I don't like doing daylies anymore

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Natsu.2589

Natsu.2589

Since the content patch, doing daylies has become a hassle for me and some of my friends. It soaks up much more time, and I’m forced to do things I don’t like. What that means is, you (Anet) narrowed the selection of categories, thus slicing away a part of my ‘freedom of choice’. I don’t see how that could possibly benefit anyone.

Now I either have to do boring events that take to much time to complete, or I have to stand around in PvP, waiting for the rounds to finish, or hoping for some kills. I despise PvP. You want me to play the game the way you think it’s right? That won’t work in the long run, sorry.

Please, uncouple PvP categories from the PvE ones, or at least broaden the selection again.

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

While I’ll never argue against more options, I’ve been able to easily get the dailies through PvE alone. Could you please give us an example of a problematic day for you and tell us which ones don’t fit with your playstyle ?

Going with todays dailies:
– Condition applier. Even with power builds I can’t avoid completing this one.
– Leveler. Easy. Just stick to one character for a bit.
– Gather. A few seconds out of the way while I’m doing open world stuff. Maybe 5 minutes if I stick to gathering alone.
– Fractals: I can understand not getting this one if you don’t like FOTM.
– Recycler: This takes 1 minute at most. Buy some cheap fine/masterwork items on trading post, salvage them for more luck.
– Events. Another easy one

That’s 5 dailies that are easily obtained through PvE, plus the fractal one. So I’m not seeing your problem.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

You might see the problem better if you consider than some days are better/worse for a casual stroll to the laurel than others. Hit a couple of bad days, and you won’t be logging in to check for a gimme set.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

i don’t see any problems with dailies – unless you hate pvp and eotm karma train

kill all ze thingz

Natsu.2589

Before the patch I logged in, enjoying a tiny session by doing the dailies (I’ll never get this word right, gosh). I knew, I could earn some laurels alongside. It simply would progress slowly but steady. Laurels, level-ups, that kind of thing. Now I have to concentrate on it and put much more time into it. As for your examples:

- Leveler (Now, I almost everytime have to do this. It’s almost not an option anymore, if I want to complete the daily. Sometimes, when not near a new level, this takes time.)

- Fractals (Not my thing, and I’m still not good enough for it.)

- Events (I don’t like them, and I have to do 5 of them, each consuming what? About 8-10 Minutes? That’s hefty in comparison to before.)

As said PvP stuff is annoying to do for me, and beyond that I’m a drag for people who really love that stuff, because I can’t, and don’t want to, contribute much. That destroys their game, their fun.

And please, stop writing something like “I don’t see your problem”. Do you honestly believe, I take the time to write down something (in a language that isn’t my own), that isn’t a real problem for me? I’ve tried it several days now and I’m on the verge of letting it fall completely. I just want to get my 35 laurels, buy another ring and that’s that. The incentive to log in, for a few minutes PvE fun, will collapse, as it stands now.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

i don’t see any problems with dailies – unless you hate pvp and eotm karma train

Not once have I seen a daily that could not be completed in zones 1-15. No Eotm or fractal in any way required for the basic 5.

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

I’ve never had to think about the dailys. I’ve yet to encounter a set that doesn’t just autofinish while doing 20 mins of what little content there is in the game. Sit through boring events or PVP… well I’m sorry to break it to you but if you can’t handle events and PVP then you might not be cut out for MMORPGs because that’s all there is to this game and pretty much every other MMORPG ever made or planned for the near future.

Natsu.2589

Well, I hate to break it to you, but you’re wrong. It worked before the patch and other MMOs I’ve played, didn’t have that kind of daily system. So the problem couldn’t arise.

The thing is, you just don’t take away something that worked from players. And I don’t see how a narrowed selection could be a better thing in terms of: “Play like you want to play!”

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

There was nothing wrong with the old daily system, but they deemed it needed to be changed, im guessing because the new system is used in china, remember ppl we are beta testers for china.

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Agree with OP. While they still CAN be done, the choice is more limited than before. I am not the only one in guild that has noticed this.

If anet wanted to slow down the APs earned, why not offer the same amount of choices as before, and simply cap the AP max per day from dailies..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Like I said in the other feedback topic, it’s become harder to do the dailies along with your normal gameplay. With the old system there were many times I was surprised that I had finished the daily without even specifically doing all the categories. Now, it won’t happen – at least not as often. I feel like with the new system you have to go out of your way to do the daily, thus making it less of an enjoyable experience.

Still puzzled as to why exactly they changed the system. Less options for players = better? More grind = better? Eh?

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I’ve never had to think about the dailys. I’ve yet to encounter a set that doesn’t just autofinish while doing 20 mins of what little content there is in the game. Sit through boring events or PVP… well I’m sorry to break it to you but if you can’t handle events and PVP then you might not be cut out for MMORPGs because that’s all there is to this game and pretty much every other MMORPG ever made or planned for the near future.

Leveler: whoops, I just leveled yesterday and now have a complete bar to fill again, that will take ages
3 Skill points: even worse, I will need to level 3 times or find a zone I don’t have the sp yet and hope I can reach them
5 events: I’ve stopped playing one night, after 1 1/2 hours, with only 3 events done. There simply weren’t any more events (not counting failed ones or ones that I didn’t get credit for because I arrived too late)
10 salvages: RNG based, again, if you have about 30 minutes to play, you can get unlock and never get a salvagable. (been there, done that)

Dungeons, Fractals and the Orr one I don’t even try. They simply cannot be done if you don’t have a few hours to spend.

WvW/PvP: no comment.

In short, if you don’t have a full evening to play, dailies can be a pain in the backside. Especially as you want to play the way you like, instead of the way Anet would like you to play. And PvP never ever was a mandatory part of the Guild Wars games up until April 15th.

Yargesh.4965

Leveler: whoops, I just leveled yesterday and now have a complete bar to fill again, that will take ages
3 Skill points: even worse, I will need to level 3 times or find a zone I don’t have the sp yet and hope I can reach them
5 events: I’ve stopped playing one night, after 1 1/2 hours, with only 3 events done. There simply weren’t any more events (not counting failed ones or ones that I didn’t get credit for because I arrived too late)
10 salvages: RNG based, again, if you have about 30 minutes to play, you can get unlock and never get a salvagable. (been there, done that)

Dungeons, Fractals and the Orr one I don’t even try. They simply cannot be done if you don’t have a few hours to spend.

WvW/PvP: no comment.

In short, if you don’t have a full evening to play, dailies can be a pain in the backside. Especially as you want to play the way you like, instead of the way Anet would like you to play. And PvP never ever was a mandatory part of the Guild Wars games up until April 15th.

It looks like you have only one character. Use one of you empty slots, create a character you get personal done, leveler done and when you delete the character break down the equip and that is done.

LadyRhonwyn.2501

It looks like you have only one character. Use one of you empty slots, create a character you get personal done, leveler done and when you delete the character break down the equip and that is done.

And how is that “play the way you like”? That’s just as bad as having to join a zerg train or do PvP in my book. (and I do have multiple characters, at various stages of progress, but I only level up one at the time, that happens to be my way of playing. Which is now punished by ANet)

Yargesh.4965

And how is that “play the way you like”? That’s just as bad as having to join a zerg train or do PvP in my book. (and I do have multiple characters, at various stages of progress, but I only level up one at the time, that happens to be my way of playing. Which is now punished by ANet)

Just advice, do what you want and be happy or miserable.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Agreed, I’ve been doing the EOTM for the meta (I want those wvw weapons) over the last week and I don’t even look at the dailies and they manage to get down in 30 minutes or so. Granted I’m doing it on a guardian so conditions application/removal are always easy, reviving always has plentiful options, most objective NPC targets are champs, leveler is super easy as is events (since almost everything is an event), killing invaders (staff 1111111), recycler (so much loot and I’m still salvaging everything for ecto’s and luck), etc

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I like the new dailies. I do them with out thinking most times.

But that’s probably because I play all aspects of the game (PvP and PvE). Not try to limit myself and whinge like a kitten about Anet not catering to me.

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

+1. People will complain about anything and everything these days and it seems they enjoy being miserable more.

No one is forcing you to do dailies. They are there for your enjoyment. The random mix of choices is to help you broaden your play style and the things you do by giving you different things to do everyday. Dailies are not supposed to be giveaways where you expect to do nothing but still earn laurels. You have to be willing to work for it to achieve rewards. I bet you’d complain if the dailies were the same everyday in which case you’d think they’re a “grind”.

I have not PvPed even once since this game launched and I’ve been playing since day 1. I have NEVER PvPed to get dailies. If anything I’m noticing it’s easier to get dailies done after the feature patch through PvE alone. I have yet to come across a daily that I couldn’t finish through PvEing.

(edited by Vesuvius.9874)

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I think the problem with dailies is, since the 15th, I’ve often had to TRY and get 5 done, I usually only get 3 done by “just playing”.

When I’m playing a couple of hours a day, I shouldn’t have to go out my way and actively attempt to complete part of a daily.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

i’m fine with it.
i generally don’t do any wvw or pvp…or “activities”……yet they make sure to have 5 you can do that don’t involve any of those.

instead of having 8-9 dailies achieves, i get 5-6. it actually gives me more time to do other things than dailies, then before.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

I hate having my options limited. The new dailies give me fewer options, and yes, I don’t play PvP. I’m a one-handed person, a former righty forced to be a lefty. It simply isn’t fun to play PvP with one off-hand.

Pre-patch, I did the daily almost every day. Now I rarely even try it.

Relshdan.6854

Pre-patch, I did the daily almost every day. Now I rarely even try it.

why? there’s like 2 or 3 less things to do.
it takes even less time.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Eulefant.9624

Eulefant.9624

Agree on not liking the daily system.
I only started doing dailies when I had been playing for 3-4 months, since then for me as a purely PvE player they have been a thing that kept me busy on daily logins.
I noticed how since update I stopped after grinding the 5-6 that I could do ( I do not WANT to do Pvp, wvw or dungeons, just happy to play solo and chat, can’t you accept that ? )

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Not once have I seen a daily that could not be completed in zones 1-15. No Eotm or fractal in any way required for the basic 5.

Actually, a few days ago they had “Orr Killer” as a daily, quite a few people noted that was the first time they ever saw a daily that couldn’t be done in a 1-15 zone.

Posted by: Euryon.9248

Euryon.9248

The question that no one is answering is: regardless of how “easy” it still is to get dailies, how is taking away 3-5 options “better” for anyone? How is this an improvement? What explanation is there for why this was implemented with fewer options, other than Anet trying to force people to do PvP/WvW?

Yargesh.4965

Actually, a few days ago they had “Orr Killer” as a daily, quite a few people noted that was the first time they ever saw a daily that couldn’t be done in a 1-15 zone.

There where 5 that could be done in a 1-15 zone without going into orr.

Relshdan.6854

The question that no one is answering is: regardless of how “easy” it still is to get dailies, how is taking away 3-5 options “better” for anyone? How is this an improvement? What explanation is there for why this was implemented with fewer options, other than Anet trying to force people to do PvP/WvW?

its not better, just different.
they clearly want to cap daily achievement points (since they added the 5000 pt cap)….this will slow down the pace new players get to that cap. they also want more to play wvw/pvp ….and less pve options might get more players to try the pvp ones.

its not bad or good….just different. you get the same rewards either way. i like the new system better, because dailies are boring in general…but being so easy to get, i felt compelled to do them all. now i do the 5 ot 6 easy ones, and i’m off to do other things faster than before………..win for me.

I understand that less options isn’t better; they could have just allowed all the same options as before, but limited the number that counted….but they didn’t.

grand scheme of things, its a minor change, that works better for some than others

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

They wanted to limit the amount of achievement experience you could get. To do that they also used a system that limits the amount of variety. I would prefer they handle those separately. Say only x number of the daily choices will give achievement experience, but have more choices available.

I don’t have difficulty finishing the daily, but I do often have to check to see what needs to be done and go specifically do something to finish it off.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: dansamy.3752

dansamy.3752

I log in, look at the daily list, pick the 5 I can/want to do & off I go. If there are only 3-4 I enjoy doing, I pick the “least bad” from the rest to do. I may or may not finish on those days.

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I always did what I wanted and was happy with that. But since the update, ANet ruined the fun for me because they removed options. How is removing something that isn’t broken ever good?

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

What the? Dude, the dailies are easy as cake to do now. Most of the time, I complete them all without even paying attention to them, and when I do pay attention, they’re still really easy.

I know you don’t like hearing “I don’t see the problem,” but I’m sorry, I really don’t see the problem. There’s less selection, I know, but it’s way more broad (i.e. instead of ‘Krytan event completer,’ it’s just ‘event completer’)

Even if you don’t like the dailies anymore, It’s almost impossible NOT to do them.

-Daily Kills: well you can’t avoid that, now.
-Daily Gatherer: I gather stuff all the time, so not a prob, either.
-Daily Events: events are all over the place, just pick a few to do.
-Event Mentor: I’m usually a higher level than most of the events I do, anyways.
-Daily Champ Slayer: champ train, done. Heck, this’ll do the event one, too.
-Recycler: I salvage stuff all the time, another easy one.
-Condition Applier: my condition necro loves this one.
-Condition Remover: my condition necro loves this one, too.
-Daily Reviver: there’s enough downed NPC’s to get this one done.
-Laurel Vendor: talk to him. SERIOUSLY, THAT’S IT! Just talk to him, you’re done.
-Leveler: just stick to one character for a bit.
-Skill Point Accumulator: see “Leveler.”
-Personal Story Completer: I’ve got a lot of characters, all of which are working on PS.

I know there’s others I’ve failed to mention, but seriously, you can get most of these done without even trying. I just play like I normally do and get my dailies done every single time, no sweat. Again, I’m sorry, but other than “less options,” I don’t really have any problems with the new dailies.

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

Dailies are a way to try and keep people interested in the game in the hope they may spend more time once they log in or stay hooked. They are a fast grind maybe but even at times when I have been logged in to play dungeons, guild missions, fractals, I really cant be bothered with the daily. I look at it and think I have better things to do.

Now in the current climate of what I consider a stale game I’m certainly not going to log in to do a daily.

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Just keep a stack of leather straps or other materials for quick salvage daily.

Leveler daily if you’re really time stretched, make a new human alt and run it to the end, takes a few mins and you get a level.

Skill points, save scrolls you get from champion bags for the days where you get this daily.

Events, just recognize where quick events are if you are time poor. EOTM trains, queensdale trains and the like are really quick for events and mentor. Alternatively, check if world bosses are up because some of them are a few events including pres.

Daily reviver, the usual spots include Metrica Province near FE and the Seraph north of Ascalon Settlement in Gendarren Fields. There are other places but I usually go to those 2 and res.

I know there’s a lack of choice now for dailies but if you’re really time poor you could figure out how to get as much done as possible in your limited time. Or should anyway, gives you more time to do whatever you want to do.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

I agree. At first the choice was so little and monotonous. They added new ways for doing dailies + the option the choose from which. And now we are back at square 1. Huge step backwards. They ruined so much things that worked right. Don’t get me started on event timers…

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: Kelly.5293

Kelly.5293

I just miss doing daily activities everyday. I never really liked the mini games before that much. But since Anet put them in every day I eventually came around and started doing them routinely. Now I miss doing them everyday. I am aware they are still in the random pool of possibilities . It does make it harder for the ones i like to land on the same day as a daily though.

Posted by: Monod.3562

Monod.3562

I’ve been thinking a lot about this lately.

First of all, I’d like to point out this for the current state of dailies – http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily/Research

Not many choices, not much variety.

Here’s what I’d like to see, for the PvE choices, based on the new lineup.

Events
Recycler
(every day)

Kills
Gatherer
Leveler
(three day loop)

Kill Variety
Aquatic Slayer
Veteran Slayer
Champion Slayer
(four day loop)

Personal Story
Dungeon
Story Dungeon
Fractal
Activity Participation
(five day loop)

Crafter
Mystic Forgesmith
Feast
Karma Spender
Laurel Vendor
Costume Brawl
(six day loop)

Leveler
Skill Points
Group Event
Event Mentor
Puzzle Jumper
Puzzle Discoverer
Ambient Killer
Reviver
Condition Applier
Condition Remover
Dodger
Skill Interrupter
(random loop?)

Ascalonian Event/Kills
Shiverpeak Event/Kills
Krytan etc etc
(basically all the region specific dailies, random loop?)

That would be eight choices a day and I think a better variety.

There, now I can stop thinking about that.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I agree. At first the choice was so little and monotonous. They added new ways for doing dailies + the option the choose from which. And now we are back at square 1. Huge step backwards. They ruined so much things that worked right. Don’t get me started on event timers…

We’re not back at square 1.

You don’t have to do all 10 things to get credit for the Daily. That would be back to Square 1.

Yes, I hate that they reduced the options. Especially since they capped the total amount of AP you can earn from Dailies over all. My guess is, in a future patch, the options will increase again. They just over-corrected for the problem of too many AP coming from Dailies and Monthlies.

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

We’re not back at square 1.

You don’t have to do all 10 things to get credit for the Daily. That would be back to Square 1.

Yes, I hate that they reduced the options. Especially since they capped the total amount of AP you can earn from Dailies over all. My guess is, in a future patch, the options will increase again. They just over-corrected for the problem of too many AP coming from Dailies and Monthlies.

Ok perhaps not exactly back to square one but you got my feeling about it. The majority of players are in the 8-11k achievement points range. I myself am at 10.6k now imagine after playing from day 1, when am I supposed to reach the 21k points to get the boots? Let’s not mention if there is a coat as well somewhere in these boxes past 22k. Probably next year lol. That’s why it’s a huge step backwards.

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I skipped Dailys most of the week when I usually do them. They pretty much require pvp to finish them quickly otherwise too boring. Wish they just kept all of them and just mixed the previous pve and pvp number of dailys together.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Mr Bimble.2764

Mr Bimble.2764

The reduction in choice is very annoying.What I find just as bad are the rewards for time invested.I got to the 4500 achievement chest three days ago.Along with some rubbish armour, crafting crap for ascended stuff I will never make, I received ONE copper.Disappointed was I.Why are the rewards so abysmal.Now it seems as though only very occasional visits to wvw will be gw2 for me for a while

Posted by: dansamy.3752

dansamy.3752

I thought the achievement point chests were supposed to reward with gold?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I’m on the fence on this one, there’s both good and bad.

The good: never again is it the exact same rotaion of 1 day having to do Ascalon kills/shiverpeaks events with the next day being Shiverpeaks kills/maguuma events. That got boring fast. Now we pretty much can do it all in Queensdale or our map of choice and are not forced to certain maps.

The bad: there are days where you only get 4 PvE choices it seems or one of them is get 3 skill points. Sure I can get 1 skill point by doing the rest of the daily usually from events. But come on I have 8 chars all with world complete there are no skill points for me to simply unlock that way. Leaving me 3 annoying choices. 1 make a new alt and grab some skill points, 2 waste 2 skill point scrolls (which I am trying to save for whatever char I may want to use them on later) or 3 grind out 2 more level ups through events/whatever.

Some of it now is too forced. Sure I can do both the PvP/WvW and/or PvE together but tbh I like to and do play WvW/Pve when I choose to and not forced to. Please anet remove that stupid 3 skill point choice and bring back the ambients. Sure that was annoying too but not as bad!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Paulytnz.7619

I thought the achievement point chests were supposed to reward with gold?

There are some which give gold, usually a benchmark number so to speak. Example 10k points is something like 10 or 30 gold, I forget the specifics but on my chest list I can see the 15k chest and that again is about 30 gold. I do remember that the 10k chest also gave 400 gems which is pretty nice for players who have never had gems, it gives them a nice little taste of how gems work and what the gem store has to offer.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I agree with the people that wish they hadn’t reduced the amount of options for the Dailies, but I do like that they combined the categories.

I’ve noticed people mentioning that they are unhappy with the Event Daily. I would suggest doing the Queensdale Champ Train. There are usually a lot of people doing it, so it only takes a few minutes to hit all five events for your Daily Quota.

Also, if you have them, those Skill Point Scrolls are a fast way to do Accumulator. =)

Posted by: Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

If you don’t care then why post? Sick enjoyment out of belittling and irritating people? OP is correct and people like yourself who attempt to make their points insignificant or foolish either have a hidden motive or are just shooting your own self in the foot. Choices have been significantly limited and it has had an adverse effect on game play for those of us that don’t have or want to play hours everyday. I suspect the point of limiting choice is to “Force” players into PVP. I have yet to figure out why A-net favors PVP soo much? I personal hate PVP mainly due to its monotony and restrictive play style. Plus the players that tend to play PVP are rude and disrespectful.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

If you don’t care then why post? Sick enjoyment out of belittling and irritating people? OP is correct and people like yourself who attempt to make their points insignificant or foolish either have a hidden motive or are just shooting your own self in the foot. Choices have been significantly limited and it has had an adverse effect on game play for those of us that don’t have or want to play hours everyday. I suspect the point of limiting choice is to “Force” players into PVP. I have yet to figure out why A-net favors PVP soo much? I personal hate PVP mainly due to its monotony and restrictive play style. Plus the players that tend to play PVP are rude and disrespectful.

I think it was an overreaction to achievement point hunters who felt compelled to do ALL of the options each and every day who came on the forums and complained about how the huge number of options made dailies feel like a chore.

I do think they limited it too much and there are ways to increase options while limiting ap earned to a reasonable amount to keep most of both groups happy.

Paulytnz.7619

I think it was an overreaction to achievement point hunters who felt compelled to do ALL of the options each and every day who came on the forums and complained about how the huge number of options made dailies feel like a chore.

I do think they limited it too much and there are ways to increase options while limiting ap earned to a reasonable amount to keep most of both groups happy.

If this is true that’s just silly…

Changing this system for that reason just like changing the trait system and how it used to work because “some” people didn’t spend their points or do it to the best of their ability is plain stupid. If they keep going at this rate soon they will just pull the game because “some” people may play too much and get ill from it or something silly like that.

Come on, give us the benefit of the doubt here, we are not all children needing hand holding…

Rant ended, at least those silly “you have been playing 1 hours please take a break” messages are not here unlike gw1 lol…

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

That and or Anet is trying to funnel people into game modes they don’t like. It isn’t the everyday PvE player’s fault PvP isn’t very popular yet they keep trying to force us into it. From reading the PvP forums since 4/15 the PvP players are not too happy about the influx of PvE players that are just there for dailies.

With the old system I easily got my 5 PvE for the daily and if I felt like it I could get another 2-3 in PvE for a few more achievement points. Now my hands are tied.

The Burninator

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I just want to get my 35 laurels, buy another ring and that’s that.

You do realize that you can save 10 laurels by going to a Borderlands and buying the ascended rings with 25 laurels and 250 badges of honor, right? If you’ve been reaching the achievement chest benchmarks, you should have the badges available.+

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Agree with the OP.

It’s a massive pain now, even harder with the introduction of the mega server.

So many events that were open in the past are now completed… doing 5 events just takes to long. Spot an event on the map, by the time you get there it has been completed… rinse and repeat again.

Spots where we could previously rez NPCs have people swarming all over them and its a pain finding NPCs to rez around the world.

There has been no benefit to the changes that they made… it doesn’t matter if some people still find the daily easy, reducing the options available was a terrible idea.

People will just come on this forum and argue with any point just because they like to stir things up…

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)