I don't own a single piece of legendary but

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SLOTH.5231

SLOTH.5231

Just came back to the game last week after a couple year break. I’ve never been one for crafting and actually hate it. I play wvw don’t do raids and not really in to pve.

I’ve noticed it’s very hard to kill people in wvw now even one on one and I get my ass handed to me most of the time. I have full exotics but pretty sure everyone else is maxed in legendary gear by now.

Is there an easy way to obtain legendary gear for someone who just enjoys wvw only? I’ve noticed a npc that has legendary in wvw but says need to own the skin first so a bit confused.

Posted by: Despond.2174

Despond.2174

No most people are not in full legendaries, it’s rare. You need to check a few things first.

First, how experience you are in that mode, you may be making mechanical mistakes, have a wrong set-up, wrong sigils, armor type etc. Secondly, you can play more defensive and just roll with zergs until your confidence is up. Thirdly, ascended gear outside of trinks/weapons don’t help that much.

Getting ascended trinks has never been easier with LW3 maps, look up on that, will take you a week or few more to max out on asended trinkets. Then look into crafted weapons which are the biggest upgrades. You can run exotic armor and be perfectly fine.

Also know your match-ups, some people have been playing every day and know the ins and outs of every class and are fantastic duelers, know when to disengage, force resets etc. There’s MANY variables out there, trust me “everyone has legendaries” isn’t one of them.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Trust me, most people there are in Exotic armor too, or Ascended at best, which gives only 5% more on stats. Very few people have Legendary armor, it’s not been out for long (also gives the same stats as Ascended)

It’s not the gear, you need to get your skills in shape and pick good WvW armor stats. There are a few web pages with suggestions, most popular are metabattle.com and qtfy.eu.

Good luck!

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: Leon de Damasco.8105

Leon de Damasco.8105

Can you define “easy”?
As you pointed there is way to obtain legendary armor just playing WvW.
I seriously doubt that about “everyone else is maxed in legendary gear” but, if you feel you are far behind there is a tier called Ascended. Guild Wars 2 is pretty much a game where players’ skills are much more importan than gear.
Hf and GL.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Can you define “easy”?
As you pointed there is way to obtain legendary armor just playing WvW.
I seriously doubt that about “everyone else is maxed in legendary gear” but, if you feel you are far behind there is a tier called Ascended. Guild Wars 2 is pretty much a game where players’ skills are much more importan than gear.
Hf and GL.

Ascended gear isn’t anywhere near as important as a Competent build. Most people in WvW either roll exotics, or recycle parts of their Raid loadout if the stats match up to what they need. What matters is the build they use, and how they deploy it.

I would wager hes massively over confident in his abilities, but is running an ancient meta build from pre-HOT, and has no idea how to counter play the new Espec builds. The fact that he hasn’t even mentioned what class he runs, or what classes are pounding him, suggests hes not sure what tactics hes losing to.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Legendary gives you no stat advantage over ascended. Ascended does give you an advantage but not as much of an advantage as you probably think. Mostly like you’re dying because people have better builds and more practice at using them.

Posted by: Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497

As mentioned before Legendary Equipment is equivilent to Ascended equipment stat wise. And the difference between Ascended stats and Exotics are very very small. GW2 PvP is still a game of skill, and a small numerical advantage will not be enough to make up for it. Even when meta builds come into play.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Its not the armor.

Its a bit of power creep from the HoT elite specs and more that you just haven’t been playing as much as them. They are used to fighting others and therefore just have a higher skill level.

Most people are using exotics or ascended or a mix of the two. Still just comes down to skill though. I was once rolled by a dude in yellows that simply outplayed me and I’ve rolled people that were all flash but had no idea how to swing their sword. It happens.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Legendary gear has ascended stats, so getting that should be your goal (as a WvW player).
The difference between exotic and ascended is around 5% (weapon and FULL armour or trinket set). Closing the difference is what you can work on.

How to get ascended stats from only WvW is difficult.
1. Ascended items drop from rank up chests and can be rings, weapon and armour boxes (with a stat type, so a Shaman’s Weapon box gives you a weapon of choice with Shaman stats).

2. Use the Mystic Forge to change unwanted stats to you stats of choice
You need some materials, wiki the Mystic Forge page about what you need

3. Close the gap via food
Using food buffs and Sharpening Stones/Tuning Crystals can close a bit of the gap between exotics and ascended. Watch out for food dropped by commanders or bring your own. Lvl 70 food can be bough with Badges too in WvW.

3. Go on the Legendary quest
To access the WvW ascended items at the Vendor you need to have the exotic variant unlocked first via the Triumphant Armour reward track. Buying the ascended items requires you to have gold, WvW skirmish tickets (around 1.4k for a full set) and Marks, which are the crafting component. You will need to have ascended crafting levels for making the materials for them (more than 400).

All of this just covers the items, but like Vayne posted, your build might be outdated (if you come from a long break you might still use an outdated build), or you could just lack training in fighting competitive players.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Just came back to the game last week after a couple year break. I’ve never been one for crafting and actually hate it. I play wvw don’t do raids and not really in to pve.

I’ve noticed it’s very hard to kill people in wvw now even one on one and I get my ass handed to me most of the time. I have full exotics but pretty sure everyone else is maxed in legendary gear by now.

Is there an easy way to obtain legendary gear for someone who just enjoys wvw only? I’ve noticed a npc that has legendary in wvw but says need to own the skin first so a bit confused.

As others have stated, this is likely mostly on you pal.

The notion that most wvw players are full legendary or even full ascended is silly. Especially the very harcore wvw players with multiple builds and multiple characters will likely be full exotic.

All of those players though (no matter if ascended or exotic) will have a ton of experience and practice on you which is way more valuable than the 5-10% stat bonus ascended provides (legendary does no provide any stat advantage versus ascended by the way).

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

My advice would be to look at sites like Metabattle and other places for advice and builds, look into a few pieces of ascended gear, and as much as I hate to say it, get better. Legendaries do not give the advantage that you seem to think they do and are in no way needed for any area of game play. You are coming back to a game that has changed a lot in the last couple of years and trying to be competitive with people who have likely remained current on gameplay, builds, and tactics.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Also, and I know this sounds silly, watch vids on youtube pertaining to your class. Get a feel for how those classes are being played competitively. Then dedicate some time to playing the classes you feel are killing you more often. Sometimes getting more familiar with enemy skill rotations is more valuable than gear.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

There’s much you can do improve your items quality:

-Exotic to Ascended ( 96% vs 100% on main stat. IE Power for a zerk armor ).
-Food ( provide you stats and/or utility. Like -X% condition duration or -X% dmg while cc ).
-Oils/etc ( provide you Extra stats based on Stats, or flat stats ).
-Infusions ( 18 slots x 5 stats = 90 extra stats ).
-Black Lion Items ( or Candy Gobber ). 5% Extra Damage + 5% Damage Reduction ( also a slighty health regen like 0.5xlvl HP/s )
-Signet of Bloodlust ( or whatever signet you need )- ( +250 extra stat ).

Here’s a link of a normal zerk with no consumables, nor ascended, nor infusions, etc…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQFAFA-TlRDgA9K/SUCCY+7V9H+9HA1BAA-w

And here an ascended full buffed.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAVIA-TlBEABMp8Ln9HaTHwWKBTU9HAOCABAQAcezbezbezzNv5Nv5NvZpAiYZE-w

Talking about main stat ( because remember that ascended equipment for an instance look at critical hit or critical dmg stats and compare the 2 builds, and also slightly the armor ), we are talking about 600 extra main stat which is over 25% extra dmg.

It’s up on you btw.
I am with who says that stats does not count in wvw ( also it is meant to do zerg vs zerg. whoever is going solo, farming, dailies, achievements, etc… is simply 1 people less for its own team ).

Posted by: SLOTH.5231

SLOTH.5231

Thanks for all the feed back. I main a mez with a full condition build. I run a hammer dragon rev for zerging. I also have a ranger, warrior and guardian I play occasionally all with exotics. Pretty sure after reading everyone’s feed back I need to practice and try some new builds.