I feel like I'm missing a lot

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blackety.8047

Blackety.8047

My highest level is 60 and yet I’ve never participated in WvW or any dungeon. Ever. I don’t even know where to begin or how to prepare myself for either. But I feel like I am missing out on two huge things the game offers. What are some suggestions for someone like me who has put all of their time just doing regular PvE stuff?

Friends are like balloons. If you stab them, they die.

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

Do you belong to a guild? That is where I would start, as the chances are your guildmates will participate in those content types and would be able to introduce you to it, explain the basics, give you tips and take you with them so you can try it out.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

Jump into WvW, find some people running around and just watch chat. WvW up levels your character so you will be 80 in there. I don’t do it much, but it is fun when I go. I just try to watch the chat to find out what is going on and then follow directions to help the server while I am there.

Dungeons on the other hand, now with these just make sure you have Armor and Weapons of your level, then use the lfg or find a guild that runs them. Just make sure while getting a group you let them know you are knew to the dungeon and most groups will teach you the runs. You may get kicked from some groups for not knowing the stuff but keep trying and you will find a group that can help you.

Hjorje

Posted by: Blackety.8047

Blackety.8047

Do most people wait till 80 to do dungeons? Or is it like WoW which had different difficulty level type dungeons?

Friends are like balloons. If you stab them, they die.

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

It depends, some players like to do them as they level up. It is just harder to find a group when doing this way, well unless your in a guild that runs them.

The guild I am a member of, does dungeons almost every night and we sometimes take lower level toons in there to find out how they do in the dungeons. It is really up to you. But I would say the major part of the player base that runs dungeons wait until they have a lvl 80 toon, but I have pugged with some that have been lower.

The dungeons are setup so you can run them while your leveling, so it wouldn’t be out of the question for you to try them now with you level.

Hjorje

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Find yourself a nice, helpful, casual guild and just hang out and learn the ropes. Plenty of guilds take in new players and help them learn what to do…and it gives you people to play with.

Best way to learn in my opinion.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Do most people wait till 80 to do dungeons? Or is it like WoW which had different difficulty level type dungeons?

In the early days, ppl did them as lvlled with each dungeon having a story and explorable mode which have different minimum levels (I think the first is about 30/35 in Ascalon)

Nowadays, most players run them at lvl 80 just because it is more convenient. A decent guild will run with you regardless of level though.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Don’t be too weary about guilds either, you can be in five guilds at the same time. Otherwise I could only repeat what was said already.

Edit: Maybe one thing, you will never truly miss out on anything. Levels adjust dynamically so dungeons don’t become obsolete. It’s not like in Wow where you only do high level dungeons.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

My highest level is 60 and yet I’ve never participated in WvW or any dungeon. Ever. I don’t even know where to begin or how to prepare myself for either. But I feel like I am missing out on two huge things the game offers. What are some suggestions for someone like me who has put all of their time just doing regular PvE stuff?

Lol, after a year playing the game 2600+ hrs and 5600+AP I’ve only even set foot in a dungeon one time, WvW maybe a half dozen times, I do belong to a guild and do events with them but never seem to have the time to make any dungeon runs with them, I don’t want to pug in a dungeon I have no experience in, but hope to do some fratical runs with guildies since the new update. BTW I have 8 toons all level 80’s all decked out with full exotics.

Join a active guild that has interests that fit your needs, nothing makes the game more enjoyable than having a like minded group to play alongside with or to ask for support from, a good group like that will not only keep you interested but also hold your hand learning new content like dungeons that you’ve never experienced.

Posted by: Stubie.5834

Stubie.5834

Each dungeon has a story mode that can be done at the correct lvl easily. Like AC is lvl 30 CM 40 TA 50 etc …. The paths are the more difficult geared toward 80 content. If you would like to add me I’d be happy to run you through the story mode dungeons you’re available to do based on your lvl. If your lvl 60 then we can do 4 or 5 of them atm.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Hi,
Fear not about missing out on WvW or dungeons. They are always there, you can always run them. Once you hit 80, grab some exotics or rares, and be on your merry way. Just mention in party chat that youre new to the dungeon. Or, if you want to be a step ahead, youtube the dungeon.

The only thing that youre going to be behind in with the game is Living Story, ascended gear, and possibly at some point fractals
(FoTM) once the majority continue past lvl 30 again.

But regular dungeons and WvW, dont worry.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

I have three 80’s and I’ve participated in maybe three dungeons and have been kicked from a dozen or so more for not having “the right armor and\or not being the right class”. So you are not alone. I could alleviate the situation somewhat by joining a guild but I detest the guild system in this game and frankly, I don’t think I should have to join a guild just so that I can participate in dungeons.