I dont wanna dx12 because...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

Hi everyone, i dont know if u tryed win 10 but is a big hole for the privacy and is not customizable as the older windows for example u cannot disable the update, some ppl had problem with automatic driver update and other stuff..
I dont wanna talk too much about win 10 this is gw2 forum, dx12 is for win 10 only so i hope anet will make a different engine for the future sokething like vulkan will be awesome because have the same performance as dx12 and is avalaible also for linux

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

Personally I don’t care. This game has incredible graphics for an mmo that most computers can currently run.

Why fix what isn’t broken?

Lian Olsam.9541

I m not just talking about gw2 but gw3 etc etc

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Oh I wouldn’t worry about that, by the time ( if they do ) make a GW3, DX17 will be out.

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

gw2 runs on dx9 anyway.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Lian Olsam.9541

gw2 runs on dx9 anyway.

yes, but they will start to make a new engine erlier for this i open this topic now, because is really important, we should not undervalue how bad is win10, and i dont think Microsoft will change his mind in the future about the customization and privacy

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Its not Anets fault if people do not know how to configure their system. You can disable everything if you know how.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I hope they do upgrade it to DX12, lol.

I want to see this games graphics continue to be the best .

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Malediktus.9250

I hope they do upgrade it to DX12, lol.

I want to see this games graphics continue to be the best .

They never were the best, even at release they were outdated. But any upgrade is nice, especially real anti aliasing and not cheap shader AA like FXAA and SMAA.
Oh and higher quality textures.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I love GW2’s graphics. They’ve struck a great balance between looking fantastic and still being forgiving to those people with lower spec systems.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Lian Olsam.9541

You cant disable some stuff on home edition, and something in the pro version too, isnt about knowledge on OS…

Ofc i wanna a better gw2 gw3 etc, for this reason i suggest vulkan, google it, it will give the same enhanchement of dx12…

Btw gw2 have the best graphic u can find in any mmo even with dx11, the real improvement with an highter dx or vulkan is the optimization on draw call but ofc u also need an 64bit client…

Btw i dont think they will upgrade this on gw2, and onestly i dont care too much because i think is more important if/when they will make a new engine they will not do that on dx12, because win 10 is the worst os made by microsoft, no privacy, no a complete control on your pc, i dont like it, and with vulkan intead of dx the game should be compatible also with linux.

You should akso google vulkan vs dx12 someone say is even better

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

Personally I don’t care. This game has incredible graphics for an mmo that most computers can currently run.

Why fix what isn’t broken?

WvW and World Bosses would like a word with you…

Not that I don’t play other games, but my pc is worth roughly 3k; PvE is fun yada yada get 100-180fps with everything maxed including supersampling, step into WvW or a zerg on a world boss and I watch my fps plummet down to the low 20s. If you think GW2 wouldn’t benefit from an API like DX12 or Mantle in these MASSIVELY cpu bottlenecked scenarios, you really don’t have the authority to make a comment like that. And no dropping settings is not a solution.

There are several issues with GW2’s engine current implementation.

- it caters to the lowest pc hardware denominator (i.e. one of the big reasons they will likely never update to a never version of the engine unless working on a new game from the ground up)
- it’s based on dx9 which has little to no multi threading functionality
- it’s limited to a 32-bit client

Some other issues that I believe prohibit Anet from working on an API/Client update:

- They’re working on HoT
- Living story updates require constant work on new content as opposed to dropping expansions every 1-2years
- They likely don’t have the manpower to maintain multiple dx/client versions of the game including updates, beta testing, and bug fixes
- It would cost them a huge amount of money and manpower to port the game to a newer dx version

So as much as a 64-bit client and newer API support would help in CPU limited scenarios in the game, myself and a huge portion of the community believe Anet won’t bother with such an endeavor until/if there is a GW3 in the works.

And sadly this is why I don’t play WvW, the performance with more than 20-30 people playing drops through the floor. Heck, I’m even surprised they added in new AA options and some minor graphics options, too bad we’ll likely never see performance improvements for WvW/World Boss zergs (cpu limited scenarios).

(edited by AegisFLCL.7623)

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

You cant disable some stuff on home edition, and something in the pro version too, isnt about knowledge on OS…

Btw gw2 have the best graphic u can find in any mmo even with dx11, the real improvement with an highter dx or vulkan is the optimization on draw call but ofc u also need an 64bit client…

Btw i dont think they will upgrade this on gw2, and onestly i dont care too much because i think is more important if/when they will make a new engine they will not do that on dx12, because win 10 is the worst os made by microsoft, no privacy, no a complete control on your pc, i dont like it, and with vulkan intead of dx the game should be compatible also with linux.

Seriously, the amount of saltiness and misinformation in you is beyond the normal.

Home edition is for people that don’t know advanced things about computers and SO. Some things are locked because without the knowledge of it people end up not upgrading their SO, have problems with connecting to internet, don’t have a proper and updated antivirus… Also it doesn’t bring some features that could cause problems, like dual boot, remote desktop, bitlocker…
Someone pro should not be looking for the Home edition.

What are the things locked in the pro version? I’ve seen a few posts about some assumptions in 8chan forums made by anonymous and they are all full of misinformation, lack of understanding and self-made theories.

About draw calls, you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. Gw2 is not even able to max the limit of draw calls of DX9.

They won’t uy would put the most used API, and if that’s dx12, then it would have it.pgrade their game engine, but if they do, the

Vulkan is yet to be seen how good it is. What we only know is one of its devs said Vulkan “might” be better than dx12.

And W10 is the best SO made by MS ever, and possibly the best ever made. But here we have some fanboy anti MS thinking W10 is bad due to imaginary lack of privacy (while all his life might be in Google’s or Apple’s servers) and the lack of control (when he doesn’t even know what you can and cannot do).

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Lian Olsam.9541

Seriously, the amount of saltiness and misinformation in you is beyond the normal.

Home edition is for people that don’t know advanced things about computers and SO. Some things are locked because without the knowledge of it people end up not upgrading their SO, have problems with connecting to internet, don’t have a proper and updated antivirus… Also it doesn’t bring some features that could cause problems, like dual boot, remote desktop, bitlocker…
Someone pro should not be looking for the Home edition.

What are the things locked in the pro version? I’ve seen a few posts about some assumptions in 8chan forums made by anonymous and they are all full of misinformation, lack of understanding and self-made theories.

About draw calls, you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. Gw2 is not even able to max the limit of draw calls of DX9.

They won’t uy would put the most used API, and if that’s dx12, then it would have it.pgrade their game engine, but if they do, the

Vulkan is yet to be seen how good it is. What we only know is one of its devs said Vulkan “might” be better than dx12.

And W10 is the best SO made by MS ever, and possibly the best ever made. But here we have some fanboy anti MS thinking W10 is bad due to imaginary lack of privacy (while all his life might be in Google’s or Apple’s servers) and the lack of control (when he doesn’t even know what you can and cannot do).

lol your post is awesome

i’m not anti MS really, i really love win8.1, and i have tryed myself win 10 so i know what i’m talking about
you say the home edition is for ppl doesent know what to do, ok, so let set up by default the update, but give the option to disable it, if they r noob they even doesent lf this option for disable it, dont u think?

“Someone pro should not be looking for the Home edition”
did u saw how expensive is the pro version? in eu is 280 euro, twice of home, and i should spend double just for be able to disable stuff? thats a joke!! also beacuse in the older version of Windows you doesent have this problem…

anyway as i told i dont care about MS and his OS, everyone is FREE to choose what he want, i’m not a funboy of anti MS, i a funboy to the OPTIONS, and to me chose something different like vulkan sounds to have the options to play my game in other OS and with older OS, with dx12 u are forced to change OS, even if u dont like it

ps: u need the enerprise edition for lf the update and chose to posticipate the instal, on win 8.1 u can lf the update and chose what u wanna instal etc etc in 10 PRO he will instal the update w/o confirmation…. and this is sound really bad to me, there is also other stuff u can do in win xp/7/8 and i cant do in win 10 home/pro i dont remember everything but i’m sure on that

(edited by Lian Olsam.9541)

Ansau.7326

Windows 10 pro costs 180€, 280€ is the usb version. Also, all W7 and W8 (8.1) can upgrade for free. After that you can do a clean install. So grab any hard disk that has a previous Windows version and upgrade it for free.
Price is not an excuse.

Disabling upgrades can become a big problem, specially for this new version and the the new way of how in the future the SO will get the new things. Is the obvious way.

Vulkan is yet to be seen how used it will be. It may become very famous, or as much forget as OpenGL. Devs have the same choice than you, and if they mostly choose dx12 (which is the most probable case) then you’ll be able to choose dx12 with all games, or vulkan with no games.

The last part is kinda false, you can postpone the upgrades with the pro version, even program them. The only thing you cannot do is to choose what do you want or don’t want to upgrade.

Lian Olsam.9541

Windows 10 pro costs 180€, 280€ is the usb version. Also, all W7 and W8 (8.1) can upgrade for free. After that you can do a clean install. So grab any hard disk that has a previous Windows version and upgrade it for free.
Price is not an excuse.

Disabling upgrades can become a big problem, specially for this new version and the the new way of how in the future the SO will get the new things. Is the obvious way.

Vulkan is yet to be seen how used it will be. It may become very famous, or as much forget as OpenGL. Devs have the same choice than you, and if they mostly choose dx12 (which is the most probable case) then you’ll be able to choose dx12 with all games, or vulkan with no games.

The last part is kinda false, you can postpone the upgrades with the pro version, even program them. The only thing you cannot do is to choose what do you want or don’t want to upgrade.

if u do the free upgrade you will have a “upgrade version” you will doesent have a win 10 key, but a generic key, so when august 2016 will come there is no info if u can keep win 10 or if u have to buy a new version (if u format, or change your mobo even if u have a retail version of win you can found this info in the ms community, MOD are say different things and MS doesnt told anything on that

anyway i dont care if other game are not made with vulkan because i play mostly with guildwars, so it’s the only game i care about

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store?Action=DisplayPage&Locale=it_IT&SiteID=mseea&id=ThreePgCheckoutShoppingCartPage

279€ the downloadable version…. not the usb

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Lian Olsam if you take advantage of the free windows 10 upgrade offer upgrading from legit windows 7/8/8.1 key to windows 10. MS takes a hardware hash from your pc then you can do a fresh clean install of windows 10 and it will be auto activated for you. The free upgrade is yours for free for the life of the device or you change mother boards. You can do many reinstalls on the same pc even if you change hard drives.

Mostly MS have done their best to make thing pretty clear even with their flip flops on information.

As for privacy you can opt out during windows 10 install process and in settings after you install windows.

MS put out a fix for the drivers problem so all should be good now.

Last you can use google to find many windows 10 fixes & tweaks.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

(edited by JediYoda.1275)

Malediktus.9250

Ofc i wanna a better gw2 gw3 etc, for this reason i suggest vulkan, google it, it will give the same enhanchement of dx12…

You should akso google vulkan vs dx12 someone say is even better

If all else fails you can add the microsoft ips to the host file so it cannot contact the update server (also good to block the other spyware stuff from W10) anymore.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

If they upgrade, it’ll be in addition to Dx9.

And the privacy issues in Win 10 are overblown.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Google is your friend OP. I have Windows 10 Pro X64. I’ve had no problem turning things off. If you personally have a problem with Windows 10, that’s fine. But telling people misinformation is just wrong. Untill you have a full understanding of what you are talking about, you should refrain from making such sweeping statements.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

JediYoda.1275

If all else fails you can add the microsoft ips to the host file so it cannot contact the update server (also good to block the other spyware stuff from W10) anymore.

from what I’ve read on another forum that’s not 100% true with windows 10 with some IP’s have been unblockable by the host file.

Ansau.7326

Free update is free update, no trial, full version, support until 2020 and extended until 2025…
I don’t understand why people believe more opinions in internet than official statements.

Official price for WIndows 10 pro 64 bits is 199$ (174€). In Spain you can buy it for 165€ (http://www.pccomponentes.com/microsoft_windows_10_pro_64bits.html), and in Germany for 155€ (http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B010S3VOEO/ref=s9_simh_gw_p65_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=1Z4VABVJYR62C4EN0PFY&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=585296347&pf_rd_i=desktop).

All this nonsense about the key? Windows 10 allows you to do a security backup, restore, get back top the previous SO for the first month and change the key of the product.

And put in your head Gw2 will not move to Vulkan or dx12. Devs have said there are no plans to upgrade, and the API is not the most restrictive part of the rendering, which means upgrading to a newer API wouldn’t add a meaningful performance improvements.

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

I’d much rather they spend their time improving multi threading performance than messing with a new API, and I say that as a fan of Directx 12. This game just isn’t GPU limited, so why bother? If they would/could get the client to a state where the GPU is the bottleneck then talking about a new API would make sense.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Ansau.7326

@JediYoda.1275 I wasn’t responding you, but to OP.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Free update is free update, no trial, full version, support until 2020 and extended until 2025….

Yeah… and?
That’s all fine and dandy if you stay with the same hardware till 2025, MS has said if you made major hardware change like new mother board/CPU you may need to buy a new key. Changing out a hard drive for new one is fine as they know hard drives die all the time. Free for the life of the device they said also.

I don’t understand why people believe more opinions in internet than official statements.

you fail, go read up on windows 10 info it’s all relevant

All this nonsense about the key? Windows 10 allows you to do a security backup, restore, get back top the previous SO for the first month and change the key of the product.

Talk about the key isn’t nonsense at all as I was clarifying an obvious misunderstanding by the OP. MS will let roll back to your older OS so you will still need a key for that.

Or use a program like Balarc advisor that will fish out all the Keys for every program.on your PC. That’s what I did right away. And its completely different to my windows 7 key. The only thing I will point out, is that windows 10 comes up as 8.1 at the moment, I guess they’ve not updated yet to recognize windows 10. So I have my IOS downloaded, mounted and burned to a disc and my Windows 10 key. So if anything go’s wrong, I can just reinstall windows 10 with out a problem.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

JediYoda.1275

@Ansau.7326: I’m sorry, I thought some of your reply was.

Free update is free update, no trial, full version, support until 2020 and extended until 2025….

Yeah… and?
That’s all fine and dandy if you stay with the same hardware till 2025, MS has said if you made major hardware change like new mother board/CPU you may need to buy a new key. Changing out a hard drive for new one is fine as they know hard drives die all the time. Free for the life of the device they said also.

you fail, go read up on windows 10 info it’s all relevant

Talk about the key isn’t nonsense at all as I was clarifying an obvious misunderstanding by the OP. MS will let roll back to your older OS so you will still need a key for that.

Or use a program like Balarc advisor that will fish out all the Keys for every program.on your PC. That’s what I did right away. And its completely different to my windows 7 key. The only thing I will point out, is that windows 10 comes up as 8.1 at the moment, I guess they’ve not updated yet to recognize windows 10. So I have my IOS downloaded, mounted and burned to a disc and my Windows 10 key. So if anything go’s wrong, I can just reinstall windows 10 with out a problem.

True and I will point out like I said above once you have win 10 activated MS takes a hash of your hardware and keeps it on their servers. You can do all the installs you want on the same pc/hardware even a hard drive swap of same pc and it will be activated without a key need, just hit skip few times during reinstalls.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Um…

Did they ever say that they’re planing to up to DX12 or anything higher than their current DX9 for that matter?

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Behellagh.1468

Other than a want ad for a Lead Graphics Programmer, no.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

you’ll still be able to run previous dx’s if they decide to upgrade, dx12 uses the hardware far more efficiently, and fps boosts of up to 75-150%, it would be in any devs best interest to develop for dx12, yes you have to get the updates, that’s GOOD, because it patches security holes.

Behellagh.1468

you’ll still be able to run previous dx’s if they decide to upgrade, dx12 uses the hardware far more efficiently, and fps boosts of up to 75-150%, it would be in any devs best interest to develop for dx12, yes you have to get the updates, that’s GOOD, because it patches security holes.

As many have attempted to beat it into players heads, the devs have stated that the rendering loop that is calling the Dx9 API isn’t the thread of code that is currently limiting frame rate.

2nd Dx12 gets it’s biggest performance game by allowing more of the driver code run in “user mode” where if the renderer is already multithreaded, can significantly boost performance. Our renderer for all extensive purposes isn’t. That means if Dx12 calls were magically to replace the existing Dx9 calls, we would NOT see that much of an improvement.

RIP City of Heroes

Zero Day.2594

So yeah, nothing. They might be used for something else entirely, we can’t be sure at all.

Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

gw2 runs on dx9 anyway.

yes, but they will start to make a new engine erlier for this

…some people still can dream, i see.
Don’t worry, it will pass.

(in case you didn’t get it – the chances of Anet revamping the game engine significantly in the near future are practically nil.)

By the way…

Google is your friend OP.

I find that statement hilarious, when it is used in a context of a privacy concerns discussion.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Behellagh.1468

So yeah, nothing. They might be used for something else entirely, we can’t be sure at all.

Except the qualifications include the following line.

“Expert knowledge of current-gen graphics APIs (DirectX 9/10/11/OpenGL 4.X and DirectX12/Metal/Vulkan).”

True, it may just be HR boilerplate.

RIP City of Heroes

Lian Olsam.9541

Posted by: Mr Quinn.9815

Mr Quinn.9815

@ Lian

So, you don’t use a mobile phone and or any RedTwitFace social media … good for you.

you don’t have to use Win 10 … Try CPM.

this notice was brought to you by a Misguided Misfit

Behellagh.1468

Attachments:

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Lian Olsam.9541

@ Lian

So, you don’t use a mobile phone and or any RedTwitFace social media … good for you.

you don’t have to use Win 10 … Try CPM.

yes i have no social media account and i have modify my android with another rom…

if they wanna my info they have to pay me!!!!
my privacy, my data is valuable to me, u wanna know my browser chache, my preference, my ideology? ok gimme 2000 euro per months till i will die and we have a deal, otherwise i dont give money to this orrible ppl wil became rich with my info….

if ppl dont care about that is because they have no idea how the knowledge is the real power, indeed zuckenberg and friends are very very rich w/o asking a single cent to any person…. and ppl doesent ask why…. no one work for free, but ppl doesent turn on their brain unfortunatly

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

Pay for Windows 10 and share everything you do when you use that system.

10/10 win

Honestly, you have to be utterly stripped of every tiny bit of human intelligence to purchase Windows 10 or even use it.

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

you know there isnt really a secure rom for android that blocks everything out… because open source doesnt work like that…

I use win10 on my rig, no issues, VPN’s are a godsend, f-secure is a nice anti malware/virus (the chief researcher has some nice TED talks on security tbf)

and the image you posted with the yellow highlight about diagnostics.. itis a general requirement, if you dont send data about a crash or something like that, how else can they fix it?

As for DX12

GW2 wont get any benefit from it, but something like FFXIV will, as thats a HEAVILY graphics intensive game, and its mostly for the AAA titles like… call of duty or some sports ball game.

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

Lian Olsam.9541

you know there isnt really a secure rom for android that blocks everything out… because open source doesnt work like that…

I use win10 on my rig, no issues, VPN’s are a godsend, f-secure is a nice anti malware/virus (the chief researcher has some nice TED talks on security tbf)

and the image you posted with the yellow highlight about diagnostics.. itis a general requirement, if you dont send data about a crash or something like that, how else can they fix it?

As for DX12

GW2 wont get any benefit from it, but something like FFXIV will, as thats a HEAVILY graphics intensive game, and its mostly for the AAA titles like… call of duty or some sports ball game.

i know about rom, indeed i’ve done some modify for be more safe…
vpn isn to much safe too the system was already broken, but ofc it help, isnt not easy to use the tecnology w/o be spyed, but if they wanna know something about me, they should use a direct attack to me, i’m not a polititian, i’m not a terrorist or someone who have some kind of information, i’m just a normal man, so no one will attack me directly, and if they do, they will found gw2 and tv series

i just hate to make this normal for big company as default

come back in topic i like what dx12 does, but i dont like all this closed source, the big Brother is inside there, so i’d like to anet will develop the next engine with some open source or Linux/older window version friendly w/o loosing the chance to have better graphic and performance, so i suggest vulkan but everything else than DX 12 is fine too

this game with dx9 is the beautiest mmo, there is alot of dx11 mmo or game, with a worst graphic out there

Posted by: Tao.1234

Tao.1234

vpn isn to much safe too the system was already broken, but ofc it help, isnt not easy to use the tecnology w/o be spyed, but if they wanna know something about me, they should use a direct attack to me, i’m not a polititian, i’m not a terrorist or someone who have some kind of information, i’m just a normal man, so no one will attack me directly, and if they do, they will found gw2 and tv series

come back in topic i like what dx12 does, but i dont like all this closed source, the big Brother is inside there, so i’d like to anet will develop the next engine with some open source or Linux/older window version friendly w/o loosing the chance to have better graphic and performance, so i suggest vulkan but everything else than DX 12 is fine too

this game with dx9 is the beautiest mmo, there is alot of dx11 mmo or game, with a worst graphic out there

They could use SDL libraries and whole game would be compatible with all OSes and platforms.

But who are we kidding anyway.
Despite the fact that it’s easier and better to use SDL, still every nab dev will go for MS and it’s o’kewl DX no?

Suspended for telling Like it is.
Anet gave birth to Gw2 – Anet killed Gw2.
Murican law 2015.

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

They could use SDL libraries and whole game would be compatible with all OSes and platforms.

But who are we kidding anyway.
Despite the fact that it’s easier and better to use SDL, still every nab dev will go for MS and it’s o’kewl DX no?

In all fairness, it’s changing a little bit, and mostly as a result of Valve and their Steam OS, but only time will tell.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Malediktus.9250

from what I’ve read on another forum that’s not 100% true with windows 10 with some IP’s have been unblockable by the host file.

Are you sure? First time I heared of it.
If it is true people will just find another workaround for it, such as blocking the IPs in their router.

Zero Day.2594

Except the qualifications include the following line.

“Expert knowledge of current-gen graphics APIs (DirectX 9/10/11/OpenGL 4.X and DirectX12/Metal/Vulkan).”

True, it may just be HR boilerplate.

O wow, it does specify DirectX12… You might be right though, it being an HR boilerplate.

Even if it isn’t… I think it will be probably coming Soon™ in 2018.

Join the TEEFs!

Behellagh.1468

It’s not spying if you tell people about it.

Wi-Fi Sense only works if your contacts/friends get within range of your wireless network and you can switch it off.

Cortana, to do her job as your personal assistant needs access to your calendar, e-mail, contacts, searches, etc. I got the creeps when Google started suggesting news articles, posted reminders when the cable bill was due, pointed out where my car was parked, etc. but actually it’s more helpful than creepy now.

Diagnostics and Feedback? You mean like how GW2 sends knows your system’s configuration or how every crash report from any software captures that data. My anti-virus and firewall sends back data to their mothership.

You are complaining about Windows Defender? It’s better than not having any Antivirus/anti malware product at all running. Install a 3rd party solution and it stays off.

Again with Wi-Fi sense and yes they don’t need to ask you for access because you already are using their product, it’s in their database already. You expect to use Skype but not expect them to know who you use it with? That’s like expecting the phone company not to know who you call.

I take it that this is Edge? That’s no different how any browser works nowadays.

I’m pretty sure the tin foil hat is appropriate because it isn’t an issue whether they are “spying” on you but the assumption that this information will only be used for “evil” rather than providing you with a better, safer, more useful environment.

RIP City of Heroes

Lian Olsam.9541

It’s not spying if you tell people about it.

Wi-Fi Sense only works if your contacts/friends get within range of your wireless network and you can switch it off.

Cortana, to do her job as your personal assistant needs access to your calendar, e-mail, contacts, searches, etc. I got the creeps when Google started suggesting news articles, posted reminders when the cable bill was due, pointed out where my car was parked, etc. but actually it’s more helpful than creepy now.

Diagnostics and Feedback? You mean like how GW2 sends knows your system’s configuration or how every crash report from any software captures that data. My anti-virus and firewall sends back data to their mothership.

You are complaining about Windows Defender? It’s better than not having any Antivirus/anti malware product at all running. Install a 3rd party solution and it stays off.

Again with Wi-Fi sense and yes they don’t need to ask you for access because you already are using their product, it’s in their database already. You expect to use Skype but not expect them to know who you use it with? That’s like expecting the phone company not to know who you call.

I take it that this is Edge? That’s no different how any browser works nowadays.

I’m pretty sure the tin foil hat is appropriate because it isn’t an issue whether they are “spying” on you but the assumption that this information will only be used for “evil” rather than providing you with a better, safer, more useful environment.

sorry man, but this is the spotlight, the truth is different, but i dont wanna change your mind, you have your idea i have mine

FOR DEVS
i’d like to know from a dev if is too much difficult or expensive develop with vulkan (or another free engine) the next engine you will make for gw2/3/4 instead dx11/12/20 or make also a Linux client… i dont wanna know if u will do it (ok i’d like to know but i know u cant reply) i will apreciate just a tecnical reply from someone who really know what we r talking about because is your job
i really hoping to have a reply on this, just tecnical, i dont wanna give you truble with your boss

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Big brother’s operating system for the good of us all. Is this being pointed out in security circles? Privacy advocates?

And then to gain some form of “privacy” (fat chance), you need the enterprise version. That’s seriously messed up.

Linux doesn’t need advertising. Microsoft does it for them. When Linux nails down PC gaming, I’m out. I won’t be touching Windows 10 at all.

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

I love to hear all the people yelling about privacy. The same thing is done by Apple, Yahoo, Google and just about every company you do business with. So you are going to have to unplug and go live in a cave to protect your information. Sorry to be a bearer of bad news.

JediYoda.1275

You are over blowing things out of proportion here!

Even Anet collects data on everyone that plays their game and they know what hardware everyone has, your address when you make your game account, etc. They even know everything you do ingame since they log everything on their servers.

Google, Face Book, Apple, Steam, Android and the list goes on companies collection data on their customers.

At least with Windows 10 YOU have a choice to opt out of what you don’t want to share. Anet doesn’t give us the option to opt or you just don’t play their game.