Really, please fix this one already.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

I found the place most toxic people gather

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

I just went there again with another alt. There were definitely farmers there this time. There were large numbers of (un-farmable) rats, greatly outnumbering the still numerous crows. I did the heart as before, killing mainly rats, avoiding killing crows in numbers, or near the farmers. Also rez’d Priory, and comforted sick quaggan. Once again, I got the heart easily in a couple of minutes. No one bothered me , nor did I bother anyone. There was no flaming in map chat.
I think that this has already been stealth-fixed. There are many, many more target mobs, and with a faster spawn rate than when I did this heart with my main. There was no waiting for respawn, though I think the rats may be a little thin for effective maize balm farming at this point. I think all that is needed at this point, is for people to just be respectful of each other.

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

The heart definitely is different from before, perhaps has been 4 or 5 months since was last there.

The numbers of rats are greatly increased no doubt, however they still are worth of like 1 or 2% of the progress bar. For someone who has been mapping for a long time, even if takes 2 minutes to complete the heart task, can feel like an eternity if stay on stomping only rats, the crows could speed up the process.

Nonetheless the progress will go faster if rez the priority healers and kill the ridgeback skales and stomp the rats while waiting for the respawn.

Both, mappers and farmers, can work on their personal goals now with the fix without interfering on each other’s business (I mean there is a chance to kill some crows when killing the skale if not careful but the person doing the event will be gone in a couple of mintues). If it is toxic nowadays, it is due to people being impatient or lashing or overreacting or being deliberately a griever.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Wrong. WvW is still probably the worst.

I second this. EOTM specifically.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: psyckos.6893

psyckos.6893

I think these very forums make EOTM feel like Mr. Rogers neighborhood

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

I was recently there maybe a week ago on my Engineer. I knew what was up as I had seen people doing that activity before. I just did the heart without bothering the crows – it’s not hard.

Honestly till I read this thread I didn’t even know the crows were part of the heart. I’ve never messed with them on other characters doing the heart. The rats you can run up to and stomp – I thought that was what you were supposed to kill, not the crows.

Anyway, everyone needs to be kinder to each other. If you know about the candy corn activity then don’t grief them to get the heart done faster. If someone comes and kills the crows, let them know what’s up in a respectful manner.

It’s not like the candy corn activity is taking over the whole game where nobody can get hearts completed. It’s just that island and the quest is easily done other ways yeah?