I feel like quitting the game due to Ascended Gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: khadorian.6417

khadorian.6417

i quit the game mostly because of class imbalance. or rather roll thief or quit mentality the developers have placed before me while at the same time removing the fun from both mesmer and guardian.

To me the game is Wvw, if its not good, then im out.

Alt+F4 and other issues doesnt help.

I check these boards, because i want to see if there is a patch that fix stuff.

<a href="http://tinyurl.com/bmj3ann">My WvW Necro power build</a>

(edited by khadorian.6417)

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

I’ve only played maybe 2hrs in the last 2 weeks. At this point I think I’m just going to log on for holiday events.

I’m tempted to log in during Wintersday, but I’ve decided to boycott the game instead.

Also, I’d like to add that I really enjoyed playing Guild Wars 2. It’s a good MMO. The new gear tier destroyed it for me. I feel cheated.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Pray For Kosmos.5849)

Posted by: thinktankak.5830

thinktankak.5830

Stopped playing last week, Just logged in to check if the game was updated. Checked mail, got my karka chest in the mail, saw fractals still active, logged out. Seeyou all in a month when i check if vertical progression is gone. ta ta Back to dwarf fortress lol

Posted by: MaideN.3284

MaideN.3284

It is obvious what this topic is about from the title, if you are too delicate to cope with differing opinions, then don’t read it.

i could say the same to you

my opinion is that there are too many whiners with nothing better to do than talk about how disappointed they are just because a new tier was introduced and how unfair that is. go out there and get it, or don’t if you don’t want to.

Stopped playing last week, Just logged in to check if the game was updated. Checked mail, got my karka chest in the mail, saw fractals still active, logged out. Seeyou all in a month when i check if vertical progression is gone. ta ta Back to dwarf fortress lol

yes, let’s all quit the game we don’t like over ONE single thing and report on forums every month and open a new thread every time to tell the good people that we still don’t like it.

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

It is obvious what this topic is about from the title, if you are too delicate to cope with differing opinions, then don’t read it.

i could say the same to you

You could, but it wouldn’t make much sense since I’m not the one complaining about people making posts in a public forum…

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I’m playing less, but not because of gear or anything like that.

Last night we got on Planetside 2 and had a blast. I don’t like my guild there as much as my GW2/Rift guild, but the game is really good. Blowing things up, advancing my character, huge battles. I wish I liked shooters more, but for big open-world 3-faction combat, it’s unmatched.

After that, came over to pvp the daily and wvw with my guild here. I can empirically demonstrate I’m better at GW2. But wvw, on the same computer with much smaller scale battles, it just doesn’t play as well. We portalled in and took a keep, I’m AoEing invisible opponents who can’t see me either.

I wish there were something like PS2 that’s set in more of a GW type setting. Hopefully someday.

Posted by: alcedonia.7831

alcedonia.7831

just wanted to ask.

in wvwvw, how do you tell if your opposing team is rolling with groups of players with full ascended gear? it’s not something you can tell by simply looking at a character.

tbh, it just sounds like a convenient excuse cos someone got roflstomped and had to blame something other than him/herself.

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

just wanted to ask.

in wvwvw, how do you tell if your opposing team is rolling with groups of players with full ascended gear? it’s not something you can tell by simply looking at a character.

tbh, it just sounds like a convenient excuse cos someone got roflstomped and had to blame something other than him/herself.

this is what I was thinking to on the ww3 thing. Must be the massive arrow above their heads and neon flashing lights saying “HAS ACENDED GEAR”

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

mulch.2586

just wanted to ask.

My experience in wvw, gear really doesn’t matter hardly at all. I’ve played fully top-geared 80. I’ve gone with low level, blue-greens. It’s about numbers, it’s about tactics, it’s about siege and upgrades. My staff is some lvl 65 green, but I get more kills with it than my exotics because of range.

I’m sure in some situations it can matter. But in gw2, gear just doesn’t matter anything like it does in other games. Full exotic set is less than a quarter of your stats, anyway.

But the genre, from way back in paper-pencil days, revolves around advancing your character and getting phat lewts. So that idea remains prevalent in GW2 players, regardless of the math behind the system.

And hey, who don’t luv a shiny new bauble? (even if it’s virtual)

Sylosi.6503

How is it relevant?

TBH, it sounds like logic isn’t your strong suit.

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

I would say knowledge of whether someone is wearing ascended is relevant because if you cant even tell that the character has it on then how can you assess whether the reason you feel the other player had an advantage is due to gear or your own lack of skill compared to theirs?

You simply assume the former and deny the latter until prove otherwise? How…interesting. Id just like a basic idea of the facts that you follow in order to reach the undeniable conclusion that someone beat you only because they had on 3 pieces of ascended gear.

mulch.2586

I would say knowledge of whether someone is wearing ascended is relevant because if you cant even tell that the character has it on then how can you assess whether the reason you feel the other player had an advantage is due to gear or your own lack of skill compared to theirs?

You simply assume the former and deny the latter until prove otherwise? How…interesting. Id just like a basic idea of the facts that you follow in order to reach the undeniable conclusion that someone beat you only because they had on 3 pieces of ascended gear.

The other side of that come fm spvp where we all have the exact same gear options. Yet you see experienced players totally curb-stomping scrubs. With the same gear, fights aren’t even close.

Little of GW2 is about gear. That’s how they built it, how they marketted it, and with the basic equations, how it has to be no matter what ascended gear comes.

Sylosi.6503

It is irrelevant, because you don’t need to fight anyone, statisically ascended gear is an advantage, it is a fact and yes, as pointed out many times, currently it is only a tiny advantage that will probably not make any difference 99.5% of the time, but as they roll it out to other slots and add tiers of infusions, then yes it will make a difference.

Some of us bought the game on what they actually said pre-release, a gear treadmill was not part of that, this game was sold on being different, LOL.

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

Sylosi.6503

Yet you see experienced players totally curb-stomping scrubs.

Which is irrelevant, you now what is relevant, the fact that they designed sPvP so everyone has equal gear, even Anet know gear differences = crappy PvP.

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

alcedonia.7831

How is it relevant?

TBH, it sounds like logic isn’t your strong suit.

why so prickly? did i hit a nerve? i wasn’t actually referring to you, but it looks like i accidentally hit your tender spot. yikes.

right now, we have ascended gear that for all practical purposes, is purely for cyber member posing. because it has minimal stat increases and take a long time to farm.

yes, full sets of ascended gear will be coming out in the future. so will infusions. how much more stats will the ascended gear have over exotics? and at what price? how much more stats will infusions give over exotics? and at what price?

if going by the example of current ascended gear, the increase in stats will be negligible. and at a really high cost, which will probably exponentially increase the more infusions you use.

i say probably, because i don’t know. and neither do you. so i reserve my judgement on ascended gear as a whole until it comes out.

i don’t understand how you can talk about logic not being my strong suit when you’re making such big leaps of assumption based on nothing but guesswork. your behavior in itself is illogical.

it’s like saying i saw my neighbor’s 5 year old son kill an ant today. which means he is capable of killing things. which means he is capable of murder. therefore the state should just lock him up or put him to death now because he will grow up to be a murderer.

well, now that i think about it, it sure looks like you already have an excuse ready the next time you lose in wvwvw.

‘you lot must be a fat no life nerds drinking mountain dew and eating cheetos living in your mom’s basements cos you can only win me using your fully infused ascended gear that must have taken you 738123792184712 hours to get’.

pretty strange that you’re already coming up with excuses for losing fights in the future that you haven’t even participated in, let alone lost.

it stinks of abject insecurity, if you ask me.

(edited by alcedonia.7831)

Sylosi.6503

why so prickly? did i hit a nerve? i wasn’t actually referring to you, but it looks like i accidentally hit your tender spot. yikes.

I didn’t think you were referring to me, given had you read this thread you would know I’ve played a grand total of about 30 mins since Nov 15th, so I haven’t even fought anyone in WvW since ascended gear was introduced.

As for the feeble to attempt to play the innocent with “why so prickly”, you wrote a comment that amounted to “people are moaning cos they is bad”, if you act like a twelve year old trolling, you will find you get appropriate responses.

if going by the example of current ascended gear, the increase in stats will be negligible.

i don’t understand how you can talk about logic not being my strong suit when you’re making such big leaps of assumption based on nothing but guesswork. your behavior in itself is illogical.

They’ve stated they are going to roll them out to the other slots and add tiers for infusions, it is not guesswork, the stats will not negligible then.

pretty strange that you’re already coming up with excuses for losing fights in the future that you haven’t even participated in, let alone lost.

No one other than in your bizzarre fanatasy world has come up with excuses for losing.

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

Currently, ascended gear isnt included in SPvP sooo no advantage there. If it was, everyone would be bumped up as normal.

Ascended may give some advantage in WvW but its literally no different than a situation in which little John decided to go in with full rares and came up against big jimmy in full exotics. The advantage or disadvantage in WvW is the same as it was pre-ascended and really, how often are you 1v1ing in WvW anyway? Cmon. Lol

As far as Fractal grinds go and players becoming segregated and/or bored, it is the choice of that player to continue running fractals before the levels become tiered and before ascended gear is rolled out in other aspects of the game and at that point the acquisition of that armor won’t be much different than it was acquiring exotic. So the choice is the players: wait and go about things as normal until things are better structured or grind now in some self-induced panic as a result of feeling “left out.”

All theories and predictions aside about vertical progression (none of which I doubt the majority of the community cares about at the end of the day anyway, despite what is said on this QQ threads) the ONLY gripe I feel we should have against ascended is the infusions and their implied necessity against presumed future boss condition mechanics.

THAT is what would remove skill from the game, not the gear itself.

HOWEVER….

As we do not yet know what kinds of mechanics future dungeons will introduce, its entirely possible that a well organized group of players with varying combinations of slotted infusions can tackle new content instead of each player feeling the need to slot the same infusion for any given encounter.

These are the things that are on the table right NOW. And honestly with that in mind, if youre still enjoying the game than do just that.

Quit worrying about the future. Quit trying to spell out doom and gloom because we just dont know.

Remember how everyone flipped out about the gem store?

Aside from grievances about prices and RNG, the gem store isnt really the issue everyone thought it was going to be now is it?

Same with ascended gear.

Based on what we know its just not that big a deal.

So stop freaking yourselves out trying to predict the future.

Just play the kitten game. Lol

Ditton.3149

It is irrelevant, because you don’t need to fight anyone, statisically ascended gear is an advantage, it is a fact and yes, as pointed out many times, currently it is only a tiny advantage that will probably not make any difference 99.5% of the time, but as they roll it out to other slots and add tiers of infusions, then yes it will make a difference.

Some of us bought the game on what they actually said pre-release, a gear treadmill was not part of that, this game was sold on being different, LOL.

That would be true except for you picked an article to defend where the poster said explicitly that there were roving patches of people with ascended apparently owning everyone else….so yes, being able to tell if they were in ascended is relevant. Now as to whether its an advantage or not, the only thing I will state is that you can achieve slightly higher stats with it and not necessarily the stats you want.

Oreoz.2573

That would be true except for you picked an article to defend where the poster said explicitly that there were roving patches of people with ascended apparently owning everyone else….so yes, being able to tell if they were in ascended is relevant. Now as to whether its an advantage or not, the only thing I will state is that you can achieve slightly higher stats with it and not necessarily the stats you want.

And what about full rares vs full exotics? I didnt see nearly as many of those arguments as i do now that big bad ascended has come into the fray.

WvW is no different now than it was without ascended gear so no, knowing AND not knowing who’s wearing what are BOTH irrelevant.

Not trying to be rude but people need to understand this fact. Lol

Sylosi.6503

That would be true except for you picked an article to defend where the poster said explicitly that there were roving patches of people with ascended apparently owning everyone else….so yes, being able to tell if they were in ascended is relevant.

Erm, no I didn’t, I responded to a troll who plucked it out of thin air that the reason people were complaining was becasue they had lost to people wearing ascended gear and were looking for excuses.

Despite the fact half the people who have responded have barely played since the patch and people have pointed out numerous times, that currently with just three bits & tier 1 infusions, the advantage is tiny and unlikely to change the outcome of an encounter.

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

Ditton.3149

That would be true except for you picked an article to defend where the poster said explicitly that there were roving patches of people with ascended apparently owning everyone else….so yes, being able to tell if they were in ascended is relevant.

Erm, no I didn’t, I responded to a troll who plucked it out of thin air that the reason people were complaining was becasue they had lost to people wearing ascended gear and were looking for excuses.

Despite the fact half the people who have responded have barely played since the patch and people have pointed out numerous times, that currently with just three bits & tier 1 infusions, the advantage is tiny and unlikely to change the outcome of an encounter.

No, the “troll” didnt quote but he was following a line of posts where people were saying that there were already patches of ascended making a difference in WvW and the “troll” was asking how they knew it was ascended. I agree though, its unlikely to change any encounter in its present form.

Posted by: woeye.2753

woeye.2753

I’m playing less, but not because of gear or anything like that.

Last night we got on Planetside 2 and had a blast. I don’t like my guild there as much as my GW2/Rift guild, but the game is really good. Blowing things up, advancing my character, huge battles. I wish I liked shooters more, but for big open-world 3-faction combat, it’s unmatched.

I wish there were something like PS2 that’s set in more of a GW type setting. Hopefully someday.

Pretty much the same for me. This Ascended Gear just reminds me way too much of WoW. What I really like about PS2’s progression is that it focuses on your characters specialization, much like EvE. I like this kind of progression so much more than artificial level barriers. But yeah, I admit, for me it’s more about technique and skill, and not so much about collecting stuff. Maybe traditional MMORPGs aren’t my kind of thing.

Then again I really enjoyed GW1 a lot …

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

just wanted to ask.

It’s pretty obvious.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Oreoz.2573

just wanted to ask.

It’s pretty obvious.

No.

Its the same as full rares going up against full exotics. Ascended is the new “exotic” and exotic is the new “rare.”

Wvw isnt going to be any different.

Not sure why noone understands this.

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

for me, the philosophy of ascended was enough for me to stop playing. i keep revisiting the forums, hoping something will be announced to negate this ridiculous wow-style addition.

i recognise the stats may not be as world-shattering as many of wow’s tier upgrades and may not necessarily give roflstomp powers in wvwvw. but even if they don’t, even if i’m being melodramatic, it’s shown a change in actual philosophy of the game. and it’s that philosophy which made gw2 so attractive given the saturation of wow-clones.

everyone wants to feel progression. but progression doesn’t necessarily have to translate into achieving roflstomp godmode over other players. that godmode should be inherent in the player’s own skill. the point where you, as a player, don’t need to try hard to kill something, is honestly where the game ends. if you can walk up to a player who hasn’t done your dungeon and kill that player simply because your gear was better, then you’ve finished playing the game.

for me, the concept of horizontal progression was awesome. it refocussed your attention to the actual game and to a more social feeling in the game, rather than on the loot. or on the selfish need to get that single piece of gear now. it’s upping the pace of the dungeons and making gear a priority again.

this is such a shattering moment given the PR leading up to release. sure, you can say we didn’t look at the fine print. but given the emphasis on gw2’s philosophy being so radically different was the actual selling point, it’s a betrayal of that philosophy no matter how you choose to look at it.

for me, it’s been like dating someone you’ve been looking at for your whole life and on the second date she turns around and says she’s going to start seeing your best friend instead. but, you know, we can still all be great friends, right?

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

just wanted to ask.

My experience in wvw, gear really doesn’t matter hardly at all. I’ve played fully top-geared 80. I’ve gone with low level, blue-greens. It’s about numbers, it’s about tactics, it’s about siege and upgrades. My staff is some lvl 65 green, but I get more kills with it than my exotics because of range.

I’m sure in some situations it can matter. But in gw2, gear just doesn’t matter anything like it does in other games. Full exotic set is less than a quarter of your stats, anyway.

But the genre, from way back in paper-pencil days, revolves around advancing your character and getting phat lewts. So that idea remains prevalent in GW2 players, regardless of the math behind the system.

I’m sorry, I find it hard to believe you’ve done low levels and undergeared play in WvW and think it doesn’t matter. A low level gets absolutely crushed. You simply won’t win a 1v1 or do near the damage of a lvl 80 in exotics. Individually it might not feel like your gear makes a difference but it does, basically you are forcing your server to pick up your slack. If there was a server of lvl 80’s in exotics vs a server of low levels or in non exotics, the low levels/non-exotics would get absolutely CRUSHED.As for your staff you get more kills because it’s ranged but what if you had an 80 exotic staff, YOU WOULD GET MORE KILLS!

Just because you cannot see the difference does not mean that is isn’t there.

Posted by: Quench.7091

Quench.7091

I haven’t logged into the game for over 2 weeks now. Last time I logged in was around the 19th of November. However, I’m still keeping an eye on the game. I’m observing the game from behind ballistic glass (forums) so it doesn’t blow up in my face. I won’t be hurt if it takes another turn for what I see as the worst.

Oreoz.2573

just wanted to ask.

I’m sorry, I find it hard to believe you’ve done low levels and undergeared play in WvW and think it doesn’t matter. A low level gets absolutely crushed. You simply won’t win a 1v1 or do near the damage of a lvl 80 in exotics. Individually it might not feel like your gear makes a difference but it does, basically you are forcing your server to pick up your slack. If there was a server of lvl 80’s in exotics vs a server of low levels or in non exotics, the low levels/non-exotics would get absolutely CRUSHED.As for your staff you get more kills because it’s ranged but what if you had an 80 exotic staff, YOU WOULD GET MORE KILLS!

Just because you cannot see the difference does not mean that is isn’t there.

Beyond every server having an equal chance at success, player to player balance was never the point. This was told to us pre-release. This is nothing new.

And two things:

1. How often are you in a 1v1 situation in WvW, really? Cmon now.

2. If youre in full exotics/ascended, lone wolfing it or actively engaging or trying to 1v1 people and get as many kills as possible, then a player in full masterwork trying to take towers and keeps with his guild or a zerg is more useful to the server than you.

Also, a full server in exotics and a full server in low level gear?

Now youre just being unrealistic to make a useless argument.

(edited by Oreoz.2573)

Columba.9730

just wanted to ask.

It’s pretty obvious.

No.

Its the same as full rares going up against full exotics. Ascended is the new “exotic” and exotic is the new “rare.”

except that exotics take about 1% longer to get than rares. ascended take about 20x longer to get than exotics. big difference.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

Oreoz.2573

just wanted to ask.

It’s pretty obvious.

No.

except that exotics take about 1% longer to get than rares. ascended take about 20x longer to get than exotics. big difference.

No. Again.

Ascended gear is going to be rolled out into other aspects of the game. Im assuming you, me, and everyone has no real idea how long it will take to get the gear when that happens. So the difference can’t really be known now can it?

Currently, getting that one ring is pure RNG so just as well everyone has an equal chance of getting that piece. The back pieces are somewhat difficult to make, ill give you that, but again everyone has the tools in front of them to do what’s necessary to acquire it. Its just a matter of how much time a player has or wants to spend doing so.

Just like when making the jump from rare to exotic, albeit taking a little less time.

If you’re taking forever that’s YOUR experience.

And again, once the gear is distributed as a reward across the game, WvW will be no different. As i said above, player to player balance was never the point of that mode and if youre only concerned with 1v1 scenarios then youre no good to your server and should instead play SPvP where 1v1 happens alot and everyone actually IS on an even playing field gear-wise.

So no, length of time does not matter.

Posted by: roguenub.1409

roguenub.1409

I don’t get how anyone can compare WoW grind to any sort of ‘grind’ in this game. Yeah it took me five times doing lvl 10 fractals to get my 2 ascended rings, but it didn’t feel like it was a grind, I actually enjoyed it. Yeah you see the same maps here and there but it sort of alternates. But it never once reminded me of the games I had to kill 5000 of the same monsters to get a weapon drop, then grind another monster 50000 times to get that weapon to +10 to even COMPETE with people in pvp.

I admit they released this new tier rather poorly, and didn’t implement a better means to get ascended gear. Lots of people simply hate that they have to do only this dungeon to get on par with the top players. Perhaps if they implemented far more ways to get the gear, and all the gear actually being available… maybe there would be less of a problem here.

I’ll just be waiting for the day when every piece of ascended gets released, and everyone runs into that wall and it will be back to it was on day one. I just hope they do it right from now on.

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

I don’t get how anyone can compare WoW grind to any sort of ‘grind’ in this game. Yeah it took me five times doing lvl 10 fractals to get my 2 ascended rings, but it didn’t feel like it was a grind, I actually enjoyed it. Yeah you see the same maps here and there but it sort of alternates. But it never once reminded me of the games I had to kill 5000 of the same monsters to get a weapon drop, then grind another monster 50000 times to get that weapon to +10 to even COMPETE with people in pvp.

I admit they released this new tier rather poorly, and didn’t implement a better means to get ascended gear. Lots of people simply hate that they have to do only this dungeon to get on par with the top players. Perhaps if they implemented far more ways to get the gear, and all the gear actually being available… maybe there would be less of a problem here.

I’ll just be waiting for the day when every piece of ascended gets released, and everyone runs into that wall and it will be back to it was on day one. I just hope they do it right from now on.

For real.

I’ve played games where the best gear had a 1/10000 drop rate. And sometimes you need 4 of them.

People who complain about grind in GW2 seriously make me laugh. GW2 is the least grindy MMO to ever exist from my experience. It just seems so sheltered and soft to complain about it here.

Posted by: Baron of Winters.5697

Baron of Winters.5697

I haven’t logged into the game for over 2 weeks now. Last time I logged in was around the 19th of November. However, I’m still keeping an eye on the game. I’m observing the game from behind ballistic glass (forums) so it doesn’t blow up in my face. I won’t be hurt if it takes another turn for what I see as the worst.

Me too. Before the 15th of Nov, I was on three times a week at least, but hardly ever visited the forums. Now it’s the opposite, I’m on the forums a lot looking for a hint of acknowledgement of the issue from Anet.

It’s too late to undo their blunder and remove ascended kit, but hopefully they make ascended the new AND FINAL stat cap, and NEVER release higher tiers of infusions.

Saying that ascended is the final tier on one hand but having stat inflation through future releases of higher power infusions is fundamentally dishonest.

(edited by Baron of Winters.5697)

Columba.9730

just wanted to ask.

It’s pretty obvious.

No.

No. Again.

Ascended gear is going to be rolled out into other aspects of the game. Im assuming you, me, and everyone has no real idea how long it will take to get the gear when that happens. So the difference can’t really be known now can it?

Currently, getting that one ring is pure RNG so just as well everyone has an equal chance of getting that piece. The back pieces are somewhat difficult to make, ill give you that, but again everyone has the tools in front of them to do what’s necessary to acquire it. Its just a matter of how much time a player has or wants to spend doing so.

Just like when making the jump from rare to exotic, albeit taking a little less time.

And again, once the gear is distributed as a reward across the game, WvW will be no different. As i said above, player to player balance was never the point of that mode and if youre only concerned with 1v1 scenarios then youre no good to your server and should instead play SPvP where 1v1 happens alot and everyone actually IS on an even playing field gear-wise.

Umm, since getting non ascendant gear takes the shortest time in dungeons, then it’s logical that the ascendant gear from other venues will take at least as long as the fractal grind. 20-50% higher stats also make this tier a much bigger jump than the rare to exotic one.

There’s hardly any difference in the time to get a rare vs exotic, plus I can buy both. I cannot buy ascended. So again, the comparison is laughable.

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

Saying that ascended is the final tier on one hand but having stat inflation through future releases of higher power infusions is fundamentally dishonest.

they never said ascended was the final tier, they said it was the final rarity, they even said there will be tiers within raritys in the future so you’ll get double ascended gear, still pink but with twice the stats…

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

i have an ascended backpack but i dont feel like iam one shooting people or npcs may be i need the ring for the extra 100% damage and 500% armor plus the 1000% more hp and dont forget the perma crit hit bonus.

I took an arrow to the knee

Oreoz.2573

you have way too much time on your hands.

At any rate the inevitable is going to happen. Arenanet is going to do what they want, their game will be successful, the people who like it will continue to play, the people who don’t won’t and the people who panicked will see that it’s really nbd and continue playing.

Just like any MMO ever in the history of ever.

(edited by Moderator)

Oreoz.2573

just wanted to ask.

It’s pretty obvious.

No.

No. Again.

Umm, since getting non ascendant gear takes the shortest time in dungeons, then it’s logical that the ascendant gear from other venues will take at least as long as the fractal grind. 20-50% higher stats also make this tier a much bigger jump than the rare to exotic one.

There’s hardly any difference in the time to get a rare vs exotic, plus I can buy both. I cannot buy ascended. So again, the comparison is laughable.

You’re right the comparison is laughable.

Because it doesn’t matter.

Maybe i should’ve specified precisely where I was going with all this but my main point is that WvW is not meant to be balanced player to player. It never was supposed to be.

We knew this prior to launch and the introduction of this new gear REGARDLESS of the jump from exotic and REGARDLESS of the time it takes players to acquire it, isn’t going to make a lick of difference in WvW.

That’s why I don’t understand why people are so worried about it. Obviously it won’t matter in SPvP either because it won’t be included or because if it is, everyone will just be bumped up on an even spread as normal.

I also don’t understand why you brought up the length of time it takes to get ascended gear as a counterargument to the fact that it doesn’t matter in WvW.

Gear never mattered in WvW. Ever. It was never meant to be balanced and it wasn’t before ascended was added.

Just the strength of your team/zerg and how well your server coordinates is what matters in WvW. Gear’s never been balanced in that mode. So why go crazy when ascended is added into the mix?

Again, if you’re concentrating on 1v1 scenarios, go play SPvP because why in the heck are you in WvW trying to kill individual players and not trying to team up and take keeps and castles?

And also don’t assume that because you can go from rare to exotic lickity split, everyone else can.

But again, that doesn’t matter in WvW.

(edited by Oreoz.2573)

alcedonia.7831

I didn’t think you were referring to me, given had you read this thread you would know I’ve played a grand total of about 30 mins since Nov 15th, so I haven’t even fought anyone in WvW since ascended gear was introduced.

As for the feeble to attempt to play the innocent with “why so prickly”, you wrote a comment that amounted to “people are moaning cos they is bad”, if you act like a twelve year old trolling, you will find you get appropriate responses.

how am i acting like a 12 y/o trolling? there is no way to tell what gear the other guy is wearing in wvwvw. and in wvwvw, numbers are the main reason why a team wins or loses a fight. not because someone in the team has +x number of stats.

which is why it sounds like QQ to me. it’s not like there is currently a visible increase is effectiveness of a player due to him rolling with ascended gear instead of exo. the increase in stats is so low that it doesn’t allow you take more hits, or deal more damage. against the same target, you still die in y number of hits, and kill him in z number of hits.

declaring that your opponent won because he had a gear advantage over you caused by ascended gear is clearly an excuse for losing.

They’ve stated they are going to roll them out to the other slots and add tiers for infusions, it is not guesswork, the stats will not negligible then.

it’s not guesswork? tell me the official stats on the ascended gear and weapons that are not even out yet, then.

Posted by: Morpeth.5318

Morpeth.5318

I’ve played mmos since the original Everquest in 1999. Every one I’ve ever played has melodramatic forums, people threatening to quit (it’s almost always an empty threat) over this or that. Honestly it comes down to this;

Are you having fun?
1) If yes, then keep playing
2) If no, then quit or take a break.

There’s really no need for rambling emo posts about the world coming to an end over x or y, or dissertations about the game. There’s lots of games to play, if you aren’t having fun, play something else.

Personally, still having a great time with no plan on quitting anytime soon.

Posted by: Vermillion Hawk.9037

Vermillion Hawk.9037

In the end it’s just people who evidently invest too much of their life into a game with too high of an expectation as to how it will somehow elevate them beyond the mundanity of their existence. Despite protests to the contrary, this is all I have seen.

Grand Master of The Knights Hospitaller [STJ]
Isle of Janthir – Sylvari Mesmer – Alexandre Le Grande

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

Can you name ANY mmo that has less of a “Grind” then this game?
Can you name Any mmo that has an easier Gear Treadmill?

Guild Wars 1.

Columba.9730

just wanted to ask.

It’s pretty obvious.

No.

No. Again.

Maybe i should’ve specified precisely where I was going with all this but my main point is that WvW is not meant to be balanced player to player. It never was supposed to be.

We knew this prior to launch and the introduction of this new gear REGARDLESS of the jump from exotic and REGARDLESS of the time it takes players to acquire it, isn’t going to make a lick of difference in WvW.

That’s why I don’t understand why people are so worried about it. Obviously it won’t matter in SPvP either because it won’t be included or because if it is, everyone will just be bumped up on an even spread as normal.

I also don’t understand why you brought up the length of time it takes to get ascended gear as a counterargument to the fact that it doesn’t matter in WvW.

Gear never mattered in WvW. Ever. It was never meant to be balanced and it wasn’t before ascended was added.

Just the strength of your team/zerg and how well your server coordinates is what matters in WvW. Gear’s never been balanced in that mode. So why go crazy when ascended is added into the mix?

Again, if you’re concentrating on 1v1 scenarios, go play SPvP because why in the heck are you in WvW trying to kill individual players and not trying to team up and take keeps and castles?

And also don’t assume that because you can go from rare to exotic lickity split, everyone else can.

Perhaps it doesn’t matter the way you play wvwvw. It matters for others.

Oreoz.2573

just wanted to ask.

It’s pretty obvious.

No.

No. Again.

Perhaps it doesn’t matter the way you play wvwvw. It matters for others.

And to them I say go play SPvP if they want to lone wolf it. They’re not doing their server any good.

Aside from constant class tuning and balancing, SPvP is by and large more fair than ANY encounter that can be had between two people in WvW.

I’m pretty sure balance is what people in this QQ thread want, so instead of trying to find it in a mode that’s not really supposed to have it, why aren’t they in SPvP racking up the kills they so desperately desire?

Probably because it makes too much sense.

Oreoz.2573

Can you name ANY mmo that has less of a “Grind” then this game?
Can you name Any mmo that has an easier Gear Treadmill?

Guild Wars 1.

Guild Wars 1 was never officially called an MMO by Arenanet. The fans called it that. Technically it was a Massively Multiplayer Instanced RPG.

I hate to harp on the small things but GW1 and GW2 are two very different games.

Similar in many ways yes, but times have changed since 2005. The same rules no longer apply.

Posted by: Oobob.6754

Oobob.6754

You’re not max stats. There are statted infusions that take 100 t6 mats and 250 karka shells. You’ll need 3 atm (healing power costs about 30g to make). The backpiece will take 250 t6 mats or 1850 fotm tokens. Also, to upgrade the backpiece, you’ll need 250 ectos.

I have played the game 670 hours and I have about 20 of all t6 mats except for 40/60 bloods and bones I got from mystic clovers. This is an epic grind that far surpasses anything I experienced in SWTOR and isn’t that far off from WoW. This is worse than the rep farming I did back when I played BC.

(edited by Oobob.6754)

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

You’re not max stats. There are statted infusions that take 100 t6 mats and 250 karka shells. You’ll need 3 atm (healing power costs about 30g to make). The backpiece will take 250 t6 mats or 1850 fotm tokens. Also, to upgrade the backpiece, you’ll need 250 ectos.

I have played the game 670 hours and I have about 20 of all t6 mats except for 40/60 bloods and bones I got from mystic clovers. This is an epic grind that far surpasses anything I experienced in SWTOR and isn’t that far off from WoW. This is worse than the rep farming I did back when I played BC.

So wait what else would you do in this game if there was no grind? And there are other ways to get the items you want then just what your saying if you want the best or best looking then you may have to WORK for it or it will not feel like you did something with your gaming time.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Oobob.6754

So wait what else would you do in this game if there was no grind? And there are other ways to get the items you want then just what your saying if you want the best or best looking then you may have to WORK for it or it will not feel like you did something with your gaming time.

I’m not sure you know how the game works, because there is no other way of obtaining those items besides what I mentioned above.

When I had max stats with exotics I would run dungeons for fun. I farmed a full COF set at 20 tokens each and ac as well. Dungeons were enjoyable, I ran a lot of different ones, and I was looking forward to the tweaks to make them better. I was leveling alts and looking to do more spvp/wvwvw until they added this gear. Now I’m burned out on FOTM, trying to find groups fragmented across 30+ levels, and I have the 3 ascended pieces of gear. It’s also harder to find groups for other dungeons because FOTM has become the thing to run.

What’s wrong with you thinking you need grind to have fun? I didn’t grind quake 3 and loved playing it. It felt like I did something I enjoyed, not participating in a horrible grind. The grind is so bad I feel like I’m progressing less than I was towards my legendary because the goal is so ridiculously overtuned compared to the drop rate of the mats.

I do lots with my gaming time – grinding cheapens it. I don’t play games to work, and if it ever comes to that I’m giving up the hobby and focusing more on my actual work. GW2 is coming very close to that point – that’s sad considering how much I sold this game as a grind-free alternative to most MMOs.

(edited by Oobob.6754)

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I’m not sure you know how the game works, because there is no other way of obtaining those items besides what I mentioned above.

When I had max stats with exotics I would run dungeons for fun. I farmed a full COF set at 20 tokens each and ac as well. Dungeons were enjoyable, I ran a lot of different ones, and I was looking forward to the tweaks to make them better. I was leveling alts and looking to do more spvp/wvwvw until they added this gear. Now I’m burned out on FOTM, trying to find groups fragmented across 30+ levels, and I have the 3 ascended pieces of gear. It’s also harder to find groups for other dungeons because FOTM has become the thing to run.

What’s wrong with you thinking you need grind to have fun? I didn’t grind quake 3 and loved playing it. It felt like I did something I enjoyed, not participating in a horrible grind. The grind is so bad I feel like I’m progressing less than I was towards my legendary because the goal is so ridiculously overtuned compared to the drop rate of the mats.

I do lots with my gaming time – grinding cheapens it. I don’t play games to work, and if it ever comes to that I’m giving up the hobby and focusing more on my actual work. GW2 is coming very close to that point – that’s sad considering how much I sold this game as a grind-free alternative to most MMOs.

Sry mixed up what you where going on about its only for +5 more of somthing it hardly seems worth it.

Most of what you find fun ppl would call grinding of a type even wvw has a type of grind to it.

The thing about fps like quake 3 there is a skill grind to it. Most ppl do not pick up fps and get good at them right then and even though a great deal of time players do not get good until they go all into these fps.

You do not seem to understand what makes games fun its about working to something for a feeling of achievement it IS a type of work or job that you put on your self that why hobbles are too. Look at it this way if some one makes are car at home that is work yes but its also a hobble when that person makes a car as a places of work it becomes more of a job. The major thing to be made is when most ppl look for a job they tend to want to do a job that they like so in a way the job become less of work and more of a hobble.

A very important point is the fact that there going to be more added to the game for upgrades so every thing your doing now is just a simple time filler to give them time to add in more things to the game with out it being pushed over the top. Sory to be the one to tell you but most mmorpg need time to become something very unending fun even GW2 has ALOT of things to do in the game some may say too much and there more to come but its a TIME thing. 3 months is nothing and there nothing to say that you cant play other mmorpg at the same time your playing GW2 THAT is the idea behind GW2 its something you can pick up and put down when you want to this is where mmo are all going.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Oobob.6754

The thing about fps like quake 3 there is a skill grind to it. Most ppl do not pick up fps and get good at them right then and even though a great deal of time players do not get good until they go all into these fps.

You do not seem to understand what makes games fun its about working to something for a feeling of achievement it IS a type of work or job that you put on your self that why hobbles are too.

Skill grind, lmao. A grind doesn’t mean it takes a long time, it’s that it’s an uncreative and unimaginative task that’s repeated and isn’t particularly hard. Aka killing mobs for t6. If the higher level dungeons dropped way more t6 I might agree with you. But I’m killing 40 dredge at once for 1 t6 item and it’s stupid. This is like calling reading a novel a grind. It’s not and it’s a use of the term that ignores the entire connotation of the word.

Quake 3 matches are dynamic and strategies change depending on the players and their preferences, killing mobs over and over is literally the same thing repeated for hours on end. That’s why multiplayer fps is so much more fun than single player. People allow for a more dynamic variety of events.

I don’t understand what makes games fun? You have no idea what you’re talking about because that’s a personal preference. Also, Mario is fun and there’s no grind at all. The only place people say a grind is necessary for fun is in MMOs and I don’t understand how they can do it with a straight face. Almost every other genre of game has no grind, and if they have progression mechanics they generally take a week or two to max out.

A very important point is the fact that there going to be more added to the game for upgrades so every thing your doing now is just a simple time filler to give them time to add in more things to the game with out it being pushed over the top. Sory to be the one to tell you but most mmorpg need time to become something very unending fun even GW2 has ALOT of things to do in the game some may say too much and there more to come but its a TIME thing. 3 months is nothing and there nothing to say that you cant play other mmorpg at the same time your playing GW2 THAT is the idea behind GW2 its something you can pick up and put down when you want to this is where mmo are all going.

You can’t put this down, you’ll be left behind so quick. Imagine trying to catch up on fotm….

(edited by Oobob.6754)