I finally did it....

I finally did it....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: esnori.1756

esnori.1756

I avoided the forums for the first month of a new game.

Until today, I’ve had a fantastic time and thought great things about this game has a whole.

…so I came here…and holy..good..god. I really don’t think any of you will ever be completely satisified with a game…ever.

For most of us who’ve played many MMOs through, this one is really good so far.

Apparently my class (necro) is terrible. Can’t say I’ve thought that…until pretty much like an hour ago when I read the necro forums. I’ve been able to do pretty much all the content and have had a blast.

I feel as if most of you were given a nice new Porsche after having driven a Honda Civic for the past few years, you’d complain that the pedals aren’t the same distance from your feet.

..negating the whole..you know..Porsche part.

I finally did it....

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

You’re more right than you know.

For the forums are there for a usually vocal minority, who post threads as “fact” when they mean “opinion”, and and crap-storm starts.

I read mostly for amusement, evidently.

I finally did it....

Posted by: Vaeyrune.6804

Vaeyrune.6804

I feel as if most of you were given a nice new Porsche after having driven a Honda Civic for the past few years, you’d complain that the pedals aren’t the same distance from your feet.

Ha!

I’m so good, I astound myself!

I finally did it....

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Until today, I’ve had a fantastic time and thought great things about this game has a whole.

…so I came here…and holy..good..god. I really don’t think any of you will ever be completely satisified with a game…ever.

For most of us who’ve played many MMOs through, this one is really good so far.

Apparently my class (necro) is terrible. Can’t say I’ve thought that…until pretty much like an hour ago when I read the necro forums. I’ve been able to do pretty much all the content and have had a blast.

Yeah, I made a comment earlier today that I come to the forums, end up hating the game, then I go play it and remember that I actually love it. It’s crazy in here. :-P

I finally did it....

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

Yes, we are dumb for complaining about the >100 bugs exclusive to the necromancer.

If only we stayed ignorant and not noticed any of them like you.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

I finally did it....

Posted by: tiennen.6890

tiennen.6890

you hit the nail on the head.

the attitude of the forums was actually making me doubt my enjoyment in the game. lol

I finally did it....

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

That’s how it goes nowadays.

You go in game and play….you have fun, the people around you are playing the game and having fun….then you go to the forums and the worst piece of trash game ever has been released and why couldn’t they just be like WoW?

Some people will complain simply because they can.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

I finally did it....

Posted by: Drudenfusz.2971

Drudenfusz.2971

Sure, the game is awesome. But is it perfect? No, it has still room for improvement. So, while enjoying the game it won’t hurt too much if some of us tell ArenaNet what not so good and what they could add to the game.

Gwenya Drudenfusz [Boon], Norn Mesmer on Desolation

I finally did it....

Posted by: Avatar.1923

forums are a for beta-testers and brainstormers.

thats it. and we are free!

I finally did it....

Posted by: daemonlama.5413

daemonlama.5413

Isn’t this the truth. Forums are not the place to get a true feel of the game.

Not to say there aren’t bugs/issues that need attention, but a lot of what goes on in forums, for the most part, aren’t to do with such things.

I finally did it....

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

Measuring the quality of a game by its forums is like measuring the health of a city by its hospitals.

(Not my quote. Read it in WoW somewhere. I like it though.)

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

I finally did it....

Posted by: Xericor.9103

Xericor.9103

Welcome to the madness

www.auroraglade.eu – Community Site for Aurora Glade!

I finally did it....

Posted by: Strenif.4935

Strenif.4935

I don’t thick that’s true Eveningstar. I like penny arcades take on it.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19/

The General forums are always going to be filled with crazy post filled with ego drama and stupidity. But you go to the crafting boards or the server boards where people don’t think they have the attention of developers, it’s more reasoned.

I finally did it....

Posted by: Faze.6948

Faze.6948

Sure, the game is awesome. But is it perfect? No, it has still room for improvement. So, while enjoying the game it won’t hurt too much if some of us tell ArenaNet what not so good and what they could add to the game.

Yes, and this mostly was what the forums were like during the BWEs. I’d say about 50% of posts were discussing features etc with proponents and opponents to specific ideas. 25% were complaints and 25% were chit chat and Anet rock threads.

There’s a world of difference between active discussion and the constant, endless whining.

Fortunately, it does seem the tide is slowly turning as more and more people are getting fed up and lining up to shoot down the troll threads. I predict about a week from now the troll locust horde will move on and we might actually get some proper discussions going about things that are good (99%) and things that need looking at eg. enemy auto-attack melee damage in dungeons.

I finally did it....

Posted by: robber.4613

robber.4613

I find the players helping players forum is the real general discussion now, anyone wanting actual constructive and helpful discussions should go there.

I finally did it....

Posted by: shingui.4197

shingui.4197

Forums are not the place to get a true feel of the game.

Indeed it isn’t.
Take for example WoW. The game is obviously successful (many MMO’s would sacrifice people to Zhuul for 9million people throwing money at you each month), and many people obviously really enjoy the game. But my god, touch those forums and you can’t understand why there isn’t a lynch mob formed to get Greg Street (aka Ghostcrawler – a lead designer) for ruining their game. It’s crazy.

I finally did it....

Posted by: Nexi.1297

Nexi.1297

Don’t know if we need forums just to have 1 billion “GW2 is awesome” posts…

I like GW2, that’s why I play it.
But that doesn’t mean it’s perfect. In fact the story-telling, especially the personal story, is pretty bad. If you would make it a book, it would be a horrible book. If you would make a movie out of it, it would be a horrible movie. And if you make it the story of a video game, then you just ignore to much things we have learned about story-telling in video games since Pacman.

Dodging is cool, the world is pretty awesome,… doesn’t make the story-telling any better. Story-telling is in my opinion an important part of a RPG, hence I will share my opinion on it…

I finally did it....

Posted by: Faze.6948

Faze.6948

But that doesn’t mean it’s perfect. In fact the story-telling, especially the personal story, is pretty bad. If you would make it a book, it would be a horrible book. If you would make a movie out of it, it would be a horrible movie. And if you make it the story of a video game, then you just ignore to much things we have learned about story-telling in video games since Pacman.

Dodging is cool, the world is pretty awesome,… doesn’t make the story-telling any better. Story-telling is in my opinion an important part of a RPG, hence I will share my opinion on it…

Did you read my post before posting? Because you’re pretty much proving my point here.

I finally did it....

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

have you tried the other classes to draw a fair comparison?
and if said comparison proved that necros are indeed terrible, would you care anyway?

having a blast is opinion based. bugs are not opinion based. they are facts

your whole posts is screaming “Im an absolute casual that doesnt care about well proven bugs, shortcomings, flaws, mistakes or features that could use some more polish. hence, they dont exist and anyone pointing them must be lying or exagerating”

I can accept that some people doesnt care enough about the game to bother scratching beyond the surface, where the flaws are.

I can accept that some people gladly eat feces if someone tells them they are nice, without questioning themselves if they are actually nice.

why cant you accept that some people do NOT do any of that?

if you were happy living in your cave, I suggest you to crawl back to it and never abandon it again. there, you can keep playing deaf, mute and blind, which apparently its what you enjoy most.
the sunlight, man, it may hurt those unprepared to face it.

I finally did it....

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Welcome to the forums. Apparently my profession, Ranger, is broken too. But I’m having a blast with it. Overall I love this game and have made it my main MMO. It’s just so addictive and a lot of fun. I have some complaints (bugs and the like) but I know Anet is working on them.

I finally did it....

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

I find it amusing and ironic that a person who’s name is named after the Night Lords Primarch is telling people the virtues of sunlight.

…Sorry, ignore me, carry on.

I finally did it....

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Casuals are a larger market share than hardcores…shouldn’t we have more say?

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

I finally did it....

Posted by: Nexi.1297

Nexi.1297

Did you read my post before posting? Because you’re pretty much proving my point here.

Of course I did, and I fully agree with you.
And since story-telling is pretty much one of the most constructively discussed topics here, I’m really looking forward to the post-release phase when we’ll get some developer feedback about the future development.

I finally did it....

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Just some information. First, the forums weren’t even online for the first week and a half (?) after launch. And following that there were only a few sub-forums activated, most dealing with support. Second, once the forums were completely up and running, the mood here was generally much brighter than it is now.

In other words, the forums have been up for less than a month, and you missed the best parts by waiting.

I finally did it....

Posted by: Cardovillian.2403

Cardovillian.2403

Yes, we are dumb for complaining about the >100 bugs exclusive to the necromancer.

If only we stayed ignorant and not noticed any of them like you.

How many? Care to list them?

I finally did it....

Posted by: Carnege.3589

Carnege.3589

Casuals are a larger market share than hardcores…shouldn’t we have more say?

Oh look, that expression again.

I finally did it....

Posted by: Moderator

We do not need a thread to complain about the complainers on this forum.