascar.9237)

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

This axe is so bright it looks photo edited. How are the GW1 chaos weapons better?

They might just have nostalgia and it blinds them or its just about them being dyeable.

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

I don't like Chaos skins

Celestina.2894

Simple, nostalgia.

People don’t realise the chaos axe was just as boring, it just was bright as kitten thus stood out despite being one of the most boring skins in any game. Exactly the same as the GW2 chaos weapons.

The only difference is chaos axe could be dyed, but that just made it a different shade of bore.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Iconik.8712

Iconik.8712

Seriously. I feel like anet reskinned all of these weapons in less than an hour.. are they even trying anymore? At least let us dye these or something… le sigh.

Hey everyone. This guy doesn’t like the chaos skins. Shhhhh. What will he say next?

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I’m ambivalent on the chaos skins, I would probably use them if I unlocked radiant skins, but since I started with hellfire first they wouldn’t fit any of my characters.

… then again I started with hellfire first because of how ridiculously bright radiant armor pieces were.

That being said, these chaos skins are insane in how bright they are; I was in EBG to get my daily wvw kills when I noticed one guy with a chaos sword in the enemy blob – and I could track that guy throughout the entire fight because he was literally a shining beacon amidst all the particle effects flying around.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

chuckle Now wouldn’t it be fun to get a really tanky guard all dressed up in radiant armor, decked out with chaos weapons and just watch people chase his sorry butt around the map trying to kill him? (Cause he’s shiny and some people are just stubborn like that) Reminds me of good times in GW1 and alliance battles….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

Seriously. I feel like anet reskinned all of these weapons in less than an hour.. are they even trying anymore? At least let us dye these or something… le sigh.

I don’t like the way Sunrise looks, but holy kitten, other people do, and you know what? I keep my mouth shut because there is no need to go on the kittening forums and complain that you don’t like the way something looks just for the sake of it. Enough with the negativity people..

Magummadweller

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Ley Line weapons were pretty and unique. These are blindingly white and bland, especially since they can’t be dyed.

Nostalgia shots fired.

Do they have ANY effects? If they have any of the ghostly blue/purple glow/blur like the Chaos Gauntlets in GW1, I might consider taking a closer look, but if they are just bright white, I’ll pass.

EDIT: Looked at the video on Dulfy and see they have a white smoke effect. Per above, they look more like ICE weapons than CHAOS ones (at least considering the GW1 items named that).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

I don't like Chaos skins

Celestina.2894

Nostalgia shots fired.

Do they have ANY effects? If they have any of the ghostly blue/purple glow/blur like the Chaos Gauntlets in GW1, I might consider taking a closer look, but if they are just bright white, I’ll pass.

They have engravings on them from what I recall……..but good luck seeing those unless you’re fairly close. Even then the bright kitten white tends to override them.

Honestly, if they were a bit less bright with a darker color for the engravings, they’d look much better.

As it stands now, they look like your graphics card is starting to die at first glance.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: qwerty.1230

qwerty.1230

way to screw up one of the best skins from GW1, anet. why couldn’t you just take the chaos axe the way it was? and it looks like minimal effort was put into the rest of them…

I don't like Chaos skins

Azure The Heartless.3261

way to screw up one of the best skins from GW1, anet. why couldn’t you just take the chaos axe the way it was? and it looks like minimal effort was put into the rest of them…

Well it isn’t a complete screw up.

I think that, coming right after weapons fashioned from artifacts of porous rock, blindingly white misty weapons seem a bit…. garish?

Far from a travesty, but not enough for me to -want- any of them.

Ill just pick up a skin for every weapon my warrior can use in Ley Line since the prices are 20-30% cheaper than nostalgiaweaps.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

I am honestly surprised at how many people actually like these weapon skins.
Before they got released, i opened a BL claim ticket from a chest and didn’t spend it on a ley line skin, just because i thought a new skin set might come soon for an introductory fee of 1 ticket and i’ll get a weapon if it looks awesome. And then i read that these Chaos skins are coming. Having not played too much with GW, i didn’t know what to expect but i imagined how awesome it would be, because “chaos” sounds awesome :P
And then i previewed one and first i thought something is bugged or wrong with my computer – why isn’t the texture loading? Oh, all of them are like this. Oh. Well i’m not spending a ticket on any of these… :P
I am quite happy to see how many ppl like them though, it’s rare to see so many positive feedback on skins

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

They should have made them transparent and with more glow. Just like original axe looked. Atm this is just a cheap reskin with some pulsating glow that looks so lazy.

I don't like Chaos skins

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

“Best skins” . . . hehe.

I respectfully disagree . . .

And that’s just in axes.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.