I give up... No Map Completion!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Getting a legendary (a portion of which is the only real reward for 100% map completion) was intended to involve all game modes in which the legendary could be used. That’s why you have to do open-world PvE exploration. That’s why you have to get a lot of dungeon tokens. And that’s why you have to do WvW exploration and get your Gift of Battle. It was supposed to indicate all-around achievement.

Where is PvP in this “all-around” deal? And why can people just bypass the whole thing and buy the final weapon? Maybe it’s time for ANet to either follow through or concede that the original vision has become a joke and make the appropriate changes.

It’s already bad enough that people can just spam EotM or SW chest farms to get all 3 ascended mats for vision crystals, while any non-mindless content will always lack one of them.

Legendaries could not be used in PvP at launch, so it wasn’t part of the process to get one. And in my opinion, they ought always to have been account bound on creation – but that particular battle is so far behind us I won’t bother to argue it.

Hopefully the process for acquisition of the new legendaries in HoT will be better.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

its a fundamental issue, op, that you think you can complete the wvw maps solo in a timely manner.

get some friends to follow you or find someone to follow. the latter is more likely to lead to a completed map, because from the sound of it, anyone you decide to follow will have more experience than you.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Players could always organize a WvW KTrain day? Most of us are bored and getting burnt out anyway. It shouldn’t be too hard to get everyone to set aside one day for this. We’re already organizing Tier wide fight nights, push weeks, and GvG’s. Shouldn’t be too difficult to do this really. For example, say March 6th @ 0:00 UTC til the WvW reset is Global Map Complete Day.

The dev’s could help too by getting into WvW and run around with some red tags lit.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Actually I think WvW map completion should stay. It is the only noteworthy achievement in the whole creation of legendary weapons. But Anet should just remove it finally, just to shut up the incessant whining about this in the forums since launch. This game has to be so easy a sleepy trained bovine could succeed. That is the market strategy, that is the audience, the game should finally go the whole way and remove everything bordering on difficulty or commitment.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I did wvw completion on a t8 server before I transferred. That was on my warrior. Wasnt so hard deapite being down thay far. Luckily my then server was top of tier 8 so getting that wasnt so hard. Was a bit mire challenging when I tried it with my ranger. And my thief I finished in a tier 3 server. At least there I can just stealth everywhere. Its gonna be a real challenge to complete it in my necro. I been doing it here and there when I can. At least a necro can join a blob and fight into the point. I got most of wvw done like that. Joined a zerg and stormed the posts. For other skill points and pois it’s just a matter of running smsmart. I also used it as an opportunity to scout for the main blob, particularly when the fighting commanders are online. They always appreciate info from outriders. If you try to solo wvw it’s doable but not quite as much fun. Contributing a little to the server effort while doing so is by itself pretty rewarding. In my eyes anyway

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

What about the skill points and such that are guarded by rather strong mobs that can be hard to solo? Orr have a couple of those. In many cases people need help in order to get that done. And you either have to kill them or have someone distract them while you get the SP.

Ash Legion Spy Kit

Never worry about soloing hard mobs again.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

8 of my 24 chars have Wvw map completion. I play it a lot, but my most recent chars on this list, i could complete it in 3 weeks, being the worst server of the matchups in all 3. You just have to be clever about it that’s all.

I’ll repeat what i told another wvw completion complainer: You’ll get randomized into a colour (red, blue , green). It may take a while, but EVERY COLOUR WILL BE there at soe point.

You are red? You go to both borderlands, to the only unlock waypoint in extreme bottom corners. Get both camps (bottom mid, and corner), tower, and vista’s if they are there. Same for skill point. kitten easy this, especially if it’s your corner.

Go to your own bl (if you are Blackgate for instance it’s called Blackgate borderlands). Citadel waypoint. Go into everything above the mid of the map (water under garrison). From garri to north camp, cap it all on cartograph machine (map completing aka).

Ready?

Repeat once you are blue and green. More IMPORTANTLY REPEAT THIS PROCESS ON ALL YOUR CHARRS AT ONCE IF YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT COLOUR. Suddenly you are ready for eternity, if it concerns wvw map completion.

Hard wasn’kitten Takes me 2-5 months to farm 2000g required for my legendaries. I garantee you if you take part of that time to do what I say, wvw map completion wont even slow your progress down.

Voila, now you are the master of wvw map completion.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

WvW requirement will never be removed. Ever. Get over it.

Now in saying such I’m not trying to be rude or a prick by saying that, it’s just that it’s been a prerequisite since release so it’s locked in. These threads bemoaning it are really a dime a dozen and tbh old hat. Please use search first.

Again though I get player frustration, especially in the regard of being dictated to do something I don’t want to do (the new daily system for example) that is influenced by means outside my control to even garner access too. My first mapping sucked because of this and took a long time to complete, I’m talking 99.99999% complete and waiting on one vista in WvW.

I get it.

In saying I took time out, put completion on the side burner and eventually got it. My second mapping in WvW took maybe 2-3 hours. Point is it’s totally situational , based in large part on luck but the thing is there is so much more to do. Just forget about it for a week or two then try again.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

reset night is tonight. At the end of a match most people will actually ignore you. Reset will happen at 1 hour and a few minutes after the dailies reset. Between when the dailies reset and when WvW resets you will probably be able to get whatever your world has. There will be some roamers, but most will just run by you. You might even be able to rally your server since they will be sitting around in WvW doing nothing. When reset happens, you will start with everything on your color’s BL and a keep +4 towers in EB.

The skillpoint next to the hylek is probably one of the more annoying skillpoints just due to the krait you have to get through just to get it.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: Bonedoctor.2796

Bonedoctor.2796

Find 5-10 people with your similar needs and run a havoc party to capture what you don’t have . I know its not the best solution as you are not fond of PvP . And you will be ganked by better parties . So just jump to another BG and work on what you need there . Its hard to put myself in your shoes as in my server we love our wvw . But this seems like the best and fastest way for you to achieve your goals . I can feel your pain a bit due to wanting completion on my first char and being overwhelmed in WvW because I was just getting owned by everyone constantly . But , sticking with it I ended up loving WvW because of all that pain . I think that is what devs had in mind , force you to spend more time in there than a fast what is this , no ty moment . But its not for everyone . I wish you luck .

Something I forgot , The best rangers in WvW by far are the highly mobile ones . I haven’t figured them out yet but I can tell you I am very good at 1 v 1’s and ok at 1 v 5’s . But those rangers that just flip and warp all over are a pain to kill . I know there not berserker but not full survivability either .

(edited by Bonedoctor.2796)

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

A ranger (full exotic armor) doesn’t stand a chance in WvW when my server obviously does not do WvW. Enemy heavy armors and thieves have too much on a lone ranger (NO PUN INTENEDED). They were in OUR territory and there wasn’t enough of us to defeat them. Like, maybe 5 of us.

I absolutely give up on map completion.

I hope you all are right that WvW will be removed from the WC requirements with HoT.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAR8fjMq0ya7KerQ1agDhq1KwOAegIwdO8uVdGL9xLJ-TFiAABf8AASU3AAHBgGVCWmyvTV/hn9H64iAQKAIWbB-w

Take this build, and go and solo towers. If too many players show up, run. If you’re not having a good time, well back to the drawing board, but this build should have no problem soloing towers, and enough survivability and escapability that unless surrounded by a zerg, you shouldn’t die.

Good luck.

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

man you choosed the wrong class. Ranger is totally broken.
After 2 years and half Anet hasn’ t fixed it.
Thats’ why ranger community is dieng out.
That’s why i won’ t buy the expansion.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Spoken like someone who hasn’t actually played the game in two years.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

@OP

Yeah getting map completion in WvW with any class is a pain in the kitten, but it is possible.

Here are some things to try:
-go the back ways. Try to “sneak” around and reach your objective from another angle.
-If you see the enemy closing in use the /sit or /sleep commands. sometimes if they see you do this, they will leave you alone. It doesn’t always work as some people are kittens, but I’ve had some success with this.
-Log in during off peak times. When I was doing it, thankfully I was working nights/swing shifts so I was able to log in during times when there wasn’t a whole lot of opposition.
-Try to find a group. Sometimes if you have a small group running around, and they see you not trying to cap anything and just doing the map completion they may leave you alone.
-Try to invite them to a party and let them know you are just doing map completion. This also has worked for me, and I was able to do a bunch of the map with little harassment.
-Log in at reset. Many times during reset servers will do a flip train on all the maps. If you can find a zerg doing this, join them and get many of the points. If you can’t find a zerg doing this, try to get one together.

It takes time and patience, but it can be done. Remember, if you give up then you have failed. As long as you keep trying you will succeed.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

It took me a few months to get WvW map completion on all 8 of my characters. I tried to go with zergs. If zergs weren’t going my way or weren’t in the area, then I’d wait until the area needed was my color at reset and I’d try my best to get what I needed as quickly as possible. If I saw a player enemy, then I avoided the area or waited for them to move on. If a player came upon me, then I raced my little heart out to reach the area I needed, L Sometimes I made it, but usually I didn’t. So I died a LOT! But eventually I got what I needed.

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

A ranger (full exotic armor) doesn’t stand a chance in WvW when my server obviously does not do WvW. Enemy heavy armors and thieves have too much on a lone ranger (NO PUN INTENEDED). They were in OUR territory and there wasn’t enough of us to defeat them. Like, maybe 5 of us.

I hope you all are right that WvW will be removed from the WC requirements with HoT.

A Soloer’s Guide to WvW map completion

Qualifier: I spend 99% of my time in game doing Open World PvE. I did however, want to do map completion so I knew I needed to add WvW to the mix. I now have 100% on both my Ranger and Ele with my Eng complete in WvW too. My Mes and Necro have a bit to go yet.

Consideration: When you plan on map completion you must look at the WvW maps in a completely different light than a PvE map.

• When you want to complete a PvE map everything is mostly static. Whether you do a particular map all in one run(which should get you the Survivor Title) or do it piecemeal, the map generally doesn’t change. The challenges are all going to be the same if you do them today or tomorrow or next week. So all in all completing a specific PvE map is somewhat easy.
  • Now in contrast, when you go to a WvW map everything is fluid, the challenges are ever changing. So that means you have to adjust how you attack the situation.
  1. First and Foremost, the MOST IMPORTANT! Don’t wait to do the WvW maps until after you are complete(or almost complete) with all the PvE maps. Plan on doing WvW maps in short bursts over a longer period of time. If you try to do the WvW maps after you have completed the PvE ones you will get frustrated, so shame on you.
  2. Don’t try to do an entire map at once unless your server controls everything and the other teams are just outmatched (doesn’t sound like an option for you anyway).
  3. Log in to WvW during OFF hours. If you are on a NA server, don’t try to solo a WvW map between 5pm ET and 3am eastern time. This is when you have the most people playing (from after work till about midnight). Don’t forget to factor in Pacific Time players are 3 hours behind that is why I say 3am ET.
  4. Remember every week your server gets a new Border map and new positions on all the other maps so the areas that you mapped last week should be different than the areas you map next week.
  5. In all the maps, this week, only be concerned with the map areas close to your spawning point. They give you the highest chance of completion.
  6. Castles are your first concern, If your server holds one on ANY map try to get to it to complete all POIs and Vistas.
  7. Keeps like castles should be your next objective as they are the next hardest to get.
  8. Towers are your third concern as that flip quite regularly.
  9. Skill points are next and somewhat easy to get so long as your aren’t ambushed in the journey there.
  10. Camps are last, as even if they are occupied by enemy troops you can still get close enough to cap the POI then runaway.
  11. Look for a Commander then stay far away from her/him. Commanders and their corresponding Zergs draw conflict by their very nature. Avoid them.
  12. If you go to a map and don’t like what you see… JUST LEAVE! Come back when things look better for you.

I followed this process with my Ranger in Rare Armor and Weapons and it took me about a total of 5 solo hours over about 3 weeks’ time.

REMEMBER: You are not in WvW to fight anyone, ONLY to complete the map so AVOID ALL ENEMIES!

Best of luck.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

A Soloer’s Guide to WvW map completion

Qualifier: I spend 99% of my time in game doing Open World PvE. I did however, want to do map completion so I knew I needed to add WvW to the mix. I now have 100% on both my Ranger and Ele with my Eng complete in WvW too. My Mes and Necro have a bit to go yet.

Consideration: When you plan on map completion you must look at the WvW maps in a completely different light than a PvE map.

• When you want to complete a PvE map everything is mostly static. Whether you do a particular map all in one run(which should get you the Survivor Title) or do it piecemeal, the map generally doesn’t change. The challenges are all going to be the same if you do them today or tomorrow or next week. So all in all completing a specific PvE map is somewhat easy.
  • Now in contrast, when you go to a WvW map everything is fluid, the challenges are ever changing. So that means you have to adjust how you attack the situation.
  1. First and Foremost, the MOST IMPORTANT! Don’t wait to do the WvW maps until after you are complete(or almost complete) with all the PvE maps. Plan on doing WvW maps in short bursts over a longer period of time. If you try to do the WvW maps after you have completed the PvE ones you will get frustrated, so shame on you.
  2. Don’t try to do an entire map at once unless your server controls everything and the other teams are just outmatched (doesn’t sound like an option for you anyway).
  3. Log in to WvW during OFF hours. If you are on a NA server, don’t try to solo a WvW map between 5pm ET and 3am eastern time. This is when you have the most people playing (from after work till about midnight). Don’t forget to factor in Pacific Time players are 3 hours behind that is why I say 3am ET.
  4. Remember every week your server gets a new Border map and new positions on all the other maps so the areas that you mapped last week should be different than the areas you map next week.
  5. In all the maps, this week, only be concerned with the map areas close to your spawning point. They give you the highest chance of completion.
  6. Castles are your first concern, If your server holds one on ANY map try to get to it to complete all POIs and Vistas.
  7. Keeps like castles should be your next objective as they are the next hardest to get.
  8. Towers are your third concern as that flip quite regularly.
  9. Skill points are next and somewhat easy to get so long as your aren’t ambushed in the journey there.
  10. Camps are last, as even if they are occupied by enemy troops you can still get close enough to cap the POI then runaway.
  11. Look for a Commander then stay far away from her/him. Commanders and their corresponding Zergs draw conflict by their very nature. Avoid them.
  12. If you go to a map and don’t like what you see… JUST LEAVE! Come back when things look better for you.

I followed this process with my Ranger in Rare Armor and Weapons and it took me about a total of 5 solo hours over about 3 weeks’ time.

REMEMBER: You are not in WvW to fight anyone, ONLY to complete the map so AVOID ALL ENEMIES!

Best of luck.

I will add this to the commander comment:

If they are headed towards something you need and you’re near them, follow them. There is strength in numbers. And if you’re helping them, they may be more inclined to help you in return (kill some NPC foes to open a skill point for you, or to keep an eye out for you while you handle a combat skill point (or help you kill it).

Stonemist Castle is the castle of number one priority over ALL other castles. It’s the center most one in Eternal Battlegrounds. It can have a waypoint in it. It is very highly wanted and will flip quickly. When in Stonemist get the skill point first (and the POI if there is one in the lord’s room where the skill point is), then the vista, then the poi’s you did not get while getting the skill point and vista (you’ll likely have gotten one when you entered).

Posted by: punkinkatt.4823

punkinkatt.4823

And in PvE, one only has to worry about naturally aggro’ing mobs that let you go if you run out of their spawn area. Not so when the enemies are other players.

What about the skill points and such that are guarded by rather strong mobs that can be hard to solo? Orr have a couple of those. In many cases people need help in order to get that done. And you either have to kill them or have someone distract them while you get the SP.

And what about Vistas, some which requires quite a bit of jumping and walking around.

I don’t have a problem with Vista’s in PvE area’s, not matter how complex they may be. I’m not being targeted by 30 or more relentless players while I am trying to get them. Same with the skill points. Even the more difficult ones were easy enough to get since there was always at least one other person there trying to get them.

Xev Munroe, Human Ranger: “I love my menagerie
of animals. I love them more than I do most
people. Even solo, I am never alone!”

punkinkatt.4823

There’s only one thing to understand: when WvW people go into PVE to complete maps, the PVE people don’t kill their characters.

^That!

punkinkatt.4823

Punkinkatt, speaking as a very similar player to yourself (100% PVE, only doing PVP content like WVW grudgingly due to the gating mechanisms in this game), I’d advise that you consider what you’re trying to gain by map completion. If it’s just the gold star and Been There Done That title, by all means, keep at it. With care, odd playing hours, and as many weeks as needed for your server to rotate through all three colors, you’ll get there.

However if your goal is a legendary, I’d advise giving up now and never going back. Legendaries also require the Gift of Battle = WVW rank 14. That’s about five months of doing the easy Master of Ruins/Land Claimer type dailies. During which time you will inevitably get ganked periodically by groups you never see coming. Totally not worth it.

It’s not really much of a loss anyway, ascended weapons are just as good and vastly easier to get (though still quite grindy; such is the nature of GW2).

I’m not after a legendary, just the achievement. Despise WvW, don’t even visit PvP.

Posted by: NeoCodex.2438

NeoCodex.2438

Lol wvw. I should read a guide to complete my map completion there? No thanks. The gamemode is bad and pointless enough as it is, and now when I read that I would have to put trough ALL this crap, I for sure won’t touch this piece of crap zerg rushes all yo we are so cool zerg zerg ZERG mode ever again.

punkinkatt.4823

Punkinkatt, speaking as a very similar player to yourself (100% PVE, only doing PVP content like WVW grudgingly due to the gating mechanisms in this game), I’d advise that you consider what you’re trying to gain by map completion. If it’s just the gold star and Been There Done That title, by all means, keep at it. With care, odd playing hours, and as many weeks as needed for your server to rotate through all three colors, you’ll get there.

However if your goal is a legendary, I’d advise giving up now and never going back. Legendaries also require the Gift of Battle = WVW rank 14. That’s about five months of doing the easy Master of Ruins/Land Claimer type dailies. During which time you will inevitably get ganked periodically by groups you never see coming. Totally not worth it.

It’s not really much of a loss anyway, ascended weapons are just as good and vastly easier to get (though still quite grindy; such is the nature of GW2).

I’m sorry but this is just bad info. You can buy ranks in WvW with laurels and badges of honor, without doing any WvW at all. You never have to WvW even a little for a gift of battle or level 14, because you get so many badges of honor with achievement point chests (and laurels aren’t that hard to come by either).

The real issue here is that the OP wants to get those skill points at a specific time. I tried and I was killed. I guarantee you those skill points aren’t camped 24/7. They’re not even camped all day prime time every day. If you can’t get them one time you can get them another.

The problem is it’s frustrating and people want it done on their schedule. That’s just not possible with WvW.

Actually, the skill points in my server’s current territory in the borderlands are not the problem. Neither are most of the Vista’s. It’s the PoI’s that have been conquered by an enemy server or are under attack. Albeit, I have had enemy players, who were in route to one of my servers encampments, break away from their group for the sole purpose of taking me out while I stood at a Vista… nowhere near the encampment or my fellow server-mates. I’m one person, and I get stampeded by 10, 20, 30, maybe more… people who felt it necessary to go out of their way to kill me. The goal of WvW is to conquer territories, not individuals.

Personally, I think they get a perverse pleasure out of doing $h!+ like that. On one occasion I did have the opportunity to deprive them of that pleasure. I was on a ledge and jumped to my death, obliterating any chance of them getting anything from me.

punkinkatt.4823

If you’re on SoS, there have been numerous weeks when it has dropped down into a T3 matchup where it completely dominates the other two servers and owns most of everything on the map. It is really clear you’ve literally stepped foot into WvW for maybe 10 minutes, couldn’t get your objective because there happened to be a fight nearby and have come straight to the forums to whine. GG.

Being on a T2 server is probably one of the easiest places to be for map completion right now as all of them are rotating in and out of T3/4 matchups due to there being 4 T2 servers.

I was there for over 2 hours, tyvm. My dinner was over an hour late as a result. My bad, I know, but just clarifying that I did and will continue to give this my best shot to complete. I still have no interest in WvW or PvP. I hate zerg-fests and that is all WvW is.

punkinkatt.4823

9 World completions. Two more characters working on it.. WvW maps done on both.

No sympathy.

You don’t want to jump through the hoops, save your gold and buy the legendary outright off the trading post.

It’s not that much more expensive than crafting, especially considering the time it takes to do the world completions, karma, etc.

Not after a legendary, just map completion. Re-read the title of this thread plz.

punkinkatt.4823

its a fundamental issue, op, that you think you can complete the wvw maps solo in a timely manner.

get some friends to follow you or find someone to follow. the latter is more likely to lead to a completed map, because from the sound of it, anyone you decide to follow will have more experience than you.

Never assumed it could be done in a timely manner. I have no real friends in-game. In fact, outside of the one person, on these forums, who helped me with one of the season 2 fights, I have no one on my friendlist. I am the leader of my own guild, Jerusalem [Jeru], and I am the only one in it. This is by preference. I am basically a solo player. I get help when I need it from strangers who are doing the same thing that I am, but that’s about it.

Why do I prefer to be so alone in-game, you may ask?
Because of bad experiences with people with bad and even abusive attitudes. Unfortunately, those people have given me ample reason to keep myself as segregated from other players (good and bad) as much as possible. But you know what? I am one of the first people to run, even out of my way, to revive a downed player. Often times ending up needing to be revived, myself.

Posted by: Tyrantis.8640

Tyrantis.8640

@punkinkatt

HI,

I am a ranger and I am doing this currently. I did most of it myself (following a few zergs along the way)

I am at the same point that I think a lot of people get. The places I have left are not going to get taken over at all.

Some of them are right near the home base on Eternal Battlegrounds. Another is at the main city of another servers home map (which would not be likely to get hit)

My recommendation is to do what you can and not to sweat what you can’t.

I am at 99% and pretty much just wait for Friday nights to see if server rotation kicks in which will allow me to grab what little I have left.

I figured I would just respond to you since I main a ranger also. Don’t give up! I am not!

Posted by: Tyrantis.8640

Tyrantis.8640

9 World completions. Two more characters working on it.. WvW maps done on both.

No sympathy.

You don’t want to jump through the hoops, save your gold and buy the legendary outright off the trading post.

It’s not that much more expensive than crafting, especially considering the time it takes to do the world completions, karma, etc.

Not after a legendary, just map completion. Re-read the title of this thread plz.

I would ignore people like this.

Map completion in it’s current form is a pain in the butt and there are a lot of situations where it is out of your hands to get full completion.

Here is a cool little hint. There is a high chance that WvW will be removed from the World Completion requirement.

In a recent POI on twitch, a redditor noticed that world completion required less than is currently required. The amount missing from World completion was the exact amount that WvW accounts for.

Here is the proof.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2v20dl/less_to_explore_in_hot/

insanemaniac.2456

Never assumed it could be done in a timely manner. I have no real friends in-game. In fact, outside of the one person, on these forums, who helped me with one of the season 2 fights, I have no one on my friendlist. I am the leader of my own guild, Jerusalem [Jeru], and I am the only one in it. This is by preference. I am basically a solo player. I get help when I need it from strangers who are doing the same thing that I am, but that’s about it.

Because of bad experiences with people with bad and even abusive attitudes. Unfortunately, those people have given me ample reason to keep myself as segregated from other players (good and bad) as much as possible. But you know what? I am one of the first people to run, even out of my way, to revive a downed player. Often times ending up needing to be revived, myself.

this is an mmo, not a single player game. dont let past bullying wreck your future experiences by scaring you into antisocialism.

SoS’s entire borderland map was theirs last night and right now sos is doing even better. that means they have people actively playing. and those people are connected with others, because if they werent sosbl would just get ktrained by dbs oceanics. you probably need to connect with them to get what you want if you dont want to depend on your server getting paired down and roflstomping in an easy match (which, incidentally, looking at sos’s projected rating, could very well happen).

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Aargh!! Stop posting this in random threads. Though I suppose this one is closer than others.

But anyway: I cast magic missile at the Darkness!

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

punkinkatt.4823

this is an mmo, not a single player game. dont let past bullying wreck your future experiences by scaring you into antisocialism.

SoS’s entire borderland map was theirs last night and right now sos is doing even better. that means they have people actively playing. and those people are connected with others, because if they werent sosbl would just get ktrained by dbs oceanics. you probably need to connect with them to get what you want if you dont want to depend on your server getting paired down and roflstomping in an easy match (which, incidentally, looking at sos’s projected rating, could very well happen).

I haven’t been scared into anti-socialism. Not at all. People who bully make me mad, not scared. I am an easy going person and I don’t like how it feels to be mad, so I stay to myself as much as possible.

When I logged out last night, SoS’s borderlands were not theirs in it’s entirety. We’re blue, until reset, and green occupied part of it and was zerging through the eastern and southern sides of it. If we got our territory back after I logged out, then I assume more SoS players logged in after that point. But while I was online, we were grossly out-manned, but not doing too badly. I’m not a nighttime or early morning player and I’m not going to disrupt my real life schedule for a game. I’m probably sleeping when our server is at it’s peak in WvW. I’ll get WvW map completion as I can.

insanemaniac.2456

I’m not a nighttime or early morning player and I’m not going to disrupt my real life schedule for a game.

and that is exactly why you should look for a wvw guild to join. the more days they say they have raids, the better. because theyll take things during their raids, things that might flip back 5 minutes later and not flip again for a day or 5. and if you join in on the raid for an hour, youll probably get things done. and you might even have fun.

punkinkatt.4823

I’m not a nighttime or early morning player and I’m not going to disrupt my real life schedule for a game.

and that is exactly why you should look for a wvw guild to join. the more days they say they have raids, the better. because theyll take things during their raids, things that might flip back 5 minutes later and not flip again for a day or 5. and if you join in on the raid for an hour, youll probably get things done. and you might even have fun.

I’m sure joining a WvW guild would help with map completion, but if that is my only reason for joining one, it wouldn’t be fair to the other members. Even if I am doing my part in the process, my intention’s would be to leave once I’ve gotten map completion and never re-enter WvW. The game play there is just too vicious. I don’t think I will ever have fun in there.

insanemaniac.2456

I’m sure joining a WvW guild would help with map completion, but if that is my only reason for joining one, it wouldn’t be fair to the other members. Even if I am doing my part in the process, my intention’s would be to leave once I’ve gotten map completion and never re-enter WvW. The game play there is just too vicious. I don’t think I will ever have fun in there.

how will you know if you dont give it a fair chance? even my most pve centric guildies enjoy a bit of wvw, but its because theyve had people to teach and help them and theyve kept an open mind.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

the math adds up.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

punkikatt I have to agree with insanemaniac. Try a guild. My guild is great for all PvX. They help in dungeons, living story, open world, world bosses, PvP and WvW. We have Friday night WvW at reset, then usually one or two other nights during the week they’ll have “theme” WvW… let me tell you, nothing beats a whole zerg of bearbow rangers!! Most fun ever. But even if you don’t fit the “theme” you can still go and have fun. They also do give lessons on WvW tactics, but they honestly don’t care what skill level you have. You don’t have to be on TS either (I almost never use it). We’ve helped many players get their world completion by taking specific objectives.

So yeah, find that kind of guild. The kind you probably won’t want to leave after

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I’m sorry but this is just bad info. You can buy ranks in WvW with laurels and badges of honor, without doing any WvW at all. You never have to WvW even a little for a gift of battle or level 14, because you get so many badges of honor with achievement point chests (and laurels aren’t that hard to come by either).

The real issue here is that the OP wants to get those skill points at a specific time. I tried and I was killed. I guarantee you those skill points aren’t camped 24/7. They’re not even camped all day prime time every day. If you can’t get them one time you can get them another.

The problem is it’s frustrating and people want it done on their schedule. That’s just not possible with WvW.

Actually, the skill points in my server’s current territory in the borderlands are not the problem. Neither are most of the Vista’s. It’s the PoI’s that have been conquered by an enemy server or are under attack. Albeit, I have had enemy players, who were in route to one of my servers encampments, break away from their group for the sole purpose of taking me out while I stood at a Vista… nowhere near the encampment or my fellow server-mates. I’m one person, and I get stampeded by 10, 20, 30, maybe more… people who felt it necessary to go out of their way to kill me. The goal of WvW is to conquer territories, not individuals.

Personally, I think they get a perverse pleasure out of doing $h!+ like that. On one occasion I did have the opportunity to deprive them of that pleasure. I was on a ledge and jumped to my death, obliterating any chance of them getting anything from me.

Hello! I just want to say that I really like that you’re following up with your thread and responding to everyone. It makes me feel like my comment won’t fall on deaf… eyes?

One thing you’ve got to understand about WvW is that if it’s red, it’s dead. WvW is about more than just capturing territories. “Roamers” as we call solo people running around, usually looking for fights, also play the role of a “scout.” Some players really love the job of scouting, and some guilds might send a player or three around a map to see what’s going on. You are being chased and killed because (1) you are a loot bag, and (2) because you might be tracking your enemies. It’s not really players being vicious or going out of their way to kill you (ok, sometimes people are jerks), but simply securing their mission. One person on siege or with a siege disabler can make it a real pain for smaller zergs to capture things. Don’t take it personally or think people are being malicious and trying to keep you from map completion.

Also, don’t get discouraged when you are killed in an area. Most small groups/roamers don’t camp a spot forever, likewise most zergs do not stay stagnant. Move on to another area and go back to the initial one in a few minutes. If they’re still there, well, they’re just being “kittens.” Don’t be afraid to just YOLO into an area just to get the PoI. If you see enemies taking a tower you need, try to hide and wait for the gate to open. Use your Signet of Stone or Rampage as One and just run in. No worries if you die, you got what you wanted xD

Sea of Sorrows should be rotating between T2 and T3 matchups. At some point, your server will be the big bully and you’ll be able to complete your maps. When you get down to the last few things you need, http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups has a live WvW map, where you can see what your server owns at any time.

Good luck!

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

I agree that WvW should be removed from map completion.

In a game mechanic aspect, Map Completion should only be PvE.

In a lore aspect, why include a tiny section of the Mists in map completion? How do you make a map of the Mists anyway? Remember the world map of the Realm of Torment (pictured)? Completely useless for navigation.

Still, it’s really not that hard to complete it given that you have an ounce of patience.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sane.5072

Sane.5072

Ok, now I see that your server is SoS. Your first sentence in this thread is that “My server is clearly not interested in WvW”….Are you kidding me? SoS is an EXTREMELY active WvW server. I get it, it’s annoying to be forced into playing a game mode you don’t like but at least don’t go about lying just because you don’t like it.

Besides that, you really should just let this objective slide to the backburner. Just wait every week to be a different colour, do the easy map completion on those sides one by one. Either way since you’re not doing it for a legendary you’re going to be needing a next objective, might as well start looking towards that before you’re forced to find something else to do.

Posted by: Ziantra.8502

Ziantra.8502

I’m with all of those that despise any form of PVP. However I managed to get 2 map completes. I did this by popping over frequently and getting what I could on my own. Ask around to find out which of your friends knows any WvW beasts. I called on my friends in PAIN to escort me to get the last ones which it seems, WvWers are always happy to have an excuse to juggernaut through some enemies. Getting WvW complete was despicable-but if I can do it…I have faith YOU can-keep at it!

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

If you’re on SoS, there have been numerous weeks when it has dropped down into a T3 matchup where it completely dominates the other two servers and owns most of everything on the map. It is really clear you’ve literally stepped foot into WvW for maybe 10 minutes, couldn’t get your objective because there happened to be a fight nearby and have come straight to the forums to whine. GG.

Being on a T2 server is probably one of the easiest places to be for map completion right now as all of them are rotating in and out of T3/4 matchups due to there being 4 T2 servers.

I was there for over 2 hours, tyvm. My dinner was over an hour late as a result. My bad, I know, but just clarifying that I did and will continue to give this my best shot to complete. I still have no interest in WvW or PvP. I hate zerg-fests and that is all WvW is.

Wow, 2 whole hours before coming to the forums. Aren’t you tenacious? =P

Incidentally, SoS has been matched up with a T3 and a T4 server this week. This means SoS will typically vastly outnumber the other servers at most periods of the day. This is a good week or map completion. Keep an eye on wvwintel.com to see which objectives you own.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

(edited by Tiffany.8576)

punkinkatt.4823

Ok, now I see that your server is SoS. Your first sentence in this thread is that “My server is clearly not interested in WvW”….Are you kidding me? SoS is an EXTREMELY active WvW server. I get it, it’s annoying to be forced into playing a game mode you don’t like but at least don’t go about lying just because you don’t like it.

Besides that, you really should just let this objective slide to the backburner. Just wait every week to be a different colour, do the easy map completion on those sides one by one. Either way since you’re not doing it for a legendary you’re going to be needing a next objective, might as well start looking towards that before you’re forced to find something else to do.

I wasn’t lying. I described it the way I saw it while I was there. That’s just a blatantly rude assumption on your part.

punkinkatt.4823

Wow, 2 whole hours before coming to the forums. Aren’t you tenacious? =P

Incidentally, SoS has been matched up with a T3 and a T4 server this week. This means SoS will typically vastly outnumber the other servers at most periods of the day. This is a good week or map completion. Keep an eye on wvwintel.com to see which objectives you own.

2 straight hours last night alone. As of right now, I’ve probably spent about 5.5-6 hours all total just between yesterday and today and I am NOT a fan of WvW.

I’ve completed 2 borderlands maps. The one from this week while we were blue and the one we got at reset tonight (we’re green now). Done, don’t have to go back until next Friday night.

punkinkatt.4823

Hello! I just want to say that I really like that you’re following up with your thread and responding to everyone. It makes me feel like my comment won’t fall on deaf… eyes?

One thing you’ve got to understand about WvW is that if it’s red, it’s dead. WvW is about more than just capturing territories. “Roamers” as we call solo people running around, usually looking for fights, also play the role of a “scout.” Some players really love the job of scouting, and some guilds might send a player or three around a map to see what’s going on. You are being chased and killed because (1) you are a loot bag, and (2) because you might be tracking your enemies. It’s not really players being vicious or going out of their way to kill you (ok, sometimes people are jerks), but simply securing their mission. One person on siege or with a siege disabler can make it a real pain for smaller zergs to capture things. Don’t take it personally or think people are being malicious and trying to keep you from map completion.

Also, don’t get discouraged when you are killed in an area. Most small groups/roamers don’t camp a spot forever, likewise most zergs do not stay stagnant. Move on to another area and go back to the initial one in a few minutes. If they’re still there, well, they’re just being “kittens.” Don’t be afraid to just YOLO into an area just to get the PoI. If you see enemies taking a tower you need, try to hide and wait for the gate to open. Use your Signet of Stone or Rampage as One and just run in. No worries if you die, you got what you wanted xD

Sea of Sorrows should be rotating between T2 and T3 matchups. At some point, your server will be the big bully and you’ll be able to complete your maps. When you get down to the last few things you need, http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups has a live WvW map, where you can see what your server owns at any time.

Good luck!

I understand what you’re say about red is dead. But it doesn’t take 30 players to kill one lone enemy player. That’s what urks me. If it were just one, maybe 2 people, fine… if I die, I die.. and most likely would since I don’t do WvW and don’t have any of the purchased buffs or boosts or whatever they are you buy with points. And I most likely have the wrong kind of build for it. Plus, I’m simply not skilled for that kind of hardcore content… skilled, as in me personally.

But, as I said a few minutes ago in another reply. I’ve got 2 borderland maps done. I don’t have to go back until next Friday night for the last borderlands map and then I’ll work on the Eternal Battlegrounds, which I definitely do not look forward to.

Seera.5916

Good luck!

I understand what you’re say about red is dead. But it doesn’t take 30 players to kill one lone enemy player. That’s what urks me. If it were just one, maybe 2 people, fine… if I die, I die.. and most likely would since I don’t do WvW and don’t have any of the purchased buffs or boosts or whatever they are you buy with points. And I most likely have the wrong kind of build for it. Plus, I’m simply not skilled for that kind of hardcore content… skilled, as in me personally.

But, as I said a few minutes ago in another reply. I’ve got 2 borderland maps done. I don’t have to go back until next Friday night for the last borderlands map and then I’ll work on the Eternal Battlegrounds, which I definitely do not look forward to.

I really really really suggest that you keep an eye out all week for Stonemist Castle in Eternal Battlegrounds. If SoS has it at the moment, you may even get lucky. They may have a waypoint in it. You won’t get lucky on reset night as the upgrade for the waypoint takes time.

And no, it doesn’t take 30, but those 30 want a chance at loot.

punkinkatt.4823

I really really really suggest that you keep an eye out all week for Stonemist Castle in Eternal Battlegrounds. If SoS has it at the moment, you may even get lucky. They may have a waypoint in it. You won’t get lucky on reset night as the upgrade for the waypoint takes time.

Just what kind of loot do they get that is worth that kind of aggressiveness? I haven’t noticed anything impressive in the loot I’ve gotten.

Seera.5916

Just what kind of loot do they get that is worth that kind of aggressiveness? I haven’t noticed anything impressive in the loot I’ve gotten.

WvW doesn’t offer a huge amount of options for getting loot from what I understand, I don’t WvW hardly at all, just for the map completion and I do it solo. And I know siege uses money.

insanemaniac.2456

the way you are going about this is making it harder for you, but you arent listening to us.

dont leave eb for last. get your corner now.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

If I can tell that someone in WvW is completing a vista or skill challenge or just getting a POI, I don’t chase down and harrass them. Recognizing that there are non-pvp people on these maps that just want to get their maps done (easy to tell because they often run to predictable places and are often alone) is just being a decent person.

Good luck to you on eventually finishing your map.

punkinkatt.4823

the way you are going about this is making it harder for you, but you arent listening to us.

dont leave eb for last. get your corner now.

I’ll get it, as well as keeping an eye on Stonemist Castle, as someone else has suggested. I don’t think my method is making it harder on me. After reset last night, I got our entire borderlands for this week without issue. That sounds like easier to me.

punkinkatt.4823

If I can tell that someone in WvW is completing a vista or skill challenge or just getting a POI, I don’t chase down and harrass them. Recognizing that there are non-pvp people on these maps that just want to get their maps done (easy to tell because they often run to predictable places and are often alone) is just being a decent person.

Good luck to you on eventually finishing your map.

Gave you a +1!