I got my legendary, so now...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: YPC.6349

YPC.6349

I am FREEEEEEEEEEEEE. I don’t need to worry about progression, I progressed the last progression. I can play for fun and don’t need to give a kitten about whatever screw up anet put in this game. 7 Fractals in my holiday month? GO FRAC YOURSELF. I don’t need to get frac for M-coin, karma or 50s. I don’t even know what do these fracs have to do with my heroes and Tyria. Fun for the first few times but suck afterward. And there is no need to LFG, no need to learn dungeon exploits and no need to teach dungeon exploits. I don’t need to chat business causal, I can chat whatever I want including trolling and bullkitten. I can now do whatever I want without worrying about hindering my progression because there is no progressions left for me. And finally thanks for everyone who directly or indirectly helped me on my legendary, I know some of you but not all, like the guy selling precursor cheap after LS event.

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Congrats! And please promote fun/laughable trolling and not very annoying trolling now that you are free :P What legendary was it?

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

The grind is over…. the grind will never end…

Get the next legendary… even if you’re an engineer, you still need that pistol/shield legendary combo even if you’ll never use it

Posted by: Nirvash.3018

Nirvash.3018

After getting my legendary it feels like gold has no value anymore lol…

Posted by: mavet.3047

mavet.3047

I am FREEEEEEEEEEEEE. I don’t need to worry about progression, I progressed the last progression. I can play for fun and don’t need to give a kitten about whatever screw up anet put in this game. 7 Fractals in my holiday month? GO FRAC YOURSELF. I don’t need to get frac for M-coin, karma or 50s. I don’t even know what do these fracs have to do with my heroes and Tyria. Fun for the first few times but suck afterward. And there is no need to LFG, no need to learn dungeon exploits and no need to teach dungeon exploits. I don’t need to chat business causal, I can chat whatever I want including trolling and bullkitten. I can now do whatever I want without worrying about hindering my progression because there is no progressions left for me. And finally thanks for everyone who directly or indirectly helped me on my legendary, I know some of you but not all, like the guy selling precursor cheap after LS event.

Laugh now foolish mortal until ANet releases the all powerful XPAC and your legendary becomes nothing more than a "white" MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

Mors janua vitæ

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

After getting my legendary it feels like gold has no value anymore lol...

I’ll take your gold. It has plenty of value to me. ;)

Grats to you folks! Post pics, show off a little. :3

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Grats YPC, what would you say was the most difficult part of getting it?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You need a more legendarys for you off-hand and 2nd weapon set.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: GrapeGatsby.6937

GrapeGatsby.6937

Cool beans bro but you do know that the weapon is only one part of your gear right? In my opinion MMORPG are nothing without progression because I feel that’s the whole point of this genre.

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

There’s the underwater legendary too, because we all know how awesome underwater combat is!

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

How is the Legendary Harpoon Gun?!!!?! Is it amazing?
;P hehhehhehheh

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Try to be world first having a complete set of all legendaries.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Sounds like its about time for a re-roll… That’s what I would do.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Passing by…

You also have one free Gift of Explortation for your second weapon set. And i am sure, your twink requires one or two pretty good looking weapons too (:

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Posted by: Aoshi.4785

Aoshi.4785

I’m gonna guess it’s the Mystic Clovers, especially if OP went for the 10x recipe. Everything else is pretty straightforward, but the Mystic Clovers are sort of a gamble. Reason being is that there is a % rate at which Big Z will actually give you a Clover from the mats you feed him. Right now with the single clove recipe it’s right at about 33% success or so (appy-polly-logies if I am incorrect). So, about 3 per 10 tries. And that’s A LOT of karma down the drain.

YPC.6349

It is Kudzu. It is a cheap legendary and the cheapest two handed legendary because it doesn’t require lodestone and only players with female warrior/ranger want that. Even so it is not bad. It has light effect, sound effect, projectile effect and trail. Not one of those effect are great but it does has many effects

I’m gonna guess it’s the Mystic Clovers, especially if OP went for the 10x recipe. Everything else is pretty straightforward, but the Mystic Clovers are sort of a gamble. Reason being is that there is a % rate at which Big Z will actually give you a Clover from the mats you feed him. Right now with the single clove recipe it’s right at about 33% success or so (appy-polly-logies if I am incorrect). So, about 3 per 10 tries. And that’s A LOT of karma down the drain.

Mystic Clovers was tough. I have bad luck on that(less than 30% hit). That is extra 25+ ecto to fill the gap even it is just 3-4% off. But I wouldn’t say it is the most difficult part because it doesn’t hurt much in big picture. There are two things I think is really hard. They may sound contradict to each other but they are different things.

The first one is saving. When you are going for a legendary, you will eventually mass a large sum of gold. It is 100+ gold, all yours, and there are so much things you can buy, but you must resist because if you can’t amass enough of cash, you will be unable to gain benefit when there are good deals. It feels like sailing in an endless ocean with many beautiful islands behind you.

The second one is large sum dealing. When a deal involve large sum of gold, I find it takes a lot of courage to seal the deal. It is weeks of work in one click. No one can tell you if you are doing right. And they are not like Z which will sit in the center of LA waiting you until you are ready. It is a very stressful thing to do large sum buying or selling. Sometime I let good deal go because I fear.

(edited by YPC.6349)

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

oooooh congrats! now, on to legendary armor! (in the future patch ofc)

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

YPC.6349

Try to be world first having a complete set of all legendaries.

Legendary are not account bounded. It is only soulbound on use. So you can trade it, at least for now. I am not surprised some teams are working on that.

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

Grats, you beat the game’s hard mode…. You now have nothing else to do.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

Posted by: Assassinin.4963

Assassinin.4963

Anet should introduced more gear type beyond what is available now. Anet should implement additional gear in the form of equippable undergarments and the legendary form of undergarments for player to grind further.

Then we can have players going around in WvW suffocating downed enemies with their smelly legendary panties and bras. Yeah, what a humiliating and horrible way to die. And the enemies probably well deserved it.

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Anet should introduced more gear type beyond what is available now. Anet should implement additional gear in the form of equippable undergarments and the legendary form of undergarments for player to grind further.

Then we can have players going around in WvW suffocating downed enemies with their smelly legendary panties and bras. Yeah, what a humiliating and horrible way to die. And the enemies probably well deserved it.

What would make a bra legendary?

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

There’s the underwater legendary too, because we all know how awesome underwater combat is!

Some of us do like underwater combat.

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

Some of us do like underwater combat.

But some of us do like underwear combat too.

Posted by: Shayne Hawke.9160

Shayne Hawke.9160

Congratulations on finally getting a feeling that 90% of the community should have been allowed to reach two months ago. Unfortunately, most people are still stuck dealing with the impending influx of vertical progression.

YT channel - GW2 Activity vids and more
Activities are dead.
Sanctum Sprint record times: any checkpoints – 39.333, all checkpoints – 1:55.633

Posted by: Lionaeron.5724

Lionaeron.5724

cool story bro, now you gotta make some legendary armor When it’s ready

Zerg>Skill.

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

1 Weapon? Yeah, nothing more to worry about then.

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

Think of it this way OP. What if you had 2 legendaries!

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Congrats! Quick question – how did you go about the Gift of Fortune part that isn’t Clovers? All I have left is about 130 ectos and 200 of 4 or 5 types of T6 mat. However, sitting at the Trading Post all day is not my style. I’m thinking dungeon runs and cycling the profit/tokens, as that’s how I got the Charged Lodestones, but I’m always up for trying other methods.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

How is the Legendary Harpoon Gun?!!!?! Is it amazing?
;P hehhehhehheh

The Spear looks pretty awesome. Beating things to death with a stiff fish.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Rhotsbin.8579

Rhotsbin.8579

Hopefully a new item… megadaries (neon black text)! Will be added soon with 20x the grind for better stats!

Ascending gear. Descending game.

Posted by: Renegadeslx.4703

Renegadeslx.4703

Salvage it with a crude salvage kit. Then vendor what you get back.

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

Next up.. YPC’s thread on nothing to do in the game.

You could have done all of the things you listed without your legendary

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

I got the most expensive legendary in the game to notice I wont get an achievement until I also get the second most expensive one and fuse them into a third weapon without the footprints, making the whole item worthless. nice, huh?

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Posted by: Renegadeslx.4703

Renegadeslx.4703

I got the most expensive legendary in the game to notice I wont get an achievement until I also get the second most expensive one and fuse them into a third weapon without the footprints, making the whole item worthless. nice, huh?

Sounds rather insulting tbh. Id be upset if I were you.

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

God, I envy you. I’m farming for it myself. Hope it won’t take too long so I can start ENJOYING the game.

Posted by: sidneijr.7051

sidneijr.7051

7 Fractals in my holiday month? GO FRAC YOURSELF.

Epic lol!
Congrats man, I know what you are feeling, I am about 100k of Karma and 10 SK to be free too!

;D

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

kitten, once you have one it will take you 1 week tops to want the next one. You will never be free! You ill just do it with a little less of a rush though.

@Renegadeslx.4703
yes, i am pretty upset about that.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

Honestly, legendary weapons in this game are nothing more then glorified skins. The amount of work and time taken to get them just don’t justify the small stat increase. Unlike the Val’anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings from Ulduar. That item was so nice that it lasted till heroic weapons from Lich King. I’m level 86 still using my Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa’s Rest and I killed that heroic dragon in that other game.

Sure this is just my opinion and I’m entitled to it. Others may see it differently and that’s their opinion. I also don’t feel these should be easy to get. They are what they are, time and money sinks.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

Until they up the level cap and introduce level 85 (or 90 or whatever) Legendaries. Gotta force people to grind, as we all know that grinding is super fun and difficult, and is also the only gameplay that can exist in games.