I don't like the new dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: stallhorn.1836

stallhorn.1836

Thanks AN, for making the dailys grind worse. Some of us work, have families, and are not locked in our mother’s basement playing for hours a day.

Oh yeah, While Im at it. Here is a shock for the DEVs. Not all of us play PvP. craft, or use dodge that often (prefer fast kills). You can add rezing to the list of stuff recently added to the grind, that take more time.

By adding things we dont do to the daily grind, you have made some of us with limited time, non players.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Dailies are not mandatory, if you don’t want to spend 5 minutes doing something different you don’t need to.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: stallhorn.1836

stallhorn.1836

nothing is mandatory, and if it were 5 minutes, Id not made this thread

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

As someone who has two jobs, looks after a kid and gets maybe an hour or two a night if lucky, you don’t speak for all of us.

The daily takes all of half-hour if you get an unlucky combination of tasks.

Crafting is by far the easiest (refine 10 ingots and pow, done. Even ties in to gathering)

I’d say the hardest though is the Veterans.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: merforga.4731

merforga.4731

I really don’t get why people are whining about the dailies.

1) You don’t NEED to complete them.
2) It takes literally no longer than 5 minutes to do something you don’t like
3) 1 dungeon run and you complete half your daily while still doing you enjoy, likewise, if you’re doing PVE content in the world, just doing this will give you the daily in 30 minutes.

I too work full time and run my own business on the side and I have no issue with the new dailies. If I don’t have time play then I forego that daily. No biggie. Not everything will be handed to you on a plate, kinda defeats the purpose of playing a game….

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

Lets see, todays dailies, I went to Dorics Waypoint in Malchors Leap and res’d npc + 1 event, ran around Malchors leap gathering ori/wood/omnomberries for gathering achievement, went to cursed shore and did pent/shelter to finish of kill + event, then went to Lions Arch and spoke to laurel vendor.

Todays daily was actually manageable in a shortish time.

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

This post…is…what

>.> For the dodge daily, all you need to do is aggro an NPC and let him beat on you (don’t fight back) and dodge his attacks. Do that until you’re finished. Takes about 60 seconds depending on your vigor.

Rezzing counts for NPC’s too. I find the fastest way to do this is by doing events that involve NPC’s, the one’s in Orr are perfect. Otherwise WvW is the other fastest way.

Crafting? Make 10 balls of dough for Cooking. You buy the mats from the vendor and use Sticks of Butter. Only takes crafting Level 1 to do it.

Gathering? Just casually run up the coasts of Orr. You should be able to spot the 98239487234 Mithril Ores.

I mean, if you don’t have time for any of this, then that’s less than 30 minutes of playtime.

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

I really don’t get why people are whining about the dailies.

1) You don’t NEED to complete them.
2) It takes literally no longer than 5 minutes to do something you don’t like
3) 1 dungeon run and you complete half your daily while still doing you enjoy, likewise, if you’re doing PVE content in the world, just doing this will give you the daily in 30 minutes.

I too work full time and run my own business on the side and I have no issue with the new dailies. If I don’t have time play then I forego that daily. No biggie. Not everything will be handed to you on a plate, kinda defeats the purpose of playing a game….

Stating that you don’t NEED to complete them is a non-starter argument. The karma alone is reason enough to NEED to complete them for many players. That’s days or weeks worth of karma for some people. The other rewards also make it more than worthwhile.

That being said, there’s nothing in the new dailies that is tough to achieve. Most of the arguments center around simply not wanting to do something. My response to that is TOUGH. Don’t want to do crafting and spend 2 minutes completing that achievement? Then you don’t deserve to finish it. Don’t want to do a bit of dodging during combat? Too bad. Learn to play. Don’t want to kill a handful of fishies in the water. Go soak your head.

None of these activities is difficult to complete. Reviving downed opponents? Are you serious? And best of all, visiting a Laurel vendor. Lord, the hardship. These achievements are EASY to do. Be thankful you aren’t stuck trying to get 50 player kills in WvW for your monthly. Now that’s a time-consuming pain in the kitten especially if you feel nothing but white hot hate for PvP. But if it only took me a couple of minutes a day to do it, like several of the dailies, I’d gladly shut the hell up and get on with it.

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Just did AC p1,2,3

Completed all of daily except gathering and crafting which takes all of 5 minutes.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

I strongly disagree.

First, Arenanet does not like Hardcore players, they put Diminishing Returns in place to stop hardcore farming.

Arenanet does seem to favor Casual players. The fact that they make everything “Daily” proves that. That way you log in “a little” everyday to do part of something you want, and get rewards slowly. You can only get 1 Pristine Fractal Relic per day, 1 Laurel per day, 60 per dungeon path once per day(otherwise 20 tokens for re-do), etc etc.

So if you are Casual and in 1 evening you do 1 Fractal run, you will get your ring in 10 days. Even if you are Hardcore and you do 10 Fractal runs in 1 evening, it will still take you 10 days to get your ring.

Last, Arenanet does not favor Impatient players. Everything about this game is about playing a little of everything per day and building what you want to have over-time. This whole game was made based on “waiting”. You waited 5 years for this game to come out.

Arenanet’s philosophy, also known as “When it’s ready” applied to the game’s release, the patches, or even your gears/cool items you get. Even their events are not instant, you have to “wait” for the events/chain to start.
Your Ascended Ring will be ready in 10 days(provided you play a Fractal per day).

Now dont say there isn’t enough stuff to do because of “once per day” things. You can do 1 Fractal, 1 time of each path of a dungeon, 1 daily, 1 time each OrichalcumOre/AncientWood mining(24hour respawn nodes). That’s enough stuff for 1 evening.

This is a clever way to keep players. Otherwise, you would hardcore farm quests/raids/dungeons/materials and get what you want instantly, and then leave the game because “there’s nothing else to do”, probably move to another game, and “chances” are you will get too busy with it to come back. While you are still playing the game a little every day, they introduce new items/events etc once a while to keep you entertained and stay. Is this better than WoW “grind like crazy with no life all day long forever for my gears and repeat it when new expansion comes out”?

Play a little GW2 per day and the WoW addiction goes away.

They even pay attention to even little details that players ask. Triforge amulet is just 1 item, by popular demand of those who have it(a thread with 30 posts only yes!), it can now be promoted to ascended. And those who have it are rewarded by being practically the only ones with an ascended amulet right now(i doubt anyone has enough daily laurels to buy an ascended amulet yet during the past 3 days eh?), this is a waiting game afterall.

Another philosophy i strongly suggest Arenanet to adopt though is
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!

tl;dr When It’s Ready!

Posted by: aluisiora.4568

aluisiora.4568

I don’t get these guys, if you don’t have time to do the dailies, then you have no time at all, forget about games.

Play them on the weekend or whatever, it is obvious you won’t get the same thing like someone who has more time to expend playing.

Posted by: Revolution.6301

Revolution.6301

Thanks AN, for making the dailys grind worse. Some of us work, have families, and are not locked in our mother’s basement playing for hours a day.

Oh yeah, While Im at it. Here is a shock for the DEVs. Not all of us play PvP. craft, or use dodge that often (prefer fast kills). You can add rezing to the list of stuff recently added to the grind, that take more time.

By adding things we dont do to the daily grind, you have made some of us with limited time, non players.

Hi I have an entire thread about this. Please take your great thoughts and add it to it =)

Posted by: Revolution.6301

Revolution.6301

I strongly disagree.

First, Arenanet does not like Hardcore players, they put Diminishing Returns in place to stop hardcore farming.

Arenanet does seem to favor Casual players. The fact that they make everything “Daily” proves that. That way you log in “a little” everyday to do part of something you want, and get rewards slowly. You can only get 1 Pristine Fractal Relic per day, 1 Laurel per day, 60 per dungeon path once per day(otherwise 20 tokens for re-do), etc etc.

So if you are Casual and in 1 evening you do 1 Fractal run, you will get your ring in 10 days. Even if you are Hardcore and you do 10 Fractal runs in 1 evening, it will still take you 10 days to get your ring.

Last, Arenanet does not favor Impatient players. Everything about this game is about playing a little of everything per day and building what you want to have over-time. This whole game was made based on “waiting”. You waited 5 years for this game to come out.

Arenanet’s philosophy, also known as “When it’s ready” applied to the game’s release, the patches, or even your gears/cool items you get. Even their events are not instant, you have to “wait” for the events/chain to start.
Your Ascended Ring will be ready in 10 days(provided you play a Fractal per day).

Now dont say there isn’t enough stuff to do because of “once per day” things. You can do 1 Fractal, 1 time of each path of a dungeon, 1 daily, 1 time each OrichalcumOre/AncientWood mining(24hour respawn nodes). That’s enough stuff for 1 evening.

This is a clever way to keep players. Otherwise, you would hardcore farm quests/raids/dungeons/materials and get what you want instantly, and then leave the game because “there’s nothing else to do”, probably move to another game, and “chances” are you will get too busy with it to come back. While you are still playing the game a little every day, they introduce new items/events etc once a while to keep you entertained and stay. Is this better than WoW “grind like crazy with no life all day long forever for my gears and repeat it when new expansion comes out”?

They even pay attention to even little details that players ask. Triforge amulet is just 1 item, by popular demand of those who have it(a thread with 30 posts only yes!), it can now be promoted to ascended. And those who have it are rewarded by being practically the only ones with an ascended amulet right now(i doubt anyone has enough daily laurels to buy an ascended amulet yet during the past 3 days eh?), this is a waiting game afterall.

tl;dr When It’s Ready!

Oh please don’t even…

Then why did they add ascended gear and now faundrls?

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

You complain about the daily; I complain about the monthly that forces one to do Fractal dungeons. I have yet to complete a monthly since the game launched.

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

I strongly disagree.

tl;dr When It’s Ready!

Oh please don’t even…

He’s allowed to give his view on the matter.

Because a ton of people were complaining about no end game and were too impatient for legendaries. Whether or not AN went about it in the right way is probably still too soon to tell. They haven’t released all of the ways to get ascended items.

The laurels are another way to get ascended items, something we already knew was coming and gives more of a reward for doing dailies and monthlies. I’m just glad the laurel vender sells things other than ascended items.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Oh please don’t even…

Like i already explained. As hardcore you might be, you are not getting your ascended ring in less than 10 days. As casual as you might be, you are still getting your ascended ring in 10 days. (or the daily equivalent of getting laurels instead of pristine relics).

Thus Ascended gear does not directly relate to hardcore players.

Ascended gear is new content, admittedly really badly introduced. At first there was NO SURE WAY of getting them(random chance of arandom ring drop from a chest that spawns in FotM10 that you can only equip one of and cannot be traded/given/sold), but they changed that.

I hate ascended gear as much as you do, I would have rather they stuck to Exotics being maxed and skins being the only thing that differentiated long time players.

I dont see(as i gave the example above) how ascended gear(at least for rings, not backpacks) is more easily acquired by hardcore players though, though clearly it is hardcore players that desire the items the most.

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

The laurel system acts like a veteran rewards. (the longer you own and active in the game, the more rewards you get)

But I’m very curious to find out what they have in store for the permanent achievements.
As it stands right now, we’re looking at some unrealistic numbers.

1+1 = potato

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Last night after work my wife and I went out with some friends for a 4 course wine pairing. Afterwards we went and got some frozen yogurt. When we came home we chatted with our neighbors for a bit. Somehow, I still managed to get my dailies. it took 45 minutes.

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

The dailies are even easier now to get than before. kill variety has been reduced. Daily veteran kills is a joke. Crafting is a joke. Dodging is a joke. Resing is a joke. Yesterday took me literally 15minutes to get my daily.

This game is completely geared towards casuals, and as a casual myself, I love it.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

The dailies are even easier now to get than before. kill variety has been reduced. Daily veteran kills is a joke. Crafting is a joke. Dodging is a joke. Resing is a joke. Yesterday took me literally 15minutes to get my daily.

This game is completely geared towards casuals, and as a casual myself, I love it.

Kill variety was always the hardest part of the old system, especially in Orr.

Posted by: CalvinHobbes.3541

CalvinHobbes.3541

How does adding things you personally don’t like to the list of dailies have any bearing on the length of time they take?

“It’s a magical world, Hobbes, ol’ buddy… Let’s go exploring!”

Posted by: Aldracity.9463

Aldracity.9463

Crafting is by far the easiest (refine 10 ingots and pow, done. Even ties in to gathering)

Disagree completely. Daily Laurel Vendor is by far the easiest.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

You complain about the daily; I complain about the monthly that forces one to do Fractal dungeons. I have yet to complete a monthly since the game launched.

Heh very similar boat here.

Last monthly I completed was in September. The October monthly had regular dungeons and the November-January monthlys have had Fractals.

Hoping for a change come February otherwise I may break down and do a Fractal.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall