Please make extremely rare items account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

After working so hard (hard followed by on is a curse?) on my main for 11 months, getting all the good looking skins, including weapons and gem items, but more importantly; soulbound items which were either temporal or hard to craft (like legendaries), playing on an alt feels so unrewarding, feels like I have done nothing for the past 11 months, knowing that no matter what I do, I will most likely never get the same “status” on my alt unless I spend another 11 months on it.

This is most evidently in PvP, where I start with the most basic of basic items, cant have all the cool weapon skins I have in PvE and to top it off armors are heavily time gated (not skills, but time), but there is more: it is random to get the ones you want.

Please, Im not asking for all items to be account bound, but certain “really hard to craft like legendaries, MF weapons, FoTM weapons, one-time event weapons” should be account bound. I spend a LOT of time and effort into making/farming/playing on-time stuff to have it on that toon which has now been nerfed to the ground or I just dont feel like playing 101% of the time.

Should we add them to the achievemnt skin’s tab? I think ther eis the potential to ahve that working as a good way t have skins for stuff!

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

(edited by Fortus.6175)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

So you feel like a hobo because you chose to focus all your time playing 1 character? Instead of say, Idk, spending some time playing other characters?

in Suggestions

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I’m pretty sure you can transmute your gear to a white gear piece to remove the soulbounding, transmute that to some level 80 stats and then equip it to another character.

Legendaries should be account-bound though.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Suggestions

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

I personally enjoy/ed playing all 8 of my toons, yeah there are some I play more than others (2 mains, PvE&WvW) but I played those so I could get used to the mechanics of all 8 classes, which is very helpful in sPvP.

ANet is very big on “Character based progression” – just remember that

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

Don’t listen to the fan boys and the people that have no life. I’m on your side OP. I feel that there should be no such thing as “Soulbound” or “Accountbound”. Everything should be tradable. It was like this with the weapons in GW1 actually. Weapons could change hands and be used by as many people as there possibly were in the game. The kicker though is that you had the option to “Customize” the weapon. If you customized the weapon the weapon had a 15% increase in damage but could only be used by that character and became non-tradable. They should have done the same in GW2.

in Suggestions

Feed Me Change.6528

Don’t listen to the fan boys and the people that have no life. I’m on your side OP. I feel that there should be no such thing as “Soulbound” or “Accountbound”. Everything should be tradable. It was like this with the weapons in GW1 actually. Weapons could change hands and be used by as many people as there possibly were in the game. The kicker though is that you had the option to “Customize” the weapon. If you customized the weapon the weapon had a 15% increase in damage but could only be used by that character and became non-tradable. They should have done the same in GW2.

So people who play all aspects of a game are instantly “fanbios” and “no lives”… Haha.

SB and Act Bnd is needed or else the prices on items would continue to drop because of over-supply.

in Suggestions

Theplayboy.6417

So people who play all aspects of a game are instantly “fanbios” and “no lives”… Haha.

SB and Act Bnd is needed or else the prices on items would continue to drop because of over-supply.

No just people who are pro Soulbound and Account Bound have no lives and are fan boys. Or maybe a Fan Girl in your case based off of your user name? I play all aspects of the game too.

Tell me exactly why price dropping on items is a bad thing? I’d love to hear your reasoning.

in Suggestions

Feed Me Change.6528

So people who play all aspects of a game are instantly “fanbois” and “no lives”… Haha.

No just people who are pro Soulbound and Account Bound have no lives and are fan boys. Or maybe a Fan Girl in your case based off of your user name? I play all aspects of the game too.

Tell me exactly why price dropping on items is a bad thing? I’d love to hear your reasoning.

I think your explanation of being “Pro-SB/Act Bnd = fanboi” should be the first thing heard, considering they have nothing to do with one another.

in Suggestions

Theplayboy.6417

So people who play all aspects of a game are instantly “fanbois” and “no lives”… Haha.

I think your explanation of being “Pro-SB/Act Bnd = fanboi” should be the first thing heard, considering they have nothing to do with one another.

Already giving up on that argument are you? Since when did ANet become heavy into “Character Progression”? Did you experience heavy Character Progression in GW1? How much does playing all 8 of your classes really help in you sPvP and do you play on another account? I can’t find you on the tPvP Leaderboards anywhere. I didn’t look at the Solo Queue boards though….

in Suggestions

Feed Me Change.6528

Already giving up on that argument are you? Since when did ANet become heavy into “Character Progression”? Did you experience heavy Character Progression in GW1? How much does playing all 8 of your classes really help in you sPvP and do you play on another account? I can’t find you on the tPvP Leaderboards anywhere. I didn’t look at the Solo Queue boards though….

Funny that you are just out to pick a fight…

ANet’s stance from Day 1 is that each character is their own progression. That’s why there is No Acct WvW ranks, No Acct Dyes, No Race changes, no profession changes. They’ve said this multiple times on these forums.

Playing all of my characters helps me in WvW. I don’t play sPvP/tPvP much, only rank 20 (mostly for Ach points). Knowing what builds people run on a meta-scale and how each class works, looks like, animations for skills help very much in small and large scale fighting in GW2.

So please, continue to try and fight a moot point with very little facts.

EDIT: Still not sure why supporting AcctBnd makes me a fanboi… Do I at least get a sticker? or maybe a Quaggan button??