I don't understand somthing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Why would a company drive away their player base and make them angry, by gutting professions to make them unplayable. Like berserk spec on warrior.

Is the plan to make it so no one wants to buy your products. Seems like a good idea to me idk about you guys. Good luck getting me to buy your expansion.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Posted by: LimeSamurai.9140

LimeSamurai.9140

Why would a company drive away their player base and make them angry, by gutting professions to make them unplayable. Like berserk spec on warrior.

Is the plan to make it so no one wants to buy your products. Seems like a good idea to me idk about you guys. Good luck getting me to buy your expansion.

Balance patches happen.

I play ranger mostly and my pets either dont attack, disappear or just do not do what their intended.

If you think this is the end all be all patch and no further patches are coming then I mean, play whatever FOTM is.

I’m assuming you played Zerker cuz it was op af and now it isnt. Move on to the next FOTM, mate.

Tudes

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

My level of frustration is 100%. I play 3 mains:
- Power PS Berserker for fractals
- Condi Ranger for raids and open world
- WvW frontline staff Guardian

At least Daredevil dodge speed trait is not nerfed because of mounts. Can do my daily gathering and some Lake Doric farm and frack off until expansion hit.

Posted by: ImTasty.2163

ImTasty.2163

Patches happen. Some builds will be stronger some will be weaker with every patch. This won’t be the last patch where some other spec comes out being super strong while others get weaker. Welcome to the world of online gaming.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Um, having a Berserker Warrior, they’re perfectly playable? Do you have a bug with your character maybe? What is the specific problem?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

Um, having a Berserker Warrior, they’re perfectly playable? Do you have a bug with your character maybe? What is the specific problem?

2 weeks ago Berserk Warriors were on top of the game. Contributing to Warriors often taking many spots in different roles in raids where other classes got none. You could roll Warrior and know your spot as a certified kitten was set in stone because you picked from the top of the pile.

Now they have been brought down to the level of us mere mortals. Although let’s be honest, they are still very good, and still top tier. They are not overwhelmingly top tier.

And this is simply unacceptable!

Posted by: Kormeg.2469

Kormeg.2469

Is this how you make arguments as an adult? If something isn’t to your particular liking, obviously it’s a bad idea and doesn’t make sense???

You literally don’t even explain what it is you don’t like about the addition.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

This question has mystified me from the beginning of my MMO experience. Some 7 or 8 years ago I was happily playing a survival hunter in another game. The game thought that survival was too strong so they nerfed a key ability to the ground while simultaneously buffing the marksmenship spec to a point where it was stronger than the original too strong survival spec. Patch day came and all hunters switched to marksmanship. I stood there scratching my head. Why would you even think that this behavior would remotely contribute to game balance. And, look, you have three specs there why wouldn’t you want each to be viable.

My own philosophy is that all dps classes and specs provide the same basic functionality (reducing an opponents hp to zero while maintaining yours) but do so in different ways. So, we have notions of direct damage and dot damage, burst and sustained, and so on. We also have different classes/specs as possessing interesting counters to both game mechanics and other classes/specs. All classes should be similarly serviceable at doing their thing, which they do, perhaps, differently. Patch day should never simply be a signal that everyone needs to change their spec. Balance of properly designed classes should merely be addressing obvious and unintended peaks and valleys—balance should never be perceived by players as gutting an existing class /spec. I understand the complexity inherent in the undertaking of balance but I still don’t understand why it can’t be done way better than it currently is.

Posted by: Corax.7381

Corax.7381

Because, Raine, sometimes “balance” patches are an opportunity for the developer to change how a spec functions at a core level. It seems that, in your perfect world, every spec is 100% functional, smooth, and fun, and all that needs to be adjusted are simple percentages. Sadly, this is not reality. If a spec does not play well in the eyes of most players, the developer is obligated to change it. If a spec does not fit the developer’s design philosophy, either current or future, and they wish to change it – regardless of what players think – then that’s also their right. Ultimately, you’re playing their game, not yours.

The Berserker Power change was meant to encourage a different gameplay style for Warrior. ANet wants Warriors feeling better about using bursts at less than 3 Adrenaline, for whatever reason – perhaps because of Spellbreaker, or perhaps because they just felt like having 3 Adrenaline bars was pointless when only 3 (or 1, during Berserk) were ever used. Was the change less then ideal for current balance? Of course. Should ANet change Primal Bursts so that they give the bonus of 3 bars, not 1? Obviously. But the change itself had nothing to do with balance – yet it was done anyways. Ask yourself why. No, the answer isn’t “to drive away customers!”.

As a side note, Blizzard was notoriously bad at balancing during Cataclysm.

“Quaggan will kick your tail so hard it slaps you in the face!” – Willoo

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Because, Raine, sometimes “balance” patches are an opportunity for the developer to change how a spec functions at a core level. It seems that, in your perfect world, every spec is 100% functional, smooth, and fun, and all that needs to be adjusted are simple percentages. Sadly, this is not reality. If a spec does not play well in the eyes of most players, the developer is obligated to change it. If a spec does not fit the developer’s design philosophy, either current or future, and they wish to change it – regardless of what players think – then that’s also their right. Ultimately, you’re playing their game, not yours.

The Berserker Power change was meant to encourage a different gameplay style for Warrior. ANet wants Warriors feeling better about using bursts at less than 3 Adrenaline, for whatever reason – perhaps because of Spellbreaker, or perhaps because they just felt like having 3 Adrenaline bars was pointless when only 3 (or 1, during Berserk) were ever used. Was the change less then ideal for current balance? Of course. Should ANet change Primal Bursts so that they give the bonus of 3 bars, not 1? Obviously. But the change itself had nothing to do with balance – yet it was done anyways. Ask yourself why. No, the answer isn’t “to drive away customers!”.

As a side note, Blizzard was notoriously bad at balancing during Cataclysm.

That, Corax, would be class redesign. And the desired output of redesign would be a balanced state. So, whether it’s peaks and valleys balance of, ideally, properly designed classes or class redesign, the goal is the same, a balanced state of the game. My question remains.

Also interesting is your notion of it being their game. This is a common perception and usually employed as in “they want you to play this way”. I think differently about games and gaming. Consider you character(s) and the notion of character progression. If you understand the dynamics their is massive ownership going on and this is true for the heavy fantasy roleplayer and the gamer who just enjoys playing the game. Typically you care about your skills and abilities, how your character looks, etc. You invest and to some degree identify. This is a given and understood implicitly by players and developers alike. But, for some reason this knowledge remains hidden to some when you move to the level of the game. You inhabit the game world, you “live” there sometimes for significant portions of each day. And, if the game has succeeded you will have a sense of it being your game. This is why “play it your way” was understood and taken up by the player community. And, it is simultaneously why it is dangerous for a game when it becomes obvious to players that the game is not theirs, that they are merely there to satisfy the game god’s list of does and dont’s. Food for thought.

(edited by Raine.1394)